Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Is it called Super Combo that rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

You forgot F8 of the Furious for Ice Break. And yes that is fully meant to be fate.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth
My favorite are the Battlefield games. Even if you explicitly ignore pseudo-sequels like Vietnam and 2142, or spin-offs like Bad Company and Hardline, there's still the fact that Battlefield 1 is the fifth entry, while Battlefield V is the sixth.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Wait until you guys hear what they called the third Xbox

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 - Final Chapter Prologue, featuring Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth By Sleep - A fragmentary passage - will always be the GOAT

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Zedd posted:

You forgot F8 of the Furious for Ice Break. And yes that is fully meant to be fate.

Oh yeah, whoops! Haha.

Waffleman_ posted:

Is it called Super Combo that rules

https://twitter.com/MattMcMuscles/status/1147710147697029120

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

I would play that fighting game

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Most Dangerous Game, yawn.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Most Dangerous Game, yawn.

The director did Compliance, I'm down for that.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

I actually confused the former for the latter for a second, like I've seen the trailer for Ready or Not and it looked pretty dope, but then for a second I thought it was called "The Hunt" because apparently we need two movies in the same year about rich people trying to hunt and kill people.

Now we just need a new Purge movie called "The Purge: Most Dangerous Game" and release them all in the same month.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

What point is there when The Pest is already the zenith of this story?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
More movies which accurately depict rich people as monstrous sociopaths is good.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Waffleman_ posted:

What point is there when The Pest is already the zenith of this story?

I remember one time in an English class a teacher was talking to us about The Most Dangerous Game and was all "does this sound like a movie you've seen maybe????" meaning to reference Running Man but I'm sitting there thinking "....The Pest?"

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
The Pest 2: Buda was pretty good.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Gripweed posted:

More movies which accurately depict rich people as monstrous sociopaths is good.

Hell yeah.

I recently rewatched Surviving the Game and, even though Hard Target is probably the better movie, it's got a crazy good lineup of rich rear end in a top hat villains. Rutger Hauer, Charles S. Dutton, John C. McGinley, F. Murray Abraham and Gary Busey? Come on.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

Halloween and one of its three direct sequels, Halloween.

After Halloween II (1981) and Halloween II (2009), Halloween (2018) is the third Halloween II.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Does that mean the upcoming Halloween 2 will be the fourth Halloween 2 or will it be the second (or possibly third) Halloween 3?

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Friends Are Evil posted:

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 - Final Chapter Prologue, featuring Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth By Sleep - A fragmentary passage - will always be the GOAT

Gamera 3's full onscreen title is

ᚷᚨᛗᛗᚱᚨ [The Absolute Guardian of the Universe: Gamera3]: I n c o m p l e t e S t r u g g l e: False God Awakening / Gamera: 1999: The Absolute Guardian of the Universe

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
If it doesn't have Conal Cochran or Stonehenge in it, then it's not a real Halloween III. It'd just be Halloween IV.

So any sequel to Halloween (2018), which is a direct sequel to Halloween (1978) and features Michael Myers has to be the new Halloween IV.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

FreudianSlippers posted:

Does that mean the upcoming Halloween 2 will be the fourth Halloween 2 or will it be the second (or possibly third) Halloween 3?

The only Halloween III to date was not a direct sequel to Halloween. This means Halloween II (2020) will be the first Halloween III.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
It's also crazy because the Halloween series now has five separate continuities.

Halloween (1978), Halloween II (1981), Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers (1988), Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers (1989), Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers/Halloween 666 (1995)

Halloween (1978), Halloween II (1981), Halloween: H20 (1998), Halloween: Resurrection (2002)

Halloween (1978), Halloween (2018)

Halloween III (1982)

Halloween (2007, remake), Halloween II (2009, remake)

EDIT: I typed Halloween so many goddamn times it doesn't look like I'm spelling it correctly anymore.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm just staring at the word and asking myself "is that how it's really spelled?"

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
bring back the apostrophe, I say.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Gripweed posted:

bring back the apostrophe, I say.

I was spelling it with the apostrophe as recently as a couple years ago. Finally gave up.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Ernest Borgnine Whack rear end Crystal Prison is my new band name

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

That poster is a million times more interesting and dynamic than that movie ever was.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Laser Mission is a movie with no lasers.

