Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Xelkelvos posted:

There's also Miltank (milk), Combee (honey)

Miltank and Tauros are also the base for beef-based products

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
release the pokemon edibility rankings brian david gilbert you coward

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Vinylshadow posted:

Miltank and Tauros are also the base for beef-based products

The have been rumors of a fifth meat pokémon type, in addition to beef, pork, chicken, and lamb

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
https://twitter.com/plattyneko/status/1148417154175291392

this is just a 10/10 mon design

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I feel like Rose will be a good guy and people at GF just really like Futbol and FIFA.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

The have been rumors of a fifth meat pokémon type, in addition to beef, pork, chicken, and lamb

Slowpoke Tail is the fifth meat.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

:golfclap:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Whalley posted:

Slowpoke tail is moistened long pork

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Andrast posted:

I wasn't ironic either :colbert:

Sorry I misread ya brother.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
I think it would be interesting if the Champion was actually a coward who sucks at Pokemon battles

Usually I hate how the Pokemon say their own names in the anime but I can make an exception for Furret :3:

Farecoal fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jul 9, 2019

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Farecoal posted:

I think it would be interesting if the Champion was actually a coward who sucks at Pokemon battles

Usually I hate how the Pokemon say their own names in the anime but I can make an exception for Furret :3:

I wish Furret was a ground type and I'm a bit sad that Regional variants are not a thing in Gen 8

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Andrast posted:

Gamefreak is teaching good lessons to children by having corporations be evil

corporations... like... Game Freak... :abrathink:

Elchar
Jan 15, 2019

one majestic bitch
Ugh, those "DLC Tracksuits" remind me of garabageman uniforms. They are hideous.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
On one hand I have never pre-ordered anything ever and am not even sure I'm going to buy the "first version" of this gen (I didn't get Diamond/Pearl either and that turned out to be the right move, I gather).

But on the other hand with that jumpsuit instead of playing an aggro Scottish girl, I could be a rude Irish guy with an ASBO caught for stealing some pick 'n' mix.

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

Just a thought, and I know we've gotten similar games for older consoles, but how well would a Colosseum style game for the Switch work if it included all of the features that SwSh removed? It could have the standard battle mode and mini campaign that could earn battle points allowing you to get megastones, z crystals, and other battle items, include a national Pokedex, be compatible with home but also have in game storage so that you could store Pokemon not in Galar without a subscription, include bottle caps or a breading system so that previous gen Pokemon not in Galar could still be bred, and just generally be designed for battling without needing to include a full on story. It seems like this would be a great way of keeping these things around without needing to put them in a main line game if it had a solid online battle mode.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The tracksuits will be useful for kitting out my trainer as a working class juvenile delinquent who threatens people with switchblades and an incomprehensible accent.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Rolycoly is literally the rolling coal pokemon

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Whalley posted:

that's fish

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Mef989 posted:

Just a thought, and I know we've gotten similar games for older consoles, but how well would a Colosseum style game for the Switch work if it included all of the features that SwSh removed? It could have the standard battle mode and mini campaign that could earn battle points allowing you to get megastones, z crystals, and other battle items, include a national Pokedex, be compatible with home but also have in game storage so that you could store Pokemon not in Galar without a subscription, include bottle caps or a breading system so that previous gen Pokemon not in Galar could still be bred, and just generally be designed for battling without needing to include a full on story. It seems like this would be a great way of keeping these things around without needing to put them in a main line game if it had a solid online battle mode.

Personally I prefer frying my Whishcash Fillets in a cornbread dredge rather than a proper breading, but to each their own.

What's a bottle cap in this context?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Moriatti posted:

They kidnapped the scientist who created it, were going after the only type (in-fiction) that was super effective against it, wanted a Master Ball and had a low-key presence in the place where Mewtwo resided.

There's also them going after fossils, because they knew about DNA reconstruction.

I don't think your average grunt knew what they were doing but there is a pretty clear pattern to their appearances outside of the Game Corner.

