Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Post-credits ShB spoiler: I don't know if I hope Varis is actually dead so that there can be a major impact as a result of that, or hope that he's alive and might actually come around on the idea of not being completely loving nuts. Really sucks that his son is kind of, well... also completely loving nuts.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Jul 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Ibblebibble posted:

The crazy good train doesn't stop until after the post-credit scenes.

I just finished the 80 dungeon and the subsequent cutscenes.

Oh my god this crazy good train is loving awesome

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

MechaX posted:

I just finished the 80 dungeon and the subsequent cutscenes.

Oh my god this crazy good train is loving awesome

I just wish the second boss wasn't such a huge, wet fart, or else it would probably be my favorite dungeon of the entire game. I was genuinely gaping in awe and cackling to myself when the loving buildings started collapsing around my ears during the first boss, and the final boss is such an insane spectacle that I could barely believe they'd managed to pull something this good off.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I don't know if I hope Varis is actually dead so that there can be a major impact as a result of that, or hope that he's alive and might actually come around on the idea of not being completely loving nuts. Really sucks that his son is kind of, well... also completely loving nuts.

Were we playing the same Stormblood?

Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

Look, just sign the stupid petition. I've got stuff to do.
I'd like to thank FactsAreUseless for a glam post a few pages back that inspired me to finally do something with my own adventurer's jacket.

If you're wondering, yes, the best gun glam is the Makai Mand Mortar.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I don't know if I hope Varis is actually dead so that there can be a major impact as a result of that, or hope that he's alive and might actually come around on the idea of not being completely loving nuts. Really sucks that his son is kind of, well... also completely loving nuts.

you should probably mark what your spoilers are about by the way, just black blocks of text arent helpful.

btw this is post shb cutscene spoiler.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Kadorhal posted:

The only problem it has is that guns are equipped on the back so you end up having a pistol floating there. Aside from that it's definitely the best gun.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Kadorhal posted:

I'd like to thank FactsAreUseless for a glam post a few pages back that inspired me to finally do something with my own adventurer's jacket.

what if travis touchdown...had a gun

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

So it looks like after 76, monk only wants to use Fists of Fire while ramping up and then switch to Fists of Wind full time? That's gonna feel so weird.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Nodosaur posted:

Is Eulmore keeping the people in their territory reliant on coming to Gatetown? I'm doing Alphinaud's quest first and something here doesn't smell right.

:getin: :unsmiggh:

Kerrzhe posted:

so after finishing up Il Mheg i was pretty excited to get an amaro mount, and since i didn't get it during the MSQ or anything i figured it was gonna be a beast tribe reward

but no

that's every combat job to level 80

gently caress you yoship

Oh no, not going to get the amaro mount *right away*, it'll just have to be a long-term expansion-long endeavour instead.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Kerrzhe posted:

so after finishing up Il Mheg i was pretty excited to get an amaro mount, and since i didn't get it during the MSQ or anything i figured it was gonna be a beast tribe reward

but no

that's every combat job to level 80

gently caress you yoship

Show us your BLU, coward

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Oh no, not going to get the amaro mount *right away*, it'll just have to be a long-term expansion-long endeavour instead.

Sucks for me cause I don't have the time to level everything and I'm completely uninterested in certain jobs.

I wanted an Amaro :(

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Show us your BLU, coward

i don't fuckin even have BLU unlocked

this is why im upset, there's no way im ever going to see that amaro :(

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

This game...it’s very good

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Sucks for me cause I don't have the time to level everything and I'm completely uninterested in certain jobs.

I wanted an Amaro :(
Not bad enough, it would seem

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

SwissArmyDruid posted:

:getin: :unsmiggh:

i don’t have the time or energy to level the classes i am interested in, you think i’d expend effort on the ones i don’t give a gently caress about???

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Kadorhal posted:

Excellent! One of my favorite chest/leg combinations.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

oh no

what have i unleashed

WHAT HAVE I DONE

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Vargatron posted:

Edit: Spoiler doesn't work on Youtube videos apparently.

Use url tags so it doesn't embed the video in the post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNHq8Ic8a6w

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Major endgame spoilers: A friend pointed out to me that Unukalhai (the kid from the Warring Triad series) is probably one of the Warrior of Light's reflections, being the sole survivor of the Thirteenth. They did bother to update his chat dialogue for Shadowbringers, so maybe he'll be relevant in the future. Time to get that poor kid out of the broom closet.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

My crazy post-msq theories:

1) The cause of the planetary tremors that started the Doom of Amaurot was Lavos.
2) The Warriors of Light that Elidibus says that he's going to summon? They're going to be from an unsundered star.

