Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Just catching back up with the thread but,

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

i dated a girl for a while who had blonde hair and a particular haircut. we also had a very good sex life and liked (very tame) bdsm stuff. I had never really given that a shot but found it hot that she was into me being dominant etc.

after we broke up, i would not-infrequently see women with similar hair cuts in public. I would be attracted to them, but then realize that they were all older women. then, one day, the following thoughts hit me in rapid succession:

1. oh, it's an older lady haircut
2. my mom has that haircut
3. my mom had blonde hair too
4. well I couldn't have been attracted to that girl just because she looked like my mom. In fact, a big part of our sexual attraction came because i enjoyed domina...

5. oh no

:ohno:

E: Pumped that this quote is a page snipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Example, his top name picks include Ranger, Ryder, Flash, Sixx, Baratheon, Ender, Trapper...yeah. YEAH. TELL ME I'M THE CRAZY ONE. And as if those are frightening enough, he wants to loving pair them up. Imagine my poor son living his life named Sixx Baratheon [surname].
this kid's going to end up marrying fiasco

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Play posted:

This is pretty drat old-fashioned. Any school, doctor visit, and field trip is going to have a record of who the parents are or won't really care so long as the child goes willingly. That's a very bad reason for a woman to always have to take a man's name. Source: my nuclear family has 5 last names

I don't think she should have to change her name, I think they should hyphenate the kids names if she wants to keep hers. Also while in theory there shouldn't be a problem all it takes is one dickhead or moron to make everything a pain in the rear end.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for renting my Airbnb house just days before my sister planned to stay there? It was part of our agreement but she says because of the timing, I'm a major rear end in a top hat.

I guess where to start. This is a throwaway because I'm very active on the Airbnb sub and I don't want people to misconstrue that this is somehow a backdoor advertisement for my place.

I'm 23, about 5 years ago I got a really nice inheritance from grandmother after years and years of probate. I am madly in love with this little ski town in Northern New Mexico so I went and bought a condo there. I use it whenever I can but to make it feasible I also put it on Airbnb. It doesn't really make me any money but I figure I'm allowing other people to pay my equity and plus I have an awesome place I can use whenever I want.

I try to be generous with my family regarding the condo, but after years of it being on the Airbnb market I finally had to tell people that I can't accept long term "free" reservations. It just happened too many times where all my friends and family would reserve big holidays or whatever months in advance and then not only would I miss out on the income from those big events, a few times they didn't even show or arrived late or left early. (To illustrate how big a deal this is, I make 80% of my yearly income payment over about 25 days of holidays...it's a huge deal to miss out on that income).

My sister and I are sisters for sure but we don't really get along that well. It's even more exacerbated because she blew through all of her inheritance in about two years and really doesn't have much to show for it. So my house is a major thorn in her side. In April she asked me if she could "reserve" my condo for 4th of July week. I told her I couldn't block it out on my Airbnb calendar but as long as no one rented it, she could use it. I even looked through my texts and I even told her when we were talking about this "please understand that if someone rents it last minute, I have to be able to get the income." She agreed to that.

I thought it would be a non-issue because the place always rents well in advance for 4th of July but this year it didn't. She was supposed to drive up Saturday the 29th. On Friday the 28th I got a rental request for not only 4th of July week (at the premium price) they wanted to stay on through middle of September. This is thousands of dollars which will help me install a new hot water heater.

I told my sister that I was sorry but the place rented last minute so I had to let it go to the paying customer. Well all hell broke loose. She screamed her head off at me saying that she had made non refundable rafting reservations, made special arrangements with her ex to get the kids that week and soured her relationship with her boss for extra vacation time.

I told her I was really sorry but that had been part of our agreement. She said I was a stupid bitch and our agreement meant that last minute meant like week prior, not the day prior. I hung up on her because I don't need to be called names. But then I got many calls from my other siblings and mom saying that I was really screwing my sister over.

