Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Hey Suarez waking up is a pretty nice boost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Murmur Twin posted:

I have JT Realmuto, is there any reason to pick up Buster Posey?

No.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Chief McHeath posted:

Randomly checked and I have 5 of the top 25 overall players in my league. Plus seven others in the top-100.

Scherzer, #5, first round
JOSH BELL, #9, FA
Rendon, #14, fourth round
Hader, #16, ninth round
Muncy, #24, eleventh round

With an even distribution in a 12 teamer, you'd have an average of 8.3 top-100 players. Pretty pleased with that.

I looked and I have 4 of the top-25 (Yates just missed out at #27), and 8 more in the top-100. Only 3 of these players are hitters.

the_american_dream posted:

Hey Suarez waking up is a pretty nice boost.

I was considering trying to find his replacement, but these past 3 games have made me like him again.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

Murmur Twin posted:

I have JT Realmuto, is there any reason to pick up Buster Posey?

If you're trying to lose.

Or if you hate yourself.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Monday_ posted:

If you're trying to lose.

Or if you hate yourself.

Or play in a two Catcher league!

He has been better the past 5 games or so. But still no power. That seems gone forever now. 😞

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Buster Posey and Miguel Cabrera are hanging out in the 'our legs are so hosed we'll never hit for more than singles now' camp.

EDIT: Not sure if Jack Flaherty is just worth benching permanently or dropping at this point. What the gently caress.

Rand alPaul fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Jul 3, 2019

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yea I drafted him as a sleeper in every league and dropped in each a few weeks ago. Two 12s and a 10

Luckily I haven’t regretted it. Never feels great when someone immediately picks up your drop

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yordan Alvarez not getting starts in Colorado is making me sad.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Trade Kimbrel and get Thor ? We count W, K, ERA, WHIP, Holds, and Saves. That's a mash right?

coronaball fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jul 4, 2019

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

coronaball posted:

Trade Kimbrel and get Thor ? We count W, K, ERA, WHIP, Holds, and Saves. That's a mash right?

Yes

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
gently caress Kimbrel so much I swear

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Yikes. I hope that didn't scare away my trade partner!

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
I traded away Soto and Altuve for Yordan Alvarez and Verlander and now I have a gaping hole at second base. Any suggestions? Eric Sogard, Brian Dozier, Kevin Newman, Willy Adames, Cano are all available. Also would it be worth adding Luis Urias to stash for later?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Accident Underwater posted:

I traded away Soto and Altuve for Yordan Alvarez and Verlander and now I have a gaping hole at second base. Any suggestions? Eric Sogard, Brian Dozier, Kevin Newman, Willy Adames, Cano are all available. Also would it be worth adding Luis Urias to stash for later?

Why... would you do that

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Accident Underwater posted:

This is funny because I just picked up Altuve and Soto for Acuna Jr and Hiura. When I started reading the first few words of the first sentence I thought I found my friend’s SA account.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yasiel Puig is good.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Doltos posted:

Why... would you do that

I have hitting to spare. I haven't had any trouble weekly on offense without Altuve most of the year. I'm hoping Yordan and Soto is a wash. We have a 30 IP minimum and while I have probably the best bullpen I'm sinking my ERA and WHIP with garbage filler starts. Verlander fills the gap.

Anyway, I picked up Adames. I should have Chavis from waivers on Saturday to take 2b.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
so has my zach plesac experiment ended? he's been rocked two straight starts and he's not enough of a K pitcher like Canning where I'm content to try to power through a rough patch. What do we expect from him ROS?

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Why Edwin Diaz. Why

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

jabro posted:

I’m guessing Leukemia.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

jabro posted:

I’m guessing Leukemia.

gently caress.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Man that’s rough. Hopefully he comes out of this healthy as possible for him and his family

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Looking forward to the Rays waiting 5 days to put Alvarado on the IL.

BTW remember next week is 2 weeks on Yahoo H2H so don't blow through all your moves.

Schweinhund fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Jul 8, 2019

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

If you have a Guerrero Jr in a redraft league I might be looking into trading him if you believe in HR Derby history.

