Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Tythas posted:

The older sister sucks, and is actually not a good sister, she should also stop telling her sister about her hobbies

Or make up fake hobbies so she goes and does that.

"Oh, right now I'm into collecting venomous spiders and hitting myself with rocks."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Yeah I was prepared for that sister one to be pretty mild but uuuh there's no doubt it's malicious and deliberate and the older sister has serious issues.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

My [24F] boyfriend [26M] is a drug dealer.

Being a weed dealer isn’t really a big deal anymore, I guess the cocaine could be a problem but mostly this dude sounds like a great time

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Or make up fake hobbies so she goes and does that.

"Oh, right now I'm into collecting venomous spiders and hitting myself with rocks."

This is actually legitimately my advice; not dangerous poo poo, just completely off the wall stuff.
Pretend to get into furry art; brag about how you got some ears and are planning on getting a new fur-suit

Next week, tell her you're re-doing the garden and are putting a rock feature in, with the biggest rocks you can find, because that's what makes rock features impressive

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

TheMaskedUgly posted:

This is actually legitimately my advice; not dangerous poo poo, just completely off the wall stuff.
Pretend to get into furry art; brag about how you got some ears and are planning on getting a new fur-suit

Next week, tell her you're re-doing the garden and are putting a rock feature in, with the biggest rocks you can find, because that's what makes rock features impressive

Take up free climbing and hope the problem solves itself out :shrug:

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

WIBTA if I spent my weekend at a hotel eating pizza/watching Netflix?

quote:

My husband and I love camping and hiking. When we unexpectedly gained full custody of his children from a previous marriage, our habit of disappearing every other weekend into the woods had to stop. So we could both keep our sanity, we made a pact: each of us got to go by themselves (or with friends) 2-4 times a year. His daughters... do not enjoy being miles from a running tap or an iPhone charger :P so big family trips are out. These weekends are sacred to both of us; a chance to get away from everything and challenge ourselves in nature. Plus, the one who stayed home usually ‘goes easy’ on the one who went out on the Monday they return, handling most of the chores and childcare while the other recooperates.

This worked quite well for a few years, and then we had our own baby. Husband waited 10 months before going hunting with some buddies. Now it’s my turn. But I find I don’t want to go hiking as usual because

I’m exhausted like I’ve never been before. If I have a chance to get away, I honestly just want to recapture the days where I can play the Sims and eat pizza in my underwear, and no one needs me to do anything for them.
My body has changed. Almost a year of being at home with baby has lessened my strength and flexibility, added fat, and generally knocked me down a peg. My favourite haunts are up rocky hills and thick Bush (were in Australia) and for the first time I’m... scared, actually. My pack feels so heavy. The other month I slipped on the steps of the local mall and twisted my ankle, like an old lady :(
As you can probably tell, I feel kind of embarrassed about all this. I was thinking of telling my husband I was going hiking, but going to a nice hotel and chilling. But a girlfriend quickly pointed out that it would look like I was having an affair or something if the card showed a random hotel booking, and I do NOT need that. But I feel like he’ll feel put upon if he knows I’m just watching Riverdale eating BBQ wings, in a way he wouldn’t if I was sleeping on Mt Solitary, outside Katoomba.

WIBTA if I went for the more mundane reason?

I find this one charming, and I hope she gets to take her hotel trip

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

AITA for refusing to return the jeans I stole from the girl who I caught in bed with my boyfriend (ex)?

quote:

brand new account and throwaway for you guys.

So Tuesday of last week I made my now ex-boyfriend dinner. He's a paleo junkie and I really wanted to impress him so I skipped class to slice fennel with a razor blade in order to garnish the strip steak I made for him. Yeah I really, really (really) loved him. I decided it would be easier to cook the steak in his kitchen so I went over to his place early (I have a code and open invite). I walked in to find half eaten Dominoes pizza on the counter (remember I sliced fennel with a razor blade because he's so "dedicated" to paleo) and noises coming from the bedroom.

I walked in and he was absolutely plowing a good looking girl with a spectacular body. gently caress me for not eating pizza to impress him. I stood there in shock. She saw me over his shoulder first and started tapping furiously for him to get off. He turned around and hit me with the oh so classic "this isn't what it looks like!"

I was speechless and had no idea what to do but I saw her clothes hanging over his desk chair. Because apparently I'm a petty b!tch, the only thing I could think was I wanted her to have leave his apartment without pants. I don't know, it made sense at the time.

He came after me begging me not to overreact, I didn't say a word and took off to my car. In the days since he's gone from begging me to "be reasonable," to begging me not to break up with him and promising he'll never do it again.

The thing is, I love these jeans. Yes as a trophy of me being petty and at least ruining something of hers like she had he tag teamed to ruin my heart and self esteem. But they are also a super expensive brand, they look really good on me and I like wearing them.