Was I the rear end in a top hat?
i'm pretty sure airbnb does let you block out dates, and asking back in april seems like a reasonable heads-up. so yta, she could have done that back then.

but her sister is definitely also an entitled rear end in a top hat cheapskate that could have rented it and come to an agreement to pay half or something. its genuinely amazing how family/partner money makes everyone so god drat stupid.

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

cumshitter posted:

Naturally with great power comes great responsibility. One time, I was envisioning the penii of our interns when I realized one of them was developing the beginnings of testicular cancer. Obviously I couldn't reveal my powers to him. So I led the office in a male health seminar, stressing the importance of regular self-examination.

I monitored it and the cancer continued to grow. So my husband and I pulled some strings and had an elaborate corporate party complete with a band. We encouraged the afflicted intern to body surf the crowd, which gave us both a socially acceptable way to gently fondle his balls and later reveal his diagnosis to him in private.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Xaris posted:

i'm pretty sure airbnb does let you block out dates, and asking back in april seems like a reasonable heads-up. so yta, she could have done that back then.

but her sister is definitely also an entitled rear end in a top hat cheapskate that could have rented it and come to an agreement to pay half or something. its genuinely amazing how family/partner money makes everyone so god drat stupid.

Pretty loving rude to cancel on her like 24 hours in advance. But you’re right, if I were using someone’s place like that during a busy week, I would drat sure pay them for sacrificing some income, this way poo poo like that probably won’t happen.

Also the airbnb renter is renting it for like 2 entire months. lovely of the owner but I guess I understand. I still really wanna hate the owner though.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

i was so ready to hate the entitled family members, but if you ask 3 months in advance, make flight reservations, get time off work... and then get dropped 24 hours in advance, that sucks. I'm not sure how much the sister could get refunded or credited but that's a big deal even in the best case scenario.

If this is OP's primary source of income, she really needs to say that holidays are off limits, period. There's no way to make it work if you're still going to give people the boot with less than a day's notice. If you owned a restaurant, you wouldn't let your family take over the place (and eat for free) on Mother's Day or whenever.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA For charging 3,000$ for her to get her dog back?

So here's the situation: I love dogs. So much so that my entire career at this point is dog related. Part time at a pet store with dog grooming, part time at an abused/unadoptable pet sanctuary, volunteering at animal shelters on my days off and squeezing in dog sitting jobs in the tiniest bit of free time I have left over. Make no mistake, I love me a good puppo- despite not having one of my own because I'm still living with my parents.

So recently my mom's friend (We'll call her Lauren) asked me to look after her little chihuahua, Bonnie for the weekend, and I agreed. Thing is, that was five months ago. After the weekend was up I couldn't get ahold of Lauren. In fact, no one could. I tracked down the Lauren's daughter who explained to me that her mom had Munchausen Syndrome and had been hopping hospitals trying to get a doctor to agree with her. What's worse, is that Bonnie wasn't Lauren's only dog. Lauren had left Bonnie's blind and deaf big brother Wilson in the yard of condemned house where he died of neglect and exposure three months ago, after the person Lauren asked to keep an eye on him stopped being able to come by to feed him.

Last week Lauren finally called me to say she was coming to pick Bonnie up on the 26th. Thing is, my family and I have fallen in love with this goofy little dog, and I don't want to give her up without knowing she's going to a good place. After some thought, I told Lauren that I'd be happy to give her dog back if she could:

-Prove to me that she has a secured place of residence (that isn't her condemned house)

-Prove to me that she has an income and

-Pay me back for all the days of dog sitting, vet fees, and costs of the supplies I needed to take care of Bonnie.

That last bit is where this goes from 'I'm obviously not the rear end in a top hat' to 'maybe I am?'

See, I charge on the lower end for dog sitting. About 15$ for a half an hour visit and 20$ for overnight. As of last week Bonnie has been with me for 111 days at overnight charges. That's a starting cost of 2,220$, a 500$ vet bill from when I had to get some of Bonnie's teeth pulled, and another 250$ of just general pet supplies like food, treats, poop bags ect. All together it'll be over 3,000$ by the 26th when she claims she'll come and get her dog.

