Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you wish to win the Democratic primaries?
This poll is closed.
Joe Biden, the Inappropriate Toucher 18 1.46%
Bernie Sanders, the Hand Flailer 665 54.11%
Elizabeth Warren, the Plan Maker 319 25.96%
Kamala Harris, the Cop Lord 26 2.12%
Cory Booker, the Super Hero Wannabe 5 0.41%
Julian Castro, the Twin 5 0.41%
Kirsten Gillibrand, the Franken Killer 5 0.41%
Pete Buttigieg, the Troop Sociopath 17 1.38%
Robert Francis O'Rourke, the Fake Latino 3 0.24%
Jay Inslee, the Climate Alarmist 8 0.65%
Marianne Williamson, the Crystal Queen 86 7.00%
Tulsi Gabbard, the Muslim Hater 23 1.87%
Andrew Yang, the $1000 Fool 32 2.60%
Eric Swalwell, the Insurance Wife Guy 2 0.16%
Amy Klobuchar, the Comb Enthusiast 1 0.08%
Bill de Blasio, the NYPD Most Hated 4 0.33%
Tim Ryan, the Dope Face 3 0.24%
John Hickenlooper, the Also Ran 7 0.57%
Total: 1229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Gatts posted:

When one is an immigrant one is required to have medical clearance and vaccinations. Is this not applied to children born of US citizens? Why is it not mandatory? I don’t support Marianne’s position it is up to the parent. It should be a requirement.

i think it's not applied to the richer in this country, which is idiotic and selfish since it endangers herd immunity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Hopefully Warren going after Biden on the bankruptcy bill will cause more damage.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

so pretty much our only hope is historically great youth turnout in the primary.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
if only black people read DnD and CSPAM

oh well, Biden's the nominee now

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Condiv posted:

this is true. the thing that confuses me about this hyperventilation about her anti-vaxx positions is the lack of hyperventilating about other positions that are dangerous here and now, not just hypothetically dangerous. I guess because the mainstream candidates support hideous, awful policies that are mainstream, they shouldn't be worried about as much as a kook that probably thinks she can send hordes of angels into her bloodstream to fight off measels

It was a direct reaction to people expressing non-ironic support for Williams, who last night came across as a grifter. I don't think anyone was talking about stanning Biden or Ryan or Buttigieg.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

As far as I can tell, Williamson doesn't have "positions", she just has EMOTIONS

Nah, she has positions. Some of them are good she just didn't bring concrete details to the stage last night. She shouldn't be president but she is definitely ahead of a lot of those fucks.

TGLT fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jun 28, 2019

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

GreyjoyBastard posted:

if only black people read DnD and CSPAM

oh well, Biden's the nominee now

I'm waiting to see more polling on this tbh

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

It's clear after GoT that these loving insects never read Harry Potter.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Gatts posted:

When one is an immigrant one is required to have medical clearance and vaccinations. Is this not applied to children born of US citizens? Why is it not mandatory? I don’t support Marianne’s position it is up to the parent. It should be a requirement.

Look, friend. If freedom isn't the freedom to be a vector for an epidemic, it ain't free at all.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

theblackw0lf posted:

Not sure why believing in the power of crystals or astral plane projection is any more strange than believing in angels or demons and that a god raised a person from the dead after dying on a cross.

Just for clarity, I don't believe in any of that poo poo either. Just in case you were curious if I was being hypocritical about what I said before.

Groovelord Neato posted:

so pretty much our only hope is historically great youth turnout in the primary.

I've been harping on this for months now.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Those aren't meaningfully distinguishable positions

Ok now you've got me curious. Of the 2020 candidates on Vaccines & exemptions:

quote:

Bernie: "Any exemptions should be rare and consistent with public health needs"

Buttigieg: "These exemptions include medical exemptions in all cases (as in cases where it is unsafe for the individual to get vaccinated), and personal/religious exemptions if states can maintain local herd immunity and there is no public health crisis,"

Warren: "I support efforts to end religious and personal belief exemptions and believe that we must have real standards for what constitutes a medical exemption."