So EX has gone from begging me to get back together with him to saying that me keeping the jeans is causing him "real problems." I don't give a slight poo poo about his problems but I sort of feel bad about keeping this girl's clothes.

So I'm asking...I know I'm petty...but am I an rear end in a top hat?

Edit: the plot thickens, I just woke up to following text:

"hi, Alyssa. This is the weirdest text I've ever written. I'm Madison and I was the girl in Aiden's room last week. I'm so, so, so sorry, I don't know how to say it other than that. The look on your face will haunt me for the rest of my life. Please believe me when I say I didn't know he had a girlfriend. I would have never been there had I known. You have every reason not to care, but this last year has been so hard for me, my dad died of pancreatic cancer in December and I'm struggling so hard and find myself making bad choice after bad choice which I how came to be in Aiden's room. The pants you have are the ones I bought the day before my dad died, he gave me "permission" to go treat myself and it's the last time I ever heard him call me by his pet name as in "pumpkin, please don't be afraid to get you want, buy your jeans." It would mean the world to me if you returned them to me. I know you've been hurt and I feel for you and I think Aiden is pure scum, all I want from him is getting my pants back. Please find it in your heart to return them to him or contact me directly. Thank you so much, Madison."

So I guess I have to give them back...I'm in tears here.

Edit 2: just woke Aiden up at 5:45 (on Org Chem test day too...gently caress him) with "what's Madison's last name?" He tried to give me the "who's Madison?" at first but then told him she texted me. He tried to talk me out of it but then relented so he could go back to sleep. So I looked her up on Facebook and it's pretty bare but she does have a "instamodel" sister who has all sorts of sad posts with like her holding her dads hand while has IV and then a somewhat touching insta memorial to her dad...so I'm thinking the text is not a lie.

Edit3: I just texted back and forth with her, we’re meeting at Starbucks at 9.

Edit4: (Wednesday evening—had tried to do a new post but mods suggested I just edit the op...so this is a cut and paste. Hope it makes sense I’m just starting on my second bottle of skinny girl so hope this makes sense) So wow, that first post got a ton of heat and I'm so thankful, really for the chance to get some input but also because a lot of you are very, very funny and I appreciated the laughs. I don't know what the overall verdict was but I'm ok to think I was being an rear end in a top hat in keeping the jeans.

So like many of you saw, the girl (Madison) texted me overnight telling me about why the jeans were important to her and asking if I would give them back. We texted back and forth a few times this morning and agreed we'd meet at the Starbucks by campus so I could return them. I got there and instantly recognized her and she got up and gave me a hug which I thought was very sweet (I'm a hugger too) and she had bought me like three different varieties of venti drinks to make sure she got one I liked (or as she admitted later, she was so nervous she didn't know what to do) which I also thought was very cool. I wasn't sure whether or not I even really wanted to talk with her but the coffee was enough entre to get me to sit down. I handed her the jeans and she was very thankful and again explained the story about her dad and teared up. Lots of people told me not to believe her but if she's lying, she's a sociopath because I could tell she was really upset by it. I did my best to comfort her which I hope was well received.

So as we got past that the only things I wanted to know were: how long had she known Aiden, did she know about me being his girlfriend and was she hoping to continue seeing him. She said they met when he and some friends went to her restaurant maybe a month ago and had been texting back and forth ever since, she said last Tuesday was the first time they'd met in person and she said she swore to god she didn't know he had a girlfriend. She said after I showed up Tuesday she was so disgusted she got dressed in her spare clothes (fat lot of good it did me to steal her jeans if my plan was to embarrass her) and left and didn't even process that her special jeans were gone until about a day later when she stared bugging him to get them back but she had no interest in seeing him. She said she was so frustrated with him stonewalling her had stopped by to get my number directly but he wouldn't even do that so she got it from his neighbor who happened to hear them arguing...she'd had my number since Sunday but was too nervous to text until yesterday.

Lots more happened and I can expand more in the comments but I think i'm running out of room...anyways so our plan is she is not going to tell him that I gave her the jeans back and start to demand he pay for them or buy her a new pair. When he does, she'll just give me the money or the jeans and then we'll give him the old..."thanks for the jeans but us adults already worked it out...toodles." Yes we are deceiving him but we both agree he deserves it. Like I said lots more details but running into the 3000 character limit so I can say more if anyone is interested. Thank you for being so invested in my life. I've felt pretty rejected since this all went down and will have a hole in my heart for a long time...the kindness of internet strangers really, really helped for a few hours

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

chitoryu12 posted:

My [24F] boyfriend [26M] is a drug dealer.

going to issue an ultimatum but would only like to accept one of the possibilities. thanks for your help

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Fitzy Fitz posted:

WIBTA if I spent my weekend at a hotel eating pizza/watching Netflix?