When I told Lauren this she burst out in tears. Explaining to me that she needed Bonnie now that Wilson was gone. That the dog was her life, but she couldn't afford my fees. I don't doubt that Lauren loves this dog, and she's obviously not mentally well and could use a companion to keep her grounded. But at the same time I don't know how much I can trust a woman who just dumped her dogs on two unsuspecting people without a word for months on end, and had one of them die of neglect because of it.

So let me have it reddit, aita for not giving this woman's dog back until she pays me the 3 grand? Let me know if I'm being unreasonable here.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
/r/relationships: he knew there had to be more to the story of why my face was so messed up

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

nankeen posted:

this kid's going to end up marrying fiasco
The dad's idea of 'fun' is 'named after media i, the dad, think is fun'. Like drat dude your kid probably isn't going to give a poo poo about GoT.

And ofc he can't just agree to name his kid Robert because it has to be obvious what media he's naming his son after.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
AITA for hosting my bf’s birthday meal somewhere that didn’t serve pizza because that’s ALL he eats?

quote:

My boyfriend is an extremely successful professional. He’s kind and humble, definitely has a nice body, etc. He’s well adjusted in literally everything else bar diet.

We’ve been together 3 years and in that time all I’ve noticed this guy will eat is goddamn pizza. Most days he’ll go to one of those cheap halal places and buy a small pizza, cut it up and toss it into a salad.

Family gatherings, he’ll go straight for the pizza. Dinner time, pizza. We go to 5 guys, he’ll get a freaking grilled cheese with a side of pickles. Date night. Fancy pizza places. He will not stray.

I’ve spoke to him about it and he just shrugs and says its what he prefers. I’ve told him how upsetting it is for my boyfriend and I to want to experience interesting cuisine together but I can’t do that because all he’ll eat when we are out is pizza. I’ve asked him if it’s a comfort thing or if he thinks he has an eating disorder, but he just swears up and down he actually just likes and prefers pizza. I’ve asked him to be more adventurous and he says he will but never actually does.

His birthday was last week and I was just so at my wits end and sick of goddamn pizza that I organized dinner at a Japanese place which my parents love and his parents love. We went and he was genuinely so upset that there was no pizza he just drank cocktails all night and didn’t eat at all. He was a good sport and engaging to everybody but I felt awful that he didn’t eat.

When we were on our way home he thanked me but said he was really sad that he didn’t get to eat his favorite food.

I’m in 2 minds about whether or not I’m the rear end in a top hat here, because I feel bad he didn’t get to eat at his own birthday dinner but at the same time, I’ve never seen him eat anything else other than pizza and that’s god’s honest truth.

EDIT: I’ve apologized to my lovely boyfriend and he’s readily and happily accepted it. He acknowledged why I did it and told me he understands its frustrating.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

Haifisch posted:

AITA for hosting my bf’s birthday meal somewhere that didn’t serve pizza because that’s ALL he eats?

Goddammit did that New York girl not dump him or is this another one

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA For charging 3,000$ for her to get her dog back?

So here's the situation: I love dogs. So much so that my entire career at this point is dog related. Part time at a pet store with dog grooming, part time at an abused/unadoptable pet sanctuary, volunteering at animal shelters on my days off and squeezing in dog sitting jobs in the tiniest bit of free time I have left over. Make no mistake, I love me a good puppo- despite not having one of my own because I'm still living with my parents.

So recently my mom's friend (We'll call her Lauren) asked me to look after her little chihuahua, Bonnie for the weekend, and I agreed. Thing is, that was five months ago. After the weekend was up I couldn't get ahold of Lauren. In fact, no one could. I tracked down the Lauren's daughter who explained to me that her mom had Munchausen Syndrome and had been hopping hospitals trying to get a doctor to agree with her. What's worse, is that Bonnie wasn't Lauren's only dog. Lauren had left Bonnie's blind and deaf big brother Wilson in the yard of condemned house where he died of neglect and exposure three months ago, after the person Lauren asked to keep an eye on him stopped being able to come by to feed him.

