Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Man, this might make EVE interesting again. Small gang bullshit is the new meta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Rutibex posted:

If someone is probing you can see it on D-scan a long time before they find you.

I haven't played for a few years, but this isn't how I'd go about finding someone while cloaky camping. You don't need probes to find someone who is ratting anomalies after a few days of afk camping.

Dscan the krabbing smartbomb Abaddon pack and crawl on up.

Probing is for finding someone's botting ratting carrier that warped to a safe.

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

Rutibex posted:

I'm in Sansha space right now and absolutely no one bothers me, I can rat with impunity solo. Its actually safer than Delve because no one expects anyone to be here so no one targets the area with gangs. I can do this because I can operate out of the NPC Sansha stations. The blackout is not going to harm my gameplay even a little, in fact it will make me safer because no one will be able to notice what I'm doing.

But obviously I can't put down any structures. I don't need to though, the Sansha stations have all the services I need.

Welcome to lowsec without all the drama of having JF service into Stain

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Loky11 posted:

Welcome to lowsec without all the drama of having JF service into Stain

The rats are like 4x more valuable than lowsec

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Is there a workaround to the issue of not being able to set your medical clone?

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

Rutibex posted:

The rats are like 4x more valuable than lowsec

Rutibex, babe, the stain rats are okish but unless you’re running lvl 5’s out there you’re not making any money.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Collateral Damage posted:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Loky11 posted:

Rutibex, babe, the stain rats are okish but unless you’re running lvl 5’s out there you’re not making any money.

:shrug:
I'm not really trying to make money. I enjoy hiding in the middle of nowhere and making all of my own stuff. It's like a survival game. I'm actually more interested in the loot they drop.

If I wanted to make money I could just station trade implants in Jita

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

orange juche posted:

You've never heard of how blackops work have you?

BlackOps is a myth. :ssh:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Awesome, thanks! :glomp:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Gearhead posted:

BlackOps is a myth. :ssh:

BlackOps i've heard is a cesspit of a place where an extremely toxic eve online player holds other idiots hostage to their whims, and is generally a terrible person.

To each their own though I guess.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Rutibex posted:

If someone is probing you can see it on D-scan a long time before they find you.

Not really. With a competent prober you have a few seconds to see the probes before they’re pulled back off Dscan. Bads will let the probes linger, but it’s pretty common to narrow down your location by Dscan or a celestial, get you on the one pass, then send the probes back out to no mans land.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I don't know what's worse, Rutibex's posts or the people so desperate for easy/stupid dunk posts quoting him making ignoring him almost a pointless act.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jul 6, 2019

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
Just read about the no local change. I dont know if its good or bad for the game, but i predict that soon enough globy is gonna bitch about not being able to find anyone in null (outside of delve) and having to dscan each system to find that out.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

That would require Globby to play somewhere outside of highsec.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Dalael posted:

Just read about the no local change. I dont know if its good or bad for the game, but i predict that soon enough globy is gonna bitch about not being able to find anyone in null (outside of delve) and having to dscan each system to find that out.

i just ran for 6 hours and got 2 kills pre local nerf, so it's already poo poo

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

BIG HEADLINE posted:

the people so desperate for easy/stupid dunk posts

funny, the 3 or 4 people itt who do it consistently also got poo poo on for doing some dumb poo poo itt

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Collateral Damage posted:

If you use the non-medical clone UI by:

1. Searching for the station you want to set your clone at (do this for player owned stations by searching the system, showing info, and then “stations”);
2. Right clicking and show info;
3. Somewhere on the info screen there is a “set medical clone to this station” button, I don’t remember where it is, but it’s there;

You should be fine. I ended up having to use this method for all of my characters when I moved to delve for the same reason.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

funny, the 3 or 4 people itt who do it consistently also got poo poo on for doing some dumb poo poo itt

Isnt this the entire point of this thread? Act smug about internet spaceship and call others dumb?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

No local unless you poo poo up local is clearly an attack on goons. A goon who can't poo poo up local is no goon at all.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
My first encounter with Goons (circa 2008) was Scalding Pass local chat. Space Police gimmicks were flying fast and hard, and they were actually quite charming and funny.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Kesper North posted:

My first encounter with Goons (circa 2008) was Scalding Pass local chat. Space Police gimmicks were flying fast and hard, and they were actually quite charming and funny.

