Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

It's a good idea to do the early stage red flags for the rewards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Shwqa posted:

Wow I'm having a blast playing Teppen. I ended buying the season pass and have almost all the red and green cards at this point. And the game have a max limit of 5 minutes but usually only last 2-3 minutes. That makes it easy to play during my lunch.

There are so many small gameplay decisions in teppen that I really appreciate.

1) Hero art charge up based on the amount of mana you spend playing cards. So sometimes playing your card unoptimally is the optimal play.

2) When you play a card you instant draw a new card until your deck runs out. Everything has cycle. It really makes low cost but low value cards actually playable.

3) I find the counter system a bunch of fun. Anytime someone play an action, you have ten seconds to play another action on top of it. The trick is the counter player get a free two mana to spend on an action. However then the original player gets a chance to counter with 2 free mana. You can do that back and forth until someone doesn't want to play an action. This makes action cards high risk high reward.

So far nerg and Ryu are the top heroes but everyone else but dante and X are a close second.

Yeah it's a blast, got some good replays of some tight tight wins for my Morrigan deck. I've dropped down to 70% wr as I climb the tiers. I don't think there's any real way to lose to X which is a help.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

Aramoro posted:

Yeah it's a blast, got some good replays of some tight tight wins for my Morrigan deck. I've dropped down to 70% wr as I climb the tiers. I don't think there's any real way to lose to X which is a help.

What are you running on Morrigan? I'm having trouble shifting modes from Nergigante, even though I consider Morrigan my main

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I don't know Capcom other than MegaMan but I think I'm going to install this game after all the chatter.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

i tweaked the deck a bit and this is what i ended up with

4 counterspells is probably too many, i should run more 3-drop Tsien-Kos or smth

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Phyresis posted:

i tweaked the deck a bit and this is what i ended up with

4 counterspells is probably too many, i should run more 3-drop Tsien-Kos or smth

Very close to that except I'm running 3 5th Hell : Greed as well, not using Unseen Interference.

Luffles
Jul 25, 2007

The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame
I have applied to AFK together with goons, in the game AFK Arena.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Aramoro posted:

In theory Green decks could absolutely wreck purple deck with Disarm x3, Tzi x3, and Evasive Maneuvers x3 but then they would lose to every Ryu and Nerg deck. I went with Tzi x2 and basically either draw them or die to purple.

Here is my current Mono green deck with Chun Li using yawn. Yawn and the mp boost cards just make it so I have so much mana all the time.

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
Yeah Mighty Quest is...kinda poo poo. Not much of a game there really?

Archero is good but man my power-up pool is kinda flooded with poo poo ones now. Getting a good run going gets harder and harder.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
How far back must one go for info on King's Raid? Did the goons already flock to another game or are they going strong there?
I almost hate myself enough to poke at Raid Shadow Legend but don't want my games to be obviously pay to win

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Shwqa posted:

In theory Green decks could absolutely wreck purple deck with Disarm x3, Tzi x3, and Evasive Maneuvers x3 but then they would lose to every Ryu and Nerg deck. I went with Tzi x2 and basically either draw them or die to purple.

Here is my current Mono green deck with Chun Li using yawn. Yawn and the mp boost cards just make it so I have so much mana all the time.

i can't believe i thought Yawn was bad when the game first came out. here's my build

im trying out Ryu rn

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Phyresis posted:

i can't believe i thought Yawn was bad when the game first came out. here's my build

im trying out Ryu rn

I have been meaning to try dream of restoration out but it sucks that it is an epic. My big problem right now is Ryu deck. I cut healing dance when drop that match ups win rate. I might put it back in. I'm hoping I can just get the shielding down better though

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Shwqa posted:

I have been meaning to try dream of restoration out but it sucks that it is an epic. My big problem right now is Ryu deck. I cut healing dance when drop that match ups win rate. I might put it back in. I'm hoping I can just get the shielding down better though

Ryu is so good. the problem with Chun right now is balancing your answers between the Ryu matchup and the Nergigante matchup

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Phyresis posted:

Ryu is so good. the problem with Chun right now is balancing your answers between the Ryu matchup and the Nergigante matchup

Yeah I'm more focus on Nerg but then I never face it until I tech against Ryu.

Edit: Beast cannon is the tastiest Nerg tech card. Oh what is that you to remove my iris with the 2 mana removal? gently caress you now she has 3 attack and you wasted two mana and took three damage.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...