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Proteus Jones posted:

That poster is a million times more interesting and dynamic than that movie ever was.

It's also, despite being included in one of those "50 Sci-Fi Classics" box sets full of movies in the public domain, not a sci-fi movie in the slightest, just a terrible James Bond knockoff that definitely does not deserve this cool a poster.

For the curious, the whole thing's up on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJfnJ2UagKg

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
KARAT-FILM

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
Sure, sure, we know what you’re thinking: "Laser Mission? What kind of a thing is that to make a movie about? Everybody’s been on a laser mission, heck I did three-and-a-half laser missions on my way to pick up some eggs this morning.”

Just trust us when we tell you, this one is special. First: unlike lesser laser missions, Laser Mission features exactly zero lasers, and exactly one Ernest Borgnine! Nothing says “action” like Borgnine! (No, really, he says the word “action” in a funny accent.) Second: if most laser missions were to include a theme song that repeats on a seemingly endless loop, that theme song would probably contain the words “laser” or “mission.” Not Laser Mission! No, instead you’ll be treated to “Mercenary Man”, a little ditty cooked up by David Knopfler (the junior Knopfler of Dire Straits), over, and over, and over again.

And, in the role of the Mercenary Man, none other than Brandon Lee of The Crow fame! It just doesn’t get more laser-ish or mission-esque than this! Mike, Kevin, and Bill came to violence deciding who would get to use “Mercenary Man” as their personal ringtone, but they all agree you really oughtta check out Laser Mission!*

*and before you do, it may be a good idea to watch this classic Ernest Borgnine interview clip, which just might come up, “a lot.”

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Good night sweet prince

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Nikaer Drekin posted:

It's also, despite being included in one of those "50 Sci-Fi Classics" box sets full of movies in the public domain, not a sci-fi movie in the slightest, just a terrible James Bond knockoff that definitely does not deserve this cool a poster.

For the curious, the whole thing's up on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJfnJ2UagKg

lol I bought one of these boxes ages back, what to watch first oh Brandon Lee how bad can it be

Reader, it is not often I fall asleep at a movie, but here...

I don’t think I ever watched another disc out of the whole box :o:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

This poster is 10x better than the film

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol I bought one of these boxes ages back, what to watch first oh Brandon Lee how bad can it be

Reader, it is not often I fall asleep at a movie, but here...

I don’t think I ever watched another disc out of the whole box :o:

If the set you have includes Top Line, that’s not too terrible. Franco Nero uncovers an alien conspiracy with some gooey SFX in the last third.

Star Knight might be there, too. Klaus Kinski and Harvey Keitel fight a UFO in medieval times.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

ccubed posted:

Sure, sure, we know what you’re thinking: "Laser Mission? What kind of a thing is that to make a movie about? Everybody’s been on a laser mission, heck I did three-and-a-half laser missions on my way to pick up some eggs this morning.”

Just trust us when we tell you, this one is special. First: unlike lesser laser missions, Laser Mission features exactly zero lasers, and exactly one Ernest Borgnine! Nothing says “action” like Borgnine! (No, really, he says the word “action” in a funny accent.) Second: if most laser missions were to include a theme song that repeats on a seemingly endless loop, that theme song would probably contain the words “laser” or “mission.” Not Laser Mission! No, instead you’ll be treated to “Mercenary Man”, a little ditty cooked up by David Knopfler (the junior Knopfler of Dire Straits), over, and over, and over again.

And, in the role of the Mercenary Man, none other than Brandon Lee of The Crow fame! It just doesn’t get more laser-ish or mission-esque than this! Mike, Kevin, and Bill came to violence deciding who would get to use “Mercenary Man” as their personal ringtone, but they all agree you really oughtta check out Laser Mission!*

*and before you do, it may be a good idea to watch this classic Ernest Borgnine interview clip, which just might come up, “a lot.”

Who put these lasers on my mission?
Who put these missions on my laser?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Shoehead posted:

This poster is 10x better than the film

That's true because the movie is extremely good, but that poster is somehow better.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010