Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Is there no Level 70 job quest Dancer armor? I just finished the quest, and I got Technical Step but no armor. I guess the only reason I assumed I'd get new armor is that Monk got equipment at level 50 and 60, so I figured all jobs did.

expac jobs don't get their artifact gear until they level cap that xpac. DRK and MCH and AST didn't get theirs at 50, only 60. Sam and RDM didn't get theirs at 60, only 70. Dancer and GUN will get theirs at 80

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Rhonne posted:

I wonder how confused those champions from beyond the rift where when they were summoned to fight Hades in a random void?

Imagine being summoned to fight Hades when you're in the shower or on the loo.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Road to lvl 70 GNB

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Ibblebibble posted:

Hmm, maybe the SSS Titania EX dummy is just overtuned, because I'm getting it down to 6%. Maybe it assumes you have full Ronkan?

someone talks about beating it with only 2 Ronkan pieces and AF4 gun

Hmm, maybe I'm just poo poo at the game.

sitting around 430 i beat the dummy with literally 0 seconds on the clock. i'm pretty sure a lucky crit or two probably swung it in my favor

it's pretty overtuned

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Kaubocks posted:

sitting around 430 i beat the dummy with literally 0 seconds on the clock. i'm pretty sure a lucky crit or two probably swung it in my favor

it's pretty overtuned

Apparently it's tuned for something like 10.4k DPS. I manage 9.5k at best :negative:

Who the gently caress tunes these

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Hunter Noventa posted:

Monk is a very much like-it-or-leave-it kind of Job. The core mechanics of it have been pretty consistent since ARR and suffice to say, if you don't like those, you don't like it. I started the game with it, and I'm still playing it, but I can see how people don't like it too. So it's not BAD the way MCH was last expansion, it's just...the same as it ever was.

i have a friend who's played monk and enjoyed it since launch, loved it with tornado kick rotation in SB, but hates it now that they've taken that away and thinks anatman and SSS are useless. so... YMMV

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474
Jan 12, 2006

eat your vegetables dot com
Man, pugging raid content in this game is an even worse experience than WoW. What's the best static recruitment spot, is there a discord or anything where higher-level players hang out? I'm a CE wow refugee without a ton of FF experience but I know how to do mechanics.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474 posted:

Man, pugging raid content in this game is an even worse experience than WoW. What's the best static recruitment spot, is there a discord or anything where higher-level players hang out? I'm a CE wow refugee without a ton of FF experience but I know how to do mechanics.

join the discord or ask in FC chat there's about 1k active goons and all sorts of statics recruiting

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Rhonne posted:

I wonder how confused those champions from beyond the rift where when they were summoned to fight Hades in a random void?

"Ah crap, I was hoping for Ifrit or Chimera. I don't remember this guy's mechanics."

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474
Jan 12, 2006

Blast of Confetti posted:

join the discord or ask in FC chat there's about 1k active goons and all sorts of statics recruiting

Unfortunately I'm not on the same DC as y'all but maybe I should just give up my house and move. I hear pretty bad things about mine (Crystal). I didn't pick it, the other converts from my WoW guild (most of whom quit) did :(

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474 fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jul 10, 2019

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Unfortunately I'm not on the same DC as y'all but maybe I should just give up my house and move. I hear pretty bad things about mine (Crystal). I didn't pick it, the other converts from my WoW guild (most of whom quit) did :(

I'm on Crystal and haven't had too many bad experiences. I mean, yeah, some PUGs haven't managed to beat the adds on TitaniaEX or whatever, but it's also the first week. But I've also managed to find groups to get two weapons already, and it's far less toxic in my experience than WoW was.

I just go down through the PF list and pick one that looks good until I find a decent one.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Welp, some of Primal's servers are open but not Excal. I feel like eh most DC are the same and ppl just recruit on PF too.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Hunter Noventa posted:

Monk is a very much like-it-or-leave-it kind of Job. The core mechanics of it have been pretty consistent since ARR and suffice to say, if you don't like those, you don't like it. I started the game with it, and I'm still playing it, but I can see how people don't like it too. So it's not BAD the way MCH was last expansion, it's just...the same as it ever was.

stumbles in drunkenly

ACTUALLY I WILL HAVE YOU KNOW THAT STOMBLOOD MACHINIST WAS PERFECT AND THIS IS A TRAVESTY AND I WANT TO SEE YOUR

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The Warrior of Light has accomplished their greatest feat yet - eating 65 large frogs in one sitting.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Ibblebibble posted:

stumbles in drunkenly

ACTUALLY I WILL HAVE YOU KNOW THAT STOMBLOOD MACHINIST WAS PERFECT AND THIS IS A TRAVESTY AND I WANT TO SEE YOUR

I am NOT taking off my pants!

