Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

If Crytek is as out for blood as people claim and that's not just a bargaining position, I really don't see a settlement being reached. Even if it is that's more money out of CIG's pocket. Either way, hilarious and starting to pick up speed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reverend crabhands
Feb 3, 2016

This bit, I haven't read the Pacer, so just going of Uncle Smart's interpretation.

But Ortwin not pushing back on the bond amount? This seems a bit of out character?

Is it an indicator that Crytek's claim that CIG just took the max possible bond amount and cut a few percent off it holds weight?

Didn't Crytek say that the costs CIG claimed they'd incurred so for was was completely unrealistic.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Dooguk posted:

Looks like they found some money down the back of Ben's old sofa as the site is back up.

What was Money doing in Ben's sofa, anyway? Did he also start "working remotely" once Ben did?

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
Things to do in Star Citizen:

Pixelate fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Jun 29, 2019

reverend crabhands
Feb 3, 2016

Hair aside, that looks to be a comfortable sleeping position.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Bofast posted:

What was Money doing in Ben's sofa, anyway? Did he also start "working remotely" once Ben did?

No, Money was having a snooze on the sofa when Ben, with his poor eyesight did not see him and sat down

That is why we have not seen Money for quite some time.

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time
Some director changes in the company currently known as Cloud Imperium UK LTD. The US Lawyer that was appointed a while back has been replaced by a lawyer from the Cayman Islands (lasted exactly one year). They also appointed a marketing executive. Someone should (not) let Companies House know that they got her year of birth incorrect as they seem to think she is five years older than her imdb page under a different name shows.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug
Stashing ill-gotten gains on a tropical island is a very piratey thing to do.

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

Imagine being able to write all that off the top of your head. CIG had an army of volunteer lawyers.

It would be fun to buy him a beer and tell him about this amazing new game I've started playing... Elite i think its called... its like the best space game of all time

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Kosumo posted:

No, Money was having a snooze on the sofa when Ben, with his poor eyesight did not see him and sat down

Poor Money :ohdear:

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

Bofast posted:

Poor Money :ohdear:

Well, he's now a flat currency.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Kosumo posted:

I'm now picturing the Pet Detective scene when Ace Ventura squeezes out of the rhinos arse

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate

shrach posted:

Some director changes in the company currently known as Cloud Imperium UK LTD. The US Lawyer that was appointed a while back has been replaced by a lawyer from the Cayman Islands (lasted exactly one year). They also appointed a marketing executive. Someone should (not) let Companies House know that they got her year of birth incorrect as they seem to think she is five years older than her imdb page under a different name shows.

They cannot arrest a husband and wife for the same crime.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Baxta posted:

They cannot arrest a husband and wife for the same crime.

CIG has the worst lawyers...

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Saw this today while shopping for a new couch and immediately thought of you guys.

So you got this instead of the couch I assume?
Looks like a cheap autopsy table.

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

Rotten Red Rod posted:

The Second Life comparisons are especially funny, yeah. That fact that she is chastising the original backers who wanted a space shooter game being kind of miffed that the game is turning into space Second Life... Well, yeah! That's awful and not at all the game they were interested in, anyone would be mad.

That and the notion that this is a "space Second Life"... Sure, it would be only if CIG was providing the sandbox and letting players create all the content. But they're not! They're making all the ships, planets, weapons, mechanics etc. on their own. That is entirely different from Second Life, where nearly everything is player made. The idea that they're trying to create anywhere near the scale and breadth of things you can do (or is it "do") in Second Life, on their own, is laughable.

think is though, cr thought he was creating space second life. he really did appear to believe that you can create a bunch of dispirate systems in game and they would all some how know how to react with each other like in real life. so it's not that surprising it picked up a few second lifers.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

CIG has the worst lawyers...

There’s always money in the Squadron 42.

Edit: second lifers are generally looking out for the next iteration that can fulfill their needs. It’s the needs that are troublesome and scary.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

shrach posted:

Drop ‘em a line with all the known aliases. Include Mae Demming.

https://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/person.asp?personId=78888092&privcapId=24964598

Hedge funds. Hmm.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Saw this today while shopping for a new couch and immediately thought of you guys.

It's just so ugly, and CIG's are exactly the same. That only belongs in a WW2 aircraft museum.

It's got to be just about the worst furniture aesthetic there is.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

It's like that prank where your friends/coworkers wrap all your stuff in aluminum foil.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

XK posted:

It's just so ugly, and CIG's are exactly the same. That only belongs in a WW2 aircraft museum.

My issue would be every time I would try to write on that drat thing I'd hit one of those rivets and go into a rage having to start over again.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

happyhippy posted:

So you got this instead of the couch I assume?
Looks like a cheap autopsy table.

My daughter liked it.

My wife said no.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

monkeytek posted:

My issue would be every time I would try to write on that drat thing I'd hit one of those rivets and go into a rage having to start over again.

If there is one thing I hate about a desk is a smooth and stable surface.

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

My daughter liked it.

My wife said no.

Well then let me tell you about a handy little thing called Kickstarter!

XK
Jul 9, 2001

monkeytek posted:

That was my original functional complaint about CIG's desks.

That thing retailed for 4.5 grand! At least buy something tasteful, for gently caress's sake.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

There was a picture they posted to their Twitter of, I think it was employees voting on the collector tins, and they had to write their name down on a piece of paper for which they preferred. It was stationed on one of those desks.

At least one of the employees had clearly ran into a rivet while writing their vote.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
those desks, much like CIG itself, is a textbook example of form over function

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Got them SQ42 Roadmap blues...

quote:

First time I noticed how little is getting done on the AI side (light blue). Q1+2 originally were pretty light on AI with 8 tasks, yet only 3 got done... with a big blue wall approaching in Q3+4.

