Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Pinecone Sample posted:

Did anyone post this from the party sub guy, I might have missed it

He's got four stents!

:wow:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Pinecone Sample posted:

Did anyone post this from the party sub guy, I might have missed it

He's got four stents!

poo poo, I didn't know he had kept posting.

quote:

Im a brilliant man with lots of well thought-out, practical, ideas. Im insuring the financial security of this company for years to come. Oh yes, and my personal hygiene is above reproach.

So he got banned from r/amitheasshole for falsely claiming someone committed suicide over a post in the subreddit, and the fight continued in another sub.

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

tough choice between being dead in <6 months and having to moderate Reddit

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Fight man got a new job!

Customer attacked me in the parking lot and I lost my job on the first day.... Will they reconsider the firing?

quote:

Basically I got hired and I had my first day of training today. I was outside picking up some carts because I was hired as a cart attendant. This older guy probably around 40-50 backed his car into me and I fell down. I got back up as he was getting out of his car apologizing and I took a swing and he moved and my hand hit his window and cracked it. He then tackled me into the carts I was pushing and we both fell over. He was screaming at me to calm down when I didn’t even do anything. I was instantly angry. I kept trying to punch but he swung back and knocked the back of my head against the ground with the punch. I was pretty disoriented and then the person who was training ran over and broke us up. We all then went inside where he told the manager and I got called into the office shortly after.

The manager basically told me how stupid I was and that he knew there had to be more to the story of why my face was so messed up to begin with and that I’m out of here for attacking a customer. But I’m not even at fault in this situation. Will they reconsider? I was thinking of going in tomorrow with a coffee and some donuts and asking him to sit down and talk with me and tell him that I really want this job.

I got fired from Publix for the same thing basically and this time I tried to keep my cool and not attack him for firing me because this job seems really fun so I want to keep it.

Fight man lost his new job!

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Naturally with great power comes great responsibility. One time, I was envisioning the penii of our interns when I realized one of them was developing the beginnings of testicular cancer. Obviously I couldn't reveal my powers to him. So I led the office in a male health seminar, stressing the importance of regular self-examination.

I monitored it and the cancer continued to grow. So my husband and I pulled some strings and had an elaborate corporate party complete with a band. We encouraged the afflicted intern to body surf the crowd, which gave us both a socially acceptable way to gently fondle his balls and later reveal his diagnosis to him in private.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

White men suck and I pity those who date them.

Just so I know, how white is too white? If a man is half white, is that too much? What about 3/4? 7/8? 7/8 but with reasonably dark skin? Any other skin colors I should look out for? Please share more information (a chart would be handy, with associated skin colors) about which shades of men I can trust and which are bad

Tythas posted:

My sister has gone rogue- need advice

TL:DR: sister decided to not talk to members of our family, and now is causing my life hell. Need help for what I should say to her about it.

You shouldn't say anything to her about it? Calling CPS is basically a declaration of war and a relationship killer. Unless the sister has good reasons for hating the family, it's probably time for you to cut her out as well. Anyone who would use a call to CPS as a weapon against you is obviously not a good person to have in your life.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Play posted:

Just so I know, how white is too white? If a man is half white, is that too much? What about 3/4? 7/8? 7/8 but with reasonably dark skin? Any other skin colors I should look out for? Please share more information (a chart would be handy, with associated skin colors) about which shades of men I can trust and which are bad

Only date the swarthy Mediterranean folk!

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

chitoryu12 posted:

Fight man got a new job!

Customer attacked me in the parking lot and I lost my job on the first day.... Will they reconsider the firing?

I need to believe this guy is real.

"I was attacked! Did I throw the first punch at a guy who was apologizing? Maybe."

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

chitoryu12 posted:

Fight man got a new job!

So is this guy jacking off to these stupid humiliation fantasies or something?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Dear god that one post brought out a lot of white fragility :laffo:

CPS mom can't get her for filing a false report, can she?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Leon Einstein posted:

Only until his fingers are broken.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Leon Einstein posted:

no, fight man can't even beat his own meat without it knocking his head back against the pavement. no wonder he's so angry

FilthyImp posted:

CPS mom can't get her for filing a false report, can she?