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474
Jan 12, 2006

Axel Serenity posted:

I'm on Crystal and haven't had too many bad experiences. I mean, yeah, some PUGs haven't managed to beat the adds on TitaniaEX or whatever, but it's also the first week.

I admittedly have pretty low patience when I think a fight is extremely easy (like, say, Titania EX) but the only group on this DC I've found that could reliably get past the adds without half the group dying hit enrage every time*, and I'm too nice to point out maybe the dancer pulling 5k should be replaced. I have a 3-wipe rule for parties that aren't explicitly for learning. Much prefer to be in a group of competent players I know.

Found this discord called The Balance with a pretty hopping recruitment channel so hopefully there's something in there.

*not even like 0.1% enrage - more like 10

vvv drat, I was on Sargatanas before I moved to be with my wow buddies :'(

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474 fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Jul 10, 2019

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
My team is looking for a healer come Eden, will start running EX primals soon just to get meet ups rolling. Aether Data Center, raid is MWTh starting at 8:30 cst.

E: ^^Haha, we're primarily a Sarg team! 5 of us are on Sarg.

BrightWing fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Jul 10, 2019

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

:supaburn::supaburn::supaburn::supaburn::supaburn:

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I have to go to sleep I stayed up way too late watching the ending but jumping on the bandwagon way late

Amazing expansion, my fave Final Fantasy in decades, can't wait for Eden!

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

funkymonks posted:

Is Garlemalde confirmed as 6.0 or is it just speculation. I've seen it posted several times as if it's fact.

If we do go to Garlemalde I hope they take a page from FFXV and have it be super hosed up there from some sort of mini calamity. I would be a little disappointed going from the crazy poo poo in the first to just a magitek imperial setting.

In addition to the "oh it's the next obvious place to go, especially since we won't be shard-hopping again so quickly" answer, there's another factor that's making people think this as of 5.0: we've been getting progressively more and more Garlean assets set in Ilsabard for a while now, and now in 5.0 we actually get a reasonably developed look at an outdoor map for the city of Garlemald itself, complete with a scene taking place on a street corner. There's been a fair amount of work put into the Garlean capital area over the years, and it's going to be weird now if we don't go there at some point.

So 6.0 being Garlemald seems a safe bet just from that alone. The asset work is already being done to make it a reality. Never mind places like Bozja re-entering the conversation courtesy of the Hrothgar.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So how does this cross-realm play thing work now?

A friend of mine convinced me to play this game with them again, and in the interest of not being a turbo-nerd who outlevels them and becomes no fun (because our timezones don't line up perfectly) I'm tempted to make a secondary character to hang with goons. I assume I'd have to as my current character is on a different data center than the one listed in the OP.

EDIT; we're on crystal - reading up above a bit it looks like some of you all play on crystal too?

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Finished leveling AST and turned to WHM and not to drag up that discussion from a few days ago but jesus christ, it's like night and day. AST feels like a constant uphill battle in all content while WHM just strolls around like a god with three tools for every situation, each one with about twice the potency necessary to handle it. It doesn't really matter that AST can clear the content when it feels this lovely doing so.

Once I finish dragging AST through the MSQ, I'm considering potting WHM so I can see if the grass is greener on the other side. Or level DRK while waiting and hoping for AST buffs in 5.1.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Nuebot posted:

So how does this cross-realm play thing work now?

A friend of mine convinced me to play this game with them again, and in the interest of not being a turbo-nerd who outlevels them and becomes no fun (because our timezones don't line up perfectly) I'm tempted to make a secondary character to hang with goons. I assume I'd have to as my current character is on a different data center than the one listed in the OP.

EDIT; we're on crystal - reading up above a bit it looks like some of you all play on crystal too?

