Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Also Sanders needs to start bullying fake news.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'

Trabisnikof posted:

He's not the one bringing up 2016, the reporter is....?

Bringing it up isn't the same as claiming it was rigged against him, and his statement isn't relevant to the question.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/taragolshan/status/1143876031016837121?s=20

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

LaserShark posted:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1143963128666963968

...goddammit, Bernie, it's not that I don't like you, but I don't want you trying to rehash 2016.

Why don't they ask this of all the clowns polling at 0% and not the the consistent #2. :thunk:

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

What are the odds Sanders tries to bully his way on stage tonight? He loving hates having the spotlight stolen.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Stupid questions get stupid answers.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Calibanibal posted:

What are the odds Sanders tries to bully his way on stage tonight? He loving hates having the spotlight stolen.

I think we can safely expect a cadre of jackbooted Berniebro thugs attempting to disrupt the proceedings

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

The kids are better than us and it gives me hope.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Yes what you said is, technically, factually 100% true, but the implication makes us uncomfortable so we choose to substitute our own reality in which you get 15 pinocchios, 7 boys crying wolf, and 68 wobbeldywoobles

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

LaserShark posted:

Bringing it up isn't the same as claiming it was rigged against him, and his statement isn't relevant to the question.

But what he said is true. There's no rule that you have to ignore when other people are working against you, and the very context of those interview questions was hostile, so Bernie was only responding in kind.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

LaserShark posted:

She loving said that "some people say you hurt Hillary in the general", dumbass 2016 arguments was the entire topic she brought up

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

VitalSigns posted:

Yes what you said is, technically, factually 100% true, but the implication makes us uncomfortable so we choose to substitute our own reality in which you get 15 pinocchios, 7 boys crying wolf, and 68 wobbeldywoobles

yeah i don't really get what was incorrect about this or what their reasoning is for labelling it "misleading"

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

But what he said is true. There's no rule that you have to ignore when other people are working against you, and the very context of those interview questions was hostile, so Bernie was only responding in kind.

Yeah there's this consistent particular demand for Bernie to be a doormat to bad faith horseshit from media folks.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
The fact that Bernie is willing to punch back is a very good sign. He's not going to take poo poo like he did in 2016

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

The President was a commanding rear end in a top hat to the press and they loved him it. The more Bernie pisses on these corporate gremlins the more they want to try and gotcha him, just brush them aside. Only donut twitter cries that he’s not a goddamn doormat.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

kidkissinger posted:

yeah i don't really get what was incorrect about this or what their reasoning is for labelling it "misleading"

They're scared.

And they should be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY57Vn0qTiU&t=10s

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Ridiculous question anyway since in 2008 Hillary stayed in beyond the point of mathematical elimination because "someone might assassinate Barack (hint hint)"

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
If there's one good thing Trump has done, it's that he won't let the country forget that the Washington Post is owned by billionaire psychopath Jeff Bezos

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
I'm hoping that Jay Inslee is able to break out a little bit. I know everyone tends to just ignore the fact that Washington State exists, but it would be nice to see climate change be taken seriously in the news on a regular basis.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

"bernie sanders, how long are you planning on staying in the primary and hurting the chances of us beating trump?"

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

"everything bernie said was completely factual, but we think the problem isn't big enough to warrant mention and bernie is deceiving people by claiming it's a worthwhile issue. fact check result: bernie's pants are undergoing nuclear fusion"

Pinky Artichoke
Apr 10, 2011

Dinner has blossomed.

Wicked Them Beats posted:

The kids are better than us and it gives me hope.

This has all happened before and it will all happen again. There is literally no difference between this child and the children who supported Dukakis and Dean before her.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

kidkissinger posted:

"We don't like the implications of what Bernie said, so he must be wrong somehow."

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Condiv posted:

"bernie sanders, how long are you planning on staying in the primary and hurting the chances of us beating trump?"

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Pinky Artichoke posted:

This has all happened before and it will all happen again. There is literally no difference between this child and the children who supported Dukakis and Dean before her.

I, too, think that Dukakis' and Dean's politics are in any way comparable with Bernie's.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Majorian posted:

I, too, think that Dukakis' and Dean's politics are in any way comparable with Bernie's.

*bernie enters from stage left, riding a tank with a silly hat and screeching*

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Howard Dean is the primary funder of idiots who run against Bernie in Vermont.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

kidkissinger posted:

The WaPo Fact Checker does this all the time. Given a clear quote or statement to fact-check, he'll invent a different statement that sounds similar, and then fact-check the details on that new statement he just made up.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Lightning Knight posted:

*bernie enters from stage left, riding a tank with a silly hat and screeching*

Oh my God, if he did that in a T-34 I could die a happy man.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Main Paineframe posted:

The WaPo Fact Checker does this all the time. Given a clear quote or statement to fact-check, he'll invent a different statement that sounds similar, and then fact-check the details on that new statement he just made up.

Yeah, he's very clearly bought in so hard to right wing framing that he can't conceptually handle any truth which breaks the frame.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

LaserShark posted:

LOL what is this even supposed to mean?

She brought up the 2016 election heavily implying that he did some damage to Hilary by "staying in" and is therefore partly responsible for President Trump.
He has the right to say "Hey, maybe the blame for President Trump belongs with the people who wouldn't let me put up a fair fight." He was smart enough to see where here line or questioning was going (or was implying) and got straight to the point, he's not just trying to "rehash" the election for no reason.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/scottdetrow/status/1143929727654289408

Akumu
Apr 24, 2003

Is this a metaphor?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Human Tornada posted:

She brought up the 2016 election heavily implying that he did some damage to Hilary by "staying in" and is therefore partly responsible for President Trump.
He has the right to say "Hey, maybe the blame for President Trump belongs with the people who wouldn't let me put up a fair fight." He was smart enough to see where here line or questioning was going (or was implying) and got straight to the point, he's not just trying to "rehash" the election for no reason.

not to mention she prefaced that bullshit with "some people say...", to which he countered with "some people say the primary was rigged against me"

but the original tweeter chose to leave that vital bit of context out in order to make a story that looks like "BERNIE SAYS 2016 WAS RIGGED!!!!!"

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Koalas March posted:

wait do we have legit Yang Stans posting because lol

Wow somebody's not getting their $1000 from president Yang ;)

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Grapplejack posted:

Wow somebody's not getting their $1000 from president Yang ;)

He's much more likely to get a free pony from President Supreme.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Human Tornada posted:

See, this is not good. You Bernie Bros need to calm down and stop attacking people that come to this thread in good faith pointing out when Bernie does dumb poo poo. You should be more fair and balanced, like this Washington Post journalist:

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
"Fact checking" is actually just punditry covered by a thin veneer of assumed objectivity.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I hope Marianne reveals Warren to be the lovely capitalist fascist candidate she has been all along . everybody else up there is a joke so their existence doesn’t matter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1143974820666912768