I find this one charming, and I hope she gets to take her hotel trip

NTA go for it.

chitoryu12 posted:

AITA for refusing to return the jeans I stole from the girl who I caught in bed with my boyfriend (ex)?

This one was posted before when it was fresh and it was a great ride. People were suggesting turning the jeans into shorts and poo poo lol.

Anyway the update seemed weird but she did the right thing by returning the jeans in the end.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Haifisch posted:

My [M 25] Future Father in Law [M 50+] is angry that I didn't invite him to my Bachelor Party

My wife got pretty irritated when I categorically refused to invite her brothers along on mine. We weren't planning on getting up to anything, they're just several years younger than me and I didn't (at that time) know them very well.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
re:bad sister

I'm not completely convinced that she's doing it intentionally. It sounds like she's the jealous type or overly competitive, and is hyper focused on proving herself as the "better" one. She's still a poo poo sister though because she's so obsessed with trying to 1-up her sister that she's forgetting that she bears some responsibility as a family member to be supportive. I'll bet anything that she pulls the same poo poo on her friends.

I've known a few people like that, and it's always fun watching them backpedal when you say "Sorry I wasn't aware this was a loving competition".

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

AITA for wanting my daughter’s boyfriend/soon-to-be fiance to know her dark secret before marriage?

quote:

I’m the dad of a 25 year old young woman who I love very much. I’ve been able to have a good relationship with my daughter and I enjoy my time with her, but there’s one thing about her that would give many people pause - she is a diagnosed sociopath.

She exhibited odd, disturbing behavior at a young age, and after a serious incident of abuse towards her younger sister, I realized she needed professional help. Throughout her elementary years she struggled heavily, getting in lots of trouble in school for lying, cruelty and all other types of misbehaviors. With an enormous amount of therapy & support, her bad behavior was minimized as she grew older. She received an ASPD diagnosis at 18, and I had suspected it for long prior.

After her aggressive behavior was tamed, her following years were much more fruitful. She’s law-abiding; has a decent job and a good education; and has many good friendships and admirers. Especially male admirers; she is very, very charming and adept at attracting guys and maintaining their interest. She uses that old dating guide “The Rules” like a Bible. She currently has a boyfriend of about a year and a half who’s crazy about her, and who I have a very strong relationship with (we live in the same area and spend time together regularly). He is a great guy, very kind, funny and intelligent.

But I doubt she loves him. We’ve had some very honest, in-depth discussions about her mental health since her diagnosis, and she’s been open with me that she doesn’t feel love or empathy towards anyone, even family. When she acted very sad and broken up over the death of one of her closest friends at the funeral, she confessed to me privately that it was all a put-on, and that she felt “pretty neutral” about the whole thing. She has also stated she has never once felt guilty about anything she’s ever done, and doesn’t know what guilt feels like. While she enjoys being around her boyfriend and is sexually attracted to him, I highly doubt she feels much of anything towards him love-wise.

Her boyfriend (who might propose soon) has no idea about her diagnosis, and she’s been very upfront with me that she has no plans to ever tell him, thinking it’ll scare him away. I’ve made it clear to her that she needs to tell him the truth before they marry; that he has the right to know and consider it; or I will; to which she always responds, “I know you wouldn’t dare.” I actually would - I really like and respect this young man, and would feel awful keeping this “secret” from him, and letting him walk into a marriage without this piece of knowledge.

I’m not trying to sabotage my daughter’s future. Maybe her boyfriend’s love of her personality and other aspects is enough that it won’t end the relationship. It’s his decision to make; but he deserves all the facts. Someday he’s bound to find out she’s a bit “off”; it can’t be kept a secret forever. AITA?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA For Saying That A Name Sounds Like It Would Be For A Specific Race

Hi guys, obligatory 'first time post' comment and sorry if I've broken any of the community rules. I just would like your opinion on whether or not I was in the wrong. If I am deemed the rear end in a top hat, I will definitely apologize after. Here goes...

This morning, I was talking with a coworker about her plans for later in the day. She said she was going to do an activity with a new date she met through an online dating app. She mentioned that her date's name was Kai. And I responded with something along the lines of: 'That sounds like an Asian or Hispanic name'. And I mentioned those races because I know people who are Asian and Hispanic that have that name. It was probably not a good call to say that in hindsight...

Immediately after that comment, she called me out for saying something racist. Her date was not from one of those races. And she mentioned my very Western/Anglo first name did not give any hints to my actual race either. I believe she was actually offended by what I said since she was a little cold to me after.

Am I the rear end in a top hat for mentioning the name thing? I do feel very conflicted and bad now. So I'd like some unbiased insight.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

chitoryu12 posted:

AITA for wanting my daughter’s boyfriend/soon-to-be fiance to know her dark secret before marriage?