CPS tips are usually confidential which is why insane people try to weaponize the system to harass people they don't like

sister should get a restraining order and try to contact CPS to make a note on their file or whatever to be skeptical of child endangerment reports because of family drama

Mr. Fall Down Terror fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jul 9, 2019

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

what can you expect when you hire someone whose résumé is just a list of fights they've lost

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

For the record, I wasn't giving any justification to the boyfriend who was offended by free nips. Just stating a fact.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Tythas posted:

please for the love of god stop talking about the nudes to the boss

My sister has gone rogue- need advice

I would like to hear anything about the sister's reasonings for her hatred for her father here. The last time I saw something like this it turned out the sister had been molested by the father, and the whole family was in hard denial. That would easily explain the sister's worry about her family's kids too. :smith:

I mean I'd rather it turn out the sister's just crazy but I'd like to hear more about the why of her blacklisting them. The brushing off her whole reason for it as unimportant seems suspicious to me.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Leon Einstein posted:

100%

I know it's trashy but I can't help but laugh at the idea of a dude who can't help but start a fight he'll never win. The fact that he might have a kid makes it sad as hell.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Leon Einstein posted:

who cares so am I at this point

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

100%

I know it's trashy but I can't help but laugh at the idea of a dude who can't help but start a fight he'll never win. The fact that he might have a kid makes it sad as hell.

We can at least take solace in that as long as literally any other human being is around he'll never be able to harm the kid.

Also his son is currently in his parents' custody because of how explosive he is, so depending on how things go he might never actually raise him.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Tythas posted:

I think it's time to move on to a new topic

AITA for making my boyfriend cancel a trip he was looking forward to?
This lady's a saint for keeping at least one douchebro weed tourist out of Amsterdam.

Why's he want to go anyway if he's got his rear end in a top hat drug dealer friend right at home.

e: how the gently caress do you go from Germany to the Netherlands and have three changes outside of Germany on the route

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

chitoryu12 posted:

We can at least take solace in that as long as literally any other human being is around he'll never be able to harm the kid.

Also his son is currently in his parents' custody because of how explosive he is, so depending on how things go he might never actually raise him.

realistically even with nobody else intervening that kid would end up tossing him around like Bamm Bamm

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

TheAardvark posted:

I would like to hear anything about the sister's reasonings for her hatred for her father here. The last time I saw something like this it turned out the sister had been molested by the father, and the whole family was in hard denial. That would easily explain the sister's worry about her family's kids too. :smith:

I mean I'd rather it turn out the sister's just crazy but I'd like to hear more about the why of her blacklisting them. The brushing off her whole reason for it as unimportant seems suspicious to me.

Reading that post I thought perhaps Dad did something to her, but calling CPS on her sister with no apparent reason means she's probably just nuts.

Edit: also the timing with it being right after and argument and being disinvited, and the fact that OP has a boy and not a girl make me think it is less likely that this is all due to a molesting grandpa.

therobit fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jul 9, 2019

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I know I'm pages late, but I'm still haunted by the guy who plays with "his wet rag of a penis" while driving

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tythas posted:

AITA for saying my friend has an unhealthy obsession with a cartoon character

I'd understand it if he were attractive but he's not,

Oh. Okay.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

therobit posted:

Reading that post I thought perhaps Dad did something to her, but calling CPS on her sister with no apparent reason means she's probably just nuts.

Could easily be both, that's a great way to make a kid grow up nuts

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Power Khan posted:

AITA for spiking my leftovers with Ghost Pepper flakes to teach my brother a lesson
So my little brother is notorious for eating other people's food knowing it's not his. After several talking to's from my parents he still doesn't care and if anything he will only eat mine and my sister's food which is still annoying. A few nights back we ordered pizzas from this one joint and we all order our own. I wasn't home that night but my dad took my order anyways knowing I'd eat it the next day.

Since all the boxes are the same and some pizzas look the same we write our names on the boxes to easily differentiate the pies, you'd think this would stop my brother but it didn't. I got home the next morning pretty hungry and dying to have some of my pizza. I open the fridge grab MY BOX and lo and behold there's only 2 slices left. I know my sister didn't eat it because she hates pepperoni, it wasn't my mom because she's vegan, and my dad doesn't eat anyone's pizza without asking so I knew drat well it was my fatass little brother who ate not only his pizza but pretty much 3/4 of mine too.

I'm beyond pissed at this point because the place we order from is really good and two small slices isn't going to cut it for me. Knowing my brother would kill the rest of my box soon I decided to sprinkle Ghost Pepper flakes on the last two slices. We actually grow the peppers too so we have bunch in the freezer and a little jar of flakes for my sister and dad. So I'm in the living room minding my own and my little brother comes down to eat again and he's on his phone so he's barely paying attention. This fat gently caress has the audacity to grab my pizza right in front of me too which just annoyed me even more. After he finishes nuking it he bites into one slice and I get up to the fridge to grab and hide the milk. I hear him freaking out and he didn't stop crying for an hour.

put it in his underwear drawer.

