Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Phi230 posted:

I think there's about equal chance of Biden dropping an N-bomb or literally just sundowning extremely hard and slurring his speech/being so confused as to be unintelligible

I dunno, it seems like the latter would all but guarantee the former.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I think Biden will do fine tonight, or at least “fine” enough for the media to pretend he did fine. I have a hard time imagining his numbers outright tanking after tonight, given what he’s already ambled through, but fortunately we still have a lot of time to chip away. Should be a net gain for Bernie (and Warren) in any case.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Just read the new OP. Lmao is Yang really only offering $1,000 per year? Holy poo poo I assumed his revolutionary UBI plan was per month.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Delthalaz posted:

Just read the new OP. Lmao is Yang really only offering $1,000 per year? Holy poo poo I assumed his revolutionary UBI plan was per month.

No it's per month.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
bad brains run in the Biden family.

Bernie will crush him.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

Wicked Them Beats posted:

No it's per month.

OK I spotted a typo in the op then

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Mellow Seas posted:

I think Biden will do fine tonight, or at least “fine” enough for the media to pretend he did fine. I have a hard time imagining his numbers outright tanking after tonight, given what he’s already ambled through, but fortunately we still have a lot of time to chip away. Should be a net gain for Bernie (and Warren) in any case.

If Biden manages to stumble through the debate without molesting anyone or choking on his own tongue the media will declare him victor anyway

oh lord, that's why warren was last night, isn't it. Because she'd be standing next to Biden. Had to avoid the risk he'd try to grope her.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Delthalaz posted:

OK I spotted a typo in the op then

Whoops, I was wrong, I'll fix it

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I don't know why you guys are expecting slurs or full mental breakdowns tonight from Biden. It's enough to simply expect him to Biden at normal levels. Praising segregationists or calling Harris very attractive and articulate are super Biden thing that'll go nowhere in a live debate. Also he's suuuper likely to get old white guy indignant over a minor critique from someone .

His best performance in all his years of debating was a single line about Rudy Giuliani. No one remembers a single other thing that wasn't a Biden certified gaffe.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
I don't expect Bernie is going to attack Biden. There are other people on that stage who need to attack Biden more, so Bernie would be better off doing like Warren did last night; setting a strong example with bold policies and forthright moral statements

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Gripweed posted:

I don't expect Bernie is going to attack Biden. There are other people on that stage who need to attack Biden more, so Bernie would be better off doing like Warren did last night; setting a strong example with bold policies and forthright moral statements

I fully expect him to go this route and hold back on attacking until he absolutely has to.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
It would be idiotic to attack Biden and be seen as going “negative” or else doing something which might be seen as opportunistic. He’s well-liked among primary voters, so I think it would just sink you, even if it harms him.

The smart thing to do is to raise contrasts that reflect poorly on Biden while establishing yourself as a more effective alternative. This goes for every candidate on stage up there.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Democrazy posted:

The smart thing to do is to raise contrasts that reflect poorly on Biden while establishing yourself as a more effective alternative. This goes for every candidate on stage up there.

"I just drew this clock. Biden, can you also draw a clock? Here's paper."

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
i don't think Biden is constantly "sundowning", but he will definitely say something embarrassing that will immediately be swept away by donut twitter as "atleast he's not Trump!"

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Its gonna be every candidate attacking Biden to try and take him down while CNN desperately tries to destroy Bernie

Like I said, they're gonna dredge every rich gusano in Miami to stack the audience tonight

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I just hope Bernie gets to sarcastically answer a dumb question tonight. Laying out the ChuckTodd knows nothing about the topic of his question would also be nice.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Bernie will probably be too busy fielding garbage bad faith questions from the moderators to attack Biden.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Make it a windmill

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Gyges posted:

I don't know why you guys are expecting slurs or full mental breakdowns tonight from Biden. It's enough to simply expect him to Biden at normal levels. Praising segregationists or calling Harris very attractive and articulate are super Biden thing that'll go nowhere in a live debate. Also he's suuuper likely to get old white guy indignant over a minor critique from someone .

His best performance in all his years of debating was a single line about Rudy Giuliani. No one remembers a single other thing that wasn't a Biden certified gaffe.