You will be inviting hell upon yourself but if you stre prepared for that and your only motivation is the wellbeing of this young man then go for it.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for not warming up to this white guy at work trying to relate to me by my ethnicity?

So he's a ~ mid 40 white dude working full time at the tech company I'm interning at.

He's nice to everyone, always making imo pretty corny jokes that often don't fit the scenario. I can tell he wants to be liked and he wants to be helpful. He's treated all the interns to lunch before and that was nice of him.

So background, he is married to a black woman. It's his second marriage and hers as well. Every time he talks to me one on one, he relates it back to his somehow - or comes at it with his knowledgeable perspective since he is married to a black woman himself. Like he's told me my figure and build was just like his wife's, taller and slender. Or trying to relate and talk about one of my hairstyles with me (boxbraids for y'all who know) and the price of getting them done vs. doing them yourself.

I give pretty obvious hints I'm not interested in these sort of conversations, like never responding more than I have to and not asking any questions to make it 2 way. He doesn't pick up on it. Before I start giving even stronger hints, am I the rear end in a top hat?

I know he's trying to relate to me, but being one of the only black people in my office I don't want to be related to this kind of way. It just bothers me and I literally avoid him

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA For Saying That A Name Sounds Like It Would Be For A Specific Race

Hi guys, obligatory 'first time post' comment and sorry if I've broken any of the community rules. I just would like your opinion on whether or not I was in the wrong. If I am deemed the rear end in a top hat, I will definitely apologize after. Here goes...

This morning, I was talking with a coworker about her plans for later in the day. She said she was going to do an activity with a new date she met through an online dating app. She mentioned that her date's name was Kai. And I responded with something along the lines of: 'That sounds like an Asian or Hispanic name'. And I mentioned those races because I know people who are Asian and Hispanic that have that name. It was probably not a good call to say that in hindsight...

Immediately after that comment, she called me out for saying something racist. Her date was not from one of those races. And she mentioned my very Western/Anglo first name did not give any hints to my actual race either. I believe she was actually offended by what I said since she was a little cold to me after.

Am I the rear end in a top hat for mentioning the name thing? I do feel very conflicted and bad now. So I'd like some unbiased insight.

Kai is a Greek name lol

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

chitoryu12 posted:

Wtf did this turn into, Sisterhood of the Travelling Hoodrat Pants?!

Totally NTA if she chose to keep them.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Yeah, but have you heard of Cobra Kai? A bunch of golden surfer boys.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

AITA for calling my friend a racial slur?

quote:

I fall under the autism spectrum (I can still fit in well with most people and talk relatively normally but I have some problems with small simple things) and my friends make fun of me for it. I know they’re joking but they do it constantly, pretty much every day and it does bother me. Anyways we got into a conversation about music. I like a lot of 70’s rock but my black friend likes a lot of rap. I let him talk about the music he likes and I listen to him talk and respectfully said some along the lines of “while I don’t like rap, I’m glad you enjoy.” Then he asks me what I like and I said 70’s rock. He then says in a moc-voice with an overly exaggerated lisp “oh I’m landon I’m autistic and special because I like old music.” Knowing he was joking I said “I’m [insert fake name] I’m a ni**a who likes to smoke weed while listening to rap.” He then got really offended by it and posted a sob-fest video in his Instagram saying I was a racist rear end in a top hat. Sorry for the long rant

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for not calling my students by their last name.

Recently we got a new student in our school. His family is from Spain but moved to Argentina. I was excited but then I saw her last name, Boluda. Now in Spain that is a normal last name, but in Argentina Boluda is a curse word ( it means idiot or stupid ).

This obviously caused problems, every time I call her people think I’m insulting her, their classmates laugh when I say her last name ( I need to say her last name every morning when I take the presence of every student ), and now my students insulte each other and when I tell them not to they say “ I wasn’t cursing I was calling [ her name ]”.

I spoke to the parents and told them I would have to call her by her second last name. They were really angry about it, they told me I couldn’t prohibit her daughter from using her last name. I know it may be bad but her name is causing a lot of problem in the class and I fear that their classmates will bully her because of it.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

chitoryu12 posted:

AITA for calling my friend a racial slur?

new cumtown character “racist autistic guy”

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

AITA for helping to prank my daughter's husband with a macabre dark-web mystery box?

quote:

This was a long-running April Fool's prank that went too far, but I don't see the response as equal to the injury.

Our daughter came to us, asking if we would help with a dark-web mystery box charade that she wanted to play on her husband. This was inspired by many of the YouTube 'unboxing' videos that you see, with the same theme. We agreed, and she told her husband earlier in the month that she'd purchased one from a dark-web marketplace. (This would be unlikely, if you knew her.) She said she wanted to make a YouTube video of the unboxing.