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Very telling but not even remotely surprising that half the thread sees "not tonight" as soliciting nudes, and may have overlap with the half of the thread that says "why do women beat around the bush and play games, all men are mature enough to take 'no' for an answer" whenever a story about a woman fearing for her safety is posted

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

panting and sweating I burst into the room to issue my "but what about the men???" take, mere hours late

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Also, the warden is clearly quite a catch.

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

panting and sweating I burst into the room to issue my "but what about the men???" take, mere hours late

Oh, so you're saying that every story should have a "BUT WHAT ABOUT WOMEN" take instead?!

Coworker acts like a child

u/youwoulddare posted:

I (34F) work with a guy (40M) who can't ever just let things "be" in conversation. He always has to make something out of it. For example, if you say, "I went for a nice walk in the park this weekend," he'll say, "Oh, so you're saying you have a better park than I do?" Or, you say, "I really like apples," and he'll say, "Oh, so you're saying you don't like oranges? What's wrong with oranges?"

He says it in a half-joking manner, but everything is reduced to this kind of immature sarcasm. Everything. Any conversation that you try to have with him, he spins into this stupid game. Like everything is an accusation and a competition.

Needless to say, it is exhausting trying to communicate with him. I have to work with him, but it's getting to the point where it's just depleting me.

Would you just avoid?

TLDR; Guy I work with acts like a child and is impossible to interact with

Lucid Nonsense
Aug 6, 2009

Welcome to the jungle, it gets worse here every day

cumshitter posted:

I think it would be nice to have pictures of all of my coworkers' penises. I mean, I already know what they look like, because I was born with the gift of phalloclairvoyance. As long as I know someone's name and face I can envision their dong in my mind's eye. Naturally, I keep this amazing power hidden from those around me. But it would be nice to know how accurate it is with a company dick database.

Erect or flaccid? Just for the record, I'm a grower, not a shower.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

My Lovely Horse posted:

e: how the gently caress do you go from Germany to the Netherlands and have three changes outside of Germany on the route

Belgium, France and Luxembourg if they are coming from like the southwest maybe. Although lol at counting Luxembourg as a 'country' though.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

I Was The Fury posted:

Coworker acts like a child

wait, how many accounts does this guy have

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
3 day argument, send help 🙄

quote:

This is probably going to be all over the place, but basically, my husband has been in a bad mood, for various reasons, with me for 3 days, and I’m sick of the atmosphere in the house. It all started because I was making homemade pizza, and asked what he wanted on his. He said beans (each to their own but have never heard of that one before!), and told him there was no point, as they would burn in the oven and he’d end up picking burnt beans off his pizza. He proceeded to get annoyed, and tell me not to ask then “tell him to gently caress off”?? So that’s where this all started. Over pizza and beans. I feel honestly ridiculous writing this out, it sounds so silly. We spoke the other night, and I thought things were sorted. He claimed he’d “starved for two days”, and would like a takeaway, I said no as we’re skint, and it was 11 at night, so no local takeaways were even open anyway! So instead got him a sandwich and cake from the local bakery before he woke up next day.. got home and he was still miserable as shite, which got worse when I asked him to put our main Xbox back in the living room, as I wanted it to be in the room anyone could use it, compared to him hiding in our spare room with it. The first time I asked he ignored me, so I asked again and he huffed and did it. Apparently I’m being “controlling” by making him put it back in the living room.. Honestly, if I was being controlling by doing that, please give me your opinion on it, as I felt it was only fair that it be in the room it’s always in, and the room we could both use it. My brains just melting at this point, so maybe I was wrong there? So that ended up being another day he didn’t speak to me. Today, he’s ignoring me because I’m not telling him where his razor is, which sounds horrible and 100% controlling, but for the last few weeks, if he wanted to use it, I’d give it to him and then take it back once he was done, as a few weeks ago he told me he was suicidal. I’m trying my best not to be controlling at this point, but he’s already got a few cuts on his arm, and wanted to wait until after he’d spoken to the doctor next week and get some help, either a referral to speak to someone, or antidepressants. So currently I’ve hidden both his and my razor. I’ve told him that I’m not comfortable giving him his razor until we talk and sort any issues out. He’s never liked talking when he’s angry, he shuts himself away and avoids me, so it’s not hugely easy to sort things when he tells me to piss off whenever I go in the room. Sorry for the rambling, I’d just like an outside perspective/advice, if there’s a better way of handling someone who’s suicidal with shaving/razors, as in my mind that’s the biggest issue, I don’t want to be controlling but the last thing I want is for him to hurt himself. Thank you in advance for any help!

