Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Geoj posted:

Look buddy, the layoffs at the Wonka plant hit everyone hard...

Oh god my ribs.....good one dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Oh god my ribs.....good one dude

Sorry, let's try to keep the comedy down for a week or so and give AA's ribs time to heal.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Also cross-posting from the r/relationships thread - what happens next:

https://twitter.com/mikelivorio_/status/1149005251267239937?fbclid=IwAR0WI4MZT4oSJrryw2bbh670sEgC4TFBHyWNXPRAZc3NG4O2qFCvWKYjWKA

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

meatpimp posted:

Sorry, let's try to keep the comedy down for a week or so and give AA's ribs time to heal.

Ha, I'm always cracking jokes with my buddies when we text and it's been brutal so far :v:

Also, my wife caught a pic of the drunk's car that hit me, 2017 Nissan shitbox

Apparently, she was there an hour before we were and was crying because her car was worse than she thought :rolleyes:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

IT'S ALL YOU WOMENS FAULTS

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Ha, I'm always cracking jokes with my buddies when we text and it's been brutal so far :v:

Also, my wife caught a pic of the drunk's car that hit me, 2017 Nissan shitbox

Apparently, she was there an hour before we were and was crying because her car was worse than she thought :rolleyes:

Lol. If it was half the damage, it'd still be totaled, so it really makes no difference!

Rhyno posted:

IT'S ALL YOU WOMENS FAULTS

Damned wimmins.

The incels are claiming him as a patron saint, no joke.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Tremek posted:

Sorry :( Decent chance I’ll be back soon, per the norm I saw the inside of the airport, plane, Uber, conference room, uber, airport, plane, airport.

I figured as much lol. SLC is a pretty nice place to drive around and there are a few cool places to check out. Being from CO a lot of it will probably be pretty similar.

All I see is :butt:

Last night I did an unpardonable sin. My five year old is starting to love LEGO but naturally freaks out any time my two year old tries to play and pieces start coming off. My two year old LOVES cars, and loves the little LEGO Speed Champion cars his brother has. We went to the store last night and picked out the Ford Speed Champions rally car. I assembled it last night, but I used hobby grade KRAGLsuper glue on the pieces. My two year old woke up today and FaceTimed me to say thanks and was so excited to have a LEGO of his own :3:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Kinda sucks when you're not thinking about getting a car and all of a sudden you need one.....I'm getting a headache looking through autotrader and CL, I have no idea what i want and I'm gonna need one soon. gently caress.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Kinda sucks when you're not thinking about getting a car and all of a sudden you need one.....I'm getting a headache looking through autotrader and CL, I have no idea what i want and I'm gonna need one soon. gently caress.

They all suck. hth

Also, buy an AMC Eagle

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Powershift posted:

They all suck. hth

Also, buy an AMC Eagle

:hmmyes:

Just get another xB, the devil you know.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

T-Square posted:

Yeah, if you're gonna sit there and scream poo poo like that and get in people's faces, then I don't know what to tell you other than you deserve it when someone has had enough and pushes your poo poo in :shrug:

:hfive:

This dude and the motorbike Gollum guy both have moments of realisation that are wonderful. The fact this shitbird just carries on talking poo poo though just proves someone should've just lamped him and dragged him out onto the street, it's all he deserves.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

KakerMix posted:

:hmmyes:

Just get another xB, the devil you know.

He clearly needs a Rugger.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Powershift posted:

They all suck. hth

Yep, coming to that realization now.

Trying to find one that sucks the least is the hard part.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
If you can wait a couple months, I know of a sweet Corolla SR

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

tasty food posted:

I can get to it in a week or so when I get off work. Can maybe get a friend to head over there.

