Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Also also, Cap’s face is just straight up a bad face.

And he pays for that with his life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

If Cap's face is puffy, he should try putting some ice on it.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

They are definitely trying to evoke the feel of the MCU since the plot is directly lifted from Captain America: Civil War. And the first act of Endgame.

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe
Bruce Banner in the Avengers game is Mark Ruffalo from Avengers 1. There's not even any ambiguity, so saying they're not going for an MCU style is just loving bizarre.

I'm pretty sure I fought this Captain America in Metal Gear Solid 2. He was on roller blades and kept blowing poo poo up.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Captain America looks like Bob Parr but as in those terrible realistic depictions

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

This is probably the best look of Ultimate Alliance 3 and gave me the best understanding of what's new and what's the same and I didn't understand a loving word of the narrator because it's in Japanese.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqmydXsepN4

Vakal
May 11, 2008

RevKrule posted:

This is probably the best look of Ultimate Alliance 3 and gave me the best understanding of what's new and what's the same and I didn't understand a loving word of the narrator because it's in Japanese.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqmydXsepN4

I like how they just include classic Venom as a good guy.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

PS4 Spider-Man added the two Far From Home suits.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Open Marriage Night posted:

PS4 Spider-Man added the two Far From Home suits.

Oh, is that what that patch was? Cool. Kinda thought they'd save those for a sequel.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh, is that what that patch was? Cool. Kinda thought they'd save those for a sequel.

I almost feel bad for them in regards to the sequel, since they'll need to include so many costumes straight out of the box.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Double if Miles is playable, and Miles isn't a character who's had a lotta different looks.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Waffleman_ posted:

Double if Miles is playable, and Miles isn't a character who's had a lotta different looks.

Yeah, I can only think of a handful. Comic book suit, new one for the game (a la the one with the white spider logo), the spray painted one from the Spiderverse movie, just a normal hoodie from the same movie, and then I'm out of ideas.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The cheap costume he wears for most of Spider-Verse too.

Also, they still have the Amazing movie suit for Peter.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Waffleman_ posted:

The cheap costume he wears for most of Spider-Verse too.

Also, they still have the Amazing movie suit for Peter.

you mean it doesn't have a suit with sweatpants bottoms and bare feet already?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

site posted:

you mean it doesn't have a suit with sweatpants bottoms and bare feet already?

That's going to be my Halloween costume. Currently working on the beer belly (for authenticity).

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also seeing as the black suit is most likely going to be in the sequel as a plot thing, I wonder if they'll redesign that as well.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Ultimate Alliance 3 showed off some of its DLC.

Loki is an unlockable who I think is just in the base game? Cyclops and Colossus are free DLC and not part of the X-Men pack coming later, and Marvel Knights is the first part of the paid DLC.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Morbius? Anything really goes at this point, huh.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Samuringa posted:

Morbius? Anything really goes at this point, huh.

Makes sense what with the movie planned.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Game Informer's review gave it a 7, citing some rough production and gameplay elements.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Waffleman_ posted:

Game Informer's review gave it a 7, citing some rough production and gameplay elements.

I doubt anyone was expecting a new UA to be a 10. Interested to see the goon couch co-op reviews.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Lobok posted:

I doubt anyone was expecting a new UA to be a 10. Interested to see the goon couch co-op reviews.

A friend of mine and I played through Ultimate Alliance 2 over 2 or 3 weekends and we loved it, had fond memories of yelling "FUUUUUSIONNNNN" repeatedly. It was definitely my favorite game of the time. When it was released for PS4 we picked it up again and couldn't figure out why we thought it was so great, because it's terrible. Then we remembered the difference between now and 10 years ago - lots and lots of booze

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Some gameplay footage of the Square Enix Avengers game has leaked from SDCC, it doesn't look great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6b_uE9CDG4

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Dan Didio posted:

Some gameplay footage of the Square Enix Avengers game has leaked from SDCC, it doesn't look great.

Honestly that looks fine for an on the rails beatemup. I like that Thor’s hammer pins people to things until he calls it back.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dan Didio posted:

I dunno, picking up someone and then bashing other people with them as Hulk looked fun.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Codependent Poster posted:

I dunno, picking up someone and then bashing other people with them as Hulk looked fun.

There's a better game for that.

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

I like that Thor’s hammer pins people to things until he calls it back.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Dan Didio posted:

That looks like it might be the best PS2 game to come out this year!

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Dan Didio posted:

GoW for both?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hulk Ultimate Destruction is still the best Hulk game.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Medullah posted:

That looks like it might be the best PS2 game to come out this year!

This is the conclusion I've come to as well. It looks so mediocre. The fighting has no real flow to it for any of the characters shown. All the game play looks like what you'd see in a game that would've excited me 10 years ago. It looks like it's all so slow and sloppy now.

RevKrule fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Jul 19, 2019

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Medullah posted:

Hulk Ultimate Destruction is still the best Hulk game.

