Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Lowness 72 posted:

Does plant watering ever get easier?

Krobus, every Friday, will let you buy iridium sprinklers. It'll look like he's only selling one, but after you buy it, talk to him again, and you'll be able to get one more. Repeat until you've got enough or have run out of money.

Then again, if you had your own iridium (Statue of Perfection, I believe, gives you 2-8 iridium ore pieces per day), you can both craft your own iridium sprinklers, and upgrade your watering can to cover a much larger area.

I haven't manually watered anything in like an in-game year.

EDIT: C'mon over to the Stardew Valley thread; the game is near identical between versions, multiplayer aside.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3530059

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Before you get to that point though, upgrading your watering can lets you water more squares at once when charged up. Bronze waters 1x3, iron 3x3, etc. I had no idea about this Krobus thing though, last time I played this (on PC) I never got to use sprinklers because any of the ones before iridium just seem like a waste of a space in the middle of your farm.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

explosivo posted:

Before you get to that point though, upgrading your watering can lets you water more squares at once when charged up. Bronze waters 1x3, iron 3x3, etc. I had no idea about this Krobus thing though, last time I played this (on PC) I never got to use sprinklers because any of the ones before iridium just seem like a waste of a space in the middle of your farm.

The basic sprinklers suck, but the Quality ones (they do the 8 squares around the sprinkler, classic Mega Man stage selection style :smug:) aren't bad.

But once I went iridium, you just sell all of that poo poo.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

AFK arena is pretty garbage honestly, and I'm not sure why I still have it installed. I'm almost account level 100, but there's really... Not much here. I get it, AFK is in the name, but there is maybe 5 minutes of daily content once you start hitting walls. And then every other day you have 15 minutes of content with the arcane lab reset. Every other mode has occasional game play with big walls that you'll hit routinely and be stuck on for days if not weeks at a time. Then you overcome those walls, are able to play for maybe 30 min straight until you hit the next wall where you're stuck for the next week and a half. If that sounds like something that's interesting, have at it. But don't be fooled, out of all of the mobile games I've played over the past 5 or 6 years this has got to be the one with the least interaction.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Krobus, every Friday, will let you buy iridium sprinklers. It'll look like he's only selling one, but after you buy it, talk to him again, and you'll be able to get one more. Repeat until you've got enough or have run out of money.

Then again, if you had your own iridium (Statue of Perfection, I believe, gives you 2-8 iridium ore pieces per day), you can both craft your own iridium sprinklers, and upgrade your watering can to cover a much larger area.

I haven't manually watered anything in like an in-game year.

EDIT: C'mon over to the Stardew Valley thread; the game is near identical between versions, multiplayer aside.

They're 10k a pop which if you're just starting out is a lot of money and if the guy hasn't gotten to the point of upgrading tools probably doesn't have much or know how to quickly make that.

And that statue doesn't unlock until you get your farm rated in year 3

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Len posted:

They're 10k a pop which if you're just starting out is a lot of money and if the guy hasn't gotten to the point of upgrading tools probably doesn't have much or know how to quickly make that.

And that statue doesn't unlock until you get your farm rated in year 3

Yeah, I know. Still, they're options. I had the money way before I realized that I could get as many sprinklers from Krobus that I could afford, so it's still good to know. :shobon:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Yeah to even get to access Krobus you have to have turned in like 60? artifacts to the museum so odds are if he doesn't have an inkling about sprinklers yet he hasn't gotten that.

In the same vein, if you see a trio of little "worms" or twigs sticking out of the ground and twitching, that's a "dig" spot. You can use your hoe there and get something - sometimes an artifact, sometimes clay or mixed seeds. Artifacts get donated to the museum. You get rewards for them at certain stages, but once it has 1 of something you can just sell it.

The exception is the Prismatic Shard or Dinosaur Egg. If you're ever lucky enough to get one of those, don't donate your first one! You need it for.. something. I won't go into spoilers unless requested. Donate your second one. They're stupid rare but not impossible to find.

Basic sprinklers are garbage. Ignore them. Do the mid-level ones, the name escapes me but it's got a spray pattern like this:

0X0

The watering can thing - once you upgrade it, you have to hold down and charge to do the larger pour area. Otherwise it will just do the 1 spot.

Watch TV every day and plan accordingly. If you hear it's going to rain tomorrow you know you can plan for a fishing or mine day. If you know your luck is going to suck, don't do anything luck based, just do farm work or chop wood or something.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I just watered poo poo with regular can until I could make quality sprinklers. It's not that awful. I mostly focused on mines for they time. Or you play the game the way you want to. There isn't a reasonable need to minmax sd.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Is there any way for android players to visit PC players farms? The missus has been hasdling me to install the PC version so we can visit each other, but the mobile version sounds far more appealing to me.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Is there any way for android players to visit PC players farms? The missus has been hasdling me to install the PC version so we can visit each other, but the mobile version sounds far more appealing to me.

Cross-save is coming apparently.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Does there exist a game like Professor Layton, that's a unique puzzle pack, without the terrible story?

