Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Nodosaur posted:

Mr. Woof?

:perfect:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

His dog will probably be called Rene.

Watched Amok Time last night. Really good! The remastered version has some nice little additions, like when they're walking to the arena.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I'm watching The Drumhead from TNG and I like that the Admiral's dress collar strongly resembles rose petals with how it layers. It's visually striking.

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

Sash! posted:

I can safely say, that to know Star Trek was to hate it. And to hate it, was to know it. Those who knew it, hated it, while those who did not know it, hated it from afar.

:ughh:: "Sash!..."
:smug:: "I am almost finished, sir."
:ughh:: "You are finished, Sash!"

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

Epicurius posted:

So something I learned today...in 1967, they put out Star Trek trading cards, which you can find at the link below, and the text on them was pretty interesting.

https://www.wixiban.com/trading-cards/tos-leaf.htm

These are all fantastic.

quote:

You Give Me a Headache
Dr. McCoy is amused as he gives Captain Kirk an instant headache. He has developed this strange new ability so the Enterprise crew can hold back a warring band of creatures holding Earth Colonists captives. When the captives are free, Dr. McCoy frees the enemy from its headaches and Kirk makes peace with them.

quote:

Mindless Man
Captain Kirk strains to think but his mind is a complete blank. Every thinking capacity of his brain has been stopped by a ray from creatures on a distant planet. Helplessly, the captain wanders the alien planet. If just one thought can enter his mind—he sees a flower and thinks how small it is. He is saved.

quote:

Trapped
Mr. Spock finds himself the target of an enemy ion fuser. He remembers that the enemy deadly as they are, have a sense of humor. If he can distract them with a joke. Almost humorless himself, he tries desperately to remember an Earth joke. At last, he remembers—"Why does a chicken cross the road?"

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug
I see Picard as more of a "cat" man. Something like a Siamese or Abyssinian.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Angry Salami posted:

These are all fantastic.

Man, they are always coming at Spock with those Ion Fusers!

Unironically want to see this one:

quote:

Beyond Tomorrow
Captain Kirk and Mr. Spock brief the Enterprise crew on a mission into the future. The Starcraft will attempt to cross the threshold of tim, to prevent a future intergalactic war. Kirk notes the crew will see new strange sights, remember nothing. No record can be made of the trip. Only men of the future will know if their mission is successful.

Though I'm not sure if it is canon that any Starcraft can cross the threshold of Tim. That dude won't let anyone in his house.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

I desperately wish these were real episodes. My personal favorite:

quote:

Captain Kirk goes crazy after a mad scientist attempts to split his personality. Kirk kills the scientist in a fight and the cure for Kirk goes to the grave with him. The Captain changes from good to evil. Mr. Spock suggests the crew think good and this effort at telepathy saves Kirk.

THINK MORE GOOD-ER THOUGHTS, CREW!

E: Oh my god

quote:

A weird gas causes Mr. Spock to believe he is a 1967 Teeny-Bopper

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Some of these sound incredible

quote:

Kirk Outside Spock Inside
Crew members of the Enterprise stare in confusion. They see Captain Kirk bu the personality is Mr. Spock. The two officers exploring an unknown rock planet are trapped for several hours in a cavern. When they are rescued their personalities are switched. Dr. McCoy returns them to normal with ion shock treatments

quote:

Space Race
Kirk challenges Mr. Spock to a game of space chess. He is confident he can defeat the Vulcanian because he has the emotions of Earth Man. Spock plays with the cool, emotionlessness of his ancestry. To him it is a game of logic. To Kirk, it is a game of logic, too, but with the emotion of winning thrown in. Spock is winning easily. But Kirk, caring about victory, wins

Mods please change my name to Earth Man Emotions

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
If season three of Discovery doesn’t have ion fusers, I’m going to be very disappointed.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
More screens from the Picard show

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

He’s seen everything. He’s seen it all.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Senor Tron posted:

Having a dog totally fits Picard.

It would have been unwillingly foisted upon him, and for a couple of days he would have grumpily put up with it muttering all the time about how he had to get rid of this damned thing. Then he would have fallen in love with it do to some admirable characteristic.

Way better than Kirk suddenly having a dog in Generations.

"BUTLER!"

That was definitely Shatner's IRL dog wasn't it, Timby help me out here

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.
You don't remember all those episodes about Kirk's dog Butler, and the love of his life Antonia? Man, the Nexus sequence just summed up his life perfectly...

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Mulan’s mother in the new Mulan trailer is Keiko O’Brien.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Gonz posted:

Mulan’s mother in the new Mulan trailer is Keiko O’Brien.
Such diverse roles as Asian Wife and

lol
Soon-Lee Klinger: Korean
Keiko O'Brien: Japanese
Mulan's Mom: Chinese

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
did you know patrick stewart isn't french

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

mossyfisk posted:

did you know patrick stewart isn't french

shocking example of whitewashing

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Angry Salami posted:

You don't remember all those episodes about Kirk's dog Butler, and the love of his life Antonia? Man, the Nexus sequence just summed up his life perfectly...

