Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

eat the soyrizo

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen

Randaconda posted:

eat the soyrizo

I will

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Before & after?

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

god i hope that's just chorizo out of the casing

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Tashilicious posted:

god i hope that's just chorizo out of the casing

kind of?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Lidl here is running American Weeks, a weeks in which you get American classic food. So naturally, I had to get several products, not all of which are in this photo.

This is what I got.

The hot dog

The pulled pork honey mustard

The long chilli cheese

The chilli cheese hot dog

They seem to think "chilli cheese" means "unholy yellow plastic nightmare that does not taste of chilli peppers whatsoever". The patties were the lowest quality I've had in decades. The hot dogs were an insult to sausages everywhere. The pulled pork was... actually not bad in comparison.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i feel like this is a hate crime against the american people

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Randaconda posted:

Good

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Randaconda posted:

the american people are a hate crime against the american people

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Randaconda posted:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

gschmidl posted:

They seem to think "chilli cheese" means "unholy yellow plastic nightmare that does not taste of chilli peppers whatsoever". The patties were the lowest quality I've had in decades. The hot dogs were an insult to sausages everywhere. The pulled pork was... actually not bad in comparison.

I think you've been away for far too long

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Iron Crowned posted:

I think you've been away for far too long

I'm not from the US (and thus comparing it to other Austrian food in quality), but I was told that in the US "chili cheese" means chili beans and cheese topping, not ... this.

immortalyawn
May 28, 2013

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

No blue bird or uncle remus?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

gschmidl posted:

I'm not from the US (and thus comparing it to other Austrian food in quality), but I was told that in the US "chili cheese" means chili beans and cheese topping, not ... this.

Nope, not if it's a "cheese product"

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

I found the equivalent for the current one. Alternatively this.

gschmidl has a new favorite as of 13:33 on Jul 2, 2019

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Lidl is hilarious and I love their themes. it's French this week!

I tried these a while ago.

That's not what a corn dog is, Lidl.

Corny dog, maybe though.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

gschmidl posted:

I found the equivalent for the current one.

jesus h. christ, this is the "country girls make do" of cuisine

"It is served without sauce or spices." just so matter-of-factly after that absolute rager of a first sentence

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

gschmidl posted:

Chili on a hot dog doesn't usually have beans, and it's not spicy. Spiced, but not spicy.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen

Hirayuki posted:

Chili on a hot dog doesn't usually have beans, and it's not spicy. Spiced, but not spicy.

Calling it chili is illegal if it doesn't have beans.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CLAM DOWN posted:

Calling it chili is illegal if it has beans.

fixed your typo

hth

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Is that a .... heart? A yam?

No, not the small pastry, wiseguy

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

The Bloop posted:

Hamhock, maybe?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

gschmidl posted:

Lidl here is running American Weeks, a weeks in which you get American classic food. So naturally, I had to get several products, not all of which are in this photo.

This is what I got.

The hot dog

The pulled pork honey mustard

The long chilli cheese

The chilli cheese hot dog

Dear lord. This is OG German Lidl's, I'm guessing?

I went to a Lidl's for the first time this weekend, and while they had some interesting finds, nothing like that.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

whoa-oh-oh-ohhhh, chili can be served with cheese

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

The Bloop posted:

Whole celeriac/celery root?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

LadyPictureShow posted:

I went to a Lidl's for the first time this weekend, and while they had some interesting finds, nothing like that.

Germany & Austria (maybe other countries?) although Germany has a bunch more stuff that looks way more edible.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

LadyPictureShow posted:

They do the same country themes in Finnish Lidls as well. Maybe not exactly the same, but a lot of the things that get posted itt are familiar to me.

I think the theme we currently have going on here is Greece, which means a bunch of supposedly fancy olive oils and stuff. Which is dumb because no one goes to Lidl if they want something fancy.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
https://i.imgur.com/npQhnPY.mp4

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I was expecting a few seconds of vomit at the end

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Dagen H posted:

Hamhock, maybe?
If you think about it "yam" + "heart" = "ham". Or "yeart," but we're not ready for that.

(I think it's a ham, too)

DariusLikewise posted:

I was expecting a few seconds of vomit at the end
You didn't get any? I sure did.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
I think Lidl meant “cheese with chilis in it” which I guess we would call jalapeño cheese or chile con queso.

Which I now want to put on soyrizo. Thanks, thread!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I've definitely heard it referred to as chili cheese. Either way it's still a liquid yellow plasticized cheese product with flecks of "peppers" in it.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I went to an LA Mart for the first time the other day, and picked up a lot of interesting things. I remember the Samyang noodles being brought up previously in the thread, so...

I'm not sure if the one in the middle is the 'hot' or 'incredibly hot' variety, and I'm curious about how the 'hot chickencheese' tastes, and that thing on the right is pumpkin grits with red beans which sounded interesting if nothing else.

I didn't buy it, but I'm the freezer section, they had (I think) Filipino ice cream, and two of the flavors were cheese, and Ube Kase; purple yam and cheese. Has any brace souls tried one of those before? They were $9, otherwise I would have gone for it just out of curiosity.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
I love both of those ice creams. Ube is a flavor of the month at a local mini-chain here (J. P. Licks, get it, fellow Massholes) and I am having it every time I go.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
The red ones are the regular "stupid spicy" not the 2x version but it is already enough.

The pumpkin grits with red beans sound awful but I'm sure they make them for a reason.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

angerbeet posted:

The red ones are the regular "stupid spicy" not the 2x version but it is already enough.

The pumpkin grits with red beans sound awful but I'm sure they make them for a reason.

I'll certainly report back to the thread on the pumpkin grits. I figure it's like a porridge, but we're all gonna find out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

LadyPictureShow posted:

I'll certainly report back to the thread on the pumpkin grits. I figure it's like a porridge, but we're all gonna find out!
I have two varieties of that brand of porridge: yours (pumpkin porridge with honey) and glutinous rice porridge with chestnut and red bean. I think somewhere I still have an abalone variety as well. The base for all of them is glutinous rice and rice flour, so they'll be like jook/congee/okayu.

I haven't tried any of them. :saddowns: No real reason! They look good. Maybe I don't want any of them to be gone. I do know they don't work well with my current diet.