Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

We should reform the prisons for everyone. Until that day, I hope the racist fucker gets his rear end kicked constantly and I don't care if that makes me a bad person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

He’ll be released in five years on good behavior by a Chud judge.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Edit: Actually, nah, too much.

bij fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jun 28, 2019

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/tcwittes/status/1144584244984995840

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1144697485077733377

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1144615183517511681

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

tek79 posted:

Genuinely just not that knowledgeable about prison life here, but won't this rear end in a top hat just get folded into the neo-Nazi prison crowd for protection? Or does it not work that way? That was my first thought when I saw him sentenced.

he's got to be worth protecting in some way for a gang to bother. there are some crimes that other prisoners find so taboo that you're locked out of the prison hierarchy, which is generally sex crimes and murdering women or children, and with child molesters at the absolute bottom tier of people who everyone is allowed to poo poo on. if you're an unstable racist who ran into a crowd of people and murdered a lady, then probably even the skinheads won't want you

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

This fucker should have to serve his sentence in one of the migrant concentration camps, but I wouldn't want to do that to the other residents of the camps.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

That feels ominous... having a (hopefully) newly lame duck President trump going to saudia arabia to hang out with MBS...

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

WWE Presents Crown Jewel G20

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

I hope he gets a new :orb: for the G20

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Angry_Ed posted:

WWE Presents Crown Jewel G20
John Cena still doesn't show up

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

ewiley posted:

I hope he gets a new :orb: for the G20

It'll be the same orb, by then it'll be hungry again

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Tibalt posted:

John Cena still doesn't show up

He actually did show up to all of them, you just can't see him.

:haw:

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Fyi rapinoe has scored both goals against France today so hopefully that pisses Trump off all weekend

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

When you've lost Conan O'Brien, you've lost the nation

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Samantha Bee being the one to team up with Glenn Beck was surprising to me because she always seemed to have more righteous hatred for Republicans than the other Daily Show alums. I never tuned back into her show after the 2016 winter break and also never even saw her again on those dumb "Here's what pundits and late night personalities said last night" sites like Mediaite, except for the Beck summit, a screenshot of her Pelosi clapping, and some lame "hamberders" thing. I thought she was funnier than but I apparently misremembered. She pretty down on the perfidious Bernie Bros for making a scene during the convention. Did that continue after the election?

I had to look it up because I didn't remember. The thing that caused Glenn Beck to turn back to Trump was his anger at liberals for saying he was calling Mexicans "animals," when obviously he was only referring to MS13 you guys! There are absolutely no good excuses to turn to Trump, but that was somehow one of the weaker ones.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
e^^: Sam Bee can bond with Glenn Beck about how segregation is loving awesome.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

We should reform the prisons for everyone. Until that day, I hope the racist fucker gets his rear end kicked constantly and I don't care if that makes me a bad person.

I'm not going to argue with that, but the language that revels in the nazi's suffering is cast from the same mold as that which revels in the suffering of all inmates. And endorsing that language, even implicitly, undermines any sort of ideology that seeks to treat inmates humanely.

TheAwfulWaffle
Jun 30, 2013

Nonsense posted:

He’ll be released in five years on good behavior by a Chud judge.

Nah. Federal time is real time. He's gone.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Dr Christmas posted:

Samantha Bee being the one to team up with Glenn Beck was surprising to me because she always seemed to have more righteous hatred for Republicans than the other Daily Show alums. I never tuned back into her show after the 2016 winter break and also never even saw her again on those dumb "Here's what pundits and late night personalities said last night" sites like Mediaite, except for the Beck summit, a screenshot of her Pelosi clapping, and some lame "hamberders" thing. I thought she was funnier than but I apparently misremembered. She pretty down on the perfidious Bernie Bros for making a scene during the convention. Did that continue after the election?

