Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ultimate Alliance 3 is baaaasically a musuo, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

It's basically a Diablo. I wouldn't call it a musou game.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Three-quarter overhead/isometric action rpg with F2P mechanics.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mister Facetious posted:

Three-quarter overhead/isometric action rpg with F2P mechanics.

That sounds like a warriors game except camera position

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its really more in the family of Diablo than a musou

cosmin
Aug 29, 2008
But is it like press X to attack or do you have combos and multiple moves?

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

cosmin posted:

But is it like press X to attack or do you have combos and multiple moves?

you press x to attack and you have a bar with multiple powers

it's literally diablo with superheroes

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Musou games are bargain bin fillers

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

Musou games are bargain bin fillers

Ah, perfect for the Switch then!

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

DLC Inc posted:

out of all the Marvel Dungeon Crawlers (XMen Legends 1+2, MUA 1+2) MUA2 is without a doubt the worst of them, don't bother. Also the kind of stuff being introduced into MUA3 goes beyond a lot of those games in terms of synergies and statistical tinkering. Unlike some of the early games in that series there really aren't pieces of equipment in MUA3 + the moveset has been trimmed of the fat for the roster, with each character getting 4 special moves instead of like maybe 8 or 9 to slot into 3 or 4 slots. The tradeoff of course is that the roster is loving huge.

Since XMen Legends 2 isn't really available digitally easily I'd at least recommend the first MUA game.

Hmm... well my local library seems to only have MUA2 for XBox 360 and that's it. I guess it's no harm to put a hold on it and give it ago. Someone has had it since June 11th and hasn't returned it yet.

Just like to know if I'd in general like the game before buying it, since it looks cool in videos. It seems like something my 5 year old might enjoy to play with me too, which is a plus. I'm always looking for co-op games to play with her.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Musou games are fun and I want a my hero one

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

FastestGunAlive posted:

You can't have it

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Astro7x posted:

Hmm... well my local library seems to only have MUA2 for XBox 360 and that's it. I guess it's no harm to put a hold on it and give it ago. Someone has had it since June 11th and hasn't returned it yet.

Just like to know if I'd in general like the game before buying it, since it looks cool in videos. It seems like something my 5 year old might enjoy to play with me too, which is a plus. I'm always looking for co-op games to play with her.

The new game looks to be pretty different from the previous ones. I don’t know if playing the old ones would really tell you if you’d like the new one.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

The new one is published by Nintendo, an exclusive, and made by the same team that made the classic Metroid: Other M.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

FastestGunAlive posted:

Still waiting for Mushroom Kingdom Warriors.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

LODGE NORTH posted:

The new one is published by Nintendo, an exclusive, and made by the same team that made the classic Metroid: Other M.

As bad as Other M was, I don't really blame Team Ninja for that. They made the game they were told to make. That disaster lays squarely at the feet of Sakamoto.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Tiger Millionaire posted:

How actually playable is Bloodstained, i can live with the occasional FPS drop and lower rez textures for a bit if it's getting patches. But if the performance issues are unplayably bad i might hold off a couple weeks.

Basically its hard to find out what's a real problem and what's Angry Nerd Hyperbole right now!!

It's mostly ANH. I've been playing for a couple hours and didn't notice any problems. Didn't crash so far, either. If there are issues, they're all apparently far later into the game.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

LODGE NORTH posted:

That's more Sakamoto's fault than anything. They even tried to fight his suggestion of the Wiimote being the only controller you can use in Other M but were vetoed by him.

Plus, Team Ninja has also made other games such as Ninja Gaiden and Nioh and have assisted Omega Force in developing both Hyrule Warriors and Fire Emblem Warriors. It feels a little disingenuous to single them out for a game that wasn't even entirely their fault.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Team Ninja also made Ninja Gaiden 3, which, well, was not looked upon kindly, so they're not completely innocent.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Plus, Team Ninja has also made other games such as Ninja Gaiden and Nioh and have assisted Omega Force in developing both Hyrule Warriors and Fire Emblem Warriors. It feels a little disingenuous to single them out for a game that wasn't even entirely their fault.