So you joined to balance that out.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

i just ran for 6 hours and got 2 kills pre local nerf, so it's already poo poo

That's what I'm saying. This patch won't make null any more full. But now instead of knowing right away if a system is empty allowing you to move on, you have to dscan. Unlike wormholes where the amount of connections is :airquote: limited :airquote: , nullsec is vast and pretty empty hence this patch makes it harder for guys who try to hunt. Any good nullsec group will figure out a way to go around the no-local and the carebears are gonna dock up before you can really do anything. Maybe not at first until the system gets implemented but in time. I don't think no-local is the boon you think it is.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

The fundamental problem at the moment is that nullsec is too big with too many resources. There's more than enough space, ore and rats for everyone, if they want people to fight then there needs to be less resources than the demand for it to give space empires motivation to fight. (see real world oil)

To solve that they probably should slash the number of null sec systems by half for starters, but that would be providing tacit admission that the player base is shrinking and probably be hard to do in practise. What they seem to aim to be doing is to reduce the average resources available per system, to force space empires to expand in order to fill their current demand and so create conflict when empire borders start chaffing against one another. The removal of jump fatigue from jump bridges seems to support this because it makes it a little easier for people to live within a larger number of systems. This also serves to reduce the effectiveness of supercap umbrellas because it reduces the amount of wealth generation per month that the umbrella protects.

If they could also increase the number of jump bridges per system then they could probably slash the average resources per system pretty hard to eventually force empires into resource wars as they have to expand to fill their demand.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Rust Martialis posted:

So you joined to balance that out.

Punitive measures had to be taken.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Kesper North posted:

Punitive measures had to be taken.

:pusheen:

adary
Feb 9, 2014

meh
So here I am with the stupidest question in the world: Is it worth coming back to EVE nowdays?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Katt posted:

The fundamental problem at the moment is that nullsec is too big with too many resources. There's more than enough space, ore and rats for everyone, if they want people to fight then there needs to be less resources than the demand for it to give space empires motivation to fight. (see real world oil)

To solve that they probably should slash the number of null sec systems by half for starters, but that would be providing tacit admission that the player base is shrinking and probably be hard to do in practise. What they seem to aim to be doing is to reduce the average resources available per system, to force space empires to expand in order to fill their current demand and so create conflict when empire borders start chaffing against one another. The removal of jump fatigue from jump bridges seems to support this because it makes it a little easier for people to live within a larger number of systems. This also serves to reduce the effectiveness of supercap umbrellas because it reduces the amount of wealth generation per month that the umbrella protects.

If they could also increase the number of jump bridges per system then they could probably slash the average resources per system pretty hard to eventually force empires into resource wars as they have to expand to fill their demand.

source your quotes

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I wonder if they'll show blues in local.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

adary posted:

So here I am with the stupidest question in the world: Is it worth coming back to EVE nowdays?

Yes, you should play EVE.

These days with Alpha clones you can log into your old accounts and look around without spending a cent, though you won't be able to use most of your best poo poo without subscribing.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Dalael posted:

That's what I'm saying. This patch won't make null any more full. But now instead of knowing right away if a system is empty allowing you to move on, you have to dscan. Unlike wormholes where the amount of connections is :airquote: limited :airquote: , nullsec is vast and pretty empty hence this patch makes it harder for guys who try to hunt. Any good nullsec group will figure out a way to go around the no-local and the carebears are gonna dock up before you can really do anything. Maybe not at first until the system gets implemented but in time. I don't think no-local is the boon you think it is.

no local is better than anything we have currently, it actually makes the game interactable and there are things you can do to minimize and prevent your detection, which makes the system exist

anomalies need a payout increase and titans and soups need to be relegated to 10/10 (sanctums) only or something to prevent everyone from just grinding in a titty

adary
Feb 9, 2014

meh

Facebook Aunt posted:

Yes, you should play EVE.

These days with Alpha clones you can log into your old accounts and look around without spending a cent, though you won't be able to use most of your best poo poo without subscribing.

Sounds encouraging. I will definitely check it out

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Isn't "no local" pretty much the standard in most MMOs anyway? I've only played 2 other MMOs but neither of them had a chat that would tell you some dude was within spitting distance. There may have been regional chat windows, but that would be like all of Delve having a shared chat instead of every system.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

[14:22:39] ArmoredFist > There are two types of people in delve. "ha...ha....help!...I am dieing!" "hey Looks like I am getting dropped on, oh this looks interesting. Yhea about 70 bombers, nah es ok. 25 minutes later. Hey! Hey! Were the gently caress you guys going? You come to my house, spill red wine on MY carpet, and you just wanna leave? I don't think so! 17 systems later*Get back here you little shits!"

is larping in chat a common occurrence in delve or just in staging

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

is larping in chat a common occurrence in delve or just in staging

A goon that isn't making GBS threads up local is no goon at all.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Potato Salad posted:

I wonder if they'll show blues in local.

Just type Z in local and all the blues will show up.

ragedx
Mar 15, 2019

Vodka is just awesome water
Ccp will take the thing that makes least sense and run with that. Just like always

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

removing local is pretty necessary and good for the game, it's hard to justify something like that being in a game like eve

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Just a few years late

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Foehammer007 posted:

Just a few years late

they could make eve good, but whether or not people would come back is a big question