Over the following week, my wife and I collected some creepy items to put in the 'mystery box':

- We grilled steaks, and put bloody butcher's paper in a zip-lock bag, with some cheap earrings.

- We put a chunk of fat from the steak in a sealed bottle.

- We put our daughter's baby teeth in a little pouch.

- We added some metallic 'murder weapon-y' thing.

That's the gist of it. Then we drove out of state and mailed it. It was 'supposed' to go to her work address, but we mailed it to her home address, as it was creepier.

Over the next ten days, the husband was increasingly nervous about the whole affair. My wife and I don't live near them, so we didn't see this firsthand. Our daughter and her husband work opposite shifts, too, so they weren't spending time together. Eventually the box arrived, and it sat for a day in their kitchen, until they had a chance to open it together. We thought it would be sooner than it was, fwiw.

Understand, my wife loves creepy things. She was very eager to have them open it. Her enthusiasm got the best of her, I think, and we definitely went too far by sending 'creep' emails to the daughter and the husband from a throw away account. Nothing NSFW, but kind of lewd.

Last night was the great unboxing, and the husband was accepting this thing as the real deal. He was getting more and more freaked out, so we told him, it was just a ruse.

He was furious. We immediately realized that it had gone too far, and we were quick to acknowledge and accept responsibility for that, but he wouldn't even hear it. He flew into a rage, verbally abusing our daughter. His mother was angry texting my wife.

Our daughter had to go to a hotel. He punched a hole in their door. Her credit card wouldn't work, so we suspect that he took her name off of their joint account. His father wrote to the daughter and said that if my wife and I were behind this, he wants nothing to do with us ever again.

My wife is sick with regret, but we never anticipated this response. Apart from apologizing, what do we say? 'April Fool'? We're genuinely sorry, but his reaction seems so over-the-top. The harsh criticism coming from his parents, supportive and compassionate to the husband, seem to validate what we see as his overreaction. We fully expect this to end their marriage.

So, are we the assholes?

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

chitoryu12 posted:

AITA for helping to prank my daughter's husband with a macabre dark-web mystery box?

That couple sounds cool

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

AITA for bringing up my BF's former best friend turned murderer?

quote:

I've been dating my BF for 2 years now. One of his friends he claimed to be his best friend (let's call him John) is someone I know he spoke often of and thought very highly of him. They grew up through middle school, went to the same university, lived together for 3 years. John dropped out of university in his final year and wanted to pursue something else. The two stayed in touch through email, text, and Facebook. Anytime John was visiting his folks back home, my BF would make it a priority to also visit back home to hangout with him. One year ago, John went no contact out of no where. My BF would still run into his parents every now and then when he was visiting his parents, and would try to get a pulse check on how he was doing, asking them to let John know he said "hi", and all that stuff.

About 3 months ago, one of their mutual friends sent a news story to him and when he read it, it turned out that John had been arrested for two murders. It was the first time I saw him break down and cry. He was blaming himself a lot for "missing the signs" and how he should've been there to help him get through his struggles. He seemed fine the following day and he said something along the lines of just looking to "move on".

Last night, we were going out to meet some of my friends that were in town for dinner. 5 minutes into the drive, he was asking for some background information on my friends (he always gets confused on who is who, what are they doing, etc.). And I happened to make a offhand comment like "She's one of my best friends like John."

This totally killed his mood. He turned off the music, went totally silent, and you could tell he was doing everything he could to hold himself back from going off. I asked him "Did I say something wrong?" and he gave me an aggressive response saying "Why would you bring him up?" and that's when it clicked that I had mistaken John for someone else. I tried to apologize to him and was now saying bad things about him, how he never wanted to hear his name again. I retorted back by saying "You don't even remember my friends name" and he responded back by saying "I would if one of them ended up becoming a murderer."

The rest of the dinner with my friends felt off. You could tell his mood was soured and he just used the excuse of working long hours and how he was tired. He didn't say much to me after coming home, he went to bed, woke up early, and left.

I don't think I made a mistake. I think he overreacted. And I find it hypocritical that he expects me to remember his friend's name when he can't bother to remember my friends and their names. I feel like 3 months should be more than enough time to digest the bad news he got. I guess I just want to hear from you guys. Did I mess up? AITA?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

goethe.cx posted:

Kai is a Greek name lol

I know a Dutch and a Hawaiian person with that name too.

It might be the whitest name in the world.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I(17f) ran away from home to be with my older boyfriend (26m), didn't tell anyone, but now bf is being creepy/posessive.

quote:

I was getting assaulted at home, and when I spoke up about it, "they knew." So ig they didnt care at all. I was afriad and getting hurt, and this whole time they KNEW.