Bingo.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Medullah posted:

A friend of mine and I played through Ultimate Alliance 2 over 2 or 3 weekends and we loved it, had fond memories of yelling "FUUUUUSIONNNNN" repeatedly. It was definitely my favorite game of the time. When it was released for PS4 we picked it up again and couldn't figure out why we thought it was so great, because it's terrible. Then we remembered the difference between now and 10 years ago - lots and lots of booze

Yeah, UA2 was a bad game. The first one was pretty fun tho.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I just read a review that says UA3 has a bunch of stat management bullshit which makes me very happy. I'd say I'm curious to see online play but then unfortunately it's Nintendo so I already know it's rear end.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

TwoPair posted:

I just read a review that says UA3 has a bunch of stat management bullshit which makes me very happy. I'd say I'm curious to see online play but then unfortunately it's Nintendo so I already know it's rear end.

I've never had any issues with any online Switch game? Splatoon 2 has always worked flawlessly.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

TwoPair posted:

Can you put it on auto and ignore it? The first MUA let you pick and choose when you unlocked special abilities and manually manage your equipment, but also had an auto level and auto equipment system that worked well enough on normal difficulty playing with friends.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

You don't have to worry about it too much. It's basically a sphere grid. Just go in and spend some points when you get to a shield spot. You don't have to min/max if you don't wanna.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Vince MechMahon posted:

I've never had any issues with any online Switch game? Splatoon 2 has always worked flawlessly.

I was more referring to how poorly (which is to say not at all) Nintendo has implemented the simplest poo poo like voice chat or inviting friends to games.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

TwoPair posted:

I was more referring to how poorly (which is to say not at all) Nintendo has implemented the simplest poo poo like voice chat or inviting friends to games.

I think the voice chat thing is on purpose so ten year olds can play online without "gamer words" being screamed at them. Like, obviously voice chat with your friends should be obvious and intuitive at this point in online gaming, but everyone has a cellphone with unlimited minutes and usually wifi calling if your signal is bad, so it shouldn't be a deal breaker.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Well, I just finished the second level of UA3 and figured I'd give some impressions in case anyone was curious about the game. It's more UA1 (good) than UA2 (bad) so far, but again, I'm only 2 levels in so take that with a grain of salt:

Cons:
  • Online co-op sucks if you're trying to just play with random people. You can't just find open rooms/games to join, if you're trying to join a story mission you have to search by level down to the drat checkpoint before it'll search for an open room. And you have to specify open room since for some reason they decided the search function should show private rooms by default because... I don't know, it'll let you know how much fun other people are having? Finding a room for the bonus challenges is easier but not by much. Upside: if you can get in a bonus challenge with people way higher level than you, they'll curbstomp it and you'll reap the rewards and the EXP!
    • The actual play experience seems fine once you're in, nothing seemed laggy to me, it's just the whole experience of getting to the online is a hassle.
  • Characters don't level evenly, so if you want to suddenly change things up and try some other characters that you got earlier, well get ready to eat poo poo for a while doing less damage and getting wrecked easier while you grind it out. They've added a way to help catch up by letting you use these EXP cubes you collect around stages to give them a quick boost but the cubes aren't growing on trees or anything. Wouldn't it have been easier to just level all the characters evenly to just a level or two behind your mains? It just seems a shame that (if you're like me) the earlier characters get shelved and then get useless fast just because I wanted to try the shiny new characters.
  • The story is just the Infinity Gems and Thanos again and like, I get it, the MCU is big, everyone loves Infinity War/Endgame, but come on Marvel, get a little creative with macguffins and final bosses! The first game had Doctor Doom team up with Loki to steal the power of Odin. That's a unique threat! There's a plethora of world ending threats out there guys, pick another one already.
  • Sometimes the camera gets hosed up in corners.

Pros:
  • Everything else, game's fun
  • In a game with friendly fire off, you can still grief your friends by hitting them with various boxes and other large things.
  • Spider-Gwen's the best spider-character by far, which is how it should be.

Also I don't know if it's a pro or a con but (minor ultimately unimportant story spoiler) it's super weird that Venom joins the party after he loving eats Electro in front of everybody. Like, he doesn't spit the guy up after you beat him. But hey Spider-Man says Eddie's usually a good guy, just misguided, so we'll all just ignore that I guess!

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Jul 20, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

TwoPair posted:

Well, I just finished the second level of UA3 and figured I'd give some impressions in case anyone was curious about the game. It's more UA1 (good) than UA2 (bad) so far, but again, I'm only 2 levels in so take that with a grain of salt:

[list]
[*]Characters don't level evenly, so if you want to suddenly change things up and try some other characters that you got earlier, well get ready to eat poo poo for a while doing less damage and getting wrecked easier while you grind it out. They've added a way to help catch up by letting you use these EXP cubes you collect around stages to give them a quick boost but the cubes aren't growing on trees or anything. Wouldn't it have been easier to just level all the characters evenly to just a level or two behind your mains? It just seems a shame that (if you're like me) the earlier characters get shelved and then get useless fast just because I wanted to try the shiny new characters.

Yeah the characters not levelling with you is really weird, it'd be fine if they'd be like, a level behind because that's easily remedied but Wasp just joined me and she was level 17 which implies the area I'm in would be around there, nearly everyone on my team is about 10/11 because I've just been switching as I feel like it and now I'm at a boss which feels like a hard brick wall.

It's one of those really baffling design decisions because like, did they think people would just pick a team of 4 who were available at the start and play through the whole game with them only adding new people when they joined?