He did really well against Ryan, calling his talking points "a load of malarkey." That's the main reason why I still have affection for Biden, while acknowledging that he shouldn't be our nominee.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Maddow is gonna call Bernie a russian agent, they're gonna have a bunch of gusanos try and redbait bernie, and he will otherwise be attacked with right-wing talking points the entire night

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.

Sanders is a year older than him.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

I hope someone says “There’s only three things Biden mentions in a sentence — a noun, a verb, and Obama" after he namedrops him for the 600th time.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
I wonder who Biden is going to call articulate and clean tonight

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

I think a few of us are dismissing deBalsio accomplishments. Yea, he really hosed up on Amazon but overall he’s done a ton of good for New York namely raising taxes on the wealthy to pay for all sorts of services the city needs such as healthcare, homeless assistance, rent control, etc.

Sure, it’s messy, imperfect and whatever but overall it’s the right direction. On a final note, I don’t think he should run for or be president but he’s a decent dude who’s had a positive net impact.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

Democrazy posted:

It would be idiotic to attack Biden and be seen as going “negative” or else doing something which might be seen as opportunistic. He’s well-liked among primary voters, so I think it would just sink you, even if it harms him.

People might not know that's a contrast with Biden though unless you point it out.

"i voted against the bankruptcy bill that made it harder for people to file for bankruptcy while Biden voted for it" is an important contrast people need to know.

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bowser posted:

I hope someone says “There’s only three things Biden mentions in a sentence — a noun, a verb, and Obama" after he namedrops him for the 600th time.

“[CANDIDATE] LIKENS OBAMA TO 9/11 IN CALLOUS ATTACK ON BIDEN”

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Democrazy posted:

Sanders is a year older than him.

And? Al Gore is younger than either.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1144333800626954240

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1144336709796208641

"FLOOD THE POLLS FOR MOMMY" :lol:

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

theblackw0lf posted:

People might not know that's a contrast with Biden though unless you point it out.

"i voted against the bankruptcy bill that made it harder for people to file for bankruptcy while Biden voted for it" is an important contrast people need to know.

There are other forums where that type of thing will probably play better (everyone will be looking for it, it will look like an opportunistic attack etc.) and with so many candidates, you don’t want to give voters a reason to vote against you.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

And? Al Gore is younger than either.

My point is that drawing attention to the age of Biden would not a great move for a guy who is older than Biden.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Democrazy posted:

My point is that drawing attention to the age of Biden would not a great move for a guy who is older than Biden.

Not just Biden's age. You can be Jimmy Carter and still not trip over your own tongue.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Sanders is older but he also hasn’t been skipping events and hiding from the press.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

just further proof that polls are pointless in this day and age, and that poll dweebs need to be smacked in the face everytime they flip out about them

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Lastgirl posted:

just further proof that polls are pointless in this day and age, and that poll dweebs need to be smacked in the face everytime they flip out about them

These are online polls. Absolutely no one takes these seriously.

I'm thinking you might be a Yang supporter?

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
flood teh polls for mommy the Muslim murderer

Pinky Artichoke
Apr 10, 2011

Dinner has blossomed.

Gyges posted:

I just hope Bernie gets to sarcastically answer a dumb question tonight. Laying out the ChuckTodd knows nothing about the topic of his question would also be nice.

For every sarcastic comment Bernie makes, a Warren supporter gets her wings.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Pinky Artichoke posted:

bold of you to threaten to murder warren supporters over Bernie's behavior, but the times call for desperate measures i suppose

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

kidkissinger posted:

These are online polls. Absolutely no one takes these seriously.

I'm thinking you might be a Yang supporter?

sure why not

aaaahh flood the polls for daddy yang aaahhh

(no one takes landline polls seriously either)

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Pinky Artichoke posted:

This makes sense because Warren's supporters are white and rich - the only people who care about "sarcastic comments" rather than actual material policy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Lastgirl posted:

sure why not

aaaahh flood the polls for daddy yang aaahhh

(no one takes landline polls seriously either)

Do you think we need to unskew the polls for Yang?