Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Fred Basset

Frog Applause

Judge Parker

Reply All

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh my god Marie's ex. lmfaoooo

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Strontium posted:

Daddy Daze

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Tiggum posted:

Why can't they let them back in?

All the planetary protection rules they've already thoroughly poo poo all over.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (Dec. 7, 2007)

Arlo and Janis Classic (Dec. 7, 1997)

Garfield Classic (Dec. 7, 1987)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Retail

Edge of Tire Fire

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Selachian posted:

Rhymes with Orange

Alpo-rithm? :confused:

That's not her job, Marla! :argh:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Tiggum posted:

Alpo-rithm? :confused:

algorithm except instead of algo it is Alpo, a dog food brand

quote:

the machine doesn't permit anyone to advance without renouncing their humanity, bit by bit

do you think Stuart was always the way he is

it is humorous, citizen

laugh

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Tiggum posted:

IIRC, Crystal is some kind of manager trainee -- we've seen Marla showing her how to do other management-type things before.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Woebin posted:

:eng101: King Kristina of Sweden was most likely a trans man! There are historical accounts indicating that he preferred male pronouns, went by "Alexander" among friends, and tried to undergo alchemic treatments for gender affirmation purposes.

Fun bonus fact: There was a gynecologist involved in exhuming him in the sixties, and that sa!me gynecologist was involved in legislating the forced sterilization of trans folks.

Anyway, just caught up with the thread, will try to post Pyton when I get the chance. Although my PC just died, so can anyone recommend good basic image editing apps for Android?

that's going to change the 1632 books for sure.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Judge Parker's kind of weird in that it's not really bad and is actually kind of like a soap opera. It's just that everything that happens strikes me as "rich white people problems" so I can't bring myself to care for the characters.

Selachian posted:

IIRC, Crystal is some kind of manager trainee -- we've seen Marla showing her how to do other management-type things before.

There's assigning Crystal things to help train her, then there's dumping work onto her because Marla doesn't feel like doing it. It's a really lovely thing to do.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Hey, thanks for posting Heathcliff again! I really like it :)

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Hwurmp posted:

Alpo, a dog food brand
Ah.

Selachian posted:

Marla frequently has her do things that are not her job. I don't recall ever seeing any indication that she's being paid extra or has even been promised a promotion in future. It's blatant exploitation. And Marla's supposed to be one of the good guys.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Tiggum posted:

Judge Parker

poo poo, they put Paul Kersey on the inside?

amigolupus posted:

Judge Parker's kind of weird in that it's not really bad and is actually kind of like a soap opera. It's just that everything that happens strikes me as "rich white people problems" so I can't bring myself to care for the characters.

I generally regard it as "the strip where two characters have a dull, drawn-out conversation while one of them makes a face like they smelled bad milk"

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

I hate it when people do this poo poo. How hard would it have been to say, "Michael, would you please mow the lawn today?" instead of wasting time with passive-aggressive hints.

Mike's in the right here; it's not his job to try and parse meaning from ambiguity in order to read his father's mind. His father, a grown man who would prefer to have his wishes carried out without ever having to state them.

Calaveron posted:

At least John is giving hints. Lynn would just sneak up on the boy and be all WHY THE gently caress HAVEN'T YOU MOWED THE LAWN YET YOU WRETCHED CROTCHSPAWN

This is an extremely low bar to clear. Maybe things are different in Canada.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Tiggum posted:

Marla frequently has her do things that are not her job. I don't recall ever seeing any indication that she's being paid extra or has even been promised a promotion in future. It's blatant exploitation. And Marla's supposed to be one of the good guys.

Cooper did too. I get the impression Crystal's the kind of person who doesn't actually know what her job is and is too trusting to ask for specifics.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Geech

Zip

Rip

Next week: "There are no birds with crystal plumage!"

Dick Apr. 4-5, 1932

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Tiggum posted:

Crystal's the Assistant Manager, so I'm pretty sure employee reviews would sit squarely within her job description.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Old School Peanuts (Oct 25, 1950)

Calvin and Hobbes (Dec 17-18, 1985)

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
My Dad is Dracula (10/31/18)

Pickles

Zits

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Synthbuttrange posted:

Oh my god Marie's ex. lmfaoooo
Yeah I didn't expect that. I also don't remember him being Charles Bronson.

Selachian posted:

Edge of Tire Fire

I thought they were actually getting to the adventure, but no, they are still on the edge.

F Minus

What a great idea! That would keep you warm, give you a good breakfast, and make you smell buttery all day!

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

Smell them! SMELL THEM!

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons reposted the one from a few days back with death on trial for some reason. I'll post a new one if they update it.

Apartment 3-G

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Johnny Walker posted:

Apartment 3-G

Walter's going to disrespect this and almost get Ann fired from her job, isn't he?

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

JethroMcB posted:

I generally regard it as "the strip where two characters have a dull, drawn-out conversation while one of them makes a face like they smelled bad milk"

Funny, your description makes me think of Rex Morgan MD. :v:

Professor Wayne posted:

My Dad is Dracula (10/31/18)

This comic is great. :allears:

It looks to me like the second Ed stopped chewing, Dustin immediately left the room so he wouldn't have to hear Ed making GBS threads on him again.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Garfield

these stand-up bit strips are definitely my least favorite.

Overboard

Monty

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
The Bus 2: Busman Returns

If these phone camera pictures look too bad to accept speak up and I'll try another way.

And don't forget The Bus can be purchased from the creator online! You buy direct from him on eBay and he'll even sign your copy!

The Bus 2 opens with a two-page spread of photographs of buses. I chose not to snapshot that because it's cool and all but it's not Paul Kirchner's illustrations (though it is part of his artistic choice).

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Bus! Bus! Bus! Bus! Bus!

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
ALL HAIL THE BUS.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
I know John Allison is super into music, but this is an amazing deep cut.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Crankshaft should be in a home, he's clearly a danger to himself and others and has been for years. But the community will humor this curmudgeonly old man until he blindly backs over a child and flees the scene of the accident, proud that he nailed another mailbox.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Minor pet peeve: the Smithsonian isn't a single museum, but rather several museums, two of which aren't even in DC.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Please do not underestimate The Bus's ability to be at all times and places at once.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

SuperKlaus posted:

The Bus 2: Busman Returns
Aw yeah new Bus! :dance:

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

"Hurray, I've got superpowers!" says the idiot child who can't get the hint that people are ignoring her for being an obnoxious little shithead.

Ugh, of course she's gonna blame her kids and tell them they can't be trusted. Lynn sounds so pissy at the idea of having to actually pay attention to her kids.

EBB posted:

Crankshaft should be in a home, he's clearly a danger to himself and others and has been for years. But the community will humor this curmudgeonly old man until he blindly backs over a child and flees the scene of the accident, proud that he nailed another mailbox.

Please don't give Batiuk any ideas for a Crankshaft x Funky Winkerbean misery fest crossover.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Can someone link me to the original Bus?

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Mikl posted:

Hey, thanks for posting Heathcliff again! I really like it :)

Thanks! It's so low-key compared to Everett but I like it.