Anything you do with the random duty finder, or the party finder, can match you with anyone in the same datacentre. You can also travel to any server in that data centre to see people, but you can't join FCs, etc. You can still party with people and do world things.

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474
Jan 12, 2006

Cheap Trick posted:

Once I finish dragging AST through the MSQ, I'm considering potting WHM so I can see if the grass is greener on the other side. Or level DRK while waiting and hoping for AST buffs in 5.1.

I expected to think the AST complaints were overblown, because I did think that when nu-AST was all I'd tried. But the difference really is staggering.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I've been enjoying the new DRK, though I'm not to 80 yet (using it to go through the MSQ). It's actually pretty strong solo now; it seems almost impossible to die, and you still do decent damage.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
I just finished the MSQ. I've got some thoughts but its late and I'm tired as poo poo. I will say right now though that I was not expecting most of the last zone to take place in loving Rapture. That whole last area and everything to do with it was absolutely top-notch.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

World War Mammories posted:

as mentioned, the blue plus quests unlock more content - here's a list for ARR stuff https://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Guide:Progression_and_Level_Locked_Content

technically it's more efficient to do quests on your highest leveled job because the exp earned from quests doesn't get boosted by the armory bonus, but if you don't, who cares

e: oh, and do the hall of the novice if you ain't yet, gives good gear and an exp+ ring

"loving sweet, second chance points"

I just started as well, thank you for the link! I've been missing precious emotes and pets.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Anything you do with the random duty finder, or the party finder, can match you with anyone in the same datacentre. You can also travel to any server in that data centre to see people, but you can't join FCs, etc. You can still party with people and do world things.

Ah so if I wanted to join the guild I'd have to make on the main server, got it. That'll be something to consider then.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

The music for both the post-MSQ dungeons is sick.

The Twinning being a capstone to the "how the gently caress did they manage time travel" storyline is really good. It feels like bonus MSQ far more than most (any?) of the previous x.0 dungeons.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Rhonne posted:

I'm really curious what the other bosses in the Eden raid will be. I wonder if they'll all be FF8 based.

There is datamined poo poo out there that exposes what the bosses are, if you are the kind to go looking for spoilers.

aers posted:

The music for both the post-MSQ dungeons is sick.

The Twinning being a capstone to the "how the gently caress did they manage time travel" storyline is really good. It feels like bonus MSQ far more than most (any?) of the previous x.0 dungeons.

I've had the music playing on loop for the past hour now. So good.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoomBgiGEkQ

does this still work

Tearis
Jan 28, 2009
Lalafell crew yeah! Summoner AF looking good after the 60 and 70 sets being bizarre.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Saw the Eden raid boss datamine list and I’m not sure what to think.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The big reveal for finishing all four Role Quests is pretty cool.

The elven woman who kept showing up in the scenes but never got focused on was actually the Shadowkeeper the entire time. She was also a Warrior of Light of the 13th/The Void. The Ascians convinced her to come to the First and both create the Warriors of Light and be their villain as part of a goal to hasten a rejoining without creating another Void. Only she failed to kill them, failed to get killed herself, and then the Warriors killed the Ascians who sent her there and doomed everyone.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I've picked this up again after not playing since pre-heavensward.

If I'm up to "Lady Iceheart" (god alone knows who this could be??) how far along the MSQ am I?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

If you can't play with goons, statics tend to recruit in partyfinder or post on datacenter recruitment discords. A quick google found this one but there might be others.

https://discord.gg/ZNDGDTd

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

tithin posted:

If I'm up to "Lady Iceheart" (god alone knows who this could be??) how far along the MSQ am I?

From the sounds of it, you're in 2.4.

On the downside, you have close to 40 quests to go before you hit HW.

On the upside, you're well past the point where 2.X is just :shepicide:, so you have that going for you.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Alright, I finished MSQ last night and the expert dungeons earlier today. Still got a lot of stuff to do in this game:

-Finish getting all the Garo mounts (top priority)
-Level crafters and gatherers to 80
-Gunbreaker and Dancer to 70
-All jobs to 80
-Gear up for EX and Eden
-Work on the new FATE system
-Sightseeing log

And that's just what I can remember at the moment.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tithin posted:

You're nearing the end of it and you are also in the parts that are very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

tithin posted:

Lady Iceheart is exactly who you expect but it's also one of the best parts of the story overall.