Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

hobbesmaster posted:

I want to know what Lily thinks of all this if you’re a SCH.

What she thinks is that she knows if I get the chance to reglam her to a ShB Fairy, especially Fel Ul, she is going right on the bench,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

I'm so confused, I bought shadowbringers on the square enix store, received an email on confirmation of purchase, but it did not include a registration key, and none of the links in the email seem to show the key anywhere, where do I get this key to enter into the client?? I have an account made like 4 years ago and the website says my guy is level 3 I think.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

What she thinks is that she knows if I get the chance to reglam her to a ShB Fairy, especially Fel Ul, she is going right on the bench,

It would still be her just as Selene and Eos are different aspects.

That’s how you get egi glamours - the carbuncles you summon still contain the essence of the primal, you just summoned them in a different appearance.

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love

Slider posted:

I'm so confused, I bought shadowbringers on the square enix store, received an email on confirmation of purchase, but it did not include a registration key, and none of the links in the email seem to show the key anywhere, where do I get this key to enter into the client?? I have an account made like 4 years ago and the website says my guy is level 3 I think.

To get current access to the Shadowbringers content you need to get the pre-reg key in, the full game key will be unlocking tomorrow. You can find info on how to get and load your preorder key from either your emails or under Your Orders in the SquareEnix store. As a note, the preorder key involves getting a key from the store, entering that into another site and then a key you get from that site goes into Mogstation.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

It took till FXIV to redeem gunblades, but holy poo poo did they do it

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Jul 1, 2019

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Mazed posted:

Real talk: This job is flavorful, intuitive, and strong. I hope it stays that way for a while.

I am absolutely in love with Gunbreaker. I'd hoped it'd be the tank that would finally click with me and I am not disappointed at all. The cartridge + Continuation combo feels so drat good

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Bremma posted:

To get current access to the Shadowbringers content you need to get the pre-reg key in, the full game key will be unlocking tomorrow. You can find info on how to get and load your preorder key from either your emails or under Your Orders in the SquareEnix store. As a note, the preorder key involves getting a key from the store, entering that into another site and then a key you get from that site goes into Mogstation.

I eventually found the link in the email that shows the shadowbringers key, but when I try to enter it into my mogstation account to upgrade trial account into a regular service it says it's invalid, I manually typed it in twice. I'm assuming this works similar to what wow does these days, where buying the latest expansion just grants the game and all previous expansions, is this not the case? I'm scratching my head here.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫
Finished the shb MSQ last night. I liked Stormblood, but this was waaay better. Like, unbelievably so. I hope they can keep it up in the patch content over the next few years.

Major spoilers: So, if the WoL (and Ardbert) are the soul of someone our buddy in the DMV waiting room and Emet used to know, and the convocation lost a member in connection with the decision to summon Zodiark, presumably we have the soul of that 14th member and she was a big part of the summoning Hydaelyn crew? (And is Unulkuhai the same?)

And do you think Elidibus is going to pull the WoL from another shard to fight us or create fake WoLs from random echo havers?

Edit: Also, I wasn't one of the people clamoring for Viera to be added to the game, but I'm glad they did. The ears still take some getting used to but I'm so happy with how my WoL turned out. I'll have to get some screenshots later, I was too busy mainlining MSQ.

Emily Spinach fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jul 1, 2019

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
As much as I'm liking MCH the more I see of GNB the more I wanna switch over. MCH animations are incredible but coming from WAR the whole "get 50 heat from 123 combo or from barrel stabilizer if it's up, spam heat blast" feels really similar to "get 50 beast gauge from 123 combo or infuriate if it's up, spam fell cleave" with just a few more buttons in between to press, plus it doesn't look like it's gonna change at all from 70 to 80. GNB rotation seems more interesting and like it'll change a lot getting to 80 with continuation, although I don't want to keep waffling in between jobs and never finishing the story.

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

Slider posted:

I eventually found the link in the email that shows the shadowbringers key, but when I try to enter it into my mogstation account to upgrade trial account into a regular service it says it's invalid, I manually typed it in twice. I'm assuming this works similar to what wow does these days, where buying the latest expansion just grants the game and all previous expansions, is this not the case? I'm scratching my head here.

You might be missing the (admittedly weird and convoluted) middle step of putting they key in the site below and using the key from THAT in Mogstation.

To redeem your pre-order code, please visit https://redeem.finalfantasyxiv.com/na and log in using your FINAL FANTASY XIV account details.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

TulliusCicero posted:

It took till FXIV to redeem gunblades, but holy poo poo did they do it

I just love how in the world of XIV, gunblades came before guns.

It's anime as all gently caress and I love it. :allears:

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

BisbyWorl posted:

I just love how in the world of XIV, gunblades came before guns.

It's anime as all gently caress and I love it. :allears:

Don't forget that guns are called guns because they're named after the queen whose guard used gunblades: Gunnhildr.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Queen Gunn and her blades. Who broke the nerds that tried to use non-bladed guns against them.