Also I really really want it for myself.

e; :ohdear:

Minus the ghetto single turbo, it’s a clean looking car. I’d love to know what the interior looks like and if the pictures reflect reality.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

I'll make you a nice deal on a P2 Volvo with a stick.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Just always be thinking about getting a car like I am.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

That's also the kind of guy who will have a knife/gun on him due to the chip on his shoulder, so jumping him before he's done anything violent is a bad idea (well that goes for starting poo poo in general). My brother was at a concert where a big guy had been being an rear end in the pit and pushing people around, after the show a little guy walks up, quickly slashed the guy's neck, and ran off. Took just a second or two and the big guy bled out and died.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I'm going on our annual "get blasted and float down a river for four hours, then sleep in a tent" trip tomorrow and there is just no productivity left in me.

E: One time at a show we were pushing our way through the crowd and some (much bigger) guy got pissed about it, so my friend turned around and said "SUCK MY BUTT." By the time I turned around, my friend was already knocked out and being dragged out of the crowd by some bystanders. He likes to heckle people, so I thought it was highly amusing.

T-Square fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jul 11, 2019

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

T-Square posted:

I'm going on our annual "get blasted and float down a river for four hours, then sleep in a tent" trip tomorrow and there is just no productivity left in me.

E: One time at a show we were pushing our way through the crowd and some (much bigger) guy got pissed about it, so my friend turned around and said "SUCK MY BUTT." By the time I turned around, my friend was already knocked out and being dragged out of the crowd by some bystanders. He likes to heckle people, so I thought it was highly amusing.

I'm going on a booze cruise on Saturday. Should be excellent.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Mine's like a booze cruise, but with engine-less boats! So no breaking down and being stranded!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

T-Square posted:

Mine's like a booze cruise, but with engine-less boats! So no breaking down and being stranded!

Mine is Jimmy Buffet themed so uh, that might be terrible.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

T-Square posted:

The cops here police the popular drop-off and pick-up points for river tubing, and confiscate liquor. They also hand out tickets for drinking in public to people floating down the river drinking.

It makes sense though because there's no better use of their time than being the fun police.

They also just launched their crime map to show where crimes occurred in the last 14 days so you know to be careful there and....

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That blows. Here we have "the Splash on the Wabash" where they encourage people to get drunk and tube down the river.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

What sucks is I just put new TRD suspension on it, new tires, transmission service yadda yadda. Not gonna make that back with the payoff i don't think but maybe I'll get lucky.

Definitely fight for it though. I had 5 year old aftermarket stuff (stereo, wheels) and an ECU tune that I explained was married to the car. I provided receipts and they gave me about 30% of the original purchase price on all 3. This was with my own insurance company, (State Farm) and they paid for those things under a secondary comprehensive claim. So my collision paid out blue book and then I got an extra $1800 or so on top of it.

If your mods were brand new I can't see them having an argument against paying you back for it.

toplitzin posted:

I'll make you a nice deal on a P2 Volvo WAGON with a stick.

Fixed for me.

LloydDobler fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jul 11, 2019

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Rhyno posted:

That blows. Here we have "the Splash on the Wabash" where they encourage people to get drunk and tube down the river.

Isn't that a really really bad idea?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Jonny Nox posted:

It's Indiana.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Apparently bagel guy has a YouTube channel where he records his rants like this one.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

mariooncrack posted:

Apparently bagel guy has a YouTube channel where he records his rants like this one.

You say that with no link? :mad:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jonny Nox posted:

There's bigger floats with life guards and poo poo.

meatpimp posted:

It's Indiana.

Truth.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

meatpimp posted:

You say that with no link? :mad:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdDBTzbfMnCRvwBv-ZaVsIg

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Rhyno posted:

Alcohol and anything water related really is a god awful idea.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Alcohol and anything water related really is a god awful idea.

What? That's silly. I used to get drunk at the pool like every weekend.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I get drunk in the hot tub every weekend and I’ve only thrown up and passed out and then marinated all night in liquid that’s 99 degrees F and 1% vomit, uh, a half dozen times? I can’t remember.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

bird with big dick posted:

I get drunk in the hot tub every weekend and I’ve only thrown up and passed out and then marinated all night in liquid that’s 99 degrees F and 1% vomit, uh, a half dozen times? I can’t remember.