I told my then-online bf about it all (he knew about the abuse.) And he said I could live with him. I've known him for about 7 months and we really love each other. He said that he couldnt stand that i was getting assulted at home but always hoped that on my own I would tell, but now that I did and it didnt matter, I needed to get away before I am forcibly pregnant.

I didn't tell anyone where I went, but I did pack some of my poo poo and my laptop. I have an unlocked phone so he said we needed to get a new sim and I'm on his plan now.

Fast forward 2 months. He's been super clingy. He wont let me leave the house without him and I never did because I dont know the area but he added a padlock to the bedroom door and said it was to keep me safe from my family while he is at work. Now he took my phone away and said I didnt need it because I had wifi. I told him that sometimes i like to have a smaller screen at night to browse reddit or read comics, and so he got me a kindle. I really dont like having a phone. I feel like I am a bitch for doubting us but I felt safe having a phone.

I feel bad for comparing but I cant tell what is worse. He doesn't hurt me or make me do anything I don't want, but sometimes I feel like I would feel safer at home. Everything I say he always has an excuse or a pity party about trust issues. I'm not going to leave him, but I feel smothered. This is what I asked for though. I am glad that I dont have to go back to school where I was getting bullied, and he plays video games with me everynight, even when he is tired and lets me pick out what movie, comic, or game to do together.

the creepy stuff...
Okay so I am half Asian, and I know he likes Anime and so do I, but I am Chinese/Thai, not Japanese, but he keeps telling me to just pretend. He bought a lot of cute clothes for me and I love them, but now he has bought lingere and changed up the bedroom. I really like everything hes been getting us. Our room is very cute but I feel like something is wrong. The room is ours, it has all these stuffed animals, mirrors, floral and light stuff, and also has his stuff too like his books and figurines and stuff. All that is fine but I feel creeped out. All of the stuff is stuff I like, like cute pastel goth sweaters, skirts, uniforms ect, but the way he looks at me I start to feel very self conscious.

He talks about how cute and small I am and I used to love that poo poo, but I feel creeped out now. I feel awful because he is protecting me, and I am repaying his kindness by having mean feelings :c

I am allowed to leave the house, but he wants to be there with me but gets home really late and says he is too tired to go out. I really want to shop but he said we can just order it online. Whenever I say something like oh, I need my vitamins (gummy probiotics) he will pay $40 for a $15 item just so we can get it off Amazon Prime when Target is just a 15 min drive and open.

He just wants to make me happy and I dont know how to be a better girlfriend to him. I dont know the area, I don't know how to drive, and I am a state away from home (now in a desert.)

I havent told anyone yet, he has my discord info and is friends with my other friends. I feel stuck and homesick, and I dont know how to tell him.

This was posted 9 hours ago. I'm gonna hope it's fake and she's not so dumb as to think being padlocked into the bedroom all day is fine.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

chitoryu12 posted:

e's not so dumb as to think being padlocked into the bedroom all day is fine.

On the other hand, she IS a teenager--a literal child, so it's possible.

YMB
Nov 8, 2009

in an unceremonious way

chitoryu12 posted:

I(17f) ran away from home to be with my older boyfriend (26m), didn't tell anyone, but now bf is being creepy/posessive.

This was posted 9 hours ago. I'm gonna hope it's fake and she's not so dumb as to think being padlocked into the bedroom all day is fine.

"Dumb" is a pretty crude word to describe someone who escaped abuse as a child and then landed in more, while... still a child. Someone who has been abused their entire childhood doesn't always have the tools to understand what "normal" is.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for not warming up to this white guy at work trying to relate to me by my ethnicity?

So he's a ~ mid 40 white dude working full time at the tech company I'm interning at.

He's nice to everyone, always making imo pretty corny jokes that often don't fit the scenario. I can tell he wants to be liked and he wants to be helpful. He's treated all the interns to lunch before and that was nice of him.

So background, he is married to a black woman. It's his second marriage and hers as well. Every time he talks to me one on one, he relates it back to his somehow - or comes at it with his knowledgeable perspective since he is married to a black woman himself. Like he's told me my figure and build was just like his wife's, taller and slender. Or trying to relate and talk about one of my hairstyles with me (boxbraids for y'all who know) and the price of getting them done vs. doing them yourself.

I give pretty obvious hints I'm not interested in these sort of conversations, like never responding more than I have to and not asking any questions to make it 2 way. He doesn't pick up on it. Before I start giving even stronger hints, am I the rear end in a top hat?

