Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
You can just grill meat with no seasoning, no nothing except cooking it to the correct temperature and it will be good. Anyone can do that. The extra stuff like butter and herbs are what put it over the top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Solice Kirsk posted:

You son of a bitch. You goddamned son of a bitch. You have to make a proper bechamel then add the cheese. You goddamned idiot son of a bitch.

With a roux? Sure it can be made that way, but I personally find it thickens up too much if you're hungry and in a hurry.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

It is goon tradition to refuse to believe that anyone ever eats anything but the most disgusting version of anything they don’t personally like, especially if they associate it with being american. This applies even to american goons.

Mac and cheese is all kraft dinner, sweet tea is all from McDonald’s, ketchup and mayonnaise are only ever slathered on in gallons, it’s impossible to eat only a handful of potato chips, no one only uses 1-2 tablespoons of salad dressing, I could go on

Don't forget Ranch dressing.

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe
Let me tell you all bout the correct way to make a cup of tea... :britain:

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

CityMidnightJunky posted:

Microwave it, right?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
The fact that electric kettles are rare in America is still weird to me, even knowing why.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

There's a reason no one likes you ever since you got back from India

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I use a blowtorch.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

It's sure as hell not to put sugar into it.

That goes for you too, American South.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Pastry of the Year posted:

you're not meant to eat the entire tray yourself in one sitting, Francis

Yup

MightyJoe36 posted:

Don't forget Ranch dressing.
Hidden Valley only and served 3:1 by volume with lettuce

christmas boots posted:

It's sure as hell not to put sugar into it.

That goes for you too, American South.

My southern oh gosh as heck family puts like 1/2 tablespoon of sugar into like two litres of tea.

If literal dozens of calories in your drink breaks your diet, your diet ain’t working

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 18:37 on Jun 26, 2019

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Windows desktop icons should be sorted left to right not top to bottom

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I didn't say it broke my diet. But it's a terrible way to drink tea.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I love tea, and coffee but mostly tea. Earl Gray, English Breakfast, half a sugar and milk please, cream if its coffee and I'm getting it at a Costa or the like, one coffee per morning and 3 cups of tea a day minimum, goes well with a biscuit

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I love tea, and coffee but mostly tea. Earl Gray, English Breakfast, half a sugar and milk please, cream if its coffee and I'm getting it at a Costa or the like, one coffee per morning and 3 cups of tea a day minimum, goes well with a biscuit

Parklife!

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

christmas boots posted:

I didn't say it broke my diet. But it's a terrible way to drink tea.

Yeah lol at idiots who drink tea that's cold and/or has sugar

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
I always liked tea, hot unsweetened no milk, but didn't drink it that often, coffee just packed more punch. Lately tho, working evening shift, I drink a lot of tea. Drinking coffee after 18:00 just feels wrong unless I plan to stay up all night for some reason.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

doverhog posted:

I always liked tea, unsweetened no milk, but didn't drink it that often, coffee just packed more punch. Lately tho, working evening shift, I drink a lot of tea. Drinking coffee after 18:00 just feels wrong unless I plan to stay up all night for some reason.

Oh god yeah, just one coffee for breakfast in the morning and maybe take one in the vacumn flask for work but never any after mid day

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Peppermint green tea is the best

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Yeah lol at idiots who drink tea that's cold and/or has sugar

Exactly.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I don't drink hot drinks because I work in the heat

Unsweet iced tea on a hot day owns. I like a little sugar but I can never order sweet tea because everyone puts way way way too much in it.

Like, I got some sweet tea at Helen's one time and I couldn't even drink that poo poo. I just poured half out and waited for some ice to melt

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

hawowanlawow posted:

I don't drink hot drinks because I work in the heat

Unsweet iced tea on a hot day owns. I like a little sugar but I can never order sweet tea because everyone puts way way way too much in it.

