Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

DC Murderverse posted:

why did you post a screenshot of Christopher Lambert as Raiden

*hehhehhehheh*

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Davros1 posted:

*hehhehhehheh*

You forgot to say sorry.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

1stGear posted:

Cavill also posted the front view on his Instagram

It's not bad.
This dude is one of the worst actors ever permitted to be in a motion picture. Why not give the role to Mads Mikkelsen? Or, like, anyone else?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

This dude is one of the worst actors ever permitted to be in a motion picture. Why not give the role to Mads Mikkelsen? Or, like, anyone else?

Nah, he's good. I mean yea, he's no Mads but he's pretty good. I want a Man From U.N.C.L.E. sequel.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

He’s also fantastic in Mission Impossible.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Really. He seems to have the emotional range of a plank of wood.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Really. He seems to have the emotional range of a plank of wood.

What non comic book movies have you seen him in.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Does he perform worse in comic book movies?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

You don't know what you're talking about.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

It's reasonable to know an actor only from his starring roles in billion dollar blockbusters, imo. If Cavill is a great actor outside of those movies that's a fun bit of trivia and not something you should get mad at somebody for not knowing

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gripweed posted:

It's reasonable to know an actor only from his starring roles in billion dollar blockbusters, imo. If Cavill is a great actor outside of those movies that's a fun bit of trivia and not something you should get mad at somebody for not knowing

He's good in those too

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Basebf555 posted:

He's good in those too

But surely you understand that the Snyder DC movies are quite divisive. And your opinion of Cavill's performance in them is probably going to be the same as your opinion of the movies overall.

Most people are going to know of Cavill from the Snyder Superman movies, and the Snyder Superman movies elicit strong reactions in both directions. So "Henry Cavill is a bad actor" is a reasonable take from a general person. It might be an ill-informed take, but it's not a take that deserves getting angry about, imo.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gripweed posted:

But surely you understand that the Snyder DC movies are quite divisive. And your opinion of Cavill's performance in them is probably going to be the same as your opinion of the movies overall.

Most people are going to know of Cavill from the Snyder Superman movies, and the Snyder Superman movies elicit strong reactions in both directions. So "Henry Cavill is a bad actor" is a reasonable take from a general person. It might be an ill-informed take, but it's not a take that deserves getting angry about, imo.

Who's angry?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Vintersong seemed like he was about to throw a chair through a window

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

i wanna see this guys list of worst actors and where he places cavill

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Gripweed posted:

To be fair, the take was "one of the worst actors ever permitted to be in a motion picture" not just "is a bad actor". I think it's fine to have a strong counter to a strong declaration like that.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
A few weeks ago someone in the Ghostbusters thread posted that they thought Peter MacNichol was bad in GB 2, and I replied "you're nuts". I didn't mean it as a personal insult and the other poster didn't take it as one, we're just talkin movies here :shrug:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Gripweed posted:

Vintersong seemed like he was about to throw a chair through a window

You have some weak guidelines for what constitutes rage.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Peter MacNichol has been getting on my loving nerves for decades.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
“Vay am I dreeping weeth goo?”

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
How could Peter MacNicol get on anyone's nerves?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zANq9Dusk6Y&t=64s

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Why didn't they give this 35 year old man's stunt-filled heavy-action role to a 55 year old. What were they thinking.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

MikeJF posted:

Why didn't they give this 35 year old man's stunt-filled heavy-action role to a 55 year old. What were they thinking.

When Mads Mikkelson was 35 he was just playing gangsters in track suits in Danish crime movies, the entire image of him as some impeccably-dressed dreamboat is only some weird internet meme that took off over the past few years.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Sleeveless posted:

some weird internet meme

HANNIBAL was an adored television show and most people's introduction to Mads. Him being pictured as such is not weird, to do with the internet, or a meme.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

OTOH everyone should get their dumb rear end real familiar with the Pusher series.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

cvnvcnv posted:

HANNIBAL was an adored television show and most people's introduction to Mads. Him being pictured as such is not weird, to do with the internet, or a meme.

It's a great show but most people tend to be able to tell actors apart from the fictional characters they play whereas Fannibals seem to think that Mikkelsen is actually like that IRL when instead he's actually

flashy_mcflash posted:

OTOH everyone should get their dumb rear end real familiar with the Pusher series.
Wisdom.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

We don't need to cast Mads Mikkelsen in anything, it's already been confirmed that Death Stranding will have every kind of Mads

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1133869627216408577

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1089146322332995586

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

i wanna see this guys list of worst actors and where he places cavill
hes probably just below keanu imo

MikeJF posted:

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem

Sleeveless posted:

It's a great show but most people tend to be able to tell actors apart from the fictional characters they play whereas Fannibals seem to think that Mikkelsen is actually like that IRL when instead he's actually

Aww he looks like someone’s hot dad :3:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Hideo Kojima alt spotted.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Why am I drippings with goo?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

flashy_mcflash posted:

Hell yeah

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

Teen Gundam Go!

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

remigious posted:

Aww he looks like someone’s hot dad :3:

That's an airport photo though, kinda unfair to judge a person's style based on how they dress for a flight.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Basebf555 posted:

A few weeks ago someone in the Ghostbusters thread posted that they thought Peter MacNichol was bad in GB 2, and I replied "you're nuts". I didn't mean it as a personal insult and the other poster didn't take it as one, we're just talkin movies here :shrug:

He's one of the only worthwhile parts of that movie (other than insatiably horny Janine Melnitz). What's wrong with people?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Didn't see this posted anywhere yesterday:

I'd read the heck out of that Agatha Christie novel.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

So did everyone just turn on Rian Johnson because he made a bad Star Wars because Looper is loving great.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

TLJ is the only Rian Johnson/Star Wars film I like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Gripweed posted:

Yeah, I don't get the appeal of Robert DeNiro either. I thought he was terrible in Meet the Fockers.