I know he's trying to relate to me, but being one of the only black people in my office I don't want to be related to this kind of way. It just bothers me and I literally avoid him

Whoooo if I had a goddamn nickel every time this happened I’d be able to go hog wild at a dollar tree. Lighting a candle for this OP.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

quote:

. Like he's told me my figure and build was just like his wife's, 

Any guy who says this to any woman is a creep who's feeling her out for an affair

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

chitoryu12 posted:

This sounds like the other side of a story posted a few weeks ago, but I can't seem to find it.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Dear Prudence: My neighbor feels entitled to my breast milk

quote:

I have lived in the same apartment building as “Tara” for two years, but we have never been more than acquaintances. We started talking more when we both got pregnant, although still casually. I saw Tara a few days after she gave birth and asked her how things were going. She burst into tears and told me that she didn’t think she would be able to breastfeed. She sounded so heartbroken about not nursing (with comments like “my baby is unlucky to have me for a mother”) that I offered to give her a few of my stored bags of breast milk to at least ease her mind. She enthusiastically agreed, and later that day I dropped off four bags of milk. The next morning I had more than a dozen texts from Tara, wanting to set up a schedule for me to drop off more milk. The texts made it clear that she expected me to provide her with enough breast milk to feed her daughter exclusively. I tried offering excuses, none of which she would accept. If I said I didn’t think I could produce enough milk for two babies, she replied that mothers of twins do it all the time. If I said I didn’t want to spend any more time pumping or nursing, she said I could pump on one breast while feeding my son on the other. When I didn’t give in, she started texting me pictures of her crying daughter with captions like “Harper is so sad that her bottle has yucky formula! She misses her yummy breast milk!” I don’t know what to do. Tara won’t stop texting me, and I’m worried that if I block her number she will start coming to my apartment to confront me in person. My wife and I do not have the ability or desire to move, but I can’t live with this. What can I do?

quote:

So this is … absolutely beyond out of line, and before you block her number, you need to make it clear with Tara just how unwelcome her behavior is: “These messages are totally inappropriate and need to stop. I will not talk to you about this again.” I’d recommend looping your landlord into the conversation if she starts showing up at your doorstep; my guess is that your landlord does not want someone harassing their tenants for loose breast milk any more than you do. You don’t need to move, but you do need to make peace with the idea that Tara is not going to be happy. As long as you get what you need (peace and quiet) it doesn’t matter if Tara thinks you’re the cruelest, most unfeeling mother in the world—she’s an unreasonable person with deranged expectations and horrifying judgment.

Anyone who hears, “I’m sorry. I can’t give you any more of my breast milk” and counters with “But mothers of twins do it all the time!” instead of “Oh my God, I’ve made myself a nightmarish imposition on a very friendly person and need to apologize and leave the room immediately” is not a person whose good opinion you should solicit or whose approval you should worry about. Tell her to never text you again, then block her number. If she tries to make you feel guilty when she sees you in person, decline to feel guilty. Her baby is FINE (formulawise, at least); you are not actually hurting her in any way, and she has lost the right to engage you in neighborly conversation. Tell your wife and friends if you’re worried Tara is going to start hassling them next. If you see her on your way to your front door and she tries to wave you over, don’t talk to her. The idea is to stop getting into negotiations with Tara where she thinks the two of you are having a free-flowing exchange of ideas about parenting. You two aren’t friends suffering from a disagreement; you’re neighbors, and she happens to be a terrible one. No, it’s not fun to walk past someone who makes giant weepy eyes at you because you won’t give her your bodily fluids, but it’s certainly better than reading her texts.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

DemoneeHo posted:

Dear Prudence: My neighbor feels entitled to my breast milk

*urge to climb soap box rising*

The breast is best crowd is loving unhinged and the mommy culture around it is the loving worst I'll leave it at that.

e: I will fight you irl if you disagree with my very correct opinion.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

My (F/21) boyfriend (M/23) is on Incel and MGTOW forums and subreddits

quote:

Info: Throwaway account because my boyfriend knows about my reddit account and I think he would see it.

Hi reddit, as the title suggests, I recently discovered my boyfriend is in MGTOW and incel forums and I don't know what to think about it. I am, by the way, not a feminist.

So, a few days ago my laptop died because my charger for it broke. I really had to get something done for work (I don't work morning shifts, I work shifts on the afternoon). So because I couldn't use my laptop, I called my boyfriend and asked if I could use his, I also texted him but he didn't answer me. In my rush and frustration, I grabbed his laptop to finish it. Because he didn't have the program I needed, I had to go in his browser and download it.

While opening his browser, it automatically opened the tabs he was on as well, so it was really hard to not see it. He was on an incel forum. I know what an incel is, so I was shocked he was looking at a forum like this. First I thought, "hey, maybe he was just curious", but no. I checked his account and he was posting there quite often.

There were some posts in these forums, like people saying they think that rape isn't that bad, that women are inferior to men, that all of them are gold diggers and only love you for material reasons. That the only reasons to keep women in society is as s*x slaves and to give birth and cook. In a lot of these posts, he was agreeing with the posts and he even made some of these posts as well. Saying that women are all gold diggers and trash.