Thread, please weigh in on pizza with beans.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

this is the best sitcom pitch I've ever heard

I know a guy [23M] who is going to run off on his pregnant girlfriend [20F]. Should I tell her? Catch: They're both crazy.

quote:

So Tina, Mark, and Alonso live together, along with 2 other people. I've [25F] known Alonso for 10 years, and Tina and Mark for 3.

Mark is a convicted felon for aggravated assault and robbery. He's been out for 2 years and is currently evading his probation / parole. Tina is younger than the rest of us, and is one of those otherkin that thinks she's an otter. They both live on Alonso's couch because Alonso is a softie. They eat everyone's food and have nowhere to go.

Tina is pregnant. Since I'm moving into a new place with Alonso (and another of their roommates) when their lease is up, Mark was trying to come stay with me and Alonso. Alonso and I told him "hell no". He told us he plans on dipping and running off to probably a new state to avoid Tina the rest of her life.

Question is, do I tell Tina? They fight like animals as it is, break each other's phones, screaming fights, etc. Plus, Mark is the "friend" to the friend group, while Tina is just the side girl, and it would definitely make waves with my planned living situation in a month or two. Plus I'd rather not make enemies with a convicted felon.

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mozi posted:

Also, the warden is clearly quite a catch.

I bet he washes his rear end.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Superjail is good. The Warden is basically Willy Wonka if he ran a prison.

Lucid Nonsense posted:

Erect or flaccid? Just for the record, I'm a grower, not a shower.

I can see their penis at any point in time. However, I can not change the future or past. So if I know that someone is going to pop an awkward boner during a speech or important moment my actions to prevent it will, paradoxically, cause that erection to happen.

In the case of the intern I saw the tumor recede in the future but felt compelled to act.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

cumshitter posted:

Naturally with great power comes great responsibility. One time, I was envisioning the penii of our interns when I realized one of them was developing the beginnings of testicular cancer. Obviously I couldn't reveal my powers to him. So I led the office in a male health seminar, stressing the importance of regular self-examination.

I monitored it and the cancer continued to grow. So my husband and I pulled some strings and had an elaborate corporate party complete with a band. We encouraged the afflicted intern to body surf the crowd, which gave us both a socially acceptable way to gently fondle his balls and later reveal his diagnosis to him in private.

You can see balls too? What's your effective radius of visualization around the peen? Imagine all the prostate, throat, and cervical cancers you could screen with your gift.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

MasBrillante posted:

3 day argument, send help 🙄

Thread, please weigh in on pizza with beans.

My eyebrows got a hell of a workout reading that one.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
/r/relationships: come for the most vitriolic, lovely derails on the forums

My girlfriend's appearance is coincidentally reminding me of my mother. Anything I can do?

quote:

To preface, my mother passed away suddenly 3 years ago. It was a rough time for awhile but you move on. Everyone has their own poo poo.

I met my girlfriend almost a year after that and we've been in a relationship for 2 yeas now. She's really great, has fantastic values and i do find her attractive. I've begun to notice that she coincidentally she has somewhat similar features as my mom, (this is just a bizarre coincidence. I'm attracted to many types of women.) both fair skinned, light eyes and dirty blonde hair(though my gf dyes it this way, she has a very light brown otherwise). As of her last haircut I feel as though I find that it parallels her even more and its diminishing my attraction. Whereas my mom had shoulder-length dirty blonde hair, my gf cut her long hair to be shoulder length now. they both even wear their hair down most of the time. its kinda weirding me out.

I feel as though if my gf changed it somehow either not dying it, or dying it a different color, or having it a different length I might feel better. But I'm also aware that its not necessarily HER problem, it would be my problem. Do I even tell her about this issue im having? I feel like that might make her feel uncomfortable too. Any advice would be appreciated.

TL;DR: Girlfriend is reminding me of my mom. her recent haircut has reminded me more. not super into that yo.

what a bizzare and inexplicable coincidence that i am dating someone who looks just like my mom :thunk:

Best Bi Geek Squid fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jul 9, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

/r/relationships: come for the most vitriolic, lovely derails on the forums

My girlfriend's appearance is coincidentally reminding me of my mother. Anything I can do?

what a bizzare and inexplicable coincidence that i am dating someone who looks just like my mom :thunk:

This is kinda an extreme solution, but you're gonna have to claw your eyes out.