Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

The Lone Badger posted:

I am a weirdo then because I think correctly reheated pizza is better than fresh.

Tell me how this is accomplished.

nankeen posted:

My (25/F) roommate (26/M) doesn't want me taking out the garbage because of his extreme fear of opossums.

Option 1: Get a second trash can and rotate between the two in the middle of the week.

Option 2: Rent an opposum and leave it in the kitchen to demonstrate that having the trash outside is superior. Drawback: you may not be able to have indoor garbage anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

shovelbum posted:

It's hard to say bc the biggest event has been very tightly timed hot dog eating which has its own very technical dimension

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54S2EBoh1Gk

DemoneeHo posted:

Is it possible this is my fault? I divorced his dad when my son was at a very young age and I never remarried. I was just so busy with raising him and working that there was no time for dating. So I never really had a male role model for him growing up. Is it possible the whole gay thing, and the dating an older guy thing is because of this? Sometimes I worry I messed up as a parent.

Yes, being raised by a single mother causes gayness, this is proven science and definitely not a quack theory discredited decades ago.

DemoneeHo posted:

My boyfriend of 7 years left me a fortnight ago

YTA, no need to read further. :colbert:

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

what psychopath reheats pizza, if it's not fresh just eat it cold with a beer for breakfast
What if the pizza gets a little warm because of the steam from the shower

Haifisch posted:

AITA for kicking my friend out of my house because he ate all the snacks for the gathering?

The hosts need to buy the cold war bunker sized bag of Munchies from Costco for these people

sweet thursday fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jul 9, 2019

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
AITA for intentionally getting a lesbian to baptize my daughter?

quote:

I was brought up Catholic but left in my teens. I haven't been to mass since and I got married in a civil ceremony. Three months ago I gave birth to an absolutely beautiful baby girl. This is where the conflict starts.

My mom and sister are both still hyper-Catholic. They weren't happy about my civil marriage and have been insisting on having my daughter baptized since I announced my pregnancy. My mom even once stated "all my grandchildren WILL be baptized!" It goes without saying if I'll have a Catholic baptism for her. One day I was talking with my sister about it. She admitted there was no chance of a Catholic baptism but asked if I'd at least consider one in a different church. She asked if I still believed in God, I admitted yes I did though not practicing religion. I thought about it and decided my daughter having a moral foundation in a more liberal church would be OK, she could decide for herself if she wanted to be religious when she was older. So I agreed to that.

Then I decided to troll my mother and sister a bit. Last month I saw a church flying rainbow flags for Pride month. So I looked it up. They have a lead pastor who's an open lesbian and mentions her wife on the church's site. I decided I was definitely getting my daughter baptized here! I called them up and spoke to the pastor a bit. She's a cool lady and definitely someone I wouldnt mind having baptize my daughter.

My husband however said he won't stand in the way of this but thinks I'm being a bit out of line. He noted he's not religious either but the lesbian pastor clearly is and doesnt want to be seen as just a "lesbian pastor" and I'm basically using her sexuality as a weapon against my family. I haven't told her this or that this is why I'm selecting her. My husband thinks I should either put my foot down against my family or choose a church to baptize our girl based on more practical reasons (the one in question is on the other side of our city, kind of far) instead of using this one and this woman to make a statement. He says at least I should talk to her and mention my reasoning.

So, am I being an rear end in a top hat?

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Haifisch posted:

AITA for kicking my friend out of my house because he ate all the snacks for the gathering?

Our family dog had more self control then the dude in this story.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Haifisch posted:

Top commenter shames the OP for ordering pizza two hours early, but I read it as the friend showed up two hours early and the pizza was already cold then.

Hot take perhaps, but in my book the guy ordering pizzas at 3 PM for a 7 o'clock group gathering is a bigger rear end in a top hat than the ambulatory Roomba that cleansed his house of them.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Barudak posted:

Since this is America and you can use lethal self defense against trespassers, I recommend you master the Flying Guillotine so that they can taste death the same way their father did.

old man, feeling his heart seizing in his chest: oh god, don't let me die like this
god, rewriting history to put a barbed wire fencepost immediately in harm's way: THY WILL IS DONE

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

i wonder how that poster figures their family will know the pastor is a lesbian. do they think the sermons are just her talking about how much of a lesbian she is or do they plan to shout "HA! GAY!" as soon as the baby gets dipped in the holy sauce?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Well when shes not spreading the word of god shes a world cup winning soccer player so theyll figure it out eventually

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

dudeness posted:

The BMW was a trap to set off their breakup, and who will she go to for comfort? A trusted older gentleman. Played like a drat fiddle.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Beachcomber posted:

This one is still haunting me. If he never updates this is going to be one of those like the mysteriously relocated teenager.

I still have his account bookmarked.