This got me so upset that I looked at his browser history (I know, it's not good. But I was hoping that he was on this website to troll and wanted to see if this was the only website). But no, he was also on a subreddit called "MGTOW" where a lot of people are saying that "all women only want your wallet" etc. The thing is, this was all on an account that I didn't know about. He is on these websites almost every day according to his browser history, for several months. That's why I think it's not a troll.

I don't know what I'm supposed to think now. Does my boyfriend think of me as an object? He's always been respectful towards me. I'm so scared, a lot of these posts were really aggressive and offensive. We've been dating for 2 years, we split the rent,, we help each other financially. But now I'm completely crushed by what I read. Things my boyfriend is agreeing to, and even aggressive posts he is doing as well. Should I confront him about this? I'm so confused by this thing. It completely destroys how I see him.

I need some thoughts from people... thank you

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Renegret posted:

The breast is best crowd is loving unhinged and the mommy culture around it is the loving worst I'll leave it at that.

Breastmilk is very nutritious for babies but formula is just fine, it's like, specifically designed to be just fine, a lot of work has gone into it to make sure it's got everything babies need.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

PetraCore posted:

Breastmilk is very nutritious for babies but formula is just fine, it's like, specifically designed to be just fine, a lot of work has gone into it to make sure it's got everything babies need.

You gotta make sure it's actual formula though.

I'd love/hate to know the back story of why this is on my bottle of coffee creamer:

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for excluding my former best friend from my bachelorette party?

So I (25F) am getting married this October. Choosing my wedding party was tough because I had 3 really close friends growing up. One of them (Caty), was basically my best friend all throughout school. Caty, me, and our friend Lauren did everything together in high school. Later on, we became really close with Lauren's friend Anna as well. Caty and I were still close in college, but since then we've sort of drifted apart since we both went to grad school in different states. I see Lauren and Anna more frequently because they live close to me, but I don’t see Caty outside of planned get togethers. As a result, when I got engaged last fall, I asked Lauren and Anna to be in the wedding (Lauren’s the MOH), but I didn't ask Caty.

I didn't really think anything of it, but a couple months later, Lauren asked me if I'd talked to Caty. I said I hadn't and Lauren (gently) said that I should at least reach out to Caty since no one really understood why I’d excluded her from the bridal party. So I called Caty, we talked and she seemed really understanding about the wedding party. I also told Caty that she was really the only non-bridal party friend I wanted at the bachelorette party, but explained that I was afraid of drama with my cousin if I opened it up beyond the bridal party (my cousin’s a drama queen). It was easier to just say “bridal party only.” Caty said that if I wanted her to be there, she would love to come and I told her I hadn’t decided yet but I’d tell her when I did.

The more I thought about it, the more I realized that I didn't want Caty to feel more left out because she would be the only one in the bachelorette party who wasn’t in the wedding. So I told Lauren to go ahead planning the bachelorette party and to keep it wedding-party only. The thing is...I never actually told Caty I decided not to invite her.

So yesterday was my bridal shower and Caty, Anna and Lauren were all there. Later that night, we were hanging out at Lauren's house and Anna started talking about the bachelorette party. I guess she didn't know that Caty wasn't invited and assumed Caty was invited and going. Lauren was looking at me kind of panicked, but I didn't want to call attention to it and make it more awkward, so Anna kept talking about how much fun the bachelorette party was going to be. Caty didn't say anything, but eventually, she excused herself and when she came back, her eyes were really red. Still, she didn’t bring it up when she drove me home later so I figured she was probably fine.

So: AITA for not inviting her to the bachelorette party, and not telling her that she wasn't invited? I figured if she was there it would just be extra awkward because she'd be the only one not in the bridal party. But Caty didn't do anything wrong and I feel bad that she had to find out because Anna brought it up.

Edit: wow, ok, I get it. ITA. I can be pretty oblivious and I honestly didn’t think we were close anymore so I didn’t think she would care (also, with my cousin - I was at her bachelorette party so I wanted to be able to draw a clean line for why I wasn't opening up the bachelorette party, but other than that, i have no defense. I just hate confrontation). Clearly, though, I hurt her a lot more deeply than I thought. I’m going to call Caty tonight and apologize. I’d do it face to face, but I live in Virginia and she lives on the West Coast, so it’ll have to be by phone.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

Renegret posted:

but how will alpha moms be able to establish dominance if they can't criticize the lesser moms in a way that simultaneously attacks their femininity and care for their child? :thunkher:

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.

Yeesh what an rear end-hole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for excluding my former best friend from my bachelorette party?

Ugh.

If I open it up to Caty, I'd have to open it up to everyone. Can't you see, I can't break these sacred traditions of excluding people and making up bullshit excuses for it.

I'd totally be fine with it if she said, "I just don't like Caty anymore." but this is just stupid in every way.