Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you wish to win the Democratic primaries?
This poll is closed.
Joe Biden, the Inappropriate Toucher 18 1.46%
Bernie Sanders, the Hand Flailer 665 54.11%
Elizabeth Warren, the Plan Maker 319 25.96%
Kamala Harris, the Cop Lord 26 2.12%
Cory Booker, the Super Hero Wannabe 5 0.41%
Julian Castro, the Twin 5 0.41%
Kirsten Gillibrand, the Franken Killer 5 0.41%
Pete Buttigieg, the Troop Sociopath 17 1.38%
Robert Francis O'Rourke, the Fake Latino 3 0.24%
Jay Inslee, the Climate Alarmist 8 0.65%
Marianne Williamson, the Crystal Queen 86 7.00%
Tulsi Gabbard, the Muslim Hater 23 1.87%
Andrew Yang, the $1000 Fool 32 2.60%
Eric Swalwell, the Insurance Wife Guy 2 0.16%
Amy Klobuchar, the Comb Enthusiast 1 0.08%
Bill de Blasio, the NYPD Most Hated 4 0.33%
Tim Ryan, the Dope Face 3 0.24%
John Hickenlooper, the Also Ran 7 0.57%
Total: 1229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

I hope Warren will do the right thing and also thank Ross Perot for his service (although she'll just be copying Bernie, like on every other issue)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Trabisnikof posted:

That doesn't sound like a trap at all. Like do you think it was a "trap" all the other times he ran for office or declared he was spending big bucks on some issue?

By that standard every single other candidate engaged in the "trap" of discussing an important issue before announcing their candidacy.

Dude's going to get owned and I don't see how supporting Impeachment is some sort of trickery.

Wait when did Steyer run for office previously? He's talked about it forever but I don't recall him ever running for anything himself.

VH4Ever posted:

vvvvvvvvvvvvvv I disagree, Bernie. gently caress him too. Billionaire. vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Perot gave him a sword so I understand Bernie wanting to say a nice thing or two about the man.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Midgetskydiver posted:

Yeah I'm sure your situation was exactly like hers and now you're pure enough to run for President. Congrats!

i can't believe you're screaming "purity testing :qq:" over a white woman claiming membership in a minority group for a decent chunk of her life, despite her interest in her native ancestry stopping at actually meeting any native americans or getting involved in the tribes she felt she hailed from

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Wicked Them Beats posted:

Wait when did Steyer run for office previously? He's talked about it forever but I don't recall him ever running for anything himself.

Perot gave him a sword so I understand Bernie wanting to say a nice thing or two about the man.

1: he threatened to multiple times but never went through with it.

2: yeah I understand, just wanted to throw a "gently caress Perot, too" in there for good measure while I was rib kicking billionaires.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

VH4Ever posted:

1: he threatened to multiple times but never went through with it.

2: yeah I understand, just wanted to throw a "gently caress Perot, too" in there for good measure while I was rib kicking billionaires.

Fair

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

lol what the poo poo

ross perot in hell
Jul 9, 2019

by VideoGames

Bernie, and I can't emphasize this enough, Sanders

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ross perot in hell posted:

Bernie, and I can't emphasize this enough, Sanders

this gimmick account isn't going to get old quick

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Lightning Knight posted:

lol what the poo poo

Ross Perot gave Bernie a big sword called Excalibur and they generally respected each other.

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug
Just a guess but I think this is his way of trying to grab all of those Perot voters.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Luckyellow posted:

Just a guess but I think this is his way of trying to grab all of those Perot voters.

You jest, but they exist to this day.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Bernie does have a mild case of Decorum poisoning, so I guess that's the explanation here.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

goethe.cx posted:

Welp, Bernie’s cancelled. Guess I’m voting Trump

You gotta let him finish first.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

ross perot was right about nafta

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Shear Modulus posted:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

e. warren: *pretends she's native american for huge chunks of her life*

thread: :shrug:

bernie sanders: *pretends he's the king of england with the help of an old man*

thread: bernie's cancelled!

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

The most surprising thing about that tweet was learning that up until today Ross Perot was still alive.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
I need to see Tameshigiri videos of the sword in use to know whether it is a good sword or a shoddy replica

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
If he can lift the sword then who are we to argue

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Shear Modulus posted:

no he wasn't, those jobs were gone long before nafta was signed

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Who knew Avalon was in Vermont?