I'd like to give a salute to a real American.

piss boner
May 17, 2003

bird with big dick posted:

Mom? Is that you?

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Powershift posted:

The cops here police the popular drop-off and pick-up points for river tubing, and confiscate liquor. They also hand out tickets for drinking in public to people floating down the river drinking.

It makes sense though because there's no better use of their time than being the fun police.

They also just launched their crime map to show where crimes occurred in the last 14 days so you know to be careful there and....

That's extremely annoying. This is a campground, you buy a ticket for a tube and everyone pitches in to buy a ticket for a separate cooler tube. Everyone waits in line at the campground beach bar with their coolers full of booze to get on full-size school buses, run by the campground, that haul you up to the 2-hour float drop-off, or the 4-hour float drop-off, give you a spiel of rules, don't get out of the river at any time, etc, and then boot you out onto the river. The route terminates at, you guessed it, the campsite beach bar, so you haul your poo poo out of the water, drop off your tubes, and walk your drunk rear end back to your campsite to drink some more. There's a couple of sheriffs that hang around the campground and won't do anything if you're not being a dick. It's a small rear end town, so it probably brings in a lot of revenue.

I did see a bitchin' police chase two years ago, some drunk dude took off from the bar in the middle of the night on his motorcycle, left his bawling girlfriend in the bar, and the cop hanging out in the parking lot was pretty much like welp. He didn't made it to the next campground, which had gravel roads. He didn't make it far.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

LloydDobler posted:

Definitely fight for it though. I had 5 year old aftermarket stuff (stereo, wheels) and an ECU tune that I explained was married to the car. I provided receipts and they gave me about 30% of the original purchase price on all 3. This was with my own insurance company, (State Farm) and they paid for those things under a secondary comprehensive claim. So my collision paid out blue book and then I got an extra $1800 or so on top of it.

If your mods were brand new I can't see them having an argument against paying you back for it.

Fixed for me.
Aftermarket should always be covered if the other party is at fault.
The "we don't cover mods" applies only to the insured and not the person you hit. They have to make you whole. Bring receipts for everything.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Tremek posted:

In other news, almost 300 miles on the Raptor, which I like aside from the angry minivan tragedy that is the Ecoboost powerplant answer to a question nobody asked. This truck would be 10x better with a forced induction V8, which watch Ford introduce next month.

I like your way with words.
That's the only thing I don't like about Ecoboost stuff. They don't sound good at all. I wish they'd Ecoboost a small V8 or something, just for the noise.

Ether Frenzy posted:

Also I am stunned, STUNNED! I say! to learn that Raptor forums are an absolute shitshow. M3 forums are weirdly almost normal, but another comparison: This forum is the best forum for car (and anything) stuff ever, anywhere, and 'almost normal' is still a long way from the quality of posting we get here.

Speaking off, I'm almost afraid to venture too deep into Subaru/Outback forums for my latest acquisition. So far, I've dipped my toe in (just looked at a few specific articles) and didn't get it bitten off. Still may be better to stick to the Flannel thread in SA:AI.

Heh.

A thing happened to me last night at about 2am

Drunk driver ran a red light. I lucked out, only a few broken ribs and feeling really beat up. Seat belt saved my life, wear your seat belts kidos.

Whoa!
Glad you made it out of that in one piece. Could have gone much worse.

toplitzin posted:

Desk/monitor chat:

Someone reads Oglaf.

Rhyno posted:

Texas gives not a gently caress about drinking while tubing the Guadalupe. Or they didn't use to - it's been quite a few years since I've done it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Tubing and drinking is also fine in SC.

Technically most (maybe all, I dunno) of our public ocean beaches are dry, but it's really just that you can't be obvious with it. It's a big surprise for Ohioans who are used to Gulf coast beaches, when they get busted for open container for walking in the surf with their Bud Light can in Dirty Myrtle.