His story was just so loving sad.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

sweet thursday posted:

What if the pizza gets a little warm because of the steam from the shower

wet pizza is the worst, eat the pizza then shower to clean up any lingering pizza grease/dropped toppings

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

i vomit kittens posted:

i wonder how that poster figures their family will know the pastor is a lesbian. do they think the sermons are just her talking about how much of a lesbian she is or do they plan to shout "HA! GAY!" as soon as the baby gets dipped in the holy sauce?

Obviously she'll ride down from the pulpit on a Harley while blasting Heart or something obviously gay like that. I do something similar. Every ten steps I fire a pink flare into the air and announce, "Gay man coming through!" with my megahorn.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Someday youll investigate and track his hometown. His family will smile "we never had a son"

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Didn't his grandfather end up taking him in and being amazing? Or was that some other kid with a lovely family

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for threatening to speak to a waitress's manager for saying I look 12 years old?

I (22M) went to a restaurant/bar and got ID'd by the waitress behind the bar. We were having a light convo and she said ''Yeah you look about 12''.

I looked at her dead in the eye and said ''Make a comment like that one more time and I'll have a word with your manager''. She looked scared and I walked away.

I told my friend this and he said it was an rear end in a top hat thing, but I thought it was acceptable because her comment was rude and out of line. AITA?

Edit - she wasn't making a joke. I was there, and none of you lot were. She said it seriously.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for not telling my wife she is getting a little high?

EDIT: After reading all these comments, I have decided not to tell her. Thanks, folks.

Context: When I met my wife, she was super happy and always positive and healthy. Over time, due to career pressure, my wife developed high stress resulting in depression, anxiety, and physical illnesses. There seemed to be no end in sight and it only got worse.
She wouldn't want to leave the house except for work and she certainly would not get into social situations until absolutely necessary.

A few weeks ago her friend recommended she try CBD gunmies. My wife is a little old fashioned in the sense that anything cannabis is terrible and only stupid people need drugs. She would certainly NEVER take consume cannabis to get high. She was talked into trying these CBD gummies.

After about a week, I noticed a 180 turn in her mood, demeanor, and depression. It was like seeing my wife the first time we met. She had everything she lost and was virtually free of all mental and physical pains. I found out the gummies she was taking actually have THC in them...a pretty high %. She doesn't know this. If she did, she would likely stop taking them.

So, AITA for not telling her? I feel like I kinda am because she deserves to know what she is putting in her body, but also she has never been so happy and relaxed and our marriage has never been stronger.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for threatening to speak to a waitress's manager for saying I look 12 years old?

I (22M) went to a restaurant/bar and got ID'd by the waitress behind the bar. We were having a light convo and she said ''Yeah you look about 12''.

I looked at her dead in the eye and said ''Make a comment like that one more time and I'll have a word with your manager''. She looked scared and I walked away.

I told my friend this and he said it was an rear end in a top hat thing, but I thought it was acceptable because her comment was rude and out of line. AITA?

Edit - she wasn't making a joke. I was there, and none of you lot were. She said it seriously.

Manlet spotted.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

You sound 12

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

Smirking_Serpent posted:

how dare you madam! i, who am definitely not three children in a trenchcoat, will have your job for this!

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

cumshitter posted:

Every ten steps I fire a pink flare into the air and announce, "Gay man coming through!" with my megahorn.

I'm just going to assume megahorn is a cute nickname for your bf

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for not telling my wife she is getting a little high?

EDIT: After reading all these comments, I have decided not to tell her. Thanks, folks.
Not shown: Literally all the comments were telling OP to tell her.

It's a shame, because I was waiting for the update that his wife knew the entire time.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Megillah Gorilla posted:

You're a better man than I.

...I bookmarked the cake puncher.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Haifisch posted:

AITA for going through someones trash and find two original Eames Chairs and Ottomans. I sell them for $20,000 and I refuse to give the people who through them out the money?

This one's so good.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for introducing my SO this way?

Yesterday, my friend (30F), my boyfriend (30M) and myself (29F) were at a beer tasting event. At some point during the event we were seperated and I got into a conversation with a guy about some brand. A few minutes latery, my friend and BF show up and join the conversation. This guy asks how we know eachother, to which I replied "This is my best friend, and he is her neighbour". My boyfriend then said "Really? I'm the upstairs neighbour?". I guess I got the point and then I introduced him as my boyfriend.

He's upset that I initially said he was my friends neighbour, instead of primarily introducing him as my SO. I think it was just a legitimate answer to the question asked. AITA?

EDIT; I said he's my friends upstairs neighbour because he is, and I know him because he's my friends neighbour. So I sort of literally answered the question "how do you know eachother?"

EDIT2: The responses are overwhelming.. In retrospect I recall that I did mention how I met my friend, but I guess it doesn't really matter. My SO is very upset and nearly broke it off. I guess Ill have some introspection to do..

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for not wanting a photo of a dead baby at my wedding?