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Are there any ways to integrate schools other than busing

Technically, busing didn't work all that well either. It was too limited - white families simply fled districts with significant black populations, and migrated to suburbs in mostly-white districts. Redlining and other housing segregation tactics, as well as economic disparities between racial groups, effectively prevented black families from following them.

Since desegregation plans rarely crossed district boundaries, and the Supreme Court held that they couldn't be forced to do so, busing was essentially rendered moot by white flight.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

Failed Imagineer posted:

If he can lift the sword then who are we to argue

Drawing that sword from the stone of racesexism was actually a prerequisite of Bernie's 2016 primary run.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1148609995883331585

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Wicked Them Beats posted:

The most surprising thing about that tweet was learning that up until today Ross Perot was still alive.

Right?

Cerebral Bore posted:

Bernie does have a mild case of Decorum poisoning, so I guess that's the explanation here.

It's this. Bernie's not perfect; he's a compromise candidate. This is mildly annoying, but no one outside of this thread and probably some of twitter actually cares.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls/status/1148450803641925634

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

VH4Ever posted:

It was always leading up to this, wasn't it? Motherfucker.

https://twitter.com/TomSteyer/status/1148579342680637440

Proud to say I never fell for this billionaire's "Impeach to save America!" horseshit bait and switch lie trap.
Have to say this is a pretty good launch. Tells his personal story right off the bat. Guy speaks clearly and dynamically and in a compelling way. These are basically Bernie's blind spots and he's taking them head on. I'm under no illusion that he's a good candidate or that he has a real shot, but he knows what he's doing.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Right, because national public opinion polling can predict the outcome of the electoral college. :thunk:

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Condiv posted:

e. warren: *pretends she's native american for huge chunks of her life*

thread: :shrug:

Warren: I'm a subject matter expert on helping the working class, I created a federal agency to protect consumers, I have plans for literally everything under the sun and am probably 2x as competent as almost any other politician.

Condiv: I can't stand her for some reason that is definitely not sexism also I repeat Trump lies about her but don't call me out on that

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedNews/status/1148699440720388096

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Wow, it's almost as if the media being entirely uncritical of any of Warren's plans makes them look better than they actually are, in the eyes of voters.:thunk:

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

There has never been a man or a woman more qualified that Elizabeth Warren to serve as president of the United States of America.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Jaxyon posted:

Warren: I'm a subject matter expert on helping the working class, I created a federal agency to protect consumers, I have plans for literally everything under the sun and am probably 2x as competent as almost any other politician.

Condiv: I can't stand her for some reason that is definitely not sexism also I repeat Trump lies about her but don't call me out on that

The extreme competence of No Hospital Left Behind.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Calibanibal posted:

There has never been a man or a woman more qualified that Elizabeth Warren to serve as president of the United States of America.

Boy, if that's not a death knell for her chances of beating Trump, I don't know what is.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Cerebral Bore posted:

The extreme competence of No Hospital Left Behind.

LOL yeah dude she's basically Paul Ryan over there, good call

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Jaxyon posted:

It is disappointing to see people lash out with accusations of sexism just because of disagreement over policy.

Jaxyon posted:

Why keep posting in this thread if you're just going to throw out insults and make worthless quips like that? You aren't convincing anyone because you aren't making any points besides accusing posters you don't like of sexism.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Jaxyon posted:

It's a really bad plan, op. Indeed, a lot of her plans are pretty bad, when you delve into the nitty-gritty.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Trabisnikof posted:

It is disappointing to see people lash out with accusations of sexism just because of disagreement over policy.

"I'm literally repeating a Trump smear" is a policy disagreement?

Trabisnikof posted:

Why keep posting in this thread if you're just going to throw out insults and make worthless quips like that? You aren't convincing anyone because you aren't making any points besides accusing posters you don't like of sexism.

I rarely post in this thread, but liberals and leftists don't ever seem to want to talk about unconscious bias as it pertains to themselves, it's always something other people do.

You don't have to listen to me, but I'll keep bringing it up.

Jaxyon fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jul 9, 2019

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Majorian posted:

Boy, if that's not a death knell for her chances of beating Trump, I don't know what is.

I think the obvious solution would be for Bernie to adopt some of Warren's policies, that way you get best of both worlds: warrne's popular policies and bernie's electability

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Jaxyon posted:

It's pretty telling that you can't even begin to actually defend your claims.