Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Wanderer posted:

Yeah, I read a couple of the earlier chapters because I like Charles Soule.

It's not really set in the 616, as it's a generational story, with the conceit that it takes place roughly in real time. I'd have my doubts that Logan and Sylvie's daughter would cross over even if not for the major character deaths in the latest chapter.

Huh, maybe him and Zdarsky should have compared notes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Yvonmukluk posted:

Huh, maybe him and Zdarsky should have compared notes.

If nothing else, Soule makes it quite clear that a Wolverine: Life Story miniseries would, after a certain point, degenerate into at least 50% of its page count depicting panels of Logan drinking alone in a bar.

In other Wolverine-sprog news, Claremont's story in the Exit Wounds one-shot features '80s-era Logan and Kitty going to rural Japan to bail out a noodle shop that's under fire from a protection racket, with Logan trying and failing to conceal that the shop's proprietor is his great-granddaughter.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Wanderer posted:

I really doubt that story was meant as a setup for hot new character find of the year 2019, As Yet Unnamed Logan Daughter.

I'm a little more curious how she ended up blonde.

It's odd "Logan has a KID out there!" would draw in the speculation. He's got several at this point.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

isnt wolvie having a ridiculous number of kids the least surprising thing about him now?

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I think the surprising thing is that Logan has any LIVING children still out there.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

The Question IRL posted:

I think the surprising thing is that Logan has any LIVING children still out there.

Laura's still kicking, last I checked, and I think Logan formally adopted her.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

When I heard Logan's daughter I remembered this one that showed up for just one issue of... Jason Aaron's run? She got killed immediately.

Then there was this daughter he had with Mariko in Age of Apocalypse. Killed shortly after.

So, I guess if your father's Logan you may as well just forget about any future plans you had.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

given his age, it shouldn't even be immediate descendants. it should be great-grandsons and great-nieces. dude should have a family tree that looks like Mick Jagger's.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

davebo posted:

So Wolverine has a daughter and I had to go around scavenging for Marvel Comics Presents which I never would have bothered doing if I didn't love me some Art Adams anyway. The one time I was in an actual comic shop months ago I saw MCP #1 with Wolverine and Monkeyman from Monkeyman and O'Brien on an Art Adams cover and had to have it, but then realized it wasn't Monkeyman just some Gorilla and figured I wouldn't be back in the shop regularly to buy an anthology series like that so I skipped it. It's funny to see these issues currently on ebay skyrocketing as the speculators frenzy. Comic shop owners pissed because Marvel gave them no heads up about a new character for a book with poor sales that I think is getting cancelled anyway, so they all sold out and there's already a 2nd printing that no one will buy because it won't be worth as much.

In an adoptive, acting as a father figure sense he already has at least 3 daughters (Kitty, Jubilee, Laura) and probably 1 or 2 I'm forgetting.

Oh poo poo, I just realized Logan hasn't met Gabby yet. Tom Taylor better be writing that when it happens.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Didn't Wolverine just murder like a hundred of his own kids? What's the big deal?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Skwirl posted:

In an adoptive, acting as a father figure sense he already has at least 3 daughters (Kitty, Jubilee, Laura) and probably 1 or 2 I'm forgetting.

Oh poo poo, I just realized Logan hasn't met Gabby yet. Tom Taylor better be writing that when it happens.

Armor or whatever her name was from the Whedon run. Has he ever mentored any teenage boys? Not counting disciplining Quentin Quire I guess.

edit: Ms Marvel in the early issue of hers where they fought an alligator in the sewer and talked fan fiction (for daughter #5)

bagrada fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Jun 28, 2019

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

bagrada posted:

Armor or whatever her name was from the Whedon run. Has he ever mentored any teenage boys? Not counting disciplining Quentin Quire I guess.

edit: Ms Marvel in the early issue of hers where they fought an alligator in the sewer and talked fan fiction (for daughter #5)

Armor is a good point, but a one issue team up doesn't count.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Yvonmukluk posted:

Laura's still kicking, last I checked, and I think Logan formally adopted her.

He said he was formally adopting her right before he hosed off to die, so maybe.

Also he’s her biological father after Adamantium Agenda IIRC.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Edmund Lava posted:

He said he was formally adopting her right before he hosed off to die, so maybe.

Thought I was in the Batman thread. Laura and Cassandra are nearly the same character. Since we already got Tim Drake and Jubilee, give us X23/Batgirl (not going to call her Orphan), Shadowcat/Nightwing, and Gabby/Damian.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Open Marriage Night posted:

Thought I was in the Batman thread. Laura and Cassandra are nearly the same character. Since we already got Tim Drake and Jubilee, give us X23/Batgirl (not going to call her Orphan), Shadowcat/Nightwing, and Gabby/Damian.