The Layton app seems more story that it usually is and it's not great

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

For :10bux: you can now purchase Graveyard Keeper.

TheBananaKing
Jul 16, 2004

Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world.
Smellrose

TheBananaKing posted:

I've just started on a pixel 3 which I assume is almost the same size at the pixel 2 and it's acceptable, but you definitely need to hit the pause button often just to scroll around the screen and keep tabs on everything. You can zoom out to see it all fairly easily but it gets pretty jagged and impossible to read once you have over the full table in view.

Wanted to expand on this now that I've gotten more acquainted with this game. I knew (know) zero about it whatsoever and now that I'm just starting to get the swing of what's going on here (this game is really a pretty rad card game at it's core with neat mechanics that could only ever make sense digitally) I think it's definitely playable on a phone. Here's a screenshot from my pixel3 -

I can play on that zoom and comfortably drag around cards and see what I need to and it works fine. A tablet would be perfection but I don't have one of those so holding my phone 8 inches from my face is okay too. Just hard seeing around these stupid opaque thumbs.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

TheBananaKing posted:

Wanted to expand on this now that I've gotten more acquainted with this game. I knew (know) zero about it whatsoever and now that I'm just starting to get the swing of what's going on here (this game is really a pretty rad card game at it's core with neat mechanics that could only ever make sense digitally) I think it's definitely playable on a phone. Here's a screenshot from my pixel3 -

I can play on that zoom and comfortably drag around cards and see what I need to and it works fine. A tablet would be perfection but I don't have one of those so holding my phone 8 inches from my face is okay too. Just hard seeing around these stupid opaque thumbs.

Yeah I picked it up today. It's not bad, I make liberal use of the pause button to really get a grasp of what I'm working with.

Just need to figure out what the gently caress is actually happening because uh what?

blindidiotgod
Jan 9, 2005

Len posted:

Yeah I picked it up today. It's not bad, I make liberal use of the pause button to really get a grasp of what I'm working with.

Just need to figure out what the gently caress is actually happening because uh what?

Keep at it, keep plugging away, it's worth it. Physician is easy mode to make sure you don't starve to death by running out of cash.

I worry about asking in case it's a meme, but has there been good alternatives to Puzzle Craft after it was yanked from the store? Something a bit more engaging than Realm Grinder would be nice.

TheBananaKing
Jul 16, 2004

Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world.
Smellrose

blindidiotgod posted:

Keep at it, keep plugging away, it's worth it. Physician is easy mode to make sure you don't starve to death by running out of cash.

I wish I had been offered the physician earlier. First 4 games it only offered up the other 4 and I resisted trying a new one out for a while thinking I was missing something in the grey, neutral start one so I kept failing at that for a while.

I'd definitely recommend trying out the physician early on and don't activate that hook until you are stable and have gotten used to the basics of managing your health and dread. That stable job really makes a perfect buffer for learning all cards and actions that start barraging you.

Is the anything that can be done about decrepitude later in the game or is it really just there forever? I love dropping it into the job slot and watching the dread come in with sometimes as much as 1 gold piece after my character takes to the streets to show off his nasty body and beg for pennies.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

TheBananaKing posted:

Is the anything that can be done about decrepitude later in the game or is it really just there forever? I love dropping it into the job slot and watching the dread come in with sometimes as much as 1 gold piece after my character takes to the streets to show off his nasty body and beg for pennies.

Sometimes it's nice having a reliable source of Dread, but yes you can eventually get rid of decrepitude with MAGIC.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

A whole bunch of games are on sale.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Civ Rev 2 is only $2 and it is excellent.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
After several dozen disastrous starts in Buriedbornes, I finally got a character who managed to kill the Ancient King.

Now she's stuck at floor 100 because she can't outdamage the Infinite Army's heals (and vice versa).

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
All my successful runs in Buriedbornes end around level 15 of the labyrinth because I stop paying attention and wander into a Conquest tile.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Black Griffon posted:

For some incomprehensible reason I've actually sunk a lot of time into Empires & Puzzles, like four months of consistent play by now. Anyone else play that?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smallgiantgames.empires

Yeah I have finally given into the ads to check this out. Its surprisingly complicated for such a fundamentally simple a game, with lots of variables to :spergin: over. Min maxers would probably love this. I predict I will last like 2 weeks

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Black Griffon posted:

For some incomprehensible reason I've actually sunk a lot of time into Empires & Puzzles, like four months of consistent play by now. Anyone else play that?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smallgiantgames.empires

Isn't that just a bad puzzles and dragons clone?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Shwqa posted:

Isn't that just a bad puzzles and dragons clone?

Well, PAD is bad, so...

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
Got the psxe emulator and it rocks. I use a playstation classic controller through the usb otg dongle i got with my s10 and then i mirror my screen to my tv with chromecast, works pretty well. It was a little laggy for spyro but works awesome for breath of fire 4 and other RPGS. I'm looking into good bluetooth controllers now so I can pop the phone in a VR headset and play some PS1 classics in bed.

edit: I just realized the emulator probably doesn't have a VR option. Oh well maybe I'll get one of those bendy arm clamp phone holders.

