Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Caphi posted:

DeJap are the kind of hacks who thought they could just get enough of the meaning and then make the rest up by trying very hard to be Woolsey.

I played their FF5 patch once. The first tower had good old Y-Burn in it. I changed patches after I got a Socklet out of a treasure chest.
i love the "y-burn" translation

it's so bad

yeah well, just keep your y-burns off her pal, huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Motto posted:

I can't believe a TL group that named themselves "DeJap" had some ill-conceived ideas.
Also yeah this is a really good point now that I actually look at and think about the name of the group

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Endorph posted:

wild arms 3 is cool in how it actually ties gameplay and plot together, yeah. i love all the goofy gags with janus's gang and their combo attack, and how often janus loving off makes his sidekicks completely useless.

jet being an all rounder who doesn't slot well into any one position with a "IM GOING FIRST!!!" move even makes sense for his role as the loner guy who, try as he might, can't step up to a working team.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Finally got to the point in Disgaea where I can just buy other tunes to play in the item world, so I don't have to suffer through the same circus-tango medley over and over. I'm also optimistic about playing D2 and 5 next since apparently the item world is an unforgiving nightmare only in the first one.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Motto posted:

I can't believe a TL group that named themselves "DeJap" had some ill-conceived ideas.

Until this moment Ive thought for some reason they were spanish speakers so "of Japan"

Please do not ask any further questions

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Motto posted:

DeNih would’ve flowed better too.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

yeah it's a pretty yikes name all told

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Who wants to join my translation group "HeilHitler"?

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

I want a Chrono Trigger translation that makes Frog speak in even older English. I want pre-Beowulf poo poo.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Barudak posted:

Until this moment Ive thought for some reason they were spanish speakers so "of Japan"

Please do not ask any further questions

Same. I always said duh-jap and it wasn’t until recently I realized “ooooh dee-jap, holy poo poo that’s bad.”

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Crowetron posted:

I want a Chrono Trigger translation that makes Frog speak in even older English. I want pre-Beowulf poo poo.
frog shows up and just starts speaking in ancient sumerian. nobody comments on it

al-azad
May 28, 2009

AngryRobotsInc posted:

Good ol' Chrono Compendium. But see, they weren't translating the game. They were giving you the same experience playing it a Japanese player would have gotten!

lord, they're the worst sort of weebs. Them and the FFVII retranslation lot.

I’m looking forward to FF7R only to see if they rebrand Climhazzard.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Endorph posted:

frog shows up and just starts speaking in ancient sumerian. nobody comments on it

i want this so much

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

al-azad posted:

its a crime hazard to rebrand climhazzard

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

al-azad posted:

"We...we were wrong all those years ago to call these Moogles. They are now Moguri."

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Endorph posted:

i actually do wish one day a story where one of the villains is like millions of years old speaks a language the mc's can't understand, like maybe some other villain is a linguistics expert so that's how they've been communicating with them

i can already think of multiple flaws with this but i dont care

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

i actually do wish one day a story where one of the villains is like millions of years old speaks a language the mc's can't understand, like maybe some other villain is a linguistics expert so that's how they've been communicating with them

I am pretty sure some version of this happens in Mass Effect 1.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Does Lavos count?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Bongo Bill posted:

I am pretty sure some version of this happens in Mass Effect 1.
No, Sovereign can speak modern languages just fine.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

this is a gag in mother 3

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Accordion Man posted:

No, Sovereign can speak modern languages just fine.

The plant thing has to clone an asari to talk to Shepard.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

It happened to me playing Breath of Fire 4 because I had never see ye olde english before

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
leaked Atilier trailer, new engine looks good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCMYkZXmGc8

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
it even looks a step up from lulua's engine, given how they can have stuff like ryza squeezing through two narrow walls

v yeah that

Jerry Manderbilt fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jul 1, 2019

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

its probably the same engine just with an extra 6 months of dev time to get more stuff working

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Interviews for Dead or Alive 6 development mentioned all the Koei Tecmo development groups were being moved to a single game engine. Their take on it was how quickly boob physics could be added by their internal development team, but no doubt Gust is being moved over as well.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yet no thigh physics smh

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Dehry posted:

Interviews for Dead or Alive 6 development mentioned all the Koei Tecmo development groups were being moved to a single game engine. Their take on it was how quickly boob physics could be added by their internal development team, but no doubt Gust is being moved over as well.

Weren't they using Omega Force's musou engine for a while there?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Endorph posted:

yet no thigh physics smh

That's what the new atelier protag's design was rolled out as a testbed for.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

Weren't they using Omega Force's musou engine for a while there?
isnt the new fire emblem using a musou engine

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Endorph posted:

isnt the new fire emblem using a musou engine

Hell, could be. Depends how much of the dev load is split between IS and TN I guess

Dunno if they said either way

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Endorph posted:

yet no thigh physics smh

They need a Thiccsics engine for that.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

Hell, could be. Depends how much of the dev load is split between IS and TN I guess

Dunno if they said either way
it mostly just really looks like the fire emblem warriors engine, and even the way the squadmate mooks kinda mill around in the battle animations looks exactly like what they did in fire emblem warriors

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Endorph posted:

even the way the squadmate mooks kinda mill around in the battle animations looks exactly like what they did in fire emblem warriors

Exactly. Observe:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwUSQr5CYmw

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Enjoying Ayesha a ton. I've even managed to fight down the urge to use a guide for it and have just been playing organically. I have no idea how ahead or behind I am or whose ending I'm heading toward, but enough stuff happens consistently to make me feel like I'm always progressing.

I'm just wondering where/when the weapon and armor upgrades start happening because I'm unlocking newer harder areas much faster than I'm unlocking new bombs and equipment. I figure at least some of it must be locked behind the main 'learn alchemy' subplot so I should probably just sit down and start making all the random recipes I haven't yet.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
you'll get some endings p. easily as long as you keep steady progression through the story and max out friendship points with everyone

though i would recommend saving around 20k for the blimp about midway through, it's the one important thing to buy

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013

The Colonel posted:

you'll get some endings p. easily as long as you keep steady progression through the story and max out friendship points with everyone

though i would recommend saving around 20k for the blimp about midway through, it's the one important thing to buy

20k!?

This game is super stingy with money. Any good tips on getting rich quick? Most of my money comes from deliveries and I'm barely making enough from that to keep up with buying all the alchemy books I need. Do I start making more money as I go along?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Getsuya posted:

20k!?

This game is super stingy with money. Any good tips on getting rich quick? Most of my money comes from deliveries and I'm barely making enough from that to keep up with buying all the alchemy books I need. Do I start making more money as I go along?

yeah just making deliveries and participating in treasure competitions gets you a lot of money

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
My other advice is that Ayesha's notes om what to do next turn kinda crap at one point in the game and if you're ever completely unsure just look it up instead of spending months spinning your wheels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Dehry posted:

Koei Tecmo needs to do the right thing and make a new Inindo game. That game tried to do so many things and while it was rough it was real interesting too.