They absolutely aren't the same character unless you've ignored all of her two most recent series.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Skwirl posted:

They absolutely aren't the same character unless you've ignored all of her two most recent series.

TBF it seems outside of Laura’s solo books, most writers do.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Laura and Cassandra are nearly the same character.

Not really?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

They were both conceived as teen girls made to be killing machines. They rebel against their programming and become heroes. They’re both great characters, it’s just that Marvel is willing to do more with Laura than DC is with Cass.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

They were both conceived as teen girls made to be killing machines. They rebel against their programming and become heroes. They’re both great characters, it’s just that Marvel is willing to do more with Laura than DC is with Cass.

Aside from the teen girl part you also described Robocop and the T-800

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Nevvy Z posted:

Didn't Wolverine just murder like a hundred of his own kids? What's the big deal?

that was fat cobra, but i can see how you could get the two confused. wolverine only killed like, 5 or 6 of his kids so far and daken came back almost immediately. a bunch of them were introduced in a group for a plot specifically designed to get him to kill them. he did, then mystique sent him to hell briefly.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

that was fat cobra, but i can see how you could get the two confused. wolverine only killed like, 5 or 6 of his kids so far and daken came back almost immediately. a bunch of them were introduced in a group for a plot specifically designed to get him to kill them. he did, then mystique sent him to hell briefly.

Daken should have stayed dead, and Wolverine also killed Mystique. Was there an explanation for her coming back or was it just healing factor magic?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Daken seems a lot nicer but maybe that was his rad uncle role.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

There's just something sad about Logan being a successful mentor to his teen sidekicks while being an abysmal father to his biological kids.

Wanderer posted:

given his age, it shouldn't even be immediate descendants. it should be great-grandsons and great-nieces. dude should have a family tree that looks like Mick Jagger's.

So basically Logan's trying to compete with Scott for overly-elaborate family trees? :v:

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

amigolupus posted:

So basically Logan's trying to compete with Scott for overly-elaborate family trees? :v:

That won't be a competition until Logan's involves time travel.

The fact that we aren't virtually overrun by second-, third-, and fourth-generation sniktlings is actually testament to Logan's remarkable restraint.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Wanderer posted:

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Raze_Darkholme_(Earth-13729)

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Wolverine definitely has more multi-dimensional offspring than I can keep track of. My wife and I are keeping it simple by just having one kid named Logan.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Isn't that a possible future kid? I don't think those should count.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Wanderer posted:

Isn't that a possible future kid? I don't think those should count.

He was running around the 616 for a while. similar to Rachel Summers (or does she go by Grey now?).

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

davebo posted:

Wolverine definitely has more multi-dimensional offspring than I can keep track of. My wife and I are keeping it simple by just having one kid named Logan.

I hope you call him bub for short.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Wanderer posted:

The fact that we aren't virtually overrun by second-, third-, and fourth-generation sniktlings is actually testament to Logan's remarkable restraint.

Has Marvel retconned any of its heroes to actually be descended from Wolverine or something? Like, I dunno, Peter Parker being secretly Logan's great-great-grandkid or something.

davebo posted:

Okay, now this is just too cute. :3: Thanks for sharing!

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
So House of X and Powers of X came out today, right? Anyone read them yet and have a trip report? A friend said that aside from some minis the entire X-line was cancelled and Uncanny would re-launch, but does that mean it just continues next month with a new #1 or is there a gap?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

davebo posted:

So House of X and Powers of X came out today, right? Anyone read them yet and have a trip report? A friend said that aside from some minis the entire X-line was cancelled and Uncanny would re-launch, but does that mean it just continues next month with a new #1 or is there a gap?

They come out the 24th and 31st.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

davebo posted:

The 24th and 31st respectively. Uncanny 21 is out today and it sucks. Is anyone else confused trying to follow the plot or is it just me?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
Oh my mistake. I kept seeing tweets about it and assumed it was today.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

davebo posted:

The entire line is canceled for the duration of HoX/PoX (there may be some vaguely-related minis that finish up, but nothing I can think of), at which point there will be a relaunch with multiple X-books with new creative teams. They haven't given titles for anything coming out afterward, but Uncanny is probably a reasonably safe bet.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

bets on how much of uncanny hickman will just ignore

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Intrigued by prisoner of x and the apocalypse hippie thing

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hickman was working on this before Uncanny was running, so probably entirely.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Endless Mike posted:

The entire line is canceled for the duration of HoX/PoX (there may be some vaguely-related minis that finish up, but nothing I can think of), at which point there will be a relaunch with multiple X-books with new creative teams. They haven't given titles for anything coming out afterward, but Uncanny is probably a reasonably safe bet.

You said "duration of HoX/PoX". Is it only a mini? Or just more titles that run for a year and a half and end abruptly like every other X-Men book lately?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

HoX and PoX are 6 issues each, then the line relaunches as other stuff.