Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

I mean, if anything is going to make someone say "actually, gently caress this" wrt organizing, Conor Arpwel effectively suicide bombing a canvassing class for literally no other reason than personal vendetta seems pretty likely

e: to be clear, I generally find the whole "the left is just too crazy and drove me into the arms of the far right!" to be complete horseshit, which is why I find it funny that this may have actually happened for real because we live in an insane hellworld full of idiots fueled by death drive

no you had it right when you said it was complete horseshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

freckle posted:

imagine getting bullied by conor arpwel

I mean who wouldn't get intimidated by that twitter avatar alone?

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
https://twitter.com/thedollop/status/1147186518768803840?s=19

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Atrocious Joe posted:

I finished this a few weeks ago and still think about how the guy who did it idolizes Ukrainian fascists.

while ICHH is decent, i got the creeps from his references to ukraine and syria so i read up on him. you get a feel for it don't you. when i realised he's a self-described anarchist suddenly his takes made more sense. he does another podcast called behind the bastards and he did a 2 parter on assad. highlights:

- he and the co-host (she describes herself as a feminist) tell the story of the syrian uprising and get almost everything wrong.
- co-host is an expert on syria but didn't know what the mukhabarat was until midway through the first episode lol
- she has nothing but praise for trump bombing the airfield last year because it means "they know we see them"
- obama overthought the situation, and at least george bush would have "done something"
- the US only gave the "moderate rebels" 3 dollars and a box of ammunition
- it's a shame iraq "scared us off" from "helping in situations like that"
- they conflate all the rebel groups with "the syrian people", so by default if you want to see the salafi psychos defeated you actually want all syrians genocided, and being against giving al qaeda air cover means you support "assadism"

I'm sure you get the gist. i asked him on twitter what the moral difference was between a chemical or barrel bomb attack and what the US did to raqqa and he got really cunty with me and said "you are seriously comparing cruise missiles to barrel bombs?"

i have no idea what he was trying to communicate there.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Gonzo McFee posted:

They're all trying too hard to be Felix.

yeah they almost word for word do the same bits as the previous week's chapo but try to transpose them to UK politics and it just doesn't work at all

ReapersTouch
Nov 25, 2004

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
This was mentioned very early in the thread, but man is Trillbillies really funny and good.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

ReapersTouch posted:

This was mentioned very early in the thread, but man is Trillbillies really funny and good.

the Trillbillies are the best leftpod

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

gh0stpinballa posted:

yeah they almost word for word do the same bits as the previous week’syear's chapo but try to transpose them to UK politics and it just doesn't work at all

i mean I love these goobers and all and happy to see twitter power user aliceavizandum on it but yeah pretty much

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lmao

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

gh0stpinballa posted:

yeah they almost word for word do the same bits as the previous week's chapo but try to transpose them to UK politics and it just doesn't work at all

I've only listened to a few episodes but that one about the 2012 olympics with Ash Sarkar seemed enjoyable enough. well, after I looked up what "mawkish" meant anyway

ReapersTouch posted:

they really do rule so much

Serf
May 5, 2011

and yet the guy named erik killmonger was the good guy...

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
bob chipman is up there with boogie for worst fat person online

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

citations needed

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

R. Guyovich posted:

citations needed

citations Needed is close but it doesn't have Tanya Turner

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Serf posted:

and yet the guy named erik killmonger was the good guy...

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Atrocious Joe posted:

I finished this a few weeks ago and still think about how the guy who did it idolizes Ukrainian fascists.

This is a fair criticism but on the whole it was well reasoned and even handed

I especially appreciated the insight about mosul being ninevah, I hadn't put those two together

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Weird way to spell girls chat

large oblate cat
Jul 7, 2009

morally adept posted:

Just started listening to It Could Happen Here :cry:.

First episode and the civil war starts by the collapse of the discourse, lol.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

freckle posted:

imagine getting bullied by conor arpwel

Amber's frail ego being crushed, like some sort of button

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

I'm just gonna google it, but what did amber do to elicit this response? coke mostly i guess based on the jokes?

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

oh yeah i read that once before. nevermind lol

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

citations Needed is close but it doesn't have Tanya Turner

doesn’t need it, Citations Needed is great on its own

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
I did coke with one of the hosts of street fight once, it was a blast

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

ReapersTouch posted:

I can't wait for the post-Clive nosedive episode.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

amber should probably stop

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
if you don't like it when people do blow you're a loving goober

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I need to know what episode this is thanks in advance because I won't be able to thank you lest I risk incurring the wrath of the dengist fascist mods

it's a patreon ep (sam pritchard iirc)

this will be my last girls chat post. both becauze it's a niche podcast, and because it's very twitter adjacent, as far as podcasts go

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Ace of Baes posted:

shocker that noted imperialist-trained monkey AoB supports the drug trade that has become the most persistent legacy of Western destabilization of the global South

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Autism Sneaks posted:

shocker that noted imperialist-trained monkey AoB supports the drug trade that has become the most persistent legacy of Western destabilization of the global South

nerd

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Ace of Baes posted:

Cocaine is the drug of the white bourgeoisie.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Majorian posted:

wow you even put a stock gif in just like a real twitter reply

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

you can't win is the best leftist podcast rn and it's not even close

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

i dont think anyone is getting cancelled from this one sorry fellas

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Majorian posted:

I've done it with mostly Hispanic and middle eastern people, maybe you just don't have a diverse group of friends, or any.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Ace of Baes posted:

I've done it with mostly Hispanic and middle eastern people

Are they all just out of frame, laughing too?

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Majorian posted:

Are they all just out of frame, laughing too?

no, I lived with a coke dealer once, he was white but he wasn't bourgeoisie he was a big rear end polish dude who grew up in the hood

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
he spent all the money he made selling coke on coke and lived with me while my roommate went to California to do the lighting on new walmarts, then I think he was living on someone's couch, I haven't talked to him in like 10 years

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
I was sleeping on an air mattress with a hole in it that would deflate within two hours so I'd try to fall asleep before it deflated if that gives you an idea of how bourgeoisie I was

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
coke posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
The Burger King Kids Club, but for doing sweet rails.