Last week Lauren finally called me to say she was coming to pick Bonnie up on the 26th. Thing is, my family and I have fallen in love with this goofy little dog, and I don't want to give her up without knowing she's going to a good place. After some thought, I told Lauren that I'd be happy to give her dog back if she could:

-Prove to me that she has a secured place of residence (that isn't her condemned house)

-Prove to me that she has an income and

-Pay me back for all the days of dog sitting, vet fees, and costs of the supplies I needed to take care of Bonnie.

That last bit is where this goes from 'I'm obviously not the rear end in a top hat' to 'maybe I am?'

See, I charge on the lower end for dog sitting. About 15$ for a half an hour visit and 20$ for overnight. As of last week Bonnie has been with me for 111 days at overnight charges. That's a starting cost of 2,220$, a 500$ vet bill from when I had to get some of Bonnie's teeth pulled, and another 250$ of just general pet supplies like food, treats, poop bags ect. All together it'll be over 3,000$ by the 26th when she claims she'll come and get her dog.

When I told Lauren this she burst out in tears. Explaining to me that she needed Bonnie now that Wilson was gone. That the dog was her life, but she couldn't afford my fees. I don't doubt that Lauren loves this dog, and she's obviously not mentally well and could use a companion to keep her grounded. But at the same time I don't know how much I can trust a woman who just dumped her dogs on two unsuspecting people without a word for months on end, and had one of them die of neglect because of it.

So let me have it reddit, aita for not giving this woman's dog back until she pays me the 3 grand? Let me know if I'm being unreasonable here.

NTA, my girlfriend still regrets not doing this with a dog she loved and had taken care of for months. The worthless piece of poo poo street kid dog owner came back to pick it up and came back two days later claiming the dog was stolen, but we heard from good authority that the dude was on acid and just walked away from the dog in the middle of downtown san francisco. She proves she can care for the dog, and that means paying you for your time and effort, or she can go gently caress. I'm pretty sure that's how the expression goes

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Don't date food weirds.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

Haifisch posted:

This sort of poo poo drives me crazy. Both that the guy is such a child and the girl was such an rear end in a top hat that she deliberately went to someplace she knew he wouldn't like the food. Maybe your encounter therapy could have waited to a non-birthday day.

The reverse of this is equally infuriating: People who, having eaten a type of food once in the recent past, cannot imagine eating it again ANY TIME SOON.

"We can't have pizza, we had that eight days ago! And we can't have Mexican, we had that a week ago! And we can't get Chinese because we had that in August! And we can't and we can't and we can't" on ad infinitum until you finally say:

"Well, what do you want then?"

And they say

"I don't care, whatever."

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Dazerbeams posted:

Don't date

You got it

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

My mother (52/F) found and read the eulogy I (19/M) wrote for her.

:whitewater:
hahahahaha

quote:

I certainly can't lie and say it was for some short story or something ; it mentions personal details about her and her death.
i need to know what the fictional death was. like if i found that my son had been getting emotional and writing pre-death eulogies about me it would warm my heart, but entirely conditional on whether i got a cool death scene or not

Play
Apr 25, 2006

JonathonSpectre posted:

This sort of poo poo drives me crazy. Both that the guy is such a child and the girl was such an rear end in a top hat that she deliberately went to someplace she knew he wouldn't like the food. Maybe your encounter therapy could have waited to a non-birthday day.

I wouldn't say she's an rear end in a top hat because she needed to find out if he really would ONLY eat pizza even if there wasn't pizza. She has her answer now and she should leave him, he'll probably be a fat blob in a few years and he's clearly emotionally stunted to age 5 when pizza was all a person wanted in life

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

That guy at least sounds remarkably put together outside of the pizza thing. Like, eating a salad (with pizza), successful, being fit, being sociable despite not getting what he wanted.

The other guy was a shitbag and a picky eater

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Politically different views in a relationship, can it work?