I had to look it up because I didn't remember. The thing that caused Glenn Beck to turn back to Trump was his anger at liberals for saying he was calling Mexicans "animals," when obviously he was only referring to MS13 you guys! There are absolutely no good excuses to turn to Trump, but that was somehow one of the weaker ones.

Yeah her line on "Bernie Bros" if I glean them from various jokes and throwaway lines, is essentially they're selfish crybabys who cost Abuela the election. Sort of hard to take her seriously at all after that. I used to like her too.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

TheAwfulWaffle posted:

Trump will pardon him on his way out the door.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

He still has to be sentenced for the state charges which he has already been convicted of and Trump can't do dick about, and I doubt Virginia is going to go easy on him.

EDIT:

quote:

Fields has already been convicted on separate, state charges for murdering 32-year-old Heather Heyer and injuring dozens of other people. The jury in that case recommended a life sentence plus 419 years and $480,000 in fines. Sentencing in that case is set for July 15.
source

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Figures he'd be a member of the "Problem Solvers'" Caucus. It's a collection of like 20-30 Democrats who wish they were Republicans.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

TheAwfulWaffle posted:

Specifically good behavior only gets about a 15% sentence reduction max

I would genuinely be shocked, even with Trump

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Dr Christmas posted:

she's a rich credulous idiot that isn't materially impacted by any of this

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Lol Trump is the worst but he isn’t going to pardon a woman murdering car nazi for no conceivable gain on his own part

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Delthalaz posted:

Lol Trump is the worst but he isn’t going to pardon a woman murdering car nazi for no conceivable gain on his own part

What rock have you been under?

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Figures he'd be a member of the "Problem Solvers'" Caucus. It's a collection of like 20-30 Democrats who wish they were Republicans.

They're solving problems like making sure they can go home for vacation.

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
If you seriously think Trump would pardon them, you've completely lost contact with reality

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/whstancil/status/1144713924832571397

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

SickZip posted:

If you seriously think Trump would pardon them, you've completely lost contact with reality

Yes, the man who stood before millions and called Nazis "very fine people" would never pardon one on his way out the door when there's literally nothing anyone can do about it.

But I forgot about the state charges, so yeah, this dude's gonna rot.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Trump can (probably) not even spell “nazi”, you seriously think he’d pardon one?

The only conceivable way for this chudbucket to be pardoned is if he started buttering up Trump real nice. But for that, he’d need a platform (he don’t have) and for Trump’s staff to be insanely stupid and letting him even consider pardoning a nazi murderer for the lolz.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
You guys think Megan Ripinoe pictures trump's face on the soccer ball?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Yes, the man who stood before millions and called Nazis "very fine people" would never pardon one on his way out the door when there's literally nothing anyone can do about it.

Nah. Trump prefers nazis who don't get caught.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

lol, Trump is not going to pardon James Fields for murder.

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Angry_Ed posted:

He still has to be sentenced for the state charges which he has already been convicted of and Trump can't do dick about, and I doubt Virginia is going to go easy on him.

EDIT:

source

Does this mean that in the USA you can be convicted twice, state and federal, for a single crime?

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Rigel posted:

lol, Trump is not going to pardon James Fields for murder.

He reserves that for war criminals.

TheAwfulWaffle
Jun 30, 2013

Martian posted:

Does this mean that in the USA you can be convicted twice, state and federal, for a single crime?

No, but the definition of "single crime" is drawn pretty generously in favor of the state.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Links from the daily wire, really?

edit for reality: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/samantha-bees-husband-school/

Burning_Monk fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jun 28, 2019

ice cream snakes
Dec 8, 2008

Keep in mind he was also convicted of murder at the state level where he faces 20 years to life. Whatever crazy pardons may occur on Trump's way out of office won't apply to the state conviction.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Martian posted:

Yup!

Well, technically multiple crimes stemming from the same act.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
https://twitter.com/NPR/status/1144693212508037120

Really not holding back on what kind of scum this guy is. Glad they are calling him a neo-nazi in the headlines