Pookum fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jun 30, 2019

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Pookum posted:

Got the psxe emulator and it rocks. I use a playstation classic controller through the usb otg dongle i got with my s10 and then i mirror my screen to my tv with chromecast, works pretty well. It was a little laggy for spyro but works awesome for breath of fire 4 and other RPGS. I'm looking into good bluetooth controllers now so I can pop the phone in a VR headset and play some PS1 classics in bed.

edit: I just realized the emulator probably doesn't have a VR option. Oh well maybe I'll get one of those bendy arm clamp phone holders.

I'm picturing you doing all of this IN BED and I gotta say I'm pretty jealous.

Jul 20, 2006
If anyone's looking for a good deck building RPG you should definitely grab Card Quest.

I picked it up recently after seeing it pop up in my recommendations for a while and it's brilliant. Apparently it's been on PC for years but was only ported to Android in December.

It's a great mix of RPG and deck building, with some puzzle solving elements too. I'm just getting stuck into it properly now and it's got loads of depth. Reminds me a bit of Dungeon Raid for some reason.

While I'm at it, I haven't seen anyone recommend Space RPG 3 which is a super detailed and fun top down, 2D space sim with great combat. You even get to found your own faction with its own ships and take over the galaxy one star at a time.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

64057 posted:

While I'm at it, I haven't seen anyone recommend Space RPG 3 which is a super detailed and fun top down, 2D space sim with great combat. You even get to found your own faction with its own ships and take over the galaxy one star at a time.

Looks a little like escape velocity / endless sky / infinite black ( but single player)

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

64057 posted:

If anyone's looking for a good deck building RPG you should definitely grab Card Quest.

I picked it up recently after seeing it pop up in my recommendations for a while and it's brilliant. Apparently it's been on PC for years but was only ported to Android in December.

It's a great mix of RPG and deck building, with some puzzle solving elements too. I'm just getting stuck into it properly now and it's got loads of depth. Reminds me a bit of Dungeon Raid for some reason

Card quest is cool but it's not a deckbuilder. You don't change your deck as you go, you choose which unlocks to bring and each one makes up a part of your deck.

It's a totally excellent game, though! Just don't sell it as a deckbuilder since your deck is fixed from the start of a run.

Try the mage with arcane school, book of storms, and mirror scrolls. You can beat almost every encounter on turn one, and if you do have to end turn you just avoid everything with mirror images.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Been playing a GPS game called Orna (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=playorna.com.orna). It's scratched a lot of RPG itches I've had. gameplay wise Its a lot like parallel kingdoms without all of the broken half baked features.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Picked up Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop since it was on sale and I know it's an old game at this point but it's pretty interesting so far. It fills the Shop Heroes shaped hole in my heart relatively well thusfar but doesn't seem super deep from what I can tell after playing for a couple hours.

Jul 20, 2006

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Card quest is cool but it's not a deckbuilder. You don't change your deck as you go, you choose which unlocks to bring and each one makes up a part of your deck.

It's a totally excellent game, though! Just don't sell it as a deckbuilder since your deck is fixed from the start of a run.

Try the mage with arcane school, book of storms, and mirror scrolls. You can beat almost every encounter on turn one, and if you do have to end turn you just avoid everything with mirror images.

Fair, I should have said "deck customisation" to be completely accurate. I've been avoiding the Mage but will have to give that combo a try...

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

explosivo posted:

Picked up Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop since it was on sale and I know it's an old game at this point but it's pretty interesting so far. It fills the Shop Heroes shaped hole in my heart relatively well thusfar but doesn't seem super deep from what I can tell after playing for a couple hours.

that's the problem i have with the holy potatoes games, they're genres i like with cute graphics and themeing but they're ultimately all shallow af

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
Just picked up AFK arena from the posts over the last couple of pages. I tend to get bored with this stuff pretty quickly but we shall see, as its not entirely AFK progression.

Do we have an SA guild in game?

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
I just tried playing Cultist Simulator and while it seems appealing, there's simply too much going on at once for it to be a relaxing mobile game (which is usually what I go for; something I can play at a slow pace). Might pick it up on Steam though.

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs

Montalvo posted:

I just tried playing Cultist Simulator and while it seems appealing, there's simply too much going on at once for it to be a relaxing mobile game (which is usually what I go for; something I can play at a slow pace). Might pick it up on Steam though.

If you have a twitch subscription (free with Amazon Prime) it's free through Twitch this month.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Make sure you have a larger screen if you want to play Card Quest. The text is super blurry on smaller screens

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Vice Zoomler Aestro posted:

If you have a twitch subscription (free with Amazon Prime) it's free through Twitch this month.

Thank you for the tip, but this seems to only be redeemable on Windows (I'm on a Mac).

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Lego Tiny Tower beta is out. Instead of the buy-once and get all the perks IAP that regular Tiny Tower has, it's got a subscription type service so you can pay 5 bucks for a month or 20 bucks for about a year of perks. Pretty much instantly drained most of my interest in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Vice Zoomler Aestro posted:

Where are you seeing this? I only see the usual bundles of stuff for games I don't play.