Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

Calibanibal posted:

bernie is the knight of coins/pentacles

i did want to use cool people for the court cards but i think marx would be the best king of pentacles, with lenin as the knight

i thought about how to best represent capitalism with the four of pentacles and tbh i think i'd just have it be a pic of a burning tesla

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pieuvre armement
Feb 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
XIV. Temperance

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Feranon posted:

i did want to use cool people for the court cards but i think marx would be the best king of pentacles, with lenin as the knight

i thought about how to best represent capitalism with the four of pentacles and tbh i think i'd just have it be a pic of a burning tesla

idk the mall cop robot that promptly drowned itself seems pretty good too

Colonel Taint
Mar 14, 2004

Marianne seeks only to bless those in the tower.

Marianne W., a Politics of Love posted:

About a year ago, I moved into an apartment in New York City. Having moved there from a building that had a beautiful, peaceful view of a church courtyard, I was worried that I wouldn't be able to find such peace and tranquility on a busy midtown street. After being in my new apartment for a day, I was gazing at the view outside and realized I was offered here another kind of peace: the spiritual opportunity to bless all the people in the buildings I could see from my window. After several minutes of thinking about how wonderful all that was - about all the people working and living in those buildings to whom I could send my love on any given day - I realized that I was looking straight at Trump Tower from my window!

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
XIII. Death

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

is it bad to donate at least a dollar or two to my third impact orb empress

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

triple sulk posted:

it’s insanely based and will recharge your chakras. as you press donate you can feel your chi centering in your center of cosmic gravity

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

Eox posted:

XIII. Death

I was gonna say mccain. because john mccain is fuckin dead. lmao

the dude i used for the fool is kinda old news. maybe cruz could be the fool instead

no wait, jeb!

ross perot in hell
Jul 9, 2019

by VideoGames

Feranon posted:

I was gonna say mccain. because john mccain is fuckin dead. lmao

the dude i used for the fool is kinda old news. maybe cruz could be the fool instead

no wait, jeb!

fool is absolutely jeb! or possibly barack obama

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

triple sulk posted:

By donating money you are making a powerful statement that you are in a place of thriving not just surviving. Generosity opens the channels for life force flow. Energetically you are also calibrating your field to that which spiritually nourishes the life force within you. This magnetizes your field.

ross perot in hell
Jul 9, 2019

by VideoGames

super macho dude posted:

By donating money you are making a powerful statement that you are in a place of thriving not just surviving. Generosity opens the channels for life force flow. Energetically you are also calibrating your field to that which spiritually nourishes the life force within you. This magnetizes your field.

Breathe in. Click the donate to Mommy 2020 button. Breathe out. Trust in the abundance of universal flow.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

VI. The Lovers

e: these were earlier suggestions b/c I like the photos and general Roger Stone-ness, but the above is definitely my pick for symbolic reasons

LGD has issued a correction as of 01:14 on Jul 10, 2019

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

VII. The Chariot

Alternatively:

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

V. The Hierophant

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

LGD posted:

VI. The Lovers

e: these were earlier suggestions b/c I like the photos and general Roger Stone-ness, but the above is definitely my pick for symbolic reasons

this should be the lovers imo

pieuvre armement
Feb 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
When Marianne Williamson is President people will no longer feel the need to post images in spoiler tags for no reason at all

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Gringostar posted:

this should be the lovers imo

hahaha also a good choice

though symbolically I think Jeri and Jack Ryan work better

tbh you could probably do an entire set with just trump-related photos, maybe even just Trump-related Garrison cartoons

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

okay i feel like people arent taking tarot seriously and just doing like free association (chariots are vehicles!) and its honestly rather disrespectful

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

puve posted:

When Marianne Williamson is President people will no longer feel the need to post images in spoiler tags for no reason at all
NSFW
Nourishing Spiritual Formation Works

ross perot in hell
Jul 9, 2019

by VideoGames

Calibanibal posted:

okay i feel like people arent taking tarot seriously and just doing like free association (chariots are vehicles!) and its honestly rather disrespectful

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

puve posted:

pieuvre armement
Feb 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Calibanibal posted:

Thank you

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Calibanibal posted:

well why don't you show us your major arcana deck then :colbert:

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Calibanibal posted:

The image of JFK symbolizes the complexity of the meaning of the Chariot: The Fool (JFK, alternatively the American Consciousness) is close to completing what he set out to create long ago, back when the Magician revealed those tools to him. But enemies are now standing in his way, devious human enemies, bad circumstances, even confusion in his own mind. There's no more forward momentum; he feels he is fighting just to stay where he is.

It implies war, a struggle, and an eventual, hard-won victory over enemies, obstacles, nature, the uncertainties inside you.

Reversed, it means being overcome by such hardships, and being rooted to the place you had started your journey on.

:orb:

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Calibanibal posted:

my suggestions were serious!

Jack and Jeri Ryan are a very good choice for The Lovers because they capture most of the elements of the card in both its upright and inverted orientations: decisions about existing relationships, temptations of the heart, choices of partners, and most importantly: choices with lasting ramifications

Tin-Foil Hat Alex Jones is a pretty good fit for the hierophant, since he works for both ways of interpreting the card - learning divine truths from trusted sources in support of orthodoxy is definitely Alex Jones, as is completely disregarding received truths in favor of trusting your own judgement and finding the wisdom that comes from within
plus a sick hat

pieuvre armement
Feb 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
XXXII. The Evolution

pieuvre armement
Feb 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

triple sulk posted:

It's good. I don't have an atheist redditor joke

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

I was gonna have the hierophant be mike pence w/ a horse but Jones would be okay too.

maybe the sun could be that pic of trump staring directly into the eclipse?

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

the moon would obvs be the fly me to the moon credits background

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Feranon posted:

the moon would obvs be the fly me to the moon credits background

the moon would be a picture of mars

which it is a part of

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

this image (or one of the others from the event) should absolutely be featured, but not sure as what:

it's literally a globe, so it seems like it should be The World but I don't think it quite works for that symbolically

pieuvre armement
Feb 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LGD posted:

this image (or one of the others from the event) should absolutely be featured, but not sure as what:

it's literally a globe, so it seems like it should be The World but I don't think it quite works for that symbolically

I think that's a good comparison visually, or maybe
"In the whirlings is war"

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

for the sake of the cspam deck u could call #10 the orb of fortune instead of wheel :orb:

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Feranon posted:

for the sake of the cspam deck u could call #10 the orb of fortune instead of wheel :orb:

an orb is a wheel when transferred to a lower dimension

animist
Aug 28, 2018

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LGD posted:

VI. The Lovers

Bad writing in Voyager gave us Trump.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hypothesis: Marianne Williamson is the only real human being on this planet at this time in this universe.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Addamere posted:

Hypothesis: Marianne Williamson is the only real human being on this planet at this time in this universe.

if you gather 8 enchanted instruments she'll wake up

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Eox posted:

if you gather 8 enchanted instruments she'll wake up

I know yours is a Zelda reference, but I semi-unironically want this to be Marianne's theme song: https://youtu.be/ZmZMMSDx3Yg

quote:

Take a melody
Simple as can be
Give it some words and
Sweet harmony
Raise your voices
All day long now
Love grows strong now
Sing a melody of
Love, oh love

Love is the power
Love is the glory