Booker: "We should limit the number of exemptions from vaccinations to a small number of medical circumstances"

Yang: added he supported California's standard for vaccination, which requires children attending school or daycare to be vaccinated unless they have a medical exemption

Moulton: To counter it, he called for tying federal education funds to stricter vaccine compliance — allowing only medical exemptions

Ryan: supports ending religious and personal belief exemptions

Swalwell: he supports ending religious and personal belief exemptions

Delany: exemptions should be considered based on the nature of particular diseases. For a highly contagious disease like measles, only medical exemptions should be permitted.

Inslee: The legislature in his home state recently passed a bill to end personal belief exemptions to vaccines, which he is expected to sign into law. Washington continues to allow religious and medical exemptions.

O'Rourke: Refused to take a public stance on exemptions.

Biden: Refused to take a public stance on exemptions.

Harris: Refused to take a public stance on exemptions.

Klobuchar: Refused to take a public stance on exemptions.

Castro: Refused to take a public stance on exemptions.

Hickenlooper: Refused to take a public stance on exemptions.

Gillibrand: Refused to take a public stance on exemptions.

Gabbard: Refused to take a public stance on exemptions.

( https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/claudiakoerner/2020-presidential-candidates-vaccines-measles-health)

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
lovely rich white lib take from Facebook

quote:

I am noticing the even-keeled, anger-less personalities of Buttegieg, Biden and Harris. The rest just seem like angry PTA parents, last night especially.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

we;re living in starship troopers and the world is coming to an end and these dumb fucks still want decorum lmao

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
I am impressed that Delaney found the centrist position on vaccine mandates.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Trabisnikof posted:

Ok now you've got me curious. Of the 2020 candidates on Vaccines & exemptions:

Ok, yeah, by that math then Williamson would appear to be no worse than Biden or Harris on the vaccine issue.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

TGLT posted:

I am impressed that Delaney found the centrist position on vaccine mandates.

Never underestimate the true Centrists' ability to Centrist EVERY issue. Every single one. Diet Evil.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

phasmid posted:

The difference is more about people saying that "god can heal you through prayer so stop taking your medicine".

Well yea I don't know anyone I'm friends with who believes that.

Although I don't think Williamson believes that either.

I mean she's Oprah's spiritual advisor. Pretty sure Oprah believes you need to take medicine and go to the doctor.

Anyway I just find it interesting that our culture ascribes certain believes as weird or strange, when there are many other believes that are extremely common in our culture that are acceptable that could just as easily seen as "kooky".

VH4Ever posted:

Just for clarity, I don't believe in any of that poo poo either. Just in case you were curious if I was being hypocritical about what I said before.

Ok that's good to know you're consistent.

theblackw0lf fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jun 28, 2019

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

sean10mm posted:

Being as gullible as possible about a magic crystal anti-vax woo-woo scammer is the new woke lmao

In this thread we went from "rooting for her ~ironically~ " to having uncritical stans for this idiot in the time it takes to have a long lunch haha

This is how we got Trump

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:

Flip Yr Wig posted:

One has to imagine this will be the wedge that tears older black voters away from Biden.

Edit:
I guess the returns are coming in. Huh.
https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1144676029883133952

lol I knew attacking Obama's legacy would be a minefield.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
the biggest winner is.......no surprise williamson

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

My dad had possibly the strangest take I've heard so far: that Harris is bad because she is like Jesse Jackson. Just a weird mix of racism and ideological incoherence.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

selec posted:

Disagree. I am personally pro-mandatory, but I see being anti vax as being about science and the other question about policy around the science.

The science is that mandatory vaccination is imperative to protect public health.

Being against mandatory vaccination is being against the science, it's the same anti-science position as Jill Stein.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

LinYutang posted:

lol I knew attacking Obama's legacy would be a minefield.

Obama's legacy being an old racist white guy is certainly truthful

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

What the hell does this chart mean

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Ytlaya posted:

My dad had possibly the strangest take I've heard so far: that Harris is bad because she is like Jesse Jackson. Just a weird mix of racism and ideological incoherence.