Tiny Chalupa posted:

How far back must one go for info on King's Raid? Did the goons already flock to another game or are they going strong there?
I almost hate myself enough to poke at Raid Shadow Legend but don't want my games to be obviously pay to win

Thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3853535

Discord: https://discord.gg/DbePDg2

Not nearly so active these days but there's still a guild with plenty of buffs and lots of QoL improvements.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I got a "Secret" card.. is that good?

Edit: Got a second Secret plus 2 Legendary. I'm lucky at this game.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jul 13, 2019

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

New Leaf posted:

I got a "Secret" card.. is that good?

Edit: Got a second Secret plus 2 Legendary. I'm lucky at this game.

Secret are just ultra rare versions of cards that move.

It got the lovely version of Chris Redfield that moves.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Has Teppen been released worldwide? Says it's not compatible with my g7.

UnkleBoB
Jul 24, 2000

Beginner's Version, Copyright,
1991 - Please Copy and Distribute
Applied to the goon guild as rumpbuns

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

Actually building decks in Teppen is awful because of the clumsy interface.

The game itself has potential though. I'm glad the awful plot is only present when you unlock the heroes though

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Mojo Jojo posted:

Actually building decks in Teppen is awful because of the clumsy interface.

The game itself has potential though. I'm glad the awful plot is only present when you unlock the heroes though

Yeah the interface is real bad, hopefully some third party ones will pop up like on Eldar Scrolls Legends.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
I'm not usually huge into card games, and i've never touched Clash Royale, but Teppen is HELLA fun to me. I'm only up to D4 rank, running a probably extremely mediocre Rath deck, but i've been able to hand with any archtype except Nerg. Nerg is busted good and i guess i should try and pivot into building a deck for him? I wanted to try Morrigan but don't have the cards to make any of her arts work.

I do wish the Deck Builder UI was better, that card effects were more apparent without having to waste time tapping the card and reading the text, and maybe that Rath's hero art weren't so drat expensive (the one that gives all friendly creatures +2 attack costs 25 why????), but i can see myself killing time with this for a fair while.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Morrigan you can build pretty cheaply. This is what I'm currently running

Deck Code
Deck Name : The Halting Problem
Hero : Morrigan Aensland
Hero Art : Darkness Illusion
Format :
Card Info
1/A/P/Jackpot!
1/A/P/Foresight
1/A/P/Foresight
1/A/P/Foresight
2/A/P/Soul Thirst
2/A/P/Soul Thirst
2/A/P/Soul Thirst
2/A/P/Power Grab
2/A/P/Power Grab
2/A/P/Overpower
2/A/P/Overpower
2/A/P/Crystal Hunter
2/A/P/Crystal Hunter
2/A/P/Crystal Hunter
2/A/P/Hookshot
2/A/P/Hookshot
2/A/P/Hidden Intent
2/A/P/Hidden Intent
3/U/P/Anakaris
3/U/P/Anakaris
3/U/P/Anakaris
5/U/P/Dark Libido Morrigan
6/U/P/Dante
6/U/P/5th Hell: Greed
6/U/P/Ibuki
6/U/P/Ibuki
6/U/P/Ibuki
7/U/P/Hsien-Ko
7/U/P/Hsien-Ko
7/A/P/Brainwashed
### Copy this deck code to the clipboard to use this deck.
dyWWWPCv0yWWWjQiLIBLRg5WzVnWdvDvRwgny9ILW94WwT6x7WW4VrWWIJFoWYpb7WI0LnlWCEWWJnW2LLIW7WW46eWWWtWWJYJolWJL7WW4SGyWIWy7WWL17WI7XqWWIjeUWWnRRwgnUJlZLnZWUHW

The absolute key cards being Ibuki, Foresight, Hook shot and Crystal Hunter I feel. The rest you can fill in later.

This has got me up into the B's so far with my overall Morrigan we being 71%. Neirg is my biggest weakness I would say.

Aramoro fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Jul 14, 2019

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

The Jumpoff posted:

I'm not usually huge into card games, and i've never touched Clash Royale, but Teppen is HELLA fun to me. I'm only up to D4 rank, running a probably extremely mediocre Rath deck, but i've been able to hand with any archtype except Nerg. Nerg is busted good and i guess i should try and pivot into building a deck for him? I wanted to try Morrigan but don't have the cards to make any of her arts work.

I do wish the Deck Builder UI was better, that card effects were more apparent without having to waste time tapping the card and reading the text, and maybe that Rath's hero art weren't so drat expensive (the one that gives all friendly creatures +2 attack costs 25 why????), but i can see myself killing time with this for a fair while.

Red and Green Rathlos give flight hero art is apparently pretty powerful and beats Nerg and Chun Li. It does okay to Ryu. And purple is an instant lose.