Edit: er, Joc Pederson too!

jabro fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jul 9, 2019

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

eno sarris just did an article on the athletic pointing out that the HR derby doesnt really hurt anyones second half production the way we think. everyone go out and find the nerd in your league who believes that the derby is a dinger slayer and trade for his derby men imo

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

jabro posted:

If you have a Guerrero Jr in a redraft league I might be looking into trading him if you believe in HR Derby history.

Edit: er, Joc Pederson too!

what history is that?

Aye Doc posted:

eno sarris just did an article on the athletic pointing out that the HR derby doesnt really hurt anyones second half production the way we think. everyone go out and find the nerd in your league who believes that the derby is a dinger slayer and trade for his derby men imo

oh, if it's this then yeah, it's a dumb narrative by people who don't know how things work.

They actually showed a thing on the statcast (aka good) broadcast last night that non-hrd participant all-stars actually "fall off" even harder than those that participate in the hrd. So you should definitely trade off your trouts and yelliches.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

IcePhoenix posted:

what history is that?

There have been talk of players that hit an extraordinary amount of home runs in the derby, especially in one round, having power slumps after the break. Most notably Josh Hamilton about 10 years ago. Might have been the coke though.

I mostly did that post as hyperbole but a case can be made I guess.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
Do I want Framber Valdez, Jaime Barria, or Logan Allen if I want to hold someone and not just spot start?

Accident Underwater fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jul 11, 2019

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Is Will Smith going to close for whoever he is dealt to? Someone offered me Tanaka for him in a H2H and I'm thinking of taking it. Of course, Tanaka will just end up injured to join Tailon, Kluber, Carrasco, etc on my bench

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Simpsons Reference posted:

Is Will Smith going to close for whoever he is dealt to? Someone offered me Tanaka for him in a H2H and I'm thinking of taking it. Of course, Tanaka will just end up injured to join Tailon, Kluber, Carrasco, etc on my bench

I would take that. He's likely ending up a setup man wherever he goes and you can snag Melancon or Moronta off the wire to get more Giants saves.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Simpsons Reference posted:

Most contenders have closers that aren’t giving up their spots. Maybe Minnesota but there’s been no word him going there.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

He could close for STL... maybe.

Can of Cloud
May 20, 2010
Any good stuff on TB prospect Nate Lowe?

I'm planning to drop Kingery, and some options available are: Nate Lowe, Pillar (he's been on a tear lately), Pollock, Keirmaier (mainly for SB), Mazara, or Chris Taylor.

Suggestions?

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
What's the consensus on Vlad Jr.? I want to buy low and was offered Vlad and Gerrit Cole for Bryant and Rosario. I love Cole and he'd be a huge get, but if Vlad is still taking time to adjust then it guts my offense a bit and leaves me thin at 3B with only Kingery as a backup. My other OFs are Bellinger, Brantley, Franmil, Robles, and Mercado, and my rotation right now is Snell, Strasburg, Kershaw, Bieber, Woodruff, and Sonny Gray. I'm pretty comfortably in first, but is this too good to pass up?

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Scherzer to the IL retroactive to the 10th.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

yourdadsbestfriend posted:

What's the consensus on Vlad Jr.? I want to buy low and was offered Vlad and Gerrit Cole for Bryant and Rosario. I love Cole and he'd be a huge get, but if Vlad is still taking time to adjust then it guts my offense a bit and leaves me thin at 3B with only Kingery as a backup. My other OFs are Bellinger, Brantley, Franmil, Robles, and Mercado, and my rotation right now is Snell, Strasburg, Kershaw, Bieber, Woodruff, and Sonny Gray. I'm pretty comfortably in first, but is this too good to pass up?

I'd pass, your pitching looks fine.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

jabro posted:

Most contenders have closers that aren’t giving up their spots. Maybe Minnesota but there’s been no word him going there.

there's absolutely been rumors of him coming to Minnesota lol

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

IcePhoenix posted:

there's absolutely been rumors of him coming to Minnesota lol

I’ve only heard the cards and dodgers lol

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Got offered goldschmidt for Greinke in yahoo 9 cat do i pull the trigger?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
German Marquez is a quality major league pitcher.