Chapters look even more behind. About 90 phases to go in 45 weeks, there should be 2 yellow squares per week. Fells more like 2 per month currenty.

...this will take a full extra year, won't it. And who knows how long beta will last, for all we know that's another 6+ months. I'm preparing for holiday 2021 honestly.

First time he noticed...

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

monkeytek posted:

If you want to find an idiot who nevertheless has cash to burn, look for someone who chooses form over function. But if you want to really dig into the absolute genetic shitheap of humanity who nevertheless has cash to burn, look for someone who chooses an item that actually can't perform the function it was designed for.

Like Star Citizen itself, really.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Cool Buff Man posted:

Hairy Roberts and the Half-Chud Princes would have you ask yourself what is release, really. What is a "game"

I'm just going to call this out from way in the past. It's perfect.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Iceclaw posted:

Well, he's now a flat currency.

:rimshot:

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

My daughter liked it.

My wife said no.

See, now had more Citizens had wives who could just tell them "No." in the face of stupid ideas, maybe half of them wouldn't even be in this financial mess in the first place.
(Most) wives are good.

Bofast fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jun 29, 2019

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

big nipples big life posted:

speaking of this, someone should fix the misspelling in the thread title.

The r in Citizer was on some official legal papers IIRC.

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

XK posted:

It's also an extremely lovely and lazy execution of the aesthetic, so it doesn't belong in a WW2 aircraft museum either.

Blow up that picture a bit. Notice that there are some double rows of rivets set up to look like butt joints (seams where two panels meet edge to edge, and both are riveted to an underlying stringer or other structure). They were too cheap to do a real butt joint, so they just scored a line on the panel between the two rows of rivets.

So that's lazy, but what's offensive are the single row joints. In a real aircraft you'd see a single row of rivets as a panel joint only on overlapped joints. That does happen, sometimes it's not essential to have a relatively smooth surface, but that's not what sticks out like a sore thumb. It's that they scored the line to simulate a joint right through the centerline of the rivets, as if it was a butt joint with a single row of rivets, each rivet helping to hold both panels. If you actually tried to build anything like that, the rivets would be trying to push the two panels apart. (Aircraft skin rivets are "bucked" rivets, where the shank expands in the hole to give the joint strength in shear.)

On top of all that they used cheap lovely hardware store rivets. Real aircraft rivets used on external surfaces don't have that big dimple/hole in the center, they're smoother and are sometimes flush.

The next thing which bugs me is that it's just a flat slab, not an airfoil. This thing is for looks, not utility as a desk; who's gonna use a desk with all those rivets sticking up? So commit to the gimmick and make it look like a real horizontal stabilizer with control surfaces and poo poo.

It's always funny how proud Chris & co are of this lovely, unartistic, overpriced furniture.

Neltharak
Jun 7, 2013

Bofast posted:

:rimshot:

See, now had more Citizens had wives who could just tell them "No." in the face of stupid ideas, maybe half of them wouldn't even be in this financial mess in the first place.
(Most) wives are good.

I wonder why the crazy irresponsible cultists don't have wives :thunk:

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

BobHoward posted:

It's always funny how proud Chris & co are of this lovely, unartistic, overpriced furniture game.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Dr.Smasher posted:

Rebel Galaxy gets a little repetitive towards the 1-hour Mark.

Adjusted for accuracy.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

BobHoward posted:

It's also an extremely lovely and lazy execution of the aesthetic, so it doesn't belong in a WW2 aircraft museum either.

Blow up that picture a bit. Notice that there are some double rows of rivets set up to look like butt joints (seams where two panels meet edge to edge, and both are riveted to an underlying stringer or other structure). They were too cheap to do a real butt joint, so they just scored a line on the panel between the two rows of rivets.

So that's lazy, but what's offensive are the single row joints. In a real aircraft you'd see a single row of rivets as a panel joint only on overlapped joints. That does happen, sometimes it's not essential to have a relatively smooth surface, but that's not what sticks out like a sore thumb. It's that they scored the line to simulate a joint right through the centerline of the rivets, as if it was a butt joint with a single row of rivets, each rivet helping to hold both panels. If you actually tried to build anything like that, the rivets would be trying to push the two panels apart. (Aircraft skin rivets are "bucked" rivets, where the shank expands in the hole to give the joint strength in shear.)

On top of all that they used cheap lovely hardware store rivets. Real aircraft rivets used on external surfaces don't have that big dimple/hole in the center, they're smoother and are sometimes flush.

The next thing which bugs me is that it's just a flat slab, not an airfoil. This thing is for looks, not utility as a desk; who's gonna use a desk with all those rivets sticking up? So commit to the gimmick and make it look like a real horizontal stabilizer with control surfaces and poo poo.

It's always funny how proud Chris & co are of this lovely, unartistic, overpriced furniture.

As tacky as the furniture is, every time I see someone on here bitching about the rivets, I have to wonder if nobody here knows what a desk blotter is.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Deadguy2322 posted:

As tacky as the furniture is, every time I see someone on here bitching about the rivets, I have to wonder if nobody here knows what a desk blotter is.

What does acid have to do with this?

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Deadguy2322 posted:

Wow, I had one of those 4 decades ago, hadn't seen one since, and had completely forgotten about them. I assume they're still in use then? I actually used it to blot ink, too. And draw on. I drew an Idris.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

XK posted:

There was a picture they posted to their Twitter of, I think it was employees voting on the collector tins, and they had to write their name down on a piece of paper for which they preferred. It was stationed on one of those desks.

At least one of the employees had clearly ran into a rivet while writing their vote.

https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/864609751031660545