Like, I got some sweet tea at Helen's one time and I couldn't even drink that poo poo. I just poured half out and waited for some ice to melt

Sorry your sweet tea sucks

Some of us still put in only a little

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Today I had someone over who wanted sugar in their coffee, but I realized I don't even own sugar because sugar is vile.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
I don't have sugar in my cupboards either because I never use it, yeah. Not milk either, just have fermented buttermilk but that doesn't really work in coffee.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Scheduling things like presidential debates or monday night football at ~9pm is stupid. That's when you should be getting ready for bed to go to work the next morning. It's dumb to expect people who care about the primaries to stay up until 11 at night on a work night.

I know the reason is everything is dictated by the californians, but there's a balance you can reach. Staying up until 11 on a work night is just absurd. You're not getting a healthy night sleep if you regularly stay up that late.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Scheduling things like presidential debates or monday night football at ~9pm is stupid. That's when you should be getting ready for bed to go to work the next morning. It's dumb to expect people who care about the primaries to stay up until 11 at night on a work night.

I know the reason is everything is dictated by the californians, but there's a balance you can reach. Staying up until 11 on a work night is just absurd. You're not getting a healthy night sleep if you regularly stay up that late.

If you go to bed at eleven and get up at seven, that's eight hours. How much sleep do you need?

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.

Shibawanko posted:

That's just gross dude

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
Stephen King is kind of a moron. Baby boomer, cheesy.

But the Night Flier is the most horrific movie I've ever seen.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

TheMaskedUgly posted:

That's just gross dude

I think it was possible to line them up that way in Windows 95 but in any case it aesthetically matches the taskbar at the bottom and just looks tidier.

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Stephen King is kind of a moron. Baby boomer, cheesy.

But the Night Flier is the most horrific movie I've ever seen.

Then you have never seen The Langoliers? Those were some truly horrific special effects.

https://youtu.be/YF7mPM1vzUE?t=232

aardwolf has a new favorite as of 11:02 on Jun 27, 2019

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

Shibawanko posted:

Windows desktop icons shouldn't be at all. Ever since they introduced pressing the win key and then just typing to find stuff in your start menu, there's absolutely no reason to put things on your desktop. Have a nice picture there, and start things by typing the first 3 letters or so. Faster, cleaner, no sorting required.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Phosphine posted:

Windows desktop icons shouldn't be at all. Ever since they introduced pressing the win key and then just typing to find stuff in your start menu, there's absolutely no reason to put things on your desktop. Have a nice picture there, and start things by typing the first 3 letters or so. Faster, cleaner, no sorting required.

I'm a very conservative man and I want to see a traditional folder-file structure to understand what's going on.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I literally only keep the recycle bin and a folder called "games" which has shortcuts in it on my desktop.

Seeing the state some people get their desktop in makes me feel nauseous.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

I don't keep random poo poo on my desktop but "This PC" needs to be there.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I go to bed at midnight on work nights my job starts at noon

But also what Tiggum said.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

I like how your background is just a mundane scene of 3 bros around a table.

The Deus Ex Invisible War shortcut is giving me anxiety.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

aardwolf posted:

Then you have never seen The Langoliers? Those were some truly horrific special effects.

https://youtu.be/YF7mPM1vzUE?t=232

Cousin!

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.

This was my desktop circa 2011. :unsmigghh:

I shrunk it because I had a habit of giving the shortcuts stupid names when I was like 19

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Tiggum posted:

If you go to bed at eleven and get up at seven, that's eight hours. How much sleep do you need?

I like to get to work at 730-8ish, so I try to wake up at 5-530 so I have time to make breakfast/coffee, read the news etc. It's not really a choice at least during the summer, I can never seem to sleep much beyond when the sun starts rising.

Now you're going to say to use curtains or something, but no. Don't like them. Waking up in the dark is depressing enough as it is, I don't want to do that year-round.

yeah I eat ass has a new favorite as of 23:30 on Jun 27, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
It being bright as gently caress all the time is one of the many reasons summer sucks. Go away sun you are constantly ruining my bedtime and/or sleeping in time.