Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Yeah, given that it's still possible to get bugged, unkillable mobs that'll follow you around Rifts with a little bad luck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Done with the gems. Conquests and two easy ones left (augment a 50 gem and cube 40 things) and those wings are mine!

Going to level up the gem of ease to 50 and hope that does the trick instead of going the bounty route.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
You mean Boon of the Hoarder, or you’re in for a bad time.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Russad posted:

You mean Boon of the Hoarder, or you’re in for a bad time.

Yeah that one (already got a gem of ease leveled up for easy alt leveling)

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
Marauder set dungeon is the most ridiculously easy thing in this game and I hope they never change it.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

I hope they take set dungeon completion out of the journey though, every season I tell myself I'm gonna do the whole season and every season I get to the set dungeon bit and nope out. Most of them are just so unfun and having to intentionally nerf your build so as not to fail sucks.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

tetsuo posted:

Marauder set dungeon is the most ridiculously easy thing in this game and I hope they never change it.

Seeker of the Light for Crusader is pretty easy too. Use Falling Sword 3 times in 15 seconds a few times, don't get hit by a mortar. So I just used In-geom + Cam's Rebuttal with the set bonus to get the cooldown off for the third jump. And then made sure it was always available for the special monsters that do mortar so I could just jump on them for an instagib

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Organza Quiz posted:

I hope they take set dungeon completion out of the journey though, every season I tell myself I'm gonna do the whole season and every season I get to the set dungeon bit and nope out. Most of them are just so unfun and having to intentionally nerf your build so as not to fail sucks.

Yeah but if you have the gear it takes literally 5 minutes to do them and the only ones that are like kinda bullshit are the ones with mysterious enemies popping up from the floor. There are so, so many more annoying and time consuming parts of the seasons journey than mastering a set dungeon.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

If they're not even relevant then that's more reason to just drop them from the journey. :ssh:

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

tetsuo posted:

Yeah, I managed to master it on my first attempt even though I missed a group in an isolated area and almost ran out of time.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Skypie posted:

The last timed I played a HC character, I was playing a wizard. I alt-tabbed after finishing a bounty to look something up and when I tabbed back in, I'd been exploded by one of the lunatic demons :v:
I once paused it a HC character to go do something. My son (2 at the time) unpaused it. A single skeleton wandered over and chipped at my health for like five mins, triggered my cheat death and chipped away again. I got back just in time to watch my character fold.

I always felt a little proud of that skeleton.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

I hope Diablo promoted him. What a brave deed.

This is why Act 1 town has instances/portals to go in and out (it used to be connected to the zone):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yvfsRWWBkA

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’m now 1 set GR55 away from the wings. Did all 4 monk sets and Now I’m trying to rush through it with other Necro sets (did Inarius) but I don’t have all the pieces (to support the set builds) and I’m crashing hard with either TragOuls or Pestilence. Going to need to do some more farming on my monk then roll on the necro to finish this up but I should be able to do it this weekend for sure. My 2nd conquest was Avarice. Got a Boon to 50 then opened a cow portal. Hit 50M in less than half of the map. Easiest conquest by far.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
How do stashed items transfer over after a season? I thought everything transferred over, but looking at an old guy, it does not. Playing on Switch if that matters.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
They show up in your mailbox and stay there for 30 days or so.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Aaaand got it. Season Journey complete so now I can leisurely try to push greater rifts with my barbarian since my Leap/Quake build has way better gear than anything my crusader is carrying.

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊
I've been trying to do the leapquake set dungeon and it's just the worst. The "freeze and kill every 10 seconds for a minute" seems to time out at random despite me earthquaking someone like 3 seconds ago. Guessing the problem is they die from the leap hit? I unequipped basically everything that wasn't the set to bring down my damage, which made the elite combo possible (but still hard, as they randomly explode within a second sometimes) but I still can't get it done. Bleh.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Ooo, there are some character artist / art asset job postings on Blizzard's site for some 'unannounced project' that is still categorized as Diablo. Hopefully this isn't another loving phone game.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
well its not like we dont know diablo 4 is in development, its just that its in dev hell

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It must seriously suck to work at Blizzard right now.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Considering the past half a year of journalism, it might be harder to find a game developer that doesn't suck as an employee.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Bust Rodd posted:

It must seriously suck to work at Blizzard right now.

There's still probably a high level of prestige working there, but I can definitely see how demoralizing it could be to have what you have been working on for years literally thrown into garbage because some share holder decides to chase a different fad.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Vakal posted:

There's still probably a high level of prestige working there, but I can definitely see how demoralizing it could be to have what you have been working on for years literally thrown into garbage because some share holder decides to chase a different fad.

That also seems to be the pervasive threat of being any developer owned by Activision, or EA.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

To be fair, that applies to the tech industry as a whole.

We need more unions.