10/10 lore

Doctor Tog
Oct 10, 2008

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

So I got AST to 80 and did some 80 things.

And well, this job is way better than it ever has been from a gameplay perspective. The cards require way more decision making, especially since you can easily get 3 or 4 cards going at the same time. Celestial Intersection is love, and Horoscope is surprisingly potent, and useful with the amount of "eat a continual bunch of aoe" mechanics there are. Playing AST since 3.0 and have never had this much fun. AST is way higher apm than it ever has been, and I'm glad I went AST over WHM first.

Pros, condensed:
Cards - everything about them. More actions, more decisions, no loving OG spire or ewer.
Celestial Intersection - My favourite new AST skill. Low cooldown and great ability for an oGCD. The shield stacks with Galvanize and Divine Benison.
Celestial Opposition - The regen stacks with other regens, and the shield stacks with other shields.
Horoscope - Doesn't say the potency on it, but it's probably 400-500. Get a ton of use out of it.
Never had any MP issues with sloppy Lucid usage.

If I have any complaints, it's that:
Dps wise I'm way less potent than my 72 WHM.
Celestial Opposition feels weak for the CD time (120)
Collective Unconsciousness is the worst bubble

Horoscope shows potency when you have the buff, it's 100 before a helios and 400 after

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Innocence was hella fun, along with the dungeon leading up to him. Too bad I spent 20% of that fight dead on the floor.

In the final zone, and holy poo poo it does not disappoint.

Just need to get 0.5 levels tomorrow and I can finish the campaign and cry with the rest of you.

Ibblebibble fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Jul 1, 2019

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:
Might wanna spoiler that boss name.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I'm really loving the new MCH. All of my buttons feel great, and I want to press them as much as possible. Especially Drill and Auto-crossbow. The way the heat system interacts with Wildfire works for me. The turret as a temporary damage boost is so much better than having to place it all the time too.

I am also leveling DRK. The class fantasy is good, but the actions feel a bit too simple now. Your AOE "combo" feels really bad below 72. The Blackest Night feels worse now that it just gives you a free OGCD instead of blood. Delirium is okay, but I'm 74 and already bored of spamming a single action for damage. I'll take it to 80, but I suspect I'll be looking into Gunbreaker when I finish the MSQ.

I'm excited to check out AST and might eventually touch my 70 SCH again. We'll see.

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Bremma posted:

You might be missing the (admittedly weird and convoluted) middle step of putting they key in the site below and using the key from THAT in Mogstation.

To redeem your pre-order code, please visit https://redeem.finalfantasyxiv.com/na and log in using your FINAL FANTASY XIV account details.

I now know both the pre-order code, and the actual code.

The only option the mogstation seems to give me is "transfer to full game" then it asks me to enter the registration code. Says my account is still a trial. I type in in the 20 character code and it says it's invalid. Am I missing a key step here?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Slider posted:

I now know both the pre-order code, and the actual code.

The only option the mogstation seems to give me is "transfer to full game" then it asks me to enter the registration code. Says my account is still a trial. I type in in the 20 character code and it says it's invalid. Am I missing a key step here?

You need to own A Realm Reborn, which you do not appear to?

e: SHB comes with HW and SB but not ARR

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

I agree with folks saying gunbreaker is great. It just feels really good. I was worried when it was announced it was gonna be swordsGUNSman but it's really SWORDSgunsman.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
I’m at 76 with Bard and it still feels pretty great to me.

Honestly not sure what in the world some of the “this class is deeeaddd and ruined!!” folk on the subreddit were on about unless they just really, really missed that sweet sweet 2% crit bonus, traubador effects that you’re never going to alter your entire rotation for, and 10 second Foes; it’s not like this class was ever been a support class in priority of being a DPS

I wish we did keep Palisade, but eh, it’s fine

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

kirbysuperstar posted:

You need to own A Realm Reborn, which you do not appear to?

e: SHB comes with HW and SB but not ARR

Oh no I don't, I made a trial account for free years ago and never bought the actual game. Do I have to buy both the base game itself and the expansion separately? I just bought the expansion which I thought would cover everything

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Ibblebibble posted:

Innocence was hella fun, along with the dungeon leading up to him. Too bad I spent 20% of that fight dead on the floor.

In the final zone, and holy poo poo it does not disappoint.

Just need to get 0.5 levels tomorrow and I can finish the campaign and cry with the rest of you.

Edit: quote is not edit lol

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Truth Quark posted:

Might wanna spoiler that boss name.

Names of things aren't usually spoilers, and we've known that there was going to be a boss fight named Innocence for months.

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

Slider posted:

Oh no I don't, I made a trial account for free years ago and never bought the actual game. Do I have to buy both the base game itself and the expansion separately? I just bought the expansion which I thought would cover everything

Yeah, that's your issue. You'll need to get the base ARR game and then you can apply the preorder key. Sorry, didn't even think of that possibility!