That's not a particularly weird mix, nor a particularly unusual take. Your dad's just racist.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Condiv posted:

this is true. the thing that confuses me about this hyperventilation about her anti-vaxx positions is the lack of hyperventilating about other positions that are dangerous here and now, not just hypothetically dangerous. I guess because the mainstream candidates support hideous, awful policies that are mainstream, they shouldn't be worried about as much as a kook that probably thinks she can send hordes of angels into her bloodstream to fight off measels

it's the same thing as Gravel being a 9/11 Truther totally discrediting him because his Truther conspiracy is anti- endless war and military industrial complex. But Tim Ryan can be a Truther congressman with a place at the debates while still thinking the Taliban did 9/11 because his Truther conspiracy is flattering to neocon Democrats and the military industrial complex.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

theblackw0lf posted:

Well yea I don't know anyone I'm friends with who believes that.

Although I don't think Williamson believes that either.

I mean she's Oprah's spiritual advisor. Pretty sure Oprah believes you need to take medicine and go to the doctor.

Anyway I just find it interesting that our culture ascribes certain believes as weird or strange, when there are many other believes that are extremely common in our culture that are acceptable that could just as easily seen as "kooky".

Sure, there's all kinds of nonsense that people believe. I'm just drawing the distinction between Grandpa thinking that dogs can't look up and someone believing in an organized farce like flat-eartherism or creationism. That poo poo would be inexcusable in a representative because it signifies they won't listen to scientists on other, more demanding issues.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

kidkissinger posted:

blue favorable, grey no idea, orange unfavorable

e. everyone's unfavorables went up but Sanders', and Biden lost his highest-favorables spot to Bernman

GonadTheBallbarian fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jun 28, 2019

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

kidkissinger posted:

Blue = favorability, orange = unfavorability, top= before debate, bottom = after debate

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Yeah so Biden is gonna be the nominee lol

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

VitalSigns posted:

it's the same thing as Gravel being a 9/11 Truther totally discrediting him because his Truther conspiracy is anti- endless war and military industrial complex. But Tim Ryan can be a Truther congressman with a place at the debates while still thinking the Taliban did 9/11 because his Truther conspiracy is flattering to neocon Democrats and the military industrial complex.

To be fair, I hate Tim Ryan too. Just checking in since I'm a well known "GTFO Gravel" person.

EDIT

And yeah, you're dead wrong in how you describe his trutherism. I've seen this misrepresentation before ITT but I'm too tired right now to discuss it further. But I took note of it.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

If this is favorability ratings, it proves that you can't really "win" a debate as basically everyone's unfavorability went up.

Except Bernie's. :bernin:

eta: okay obviously kamala and pete had big net gains, i'm not ignoring that i just think that was a neat factoid and early polling is still mostly meaningless

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jun 28, 2019

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

So what was this before it was deleted?

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

So my facebook feed is blowing up with @Yanggang people (I didn't realize I was friends with so many? That's what i get for growing up in wealthy faux-liberal suburbia) mad that his mic was apparently turned off.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/450912-nbc-denies-yangs-accusation-that-his-mic-was-turned-off-in-debate

My response is basically...so what? Yea it sucks and the moderators barely asked him any questions, but he still sat there like a doofus and barely spoke up, and the few times he had to speak he had trouble making a point.

His whole $1000 bucks a month shtick sounds good (in theory, the VAT tax is regressive and I think he would end other benefits in lieu of the money?) when he is on a friendly podcast but in a debate he had no way to work it in.

Not that any of this matters but he is the Ron Paul of this election so I expect he will maintain juussssttt enough support stick around until September or so.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1144688884896403456

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

The Lord of Hats posted:

So what was this before it was deleted?

https://twitter.com/Shakestweetz/status/1144689478218526727

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Rather than vaccinating lets just engineer a virophage to truly destroy the diseases in question

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

As I have stated before I do not like Harris but this poll makes me feel good because it shows Biden is vulnerable, as many goons predicted he would be.

Yea Harris was the one who took advantage, but I hope Warren or Bernie can get some shots in at the next debate and finish off Biden before turning on Harris.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Warren and Sanders both had the red go down and blue go up and Sanders is higher than Biden SO THIS MEANS SUPERBOWL!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Gatts posted:

Warren and Sanders both had the red go down and blue go up and Sanders is higher than Biden SO THIS MEANS SUPERBOWL!

Interestingly while Harrs's approval went up considerably, her disapproval went up slightly.

Though that might just be statistical noise