Here is my unoptimized version

Deck Code
Deck NameGandR
HeroRathalos
Hero ArtWrath Awoken
Format :
Card Info
2/A/R/True Faith
2/A/R/True Faith
2/A/R/True Faith
2/A/R/Merciless Attack
2/A/R/Merciless Attack
2/A/R/Merciless Attack
3/U/R/Neon Tiger
3/U/R/Neon Tiger
4/U/R/Barioth
4/U/R/Barioth
4/U/R/Barioth
4/U/R/Overdrive Ostrich
4/U/R/Overdrive Ostrich
4/U/R/Overdrive Ostrich
5/U/R/Colonel
1/A/G/Wall Jump
1/A/G/Wall Jump
1/A/G/Wall Jump
1/A/G/Reckless Charge
1/A/G/Reckless Charge
2/A/G/Beast Cannon
2/A/G/Beast Cannon
2/A/G/Beast Cannon
3/U/G/Felyne
3/U/G/Felyne
4/U/G/Felyne
4/U/G/Felyne
5/U/G/Iris
5/U/G/Iris
5/U/G/Heavenly Kicks Chun-Li
### Copy this deck code to the clipboard to use this deck.
dyWWW4Cv0yWWWje6t2ILXyJwRwJnjUzLWWLiMWJL7WW4tiWWD=+ZWnIy2AWWd7JnZsKLWfwhTQXWGPhO7WIdXFbLWWLL2WIL7WJYuFKLWY4WH4fc7WWTW4JnFZ9ZLYZCnSXWGP5hLW

Edit: I'll probably remove colonel since he is red units only.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.
Applied to the AFK Arena guild. ign: van fem

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Late to the party but Night of the Full Moon is pretty fun. Are any of the premium classes worth it?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

New Leaf posted:

Late to the party but Night of the Full Moon is pretty fun. Are any of the premium classes worth it?

I think so. They were the most fun classes in my opinion. And I recall it was pretty cheap to unlock all of them.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
If I already own Slay the Spire do I need to spend money on Night of the Full Moon?

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

WerrWaaa posted:

If I already own Slay the Spire do I need to spend money on Night of the Full Moon?

Yes, because Night of the Full Moon is actually a clone of Dream Quest.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Yes, because Night of the Full Moon is actually a clone of Dream Quest.

God I wish.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Shwqa posted:

God I wish.

No, it really is. From the cards and classes to enemies and shops it's the same exact game with the map replaced with the draw-3-pick-1. A couple things are tweaked maybe but even the really unique enemies are lifted whole cloth. (like the genie boss who made you wish bad things, or the sphinx that forbid your most common card type and replaced cards with garbage versions of other types).

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Night of the Full Moon owns bones, but I'm about to finish 7/7 on the last class. What do I play next? Meteorfall?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I just started Slay the Spire the other day so it's good that I found Night of the Full Moon when I did. Kinda regret putting off trying this sort of game for so long.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I read the translation is bad. How bad is it? I had to drop Buriedbornes because having untranslated text annoys the hell out of me.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

WaltherFeng posted:

I read the translation is bad. How bad is it? I had to drop Buriedbornes because having untranslated text annoys the hell out of me.

If you're talking about Night of the Full Moon, it's fine. There's a couple of cards/abilities where the function is a little unclear due to ambiguous text, but nothing major. Definitely nowhere near Buriedbornes-level.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
If anyone wants a copy of slay the spire on Android then dungeon tales is exactly that.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.homecookedgames.dungeontales&hl=en_US

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Maybe don't give those guys ad views, that's literally a bootleg StS. Get Pirates Outlaws instead, it's a buck and while the mechanics are similar, it's at least an original ruleset and card collection, and not a flat rip off.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

WaltherFeng posted:

There's a few spelling mistakes, one or two cards have descriptions that are a bit ambiguous (and disappointing when you work out what they actually meant) and a couple of cards and abilities that overflow their text boxes.

Generally the translation is good though

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Also a couple of words in the wrong language. Putting together the picture you get for building a class up to max difficulty is repare instead of repair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBananaKing
Jul 16, 2004

Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world.
Smellrose
The biggest problem I've had with the card text in Night of the Full Moon is that I cannot loving see any of the cards the enemies play for more than .00025 seconds, and I just cannot read that fast. Is there a history or something that I can look through on my turn to see what happened to me? It's really loving annoying when you die and have no clue why or what happened besides a lot of cards flashed on screen.

TheBananaKing fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jul 16, 2019