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Bremma posted:

Yeah, that's your issue. You'll need to get the base ARR game and then you can apply the preorder key. Sorry, didn't even think of that possibility!

Oh well, base game is only 20 bucks. Thanks!

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

:siren: Attention all tanks :siren:

You have Arm's Length now

Arm's Length slows anything hitting you by 20% for 15s

Use this on trash pulls

yw

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Oh my god the 80 dungeon, trial, and everything around them. Insane. INSANE. There's nothing out in the MMO market that comes close to this.

poo poo, this is the best Final Fantasy game since loving IX.

Just funnel money into this game, SE, it's the best thing in your portfolio.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

VanillaGorilla posted:

Oh my god the 80 dungeon, trial, and everything around them. Insane. INSANE. There's nothing out in the MMO market that comes close to this.

poo poo, this is the best Final Fantasy game since loving IX.

Just funnel money into this game, SE, it's the best thing in your portfolio.

A friend who is pretty into FF considered the MSQ of this expansion currently to be better than 12, 13, and 15 combined.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Vadoc posted:

A friend who is pretty into FF considered the MSQ of this expansion currently to be better than 12, 13, and 15 combined.

I... honestly have a hard time arguing this.

It's easily the most satisfying FF experience I've had in ages.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

victrix posted:

Use this on trash pulls

yw

I’m sorry, did you say mega pull and don’t use any cooldowns? No problem!

In other news for those that want to use trusts at all, when you complete the MSQ all trust NPCs become level 71 and you must level them up to use in the other MSQ dungeons beyond the first one. So unless they somehow magically stop having terrible dps gently caress doing trusts. E.G. as a BLM I was doing nearly twice the dps as my trust dps in the final dungeon.

Gishin
Jun 15, 2013

But... This... What is this practice for?

victrix posted:

Use this on trash pulls

yw

Legit thank you for the protip. I didn't know it was so good.

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the input, Jeff.
On the other hand, suck it up and do all the MSQ dungeons with trusts the first time around so you can see at least some of the unique dialogue and behavior without having to go through that hell-grind.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

victrix posted:

Use this on trash pulls

yw

does this slow their attack speed too??

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

Francis posted:

On the other hand, suck it up and do all the MSQ dungeons with trusts the first time around so you can see at least some of the unique dialogue and behavior without having to go through that hell-grind.

That what I did for the 73 dungeon and was glad I did. Also helped cause I was able to coach my friends through the mechanics when I ran it right after with them on DPS and a random tank. I'll probably keep that up for the other MSQ dungeons. I'm ok with it taking a bit longer since the Trust party is lower DPS and more cautious than a normal group so I can get to see things.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Any good DNC glams yet?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Just heal the dungeons you can explain the fight and yank people around.

Rescue is especially fun on a certain boss in the 73 dungeon.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Kerrzhe posted:

does this slow their attack speed too??
This tripped me up when I started: Slow is an attack speed slow, Heavy is a movement speed slow. Arm's Length applies Actual Slow, The Good One

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I've played up through the 73 dungeon and everything is far is top notch. I very invested in the story right now.

Also, Trusts are very cool imo, but boy are they slow. Maybe that's because I like to hit the gas all the time. Also I learned during the second boss of 73 that if you die with Trusts you die in real life it wipes the party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Just finished the story and this entire explanation is good as hell. Thanks sqex.

All the dungeons are great and somehow kept getting better. The 79 dungeon was absolutely bananas but the 80 still topped it. The music overall was amazing too and I can't wait to be able to drop money on the soundtrack. I liked that there are points where another track will override the regular music for a zone to maintain a scene or mood until you progress a bit.The last main zone's music is super chill and seemed to fit the aesthetic fine, but then I got to the last part of the area and the music immediately took on a different feel without changing at all. Good zone design!

I haven't looked at the rest but the 80 sam AF is rad as hell. A bit disappointed that most of the leveling dungeon gear is just recolors of older stuff though.

The story was easily the best they've done so far. While it hits on several old Final Fantasy / jrpg tropes, the presentation was so good that I didn't mind that at all.

At first I didn't know what to make of Emet's turn as Q but it quickly became one of my favorite parts of the expansion. Like somebody else mentioned, the slouch and lazy eyes seemed to fit a smug rear end in a top hat perfectly, but then it turns out he's been carrying on this burden for ages and you see those character traits in a completely different light. It's still impossible to reconcile what he wants with what you want but it's actually possible to understand and sympathize to an extent. Yes they gave the ooga booga spooky ghost guys a compelling motivation. A+.

But poor Tesleen. Body horrored into a monster, then relegated to mid boss status and dies with no fanfare. :(

Now where's my Feo Ul minion, yoship?

ps Urianger is the best cool uncle / turbonerd.