Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Stop the horror that is Chickwood Lane. Please. For the sake of the children.

In today's Corto Maltese: Anger is one hell of a quick way to recover from trauma, or Corto gets angry at Rasputin, or The soundtrack to the last page can be found here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
My Dad is Dracula (11/5/18)

Pickles

Zits

Headed to the beach! Will have a catch-up post when I get back. Hopefully with less mom towel scenes.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

How many times now has some old potato-faced artiste found ~true love~ with his much younger muse in this awful, awful strip?

:barf:

homeless guy
Feb 23, 2019

by FactsAreUseless

where's the second panel where he beats the other guy up?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Transmodiar posted:

Modesty Blaise

What the gently caress? Are those supposed to be Aboriginal children?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
She's dislocated both her shoulders.

Hopefully he has a heart attack and dies soon and we never have to look at his hideous face ever again.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (Dec. 9, 2007)

Arlo and Janis Classic (Dec. 9, 1997)

Garfield Classic (Dec. 9, 1987)

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Pastry of the Year posted:

I had to check this, Diana Spencer died in August '97.

For some loving reason she was also on a tabloid cover here yesterday :suicide:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Nenonen posted:

I had to check this, Diana Spencer died in August '97.

For some loving reason she was also on a tabloid cover here yesterday :suicide:

In a very weird confluence, she is also currently the subject of discussion in the Garfield Eats App thread.

Pastry of the Year fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Jul 3, 2019

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

It's all about Brooke's self-inserts with his daughter
:suicide:

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer

Haifisch posted:

A permit for sidewalk chalk art. That thing that'll wash away next time it rains. Yes. Sure.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2015/05/11/sidewalk-chalking-and-the-law/

Transmodiar posted:

Modesty Blaise

I've had some problems with the casual reference to "Abos", which I'm pretty sure we knew was wrong by that time, but I love those last two strips.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Wow, I have to imagine this one got some letters in its time. Even an innocuous gag like this feels like it would've rankled people in relatively close proximity to her death.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Welp, can't accuse Brooke of ever approaching classy for anything other than a cat strip.

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost

goatface posted:

She's dislocated both her shoulders.

Hopefully he has a heart attack and dies soon and we never have to look at his hideous face ever again.

Don't worry. We're about due to be introduced to a new pair of musical geniuses who hate each other so much they can't stop loving.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Garfield

Heathcliff

Overboard

Monty

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

Interesting article. I'm not sure whether screeving would be considered peddling or busking or what, but based on a previous strip, I had thought that the deal with Dustin's sidewalk art needing a permit was that he was trying to make money with it and had a donations jar sitting somewhere.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Old School Peanuts (Oct 27, 1950)

Calvin and Hobbes (Dec 21-22, 1985)

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Garfield Classic (Dec. 9, 1987)

This really was a golden era of Garfield.

Geech

Zip

Rip

Dick Apr. 8-10, 1932

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

Some Guy TT fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Jul 3, 2019

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Darthemed posted:

Dick Apr. 8-10, 1932

This is such an amazing combination of compressed storytelling and narrating what we can clearly see happening, I love it.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Some Guy TT posted:

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

Boos Dharma channeling the spirit of Everett True. :toot:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
About to head out for my yearly con vacation thing. If anyone wants to post the usual comics I do, go for it. I'm lazy and won't do a recap probably. I'll be back Monday or Tuesday.

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Dangit, Jumbo, stars aren't gas! They're plasma!

EDIT: Okay I'm also actually annoyed by the fact that 'stars are distant suns, many of which have their own planets, slowly formed and birthed from colorful dust clouds and providing a source of light and heat for the universe' isn't like, wonderous enough for Rose is Rose. 'Oh science takes all the magic out of everything' gently caress off things can be even more cool and interesting when you know what's happening.

PetraCore fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jul 3, 2019

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

I always hate foob, but this foob somehow more than the average foob. Not hard to tell this was written by an abuser.

homeless guy
Feb 23, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
yeah I can't think of anything more abusive than wanting your son to get a part time job in the summer rather than sit around watching TV all day

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

PetraCore posted:

Dangit, Jumbo, stars aren't gas! They're plasma!

The sun is a mass of incandescent gas miasma of incandescent plasma.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

drat it, I was totally going to post this but I stopped to watch the video first so you beat me to it. :)

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

homeless guy posted:

yeah I can't think of anything more abusive than wanting your son to get a part time job in the summer rather than sit around watching TV all day

Isn't Michael like 13-14 at this point?

homeless guy
Feb 23, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
that's not too young for an enterprising young boy to knock on doors around the neighborhood asking if he can mow people's lawns

you don't want him to end up as lazy as Dustin

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Scarodactyl posted:

I always hate foob, but this foob somehow more than the average foob. Not hard to tell this was written by an abuser.

The hands, the loving bent-backwards shrug hands in addition to the dumbass boomer back in my day speech.

homeless guy
Feb 23, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
Also doesn't this take place in the 80s, so it was before you needed 5 years experience to get a job as an unpaid intern doing yardwork as a teenager

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

I just want to highlight that Dustin's art here is better than the rest of the comic.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
gotta find a good photo of an art gallery with the right angle to add this:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

Nancy

Dustin

Said a 23-year-old

Mandrake

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

:hmmyes:

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
That Dustin strip with the cop would only make sense if Dustin was a minority.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dustin's face here represents me trying to come up with a funny thing for him to say vs just photoshopping in more sidewalk.

Huxley fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jul 3, 2019

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Strontium posted:

Take It From the Tinkersons