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

That applies to business in general. Cash is king. Not the feelings of your employees.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I still want those drat cosmic wings, yet I don't want to put in the stupid amount of time to get them. :emo:

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Mustached Demon posted:

To be fair, that applies to the tech industry as a whole.

We need more unions.

Woah woah woah, you want Activision-Blizzard to just make like $1.3 billion a year instead of $1.8 billion? You sound like a regular Che Guevara. We must think of the shareholders

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

incels interlinked posted:

Woah woah woah, you want Activision-Blizzard to just make like $1.3 billion a year instead of $1.8 billion? You sound like a regular Che Guevara. We must think of the shareholders

More like 1.795bil.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I was wondering at the projected season end, so I visited the main site's season faq...

quote:

Q: When will Season 17 end?

A: We are no longer providing anticipated end dates for Seasons. However, we are committed to keeping Seasons roughly three months in length (give or take a few weeks based on development needs) and will continue to provide a minimum of two weeks advance notice for when the Season will be ending.

Fair enough. Things should be expected to drag out, what with all the layoffs in the face of all that revenue Kotick brags on.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’m almost done with the season on PC. I thought I wouldn’t enjoy it but the LoN buff has been really fun to gimmick around with.

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

Yeah I looked at the site yesterday and saw that too. I am paragon 1000 which is where I normally stop. I guess time to play another class. I have near perfect ancients on what I’m playing now

5er
Jun 1, 2000

stuxracer posted:

Yeah I looked at the site yesterday and saw that too. I am paragon 1000 which is where I normally stop. I guess time to play another class. I have near perfect ancients on what I’m playing now

Wow! I'm usually making alts as soon as I'm done getting BiS gear for the class I mained, to switch to for gambling shards. What do you gamble on, staying with the same class? Just shooting for ancients on any legs that are just normal?

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

This was my first season; I finished it last night. Based on a suggestion here I did my last conquest challenge of the 6 item sets @ GR55 using a monk alt. It was slow accumulating the gear (RNG was not my friend). Amazing what one piece of gear will do for a build. When it finally clicked I got all three wrapped in the same session.

My last run was the 1000 Storms build and it was kind of a slog. I never had good weapon drops so just made do. My output was pretty low and slow to clear, but I was super tanky.

I started on the first day of the new season. Took 3 weeks off. Paragon 650 ish. Found 1 primal other than the "gimme" at GR70. Had 1 portal open to Greed's zone, had 1 puzzle ring drop. Did everything solo.

A couple of odd things I noticed when I switched from my wizard main to the monk alt:

1 - in rifts, the bubbles that elites dropped seemed to have a much broader spread when playing monk vs wizard. I'd have to circle the corpse further out to grab them all with the monk, vs just hoover a pile with the wizard.

2 - also rifts. My wizard run, I never saw the same shrines twice in a rift run. On the monk runs I'd often see the same shrines twice, sometimes on the same "level." I took a screenshot where two speed shrines are within the same minimap scale.

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

5er posted:

Wow! I'm usually making alts as soon as I'm done getting BiS gear for the class I mained, to switch to for gambling shards. What do you gamble on, staying with the same class? Just shooting for ancients on any legs that are just normal?
Well I mained a Necro this season and every season I always have a monk and DH I use to farm stuff - so yes alts is where most of the gambling goes. With no end near I will play a wizard or something new.

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
If we didn't love Derek Smart, we'd be lame
I think I'm gonna finish out the season and try to get my Crusader mastery pennant.

I just need to master Roland's dungeon. Wish me luck.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

GoingPostal posted:

I think I'm gonna finish out the season and try to get my Crusader mastery pennant.

I just need to master Roland's dungeon. Wish me luck.

For some reason, crusader felt weak to me. I tried the Invoker set, tried Hammers and Shield. Hammers kills stuff hella fast but feels like a glass cannon even with Unity.

Meanwhile my barbarian just leaps all over the planet leaving devastating natural disasters in her wake and never having much trouble

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Skypie posted:

For some reason, crusader felt weak to me. I tried the Invoker set, tried Hammers and Shield. Hammers kills stuff hella fast but feels like a glass cannon even with Unity.

Meanwhile my barbarian just leaps all over the planet leaving devastating natural disasters in her wake and never having much trouble

Crusaders sound very agonizing to use outside of a group setting.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Crusaders are one of the squishiest classes for endgame rifting, which is something you wouldn't expect out of heavily armored 8-foot tall space marines, but Diablo is full of surprises.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I never got into a bombardment crusader when they were 'broken', ergo fun. Don't know why they don't just bring that back in some manner. Bells monks and UE MS DH feel 'broken'. Every class ought to have one build that, once BiS'd, works just as easy and fun as those monk/dh builds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I liked Condemn crusader for GRs, but outside of that I didn't like anything else about 'em.