At our wedding we're having a table to commemorate relatives who have passed who would otherwise have attended. Last year my fiancée's cousin miscarried, and we were happy to include the baby on said table, as it would have been born by our wedding date and would have been in attendance. The problem is they want to have a photo of the baby's face, post-stillbirth, as the tribute. Not only do we think it's a pretty shocking and upsetting picture to have on display at a wedding, but we have two pregnant women in attendance at our wedding, one of whome also miscarried very recently. We're happy to accommodate other options, but we're worried they might not be happy with us for refusing their wish.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Oh man, I want a concrete blast bunker, binoculars and a bag of popcorn for that.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I hate that my first thought is "is this one of those stillbirth photos where the baby was near enough term that it can pass as a sleeping baby, or is it... not"

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

At our wedding we're having a table to commemorate relatives who have passed who would otherwise have attended. Last year my fiancée's cousin miscarried, and we were happy to include the baby on said table, as it would have been born by our wedding date and would have been in attendance. The problem is they want to have a photo of the baby's face, post-stillbirth, as the tribute. Not only do we think it's a pretty shocking and upsetting picture to have on display at a wedding, but we have two pregnant women in attendance at our wedding, one of whome also miscarried very recently. We're happy to accommodate other options, but we're worried they might not be happy with us for refusing their wish.

Oh holy poo poo lol.

The title is hilariously spot on haha.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Guildenstern Mother posted:

Didn't his grandfather end up taking him in and being amazing? Or was that some other kid with a lovely family

That was another kid. His dad did a DNA test that said the OP wasn't his real kid and basically he treated the OP and his mom like trash while he treated his second son like a golden calf. The OP's grandfather stepped in and made the Dad back off and let the OP live with him. In a later update the OP revealed that the lab had gotten his results mixed up with the second brother's and that it turned out he was actually the bio kid and the golden calf second son was not. Apparently they sued because he supposedly got a nice settlement out of it.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

At our wedding we're having a table to commemorate relatives who have passed who would otherwise have attended.

I think this by itself is weird as hell. everyone on the planet has dead relatives who probably would have gone to a family wedding if they were still alive. if you want a leave a seat open for the deceased father of the bride or whatever that seems okay, but devoting a whole table to dead people is just bizarre.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Sagebrush posted:

I think this by itself is weird as hell. everyone on the planet has dead relatives who probably would have gone to a family wedding if they were still alive. if you want a leave a seat open for the deceased father of the bride or whatever that seems okay, but devoting a whole table to dead people is just bizarre.

Family-centric events featuring a big ol dead ancestors shrine are probably more of a universal cultural touchstone than weddings themselves but otoh in ye olde traditionale tymes where that kinda poo poo came from they didn't have any means of producing baby corpse photos

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
how are your ancestors gonna argue for your social elevation in the court of the jade emperor if you don't burn offerings? you think a lil baby fetus is gonna have sufficient willpower to overcome the howling winds of hell?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

*sets Civil War Tintype of Great-great-great-great-great grandfather on memorial table*

"Just how far back are we going with this?!"

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

"I answered the question! I answered the question!" I continue to insist as I very quickly shrink and transform turn into the kind of cartoonish rear end in a top hat that tries to trade up on my SO right in front of them after a couple of sniffs of beer.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Initial verdict was that OP should tell them to GTFO and to spend the money they would have spent on a wedding gift on some therapy, but they've already set aside a whole section for dead people so gently caress it, why not blow the dead baby photo up to poster size and make it the centrepiece of your weirdo corpse table? Gotta make sure the happiest day of your life doesn't pass without the appropriate one-two punch of misplaced guilt and misery!

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Anything good happening or is it just 5 pages of screeching at each other who is more racist?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Power Khan posted:

Anything good happening or is it just 5 pages of screeching at each other who is more racist?

The last page was pretty good.

The cousin fucker was pretty hilarious TBH.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Power Khan posted:

Last two pages are safe

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for putting the work in to find a woman's lost wedding ring in lake after they gave up looking for it weeks before?

People who spend $6k on a piece of jewelry don't need or deserve your help, enjoy your windfall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

A few minutes latery, my friend and BF show up and join the conversation. This guy asks how we know eachother, to which I replied "This is my best friend, and he is her neighbour". My boyfriend then said "Really? I'm the upstairs neighbour?". I guess I got the point and then I introduced him as my boyfriend.

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

"I answered the question! I answered the question!" I continue to insist as I very quickly shrink and transform turn into the kind of cartoonish rear end in a top hat that tries to trade up on my SO right in front of them after a couple of sniffs of beer.
In fairness, she’s right that she actually did answer the real question. Rando dude was really asking “do I need to worry about this guy as competition or is he just a friend?” ... and by first referring to her boyfriend as the neighbor, she was giving a clear “nah, don’t worry about him, he doesn’t matter to me” signal.