The Team Rocket plot in Gen One was one of best displays of subtle storytelling in the series. Sadly, since any other plot in the generation was nonexistent, it only hurt itself and went mostly unnoticed.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Funky Valentine posted:

The tracksuits will be useful for kitting out my trainer as a working class juvenile delinquent who threatens people with switchblades and an incomprehensible accent.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Post your Alola League predictions itt

Not shown because I couldn't find clean art: The bracket winner fights Masked Royal

The brackets are based on the order the matches are listed in but I feel like they have to be incorrect because Ash vs Guzma should come later and the top-right quarter doesn't have anyone who seems like the writers would want in the semi-finals

Not shown: Ash beats Gladion then loses to Masked Royal; during the semi-finals Jessie somehow convinces Bewear to fight for her

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Why does Masked guy get an automatic bid to the finals? Is this Karate Kid 3 rules?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Why does Masked guy get an automatic bid to the finals? Is this Karate Kid 3 rules?

Because Masked Royal is Professor Kakui and he’s the one who set this tournament up to begin with.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
It's Meowth

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Larryb posted:

Because Masked Royal is Professor Kakui and he’s the one who set this tournament up to begin with.

Setting up a tournament where you automatically are in the finals is messed up.

Also you teach GRADE SCHOOL, "professor"

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

The world needs more yamper content.

https://twitter.com/rainbowfission/status/1148673440381054978

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Procrastine posted:

Post your Alola League predictions itt

Not shown because I couldn't find clean art: The bracket winner fights Masked Royal

The brackets are based on the order the matches are listed in but I feel like they have to be incorrect because Ash vs Guzma should come later and the top-right quarter doesn't have anyone who seems like the writers would want in the semi-finals

Not shown: Ash beats Gladion then loses to Masked Royal; during the semi-finals Jessie somehow convinces Bewear to fight for her

You got the order wrong, its confirmed that ash and hau fight in the second round.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Lillie could easily kick Gladion's rear end.

Also is this the first time Jessie and James have a real pokemon battle against each other?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

Lillie could easily kick Gladion's rear end.

Also is this the first time Jessie and James have a real pokemon battle against each other?

As far as I remember yes, I'm definitely looking forward to that one. Mallow Vs Lana could be fun as well.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jul 9, 2019

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Mina should wipe the floor with Sophocles and Lana should embarrass Mallow imo

e: not literally embarrass, just thoroughly whip her mons' asses

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Setting up a tournament where you automatically are in the finals is messed up.

Hey, he can be a professor and also teach grade school! Special projects and all.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Larryb posted:

As far as I remember yes, I'm definitely looking forward to that one. Mallow Vs Lana could be fun as well.

Didn’t James blast Jessie and Meowth off that one time when they were trying to kidnap Pokémon his grandparents were taking care of?

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

You got the order wrong, its confirmed that ash and hau fight in the second round.

Confirmed where? I remember a promotional image posted somewhere in this thread that implied Ash would fight Ilima, Hau, Gladion and Guzma but I can't find anything

fake edit: Oh it's from upcoming episode summaries/titles

It'd be sick if Jessie somehow got Bewear to fight for her in the league tho

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

indigi posted:

Mina should wipe the floor with Sophocles and Lana should embarrass Mallow imo

e: not literally embarrass, just thoroughly whip her mons' asses

Unless future episode titles say otherwise I'm pretty sure Mallow has no chance (anime Lana is terrifying when she gets serious).

Silver2195 posted:

Didn’t James blast Jessie and Meowth off that one time when they were trying to kidnap Pokémon his grandparents were taking care of?

What season was this?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Larryb posted:

Unless future episode titles say otherwise I'm pretty sure Mallow has no chance (anime Lana is terrifying when she gets serious).

What season was this?

Battle Frontier. The second episode of the PUSA dub, in fact (although James's VA actually does a decent job in it, unlike in the previous episode): https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/AG147

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
ash loses to faba, guzma wins pokemon league

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Look, the job market prospects for a PhD in Pokemon Moves has been tough for a few years now, Kukui does what he has to.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

RatHat posted:

I'm soft resetting the Odd egg in Crystal for an Elekid. If I get a shiny(except for Elekid) and reset it am I a bad person? All the odd egg Pokemon shinies look like trash.

No, shiny hunting is all about getting what you want. Get that shiny Elekid man. Also, shiny magby is cool and good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Shiny Tyrogue is honestly an improvement over base Tyrogue.