My SO (35M) and I (29F) have differing political views. I am moderate but he is essentially on a “far” side. We have been together for almost 3 years. It seems like we can’t have a political discussion without me getting upset because I feel he railroads over any argument I make and that he won’t concede any points whatsoever. Even though I agree with him on some things, anything I feel strongly about he disagrees with. We have worked on fighting more fair throughout our relationship but it seems like politics is the one place that we can’t,

We are long distance so we haven’t spent much time with each other’s friend groups, but at this point I’m concerned/anxious about any political discussion that comes up. I also hate talking about politics with him because of how I feel. He says all the time that I can’t convince him of anything and he won’t change his mind which is why I get upset, which may be true because I feel like the key to success in our country is moderation 🤷🏼‍♀️

We have talked about couples counseling in general, and are working on trying to set something up.

TL;DR Has anyone made a politically different relationship work or have seen it work? We are talking marriage and this is the biggest concern for me about our relationship. He’s not concerned about our differing political views and doesn’t think it’s a reason to end our relationship

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I'm trying to figure out "buy a pizza, chop it up, and sprinkle it on salad." Why not just... eat a slice of pizza and a side salad?

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Antivehicular posted:

I'm trying to figure out "buy a pizza, chop it up, and sprinkle it on salad." Why not just... eat a slice of pizza and a side salad?

What, and have a salad without pizza in it? Gross

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Haifisch posted:

Make it.. in pizza form. :hai:

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Putting chopped up pizza into a salad is absolutely baffling lol. He probably told her he does it to make it seem like all he eats is pizza, but in a healthy way

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

"Smirking_Serpent" posted:

I feel like the key to success in our country is moderation 🤷🏼‍♀️
What is the moderate view regarding putting kids in cages?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Leon Einstein posted:

Publicly oppose it, do nothing to stop them.

I call it, "The Democrats"!

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
My wife's mom made pizza soup one time when my wife was a kid.

My mother in law had no sense of smell and therefore a poor sense of taste. She is also a crazy hoarder who doesn't want to throw away expired ingredients. Apparently it went as well as one would expect.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Dewgy posted:

It's not weird when someone who isn't a prick deals with it, he just sounds like a prick.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong but I think she just wants some more intimacy from husband who only works, has sex once a month and goes to bed while the suns still up and he's just not able to realize it. The whole "making noise while he's trying to sleep by kicking the same trashcan every night and then moving it back to do it again" thing kinda seems like someone who is craving attention but is too non confrontational to just straight up say it. This situation will probably resolve itself when she moves to across the country to be with some dude she met in league of legends or whatever.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Haifisch posted:

I live in the American Pizza Building on West 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Pizza Cheeseman. I’m 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself, and a balanced diet and a rigorous exercise routine. In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I’ll put on an ice pack while eating my pepperoni bunches. I can eat a thousand now. After I remove the ice pack I use a wood-fired cleanser oven. In the shower I use a grease activated gel cleanser, then a marinara cashew body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating basil scrub. Then I apply an deep-dish facial masque which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no flour, because gluten dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye dough followed by a final mozzarella protective lotion. There is an idea of a Pizza Cheeseman. Some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me. Only a recipe. Something illusory. And though I can hide my cheese glaze, and you can shake my hand and feel stuffed crust gripping yours, and maybe you can even sense our baking styles are probably comparable, I simply am not there.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Politically different views in a relationship, can it work?

My SO (35M) and I (29F) have differing political views. I am moderate but he is essentially on a “far” side. We have been together for almost 3 years. It seems like we can’t have a political discussion without me getting upset because I feel he railroads over any argument I make and that he won’t concede any points whatsoever. Even though I agree with him on some things, anything I feel strongly about he disagrees with. We have worked on fighting more fair throughout our relationship but it seems like politics is the one place that we can’t,

We are long distance so we haven’t spent much time with each other’s friend groups, but at this point I’m concerned/anxious about any political discussion that comes up. I also hate talking about politics with him because of how I feel. He says all the time that I can’t convince him of anything and he won’t change his mind which is why I get upset, which may be true because I feel like the key to success in our country is moderation 🤷🏼‍♀️

We have talked about couples counseling in general, and are working on trying to set something up.

