Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

I can't quite tell from this map; will I have new beach front property in Roseville, or should I move a bit more east?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

los angeles wins again

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
I've got to admit the view of a sunken Sacramento is gonna be scenic.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
The only maybe good thing to come of this is that maybe, in my lifetime, I can see some Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou sunken city views.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

This is 50 meters of increased ocean level

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.
holy poo poo which ocean?

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Turtlicious posted:

You realize california is one of the only places that is going to survive the climate apocalypse right? Like we can fight fires, but you can't fight monsoons and loving tornadoes and blizzards and poo poo.

Like 90% of the entire world population is going to die, and only a few million of them will be in california

That's the climate apocalypse, how will it do in the nuclear apocalypse

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Dumb Lowtax posted:

According to the documentary Fallout: New Vegas, California comes out of that pretty well.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

FMguru posted:

According to the documentary Fallout: New Vegas, California comes out of that pretty well.

vegas california just wouldn't be the same

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dumb Lowtax posted:

I'm moving to Oregon which wins out in both nuclear and climate apocalypse.

Like I said, a few million would die, but that's still better than the rest of the world lmao.

The New Marine layer would stop most of the forest fires.

Turtlicious fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Jul 11, 2019

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Inlanders have complained for decades that they don't get the benefits of California weather that the coasties do. Problem solved! We brought the coast to you.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Turtlicious posted:

You realize california is one of the only places that is going to survive the climate apocalypse right? Like we can fight fires, but you can't fight monsoons and loving tornadoes and blizzards and poo poo.

Like 90% of the entire world population is going to die, and only a few million of them will be in california

Southern CA is going to be LA and San Diego and not much else. They'll have the water so you'll either be there or you'll live in some bleached out skull of a town that makes Daggett look good. LA will get the High Desert's water, then the Inland Empire, then OC - which will look a lot like San Bernardino.

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jul 11, 2019

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Poorly.

Plus, once law and order breaks down, all the Jeffersonites are going to be raiding SF and Marin County for slaves.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

I didn't know Catalina was a soft target

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Close. The DMGZ in the channel is probably the 10,000 ft runway on San Nicolas Island.

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jul 11, 2019

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I look forward to the sequel called Island of the Glowing Green Dolphins.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Just came to share this:

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
Seeing Gray Davis on there just reminds me of how Enron execs needed to be shot

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Admiral Ray posted:

Seeing Gray Davis on there just reminds me of how Enron execs needed to be shot

Davis woild have been a cali badass if he would have sent the state police into the power plants. Instead he got rekt by enron

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
The idea of the CHP trying to operate power plants and balance the load on the state electricity grid is frankly terrifying.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

fits my needs posted:

Just came to share this:

ragedx already transcribed it for us

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

fits my needs posted:

Just came to share this:

I said this in another thread but I'm almost certain the man in orange is the late, great Huell Howser

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
How dare he. That is not amazing at all.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Family Values
Jun 26, 2007

fits my needs posted:

Just came to share this:

I want every MAGA-head to believe this so wholeheartedly that they refuse to sully themselves by even visiting Commiefornia. Stay in your 3rd world shitholes in flyover country, fuckers.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

fits my needs posted:

Just came to share this:

That bear is probably a jerk anyway.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
No second amendment rights, forced vaccinations, sensible immigration policy, high taxes on the rich, and all the MAGA morons fleeing over the mountains to other states?

poo poo, sign me up.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Dead Reckoning posted:

The idea of the CHP trying to operate power plants and balance the load on the state electricity grid is frankly terrifying.

"Everything was fine until the grid was shut down by dickless here.

Governor: Is this true?

Yes sir, it’s true. This man has no dick."

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Family Values posted:

I want every MAGA-head to believe this so wholeheartedly that they refuse to sully themselves by even visiting Commiefornia. Stay in your 3rd world shitholes in flyover country, fuckers.

Got a bro-in-law that lives in a 400 person town. Anytime he heads to closest big city he takes a gun "just in case". Refuses to come to California because he thinks he'll be gang raped by antifa for loving America too much.

Doesn't believe me that he'd fit right in with the chuds around here and in the central valley. Thinks we are all crazy commie homosexuals. I don't dissuade him anymore.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

LtStorm posted:

I can't quite tell from this map; will I have new beach front property in Roseville, or should I move a bit more east?

It looks like Cal Expo is the waterline and where all the overpaid Bay Area jerks will park their boats and Uber up to Lake Tahoe.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I grew up 30 miles from Wright-Patterson Airforce Base, and my husband was in Moscow during the Cuban Missile Crisis (as a wee child.). We've always expected nuclear death.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Burning_Monk posted:

Got a bro-in-law that lives in a 400 person town. Anytime he heads to closest big city he takes a gun "just in case". Refuses to come to California because he thinks he'll be gang raped by antifa for loving America too much.

Doesn't believe me that he'd fit right in with the chuds around here and in the central valley. Thinks we are all crazy commie homosexuals. I don't dissuade him anymore.

Please don't. We don't need more Central Valley chuds. Let them think of it as the mythical city on the hills, the fountain of youth. Iceland, as it were.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

Turtlicious posted:

other than having water, you could be right.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Horribly!

Oregon's fine though! Nothing to nuke there and prevailing winds keep the blast sites in Washington and California from blanketing them in fallout. Same with most of up north, if you want to go grow weed in Weed or something

atelier morgan fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jul 11, 2019

unbutthurtable
Dec 2, 2016

Total. Tox. Rereg.

College Slice
are prevailing winds projections based on decades old climate data? lol

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

unbutthurtable posted:

are prevailing winds projections based on decades old climate data? lol

They are!

It's difficult to imagine what could change climate wise to make the winds go there instead of inland from washington or boiling the sacramento valley in a stew of radioactive death but I'm sure nature can manage somehow

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I grew up 30 miles from Wright-Patterson Airforce Base, and my husband was in Moscow during the Cuban Missile Crisis (as a wee child.). We've always expected nuclear death.

I felt like I was going crazy after 9/11, with everyone worried about terrorist attacks while nukes were still aimed at the USA. But maybe I was primed for "nukes are worse" from the start. Because I turned on the TV in time to see the mushroom cloud after the second tower fell.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

its ok oregon and washington are doomed by the impending giant every 300 year earthquake and tsunami they're 50 years overdue for

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
aren't Bachelor, Hood and Rainer gonna pop someday too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Leperflesh posted:

its ok oregon and washington are doomed by the impending giant every 300 year earthquake and tsunami they're 50 years overdue for

The underwater forest of Lake Washington is absolutely terrifying for what it portends for the Seattle metropolitan area.