Turns out the uncredited ghostwriter for Generations was the guy who wrote those trading card plots.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Epicurius posted:

So something I learned today...in 1967, they put out Star Trek trading cards, which you can find at the link below, and the text on them was pretty interesting.

https://www.wixiban.com/trading-cards/tos-leaf.htm

This probably means I've been spending too much time on Twitter, but these basically read like if Trump tweeted the plots of TOS episodes from memory

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Sir Lemming posted:

This probably means I've been spending too much time on Twitter, but these basically read like if Trump tweeted the plots of TOS episodes from memory

They read like the TNG season 8 guy created a new account for TOS season 4.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

It turns out Discovery is entirely based on a parody SeinfeldToday-style TNG Today account:

https://twitter.com/SeinfeldToday/status/636953445451362304

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

The Bloop posted:

Such diverse roles as Asian Wife and

lol
Soon-Lee Klinger: Korean
Keiko O'Brien: Japanese
Mulan's Mom: Chinese

Hold on now. Soon-Lee is Keiko?
My mind is blown.

DaiTengu
Feb 26, 2007

Not until I've had my second pot of coffee.
Nap Ghost

Nullsmack posted:

My mind is blown.

ACTING!

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Astroman posted:

Star Trek Picard1@STP_S1 Picard sets out for an adventure with Riker in the body of a dog. Troi is left to look after a dog in the body of Riker.
Why just Troi? Riker's body can fit as many people in it as is needed, if you know what I mean.

Basically my headcanon is Riker is now essentially John Barrowman's character from Doctor Who. As the Doctor put it, something like "by the year 50,000, your species's main accomplishment was to figure out how to have sex with any number, type, or gender of sentient beings in any situation."

Riker is the peak evolution of humanity I guess is what I'm saying.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Alan_Shore posted:

His dog will probably be called Rene.

Watched Amok Time last night. Really good! The remastered version has some nice little additions, like when they're walking to the arena.

fans have been producing additions to Amok Time since it aired

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Episode 1: Picard teams up with Ro Laren to free her husband Tom Riker from a Cardassian fat camp, now run by post Romulus destruction Sela.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

They read like the TNG season 8 guy created a new account for TOS season 4.

Also I know someone already posted the one about Spock getting high off of gas and thinking he's a 1967 Teenybopper, but later on down the list he has yet another drug-induced identity crisis:

quote:

Call Me Senator
Mr. Spock believes himself a Roman Senator when a time debilitating drug is dropped into the drinking water of the Enterprise. There is no cure but the progression of time itself. However, it can be speeded up by forcing a person's mind to believe in the rapid escalation of time.

There's a lot of drugs-related plotlines here

quote:

Raspberries
Yeoman Janice Rand is angry at the Captain. He tells her that she has eaten so many wild raspberries on the planet the Enterprise visits he may cut down on her rations. The raspberries turn out to be drugged. Dr. McCoy makes a counter drug and saves the crew from dying.

I like how this one starts off sounding like The Caine Mutiny and then goes off the deep end.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Episode 1: Picard teams up with Ro Laren to free her husband Tom Riker from a Cardassian fat camp, now run by post Romulus destruction Sela.

Half the thread explodes with cries of needless fanservice. The other half loves it. Someone builds a trellis.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Are all Romulans just Vulcans who've had a drug-induced psychosis that they're Roman senators?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Snow Cone Capone posted:

It turns out Discovery is entirely based on a parody SeinfeldToday-style TNG Today account:

https://twitter.com/SeinfeldToday/status/636953445451362304
drat that account has been inactive for 4 years now

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Pakled posted:

Are all Romulans just Vulcans who've had a drug-induced psychosis that they're Roman senators?

:hmmyes:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

FlamingLiberal posted:

There's another one floating around but it's not as good

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Snow Cone Capone posted:

There's another one floating around but it's not as good
I think the TNG Season 8 one was also abandoned since the author(s) got a book deal

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

FlamingLiberal posted:

@seinfeld2000 still posts, but it's mostly just current meme + friends or Seinfeld, and selling shirts.

https://twitter.com/Seinfeld2000/status/1147692846859710464?s=19

https://twitter.com/Seinfeld2000/status/1147661256939040768?s=19

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Nullsmack posted:

My mind is blown.

holy poo poo

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Tears In A Vial posted:

@seinfeld2000 still posts, but it's mostly just current meme + friends or Seinfeld, and selling shirts.

https://twitter.com/Seinfeld2000/status/1147692846859710464?s=19

https://twitter.com/Seinfeld2000/status/1147661256939040768?s=19

Jesus, that sucks

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I'm surprised by Half a Life, it's really given Luwxana Troi a lot more depth.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I laughed tbh. That's classic gerg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I laughed tbh. That's classic gerg

gerg likes his chikn spicy