Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
The pace of the chapters seems to be designed to just sort of shuttle you from one to the next with no real breaks. Apart from the point where you start to pull the alliance together in the first place you tend to end up starting on Zakuul somewhere regardless of if you want to do that or you just want to cross the base to give someone some crates. Somehow it feels simultaneously more on rails and less guided.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Arquinsiel posted:

Is there a particular point in the story where it makes the most sense to do the Star Fortresses? It seems all my alliance alerts are for them anyway.

after KOTFE chapter...9? but before the others? that was the originally break in the content before the ~monthly chapter updates started coming out

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Well I知 trying this out again. Started at launch with Starfleet Dental but fell off after a few months.

Seems fun but kinda empty in the starting area? I only played through one storyline so the rest of that stuff is new to me. Do any of the expansions matter before you finish the story? I知 thinking of paying the 15 to unlock them, but I知 not sure if it値l change anything before I get out of the base game.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
You only need the expansions for post-50 content. I think you can subscribe once and get Hutt cartel/shadow of revan free? :shrug:

May wanna double check that.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

zelah posted:

Do any of the expansions matter before you finish the story? I知 thinking of paying the 15 to unlock them, but I知 not sure if it値l change anything before I get out of the base game.

since you're already a preferred player from playing during the early days, no. subscribing only gives you access to the higher-level expansion content. (It also gives the subscriber benefits of course, but those go away once your subscription ends.)

Khako posted:

You only need the expansions for post-50 content. I think you can subscribe once and get Hutt cartel/shadow of revan free? :shrug:

May wanna double check that.

You get Hutt Cartel, Shadow of Revan, and both Knights of The expansions, permanently. The only subscriber-only area is Section X, an old daily area and also where you get HK-47 as a companion. (Raids and ranked PVP are also subscriber only.)

You can also buy permanent access to Section X a la carte.

Cease to Hope fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jun 30, 2019

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

lol why is Section X still subscriber only

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
To get people to pay for HK-51 I guess?

Pryce
May 21, 2011

Cease to Hope posted:

The only subscriber-only area is Section X, an old daily area and also where you get HK-47 as a companion. (Raids and ranked PVP are also subscriber only.)

:actually: it's HK-51

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Pryce posted:

:actually: it's HK-51

Great Value™ brand HK.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

Medullah posted:

Great Value™ brand HK.

There's no value in spending all that time putting together a companion.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

XBenedict posted:

There's no value in spending all that time putting together a companion.
HK-51 remains my favourite general-purpose companion, though, and will likely remain so unless and until we can get an Ortolan buddy.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Sombrerotron posted:

HK-51 remains my favourite general-purpose companion, though, and will likely remain so unless and until we can get an Ortolan buddy.

I thought they took away his special powers, or do you just like his not-HK-47/50 aesthetic? Because really, the only thing unique about companions anymore are their aesthetics. (Which is how it should have been from the beginning! Aesthetics and story interaction. Quinn should have died and been replaced by a generic companion!)

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I really liked his little crisis of faith. It was an interesting examination of religion that I wasn't expecting from a murderbot fanservice character.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

part of me kind of misses gearing out companions really

even though it mostly sucked

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Warmachine posted:

I thought they took away his special powers, or do you just like his not-HK-47/50 aesthetic? Because really, the only thing unique about companions anymore are their aesthetics. (Which is how it should have been from the beginning! Aesthetics and story interaction. Quinn should have died and been replaced by a generic companion!)
Just his appearance and general demeanour these days, yes.

Berke Negri posted:

part of me kind of misses gearing out companions really

even though it mostly sucked
To be fair, you can at least still play dress-up with most of them.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Some of them really need you to play dress up. Ugly costumes....

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
You better not be poo poo talking my boy skadge

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Mako mostly. Skadge is terrible in other ways.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Though more-often-than-not, their KOTFE/ET outfits are better than what I'd dressed them in originally

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

HebrewMagic posted:

You better not be poo poo talking my boy skadge
Skadge does not wear a dress by default, so that must obviously be remedied immediately once he joins you.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
I'm sorry, are you suggesting Skadge wear clothes?

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Been a minute since I was in the groove, is Sith Jugg still a hilariously good dps doer or did they get around to making it pure tank

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Magmarashi posted:

Been a minute since I was in the groove, is Sith Jugg still a hilariously good dps doer or did they get around to making it pure tank

Jugg has always had both a Tank and DPS discipline.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Ossipago posted:

I'm sorry, are you suggesting Skadge wear clothes?
I understand that this is a controversial opinion, but yes.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Sombrerotron posted:

I understand that this is a controversial opinion, but yes.

On the other hand:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Patch notes for tomorrow -

quote:

The Nar Shaddaa Weekly Heroic Mission will no longer auto-complete upon pickup.

Well it was fun while it lasted. :D

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Nice two months before it becomes obsolete. Otherwise, 6 Pub chars taken to GC 300 doing nothing but logging in once a day to complete this mission.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Nice two months before it becomes obsolete. Otherwise, 6 Pub chars taken to GC 300 doing nothing but logging in once a day to complete this mission.

I stopped doing it a long time ago. Was just too much work.

I guess I should put together a new OP since the expansion is coming.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
What's the trick? Just taking the solo activity and getting the completion?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Arquinsiel posted:

What's the trick? Just taking the solo activity and getting the completion?

It only affected a few characters. My theory was you had to have completed the heroic weekly the same day they changed the Heroic missions back to daily in 2015.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Ah, okay. I didn't miss out by just not bothering so.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CWBBlWIurk

It's Scourge and Kira, apparently.

Pryce
May 21, 2011

Medullah posted:

I was promised some tears from this patch note and I have yet to see any.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Pryce posted:

I was promised some tears from this patch note and I have yet to see any.

I know I'm super upset. Now I'm wondering if you had left it out if there would be complaints.

Either way I feed on salty anger and I hunger

Pryce
May 21, 2011

Medullah posted:

I know I'm super upset. Now I'm wondering if you had left it out if there would be complaints.

Either way I feed on salty anger and I hunger

Here we go: https://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/cdz4lo/rip_quick_nar_shaddaa_command_points/

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

You buried the lead a few posts down.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
They sure do enjoy loving up the Conquest leaderboards.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

There's something really off-putting about this key art:

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
The composition is really bad and it looks like there are multiple different styles and materials used. TBH it looks like a fan work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
And it's definitely not the actual in-game loading screen art. I have no idea at all who that blonde guy with the glowstick is supposed to be.