Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I liked "The Enemy" It had a neat parallel plot going on with the contrasting attitudes of the two Romulans, I kind of hope that Centurian Bach's interactions with Geordie were the instigating event that will result in the still strained but friendlier relations in Deep space 9.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Also, Riker eats like Kirk was reputed to gently caress.

Orv
May 4, 2011
The not-so-secret part of why this is the best TNG edit. You in particular might not want to watch it just yet but it's not a huge deal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocPQKjuCqM0

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I liked Admiral Jarrok.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
Toreth is my favourite Romulan. Haughty and dangerous. Also they let Carolyn Seymour use her natural accent.

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

Toreth owned.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

BioEnchanted posted:

Also, Riker eats like Kirk was reputed to gently caress.

More than is good for him?

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I really, really like all the Romulan plot threads going through the TNG-Era stuff. It's a real bummer that Picard seems to be keeping the Romulus Blew Up idea from the 2009 movie.

Also the TNG Warbird is the coolest bad guy spaceship ever made. It's such a great design.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Timeless Appeal posted:

I really, really like all the Romulan plot threads going through the TNG-Era stuff. It's a real bummer that Picard seems to be keeping the Romulus Blew Up idea from the 2009 movie.

Also the TNG Warbird is the coolest bad guy spaceship ever made. It's such a great design.

I think it's the coolest ship, period.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Truly beautiful, strong prow, double-hull, dusty emerald color.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Watching Mudd's Women and the special make-up and creature effects on actor Jim Goodwin are remarkable. I wonder what kind of alien he's supposed to be ?

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

Orv posted:

The not-so-secret part of why this is the best TNG edit. You in particular might not want to watch it just yet but it's not a huge deal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocPQKjuCqM0

huh, so that's where that gif came from...

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

Sad King Billy posted:

Toreth is my favourite Romulan. Haughty and dangerous. Also they let Carolyn Seymour use her natural accent.

You're conflating "The Enemy" with "Face of the Enemy."

Funny thing I just discovered, though. The dying Romulan in sickbay who refused a transfusion from Worf because he "would rather die than pollute [his] blood with Klingon filth" was named Patahk. Did this episode predate the first use of petaQ or...? Was one inspired by the other?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

davidspackage posted:

Watching Mudd's Women and the special make-up and creature effects on actor Jim Goodwin are remarkable. I wonder what kind of alien he's supposed to be ?

Starfleet's first half-human, half-Kelpian officer.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Hipster_Doofus posted:

You're conflating "The Enemy" with "Face of the Enemy."

Funny thing I just discovered, though. The dying Romulan in sickbay who refused a transfusion from Worf because he "would rather die than pollute [his] blood with Klingon filth" was named Patahk. Did this episode predate the first use of petaQ or...? Was one inspired by the other?

That would be kind of cool to have Klingons incorporate the names of enemies and those who insult the Empire into oaths and slurs.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It's hosed up we don't have a TOS trek emoji

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

The Romulan Admiral who defected was hilariously petty, learning Klingon curse words just so he could use them to annoy Worf. What's the over/under on that being all the Klingon he actually knew? Also the Klingon hair and beards are hilarious to me - they are a race of very very angry William Shakespeares.

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jul 6, 2019

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Pick posted:

I mean it would just be a raised eyebrow emoji with pointy ears so it's not hard

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Pick posted:

:spock: tho?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

That's from a TNG commercial

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Maybe somebody with more patience than me can make a better version of this

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

Or perhaps something along these lines

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.

Timeless Appeal posted:

I wonder what they use all the interior space in those for. Romulans probably don't dress up and go on holodeck adventures together, and there's obviously only one barber.

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

I'll take them all.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

I'm surprised nobody went and made one of these that spelled out C O C K

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Cross-Section posted:

I'm surprised nobody went and made one of these that spelled out C O C K

Almost positive someone in the Trek thread in GBS did this.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Fornax Disaster posted:

there's obviously only one barber.

Timeless Appeal posted:

When TNG started, they never did poo poo with the Romulans and said "yeah, they hosed off like 50 years ago. Nobody's seen a Romulan or a Romulan ship like, forever!" It really did a lot to bring the mystery back to them, like they had in Balance of Terror where nobody had seen them for years.

So when that ship was revealed, it was amazing. Not only to see a Romulan ship for the first time since TOS and through the eyes of the crew who hadn't seen one in their lives, but the fact that it looked so awesome. Birdlike, huge, powerful. Not a Federation looking ship with a bird painted on or a shared Klingon design--something wholly and uniquely Romulan. It was a great moment of TV.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

davidspackage posted:

He looks like someone deflated Rodney Dangerfield

Peyote Panda
Mar 10, 2019

Brawnfire posted:

Truly beautiful, strong prow, double-hull, dusty emerald color.
I don't know if it was deliberate on the production crew's part, but some of the ST novels have pointed out that given their green blood, that emerald color would be the equivalent of humans painting a ship blood-red. Either way, just a cool distinctive design all around.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Big Mean Jerk posted:

He looks like someone deflated Rodney Dangerfield

Hey now, show some respect.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Timeless Appeal posted:

I think it's awesome because Picard has personal investment in this Romulan stuff so it leaves room for a lot of interesting character study

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Astroman posted:

When TNG started, they never did poo poo with the Romulans and said "yeah, they hosed off like 50 years ago. Nobody's seen a Romulan or a Romulan ship like, forever!" It really did a lot to bring the mystery back to them, like they had in Balance of Terror where nobody had seen them for years.

So when that ship was revealed, it was amazing. Not only to see a Romulan ship for the first time since TOS and through the eyes of the crew who hadn't seen one in their lives, but the fact that it looked so awesome. Birdlike, huge, powerful. Not a Federation looking ship with a bird painted on or a shared Klingon design--something wholly and uniquely Romulan. It was a great moment of TV.

Also Romulan Marc Alaimo was in it! :swoon:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Maybe somebody with more patience than me can make a better version of this

Post the original for me?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I liked Tin Man. It was a cool space whale. Tam was also interesting as an exploration of a uniquely alien mental illness.

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jul 7, 2019

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

The Golden Gael posted:

I think it's awesome because Picard has personal investment in this Romulan stuff so it leaves room for a lot of interesting character study

Yeah but then we have to remember loving Nemesis. Will they mention his dumb clone too? Hopefully they can afford the Marvel de-aging program for B4/Data

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

Zesty posted:

Post the original for me?

https://gfycat.com/idolizedwetlark

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I can only get it down to 30kb before it looks like poo poo.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I just watched the episode with the collector. I like that Data was actually in the process of killing the guy as his firearm was in a state of discharge, it was just the warp field jammed the weapon in time.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
And then he lied about it, which I guess is meant to be creepy as they established in the episode that Data is incapable of hurting a human, but that's pretty dumb conceit I am pretty sure they dropped in later episodes. I don't think Data would be capable of being a star fleet officer if he couldn't harm other sentient beings; space battles and all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Wow, Sarek's ending was loving Harrowing with Picard having to deal with vulcan-level emotions.