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf
Something that I noticed with the level 79 dungeon

The plain white cubes turning into columns and such reminded me a whole lot of the Copied City in Nier: Automata. I know that there is supposed to be a Neir tie-in raid somewhere in the near future, and I expect that might be the link. I cannot wait for that. Nier: Automata was my absolute 100% best game story ever made until this expansion. I think N:A is better in some ways, but nothing has made me feel like a big drat hero like ShB.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Section 9 posted:

Something that I noticed with the level 79 dungeon

The plain white cubes turning into columns and such reminded me a whole lot of the Copied City in Nier: Automata. I know that there is supposed to be a Neir tie-in raid somewhere in the near future, and I expect that might be the link. I cannot wait for that. Nier: Automata was my absolute 100% best game story ever made until this expansion. I think N:A is better in some ways, but nothing has made me feel like a big drat hero like ShB.
My own theory for the Nier Automata tie-in is (major endgame spoilers) an Amaurot project that got out of hand during the Final Days. I think it even gets mentioned they experimented with humanoid robots during a sidequest.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Algid posted:

The only problem it has is that guns are equipped on the back so you end up having a pistol floating there. Aside from that it's definitely the best gun.

Wrong this is the die hard method of holstering a pistol and thus remains best gun.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Your Computer posted:

maybe it's just me but I feel like melee jobs are also just inherently harder than ranged ones because you're right in the middle of everything, which makes targeting and positioning more difficult

yes, but in return you usually have the easiest mechanics to deal with in harder content. anything where you can choose who has to handle a mechanic goes to the ranged, tanks and healers have their own poo poo to deal with, melee just has to smack the boss

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I feel like the story drags a bit in the lead up to the level 77 dungeon. I don’t care about these problems right now and it feels like padding.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Mordiceius posted:

I feel like the story drags a bit in the lead up to the level 77 dungeon. I don’t care about these problems right now and it feels like padding.

The 2nd part of that zone with all the mining town stuff was where I started skipping cutscenes again for a while, it was so boring.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

ShB is so good I think that Yoship is hosed for the next expansion. Like looking back, I think SB must have just been a really bad expansion/iteration if something like ShB was possible.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Mordiceius posted:

I thought it was examining the total collapse of a society from yet another angle.
And I was right.

But it's more than that.

A lot more than that now that I think about it. There's a certain theme that shows up all the way out to one of the post MSQ dungeons.

It's neat. The only padding in that area is the Sidequests.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

jokes posted:

ShB is so good I think that Yoship is hosed for the next expansion. Like looking back, I think SB must have just been a really bad expansion/iteration if something like ShB was possible.

turns out when you give the writing reins to the person who's been writing all the most enjoyable things since ARR (ysayle, drk quests, azim steppe), good things happen

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Mordiceius posted:

This part was fine for me I think it only felt kind of slow just because of rapid the rest of the story was. A bit of it could have maybe been shortened or moved to sidequests, but it didn't really stay past its welcome for me.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

jokes posted:

The big problem Stormblood has was a split focus - it seemed clear most of their "ideas" were for Othard but they had to resolve the Ala Mhigo thing, or felt they did anyway, so it was a mash-up. Future expansions will probably have a clearer singular focus, like HW (Ishgard), this one (The First), future editions (Garlemald, the Moon)

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I think the biggest problem with SB isn't only the split focus but that the entire premise of the expansion is revolution and rebellion but I don't think the writers were confident in portraying a war. The Doman revolution was literally a single battle and the whole endgame is the Ala Mhigan revolution and it's remarkably straightforward for being what should be the epic end to the new expansion.

I still thought it was pretty ok though. The pre-amble to war was all solid, Ruby Sea and the Steppe were the obvious standouts but I also really liked Ala Ghiri super early in MSQ for going into life as a Garlean colony. It was fairly well done. It also touched on topics i'm pretty in to that I doubt any other Final Fantasy would comment on. 4.1 and the later Saltery questline is kinda about Neo-colonialism and that's an unexpected but interesting thing to cover in regards to a nation that just found it's freedom

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

If Stormblood is the worst we can expect for an expansion, this MMO is gonna be very fortunate indeed. "Not as good" doesn't mean it's not still solid with plenty of interesting material all its own.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I mean FF11 is still active right? I would like to see the end of this game’s story, especially with how good people are saying the expansions are. But I dunno if they’re gonna do that in 2030

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Are any of the crafting macro builders updated for ShB yet? :ohdear: None of the ones I've found are.

keirharder
Jul 22, 2017
Pre-SHB I was a disappointed we weren’t finishing up with the empire but after going through the MSQ and it being probably the best storyline in a game I’ve played I actually don’t want to go back to the source and deal with that anymore. Not sure how they match this but they seem to have their poo poo together right now and I’m excited to see where they take us.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I honestly really liked Amh Araeng part 2, especially because it's a slower look at a more ground-level view of the apocalypse and the grief it caused one man. Magnus' VA was incredible. Also had really good character drama moments from Minfilia and Thancred.

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
Yeah, so, I finished the story yesterday and I gotta admit, I loving cried.
That was one of the best stories in any modern RPG's I've played so far. Holy crap, I am amazed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ukrainius maximus
Mar 3, 2007
How do you decide on a job to play? I have BLM at 50 and I just unlocked Samurai and Red Mage. Red Mage seems totally awesome but I also have other jobs middling in the 30s and I think I just always end up wasting too much of my time skipping around different jobs. I'd also like to try Ninja but I'm only at 15 as a rogue :(