TL;DR Has anyone made a politically different relationship work or have seen it work? We are talking marriage and this is the biggest concern for me about our relationship. He’s not concerned about our differing political views and doesn’t think it’s a reason to end our relationship

prescription: guillotine. yes, both of them. just to be sure

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

PetraCore posted:

The dad's idea of 'fun' is 'named after media i, the dad, think is fun'. Like drat dude your kid probably isn't going to give a poo poo about GoT.
Definitely not. By the time the kid is old enough to be interested in sitting down and watching a TV show with hour-long episodes that revolves around political intrigue, GoT will have been off the air for well over a decade.

Besides, setting your kid up for catching poo poo about his name for years on end pretty much guarantees the kid will grow to hate hate hate GoT. Why couldn't dad have named me a normal name rather than his stupid old person show?

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

MagusofStars posted:

Definitely not. By the time the kid is old enough to be interested in sitting down and watching a TV show with hour-long episodes that revolves around political intrigue, GoT will have been off the air for well over a decade.

Besides, setting your kid up for catching poo poo about his name for years on end pretty much guarantees the kid will grow to hate hate hate GoT. Why couldn't dad have named me a normal name rather than his stupid old person show?

he's a weak child if he lets this impact him, i swear this or else my name isn't Chachi Mork Bunker

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its real good cause not only is he named after an old person show, theyre named after a bad old person show.

Please, meet my son Manimal.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

cumshitter posted:

Naturally with great power comes great responsibility. One time, I was envisioning the penii of our interns when I realized one of them was developing the beginnings of testicular cancer. Obviously I couldn't reveal my powers to him. So I led the office in a male health seminar, stressing the importance of regular self-examination.

I monitored it and the cancer continued to grow. So my husband and I pulled some strings and had an elaborate corporate party complete with a band. We encouraged the afflicted intern to body surf the crowd, which gave us both a socially acceptable way to gently fondle his balls and later reveal his diagnosis to him in private.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

"No, no, no. This is beautiful...this is art."

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Leon Einstein posted:

Cringey as that is, given statistics I'm willing to bet she's the less lovely one in the story.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I (26m) want laser hair removal, but my girlfriend (22f) is fighting me.

I have gotten a full Brazilian wax + butt cheeks for the last few years because I personally like how it feels. Over time, though, it adds up, at around $50 a month, and I'd like to get laser hair removal over the areas I currently wax. But, my girlfriend is fighting me on it. We've tried talking about it a few times, and every time she tells me she isn't against me doing it, but that now isn't the right time. If I try to press further about when the right time will be, she gets frustrated and says she's tired of having the same discussion. At first she told me it she was worried it wasn't safe, and I showed her that it was. Then, it was a money issue, but when I pointed out that it wasn't THAT expensive, her reasons changed to, 'you should go see a dermatologist before you get it, etc' because it's too serious in her mind for me to choose to do without medical advise. I've watched Groupons come and go, and I'm just wondering, what can I do?

Tl;DR I want to zap off my pubes, gf seems to be blocking me, what should I/we do?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

MasBrillante posted:

Selfish, rude, loud and gross.

DONT. SIGN. YOUR. POSTS

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vim Fuego posted:

DONT. SIGN. YOUR. POSTS

WOAH. I am not gross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

welcome to hell
Jun 9, 2006
How did you get over your SOs sexual past?

quote:

Is it possible to move on from their past? My fiancé is struggling with mine and want to know if it’s ever possible it’ll improve. X

commenter posted:

How many people are we talking here? Big difference between 15 and over 100.

OP posted:

Well 2. But one was out of relationship context.

commenter posted:

2 people? That's not even relevant. How old are you two?

OP posted:

27 & 31