FEW and HW were middlingly received so that's not really helping your argument.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

less laughter posted:

FEW and HW were middlingly received so that's not really helping your argument.
Hyrule Warriors went down pretty well, I thought. Especially the Switch port. Fire Emblem, yeah, that didn't do quite as well it seemed.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Pretty sure people who like musou games really liked Hyrule warriors

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

bushisms.txt posted:

Welp, g2a had 100 for 88 after taxes. It's a me, a consumer.

How does this work? I’m looking at the website but there’s multiple sellers? Some are much cheaper than others but then their approval rate is lower? Is this legit?

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

LPG Giant posted:

How does this work? I’m looking at the website but there’s multiple sellers? Some are much cheaper than others but then their approval rate is lower? Is this legit?

Maybe, maybe not. G2A just lets individuals sell keys/vouchers through their website and takes a cut. If it doesn’t work, maybe you’ll get your money back, maybe not - should have payed extra for that “shield insurance” in case they scam you!

So no, I really don’t recommend buying through G2A.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
g2a is cool and good if you like to buy stolen and useless codes

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

So hey, remember that one quote people have been using for like, two decades now almost about Miyamoto hating Donkey Kong Country in an interview and said so while he was sitting right next to the guy who made the game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM-e46xdcUo

https://twitter.com/dkvine/status/1144402902645129216

https://twitter.com/dkvine/status/1144408512145100800

Like, there is an interview with the two, they do talk about stuff:

https://twitter.com/frankcifaldi/status/1144375255403642882

oh so thats where it came from? i always imagined the origin of that poo poo was because miyamoto played the last world "umremarkable cavern" and started throwing shade (as he should) i heard miyamoto loved dkc2&3 tho but cant source that i guess.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I didn’t know that allegedly fake quote existed, but he’s allegedly not wrong.

Tall Tale Teller fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Jun 29, 2019

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Wheeee, I bought the official Nintendo 128 BG micro off Amazon, it was gonna be $35 with shipping but my purchase qualified me for a free month of Prime so it was only $25, and then they gave me a $10 Prime credit and i bought a Physical $20 e-shop card for $10.

So looks like after I burn all my Gold coins i'm getting a 128 GB Micro for Switch and the Devil May Cry port for $30!

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Tall Tale Teller posted:

I didn’t know that allegedly fake quote existed, but he’s allegedly not wrong.

how alledgedly dare you

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

That sounds like a warriors game except camera position

Musuo is all about literal map position on a battlefield and controlling armies. MUA3 is a action beat em up with rpg elements made by people who know how to make 3d action games, that's it. Is Bayonetta a musuo?

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Well after abandoning plans for a Bloodstained-fueled flight I settled on Cadence. Here's to playing a Zelda themed roguelike for six hours without reference material!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

less laughter posted:

how alledgedly dare you

I have tried for years to find fun in any of the DKC games, and I can't :negative:

And overall, I love platformers. I just hate how the DKC games control, they feel too floaty and slippery.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

LPG Giant posted:

I literally googled eShop deals, clicked a link for g2a that was a 100 card and got it. I don't think it's legit as they gave me $99 instead of the $100 advertised, but it did work and was $10 off, can't beat it.

https://www.g2a.com/en-us/nintendo-eshop-card-100-usd-nintendo-north-america-i10000006097036

Here's a similar link. YMMV with g2a, and you have to hold your breath while it's verifying, but it worked for me.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The only good Donkey Kong game is actually Diddy Kong Racing.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Every Mario game is technically a donkey Kong game.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
85 dollars for a 100 dollar eShop card? How can G2A not be a fence for stolen goods?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

bushisms.txt posted:

Every Mario game is technically a donkey Kong game.

If we take this as true, my statement is still correct.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

If we take this as true, my statement is still correct.

I wasn't disagreeing lol

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The Silver Coin Challenge says otherwise.

(It's mostly a good game, but hoo-boy does the Coin Challenge suck).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Man, Warframe is headache inducing on Switch. It's nice it runs at all though as a portable NotDestiny