Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

Hakarne posted:

Oh my god, I didn't even see those patch notes. Jesus Christ, what kind of design philosophy is "make everyone weaker and have them run out of resources constantly"? They just keep making damage and sustain worse and worse with every patch.

uhhhh

FWIW if you're not running sustain food (Witchmother's, Clockwork Citrus) you're gonna have trouble on most mag classes right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.
A friend roped me in to this and questing around is pretty cool. Can I get a guild invite on PC/NA?

@wparasyte

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

parasyte posted:

A friend roped me in to this and questing around is pretty cool. Can I get a guild invite on PC/NA?

@wparasyte

Getting account not found. Whisper me ingame @Heatnix90

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
How do I start the Elsewyr quest line? I skipped the tutorial and it spit me out on a road with no quest so I've just been running around aimlessly (which is not a bad thing, but I figure I might as well be doing the story quest as well).

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Every time I return to this game archery still kind of sucks. Is that still the case right now?

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

iddqd posted:

How do I start the Elsewyr quest line? I skipped the tutorial and it spit me out on a road with no quest so I've just been running around aimlessly (which is not a bad thing, but I figure I might as well be doing the story quest as well).

You should have a wayshrine in Elsewyr unlocked when you get the expansion. Go there.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Every time I return to this game archery still kind of sucks. Is that still the case right now?

Alcast got a Bow/Bow necromancer and warden build, so I guess it's somewhat viable.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

iddqd posted:

FWIW, any time you get DLC or a chapter or anything that has a quest associated with it, it'll be in the Stories tab of your Collections:

You'll be able to "Accept Quest" that starts the main story for the DLC there.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SNOT CORN posted:

You should have a wayshrine in Elsewyr unlocked when you get the expansion. Go there.

Thanks! I ended up upon a town in Elsewyr and it seems to have started the main quest.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Pivo posted:

FWIW, any time you get DLC or a chapter or anything that has a quest associated with it, it'll be in the Stories tab of your Collections:

You'll be able to "Accept Quest" that starts the main story for the DLC there.

Good to know, thank you. I guess the tutorial for a new character spits you out in Elsewyr now but if you click skip tutorial it spits you out without the quest.

Haji
Nov 15, 2005

Haj Paj

Scyantific posted:

Account not found

Does it make a difference that I'm playing this on xbox?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Haji posted:

Does it make a difference that I'm playing this on xbox?

Yep. The game isn’t cross play.

Haji
Nov 15, 2005

Haj Paj
Any other NA goons playing on xbox? Or am I all alone?

desudrive
Jan 10, 2010

Destroy All Memes
After about 4 months of letting ESO+ funbux pile up, I finally had enough to get a fairly large home (the desert hall next to the ocean) and now I'm wondering about how to feed my furniture addiction. I've always played this game so casually without any real motivation but now I want money to feed said addiction. Given that I play barely an hour a day, what things should I do to make some money so I can afford the ridiculously over-priced but lovely pink trees and other crap I don't need? Currently I just do the daily crafting writs and maybe a dungeon run.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Supposedly stealing poo poo can be pretty lucrative. I think I remember people talking about some ships that had a lot of good stuff in em, but I can't remember where that was.

Aug 2, 2000

I got really high and listened to some druid lady that doesn't even have a quest talk to me about weird wood elf cosmology for like 15 minutes. Felt great. I have to admire the Elder Scrolls lore writers for going far beyond the call of duty. Unlike most fantasy games I've played, the Elder Scrolls lore feels like something an anthropologist would find in an alternate dimension.

Also I ate a hallucinogenic frog and went on a vision quest because a tree told me to.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I got really high and listened to some druid lady that doesn't even have a quest talk to me about weird wood elf cosmology for like 15 minutes. Felt great. I have to admire the Elder Scrolls lore writers for going far beyond the call of duty. Unlike most fantasy games I've played, the Elder Scrolls lore feels like something an anthropologist would find in an alternate dimension.

Also I ate a hallucinogenic frog and went on a vision quest because a tree told me to.

I have always respected Elder Scrolls lore for being as weird, hosed-up and nonsensical as actual ancient myths and world religions. Seems like even the best fantasy settings it's always a little too clean and organized, like these are the good gods and these are the bad ones, or this is good magic and this is bad magic... Elder scrolls deities are all crazy, unpredictable and kind of terrifying, and magic is on some Cronenberg body horror poo poo. It's perfect!

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Wait, in game or in real life?

Inspector 34 posted:

Supposedly stealing poo poo can be pretty lucrative. I think I remember people talking about some ships that had a lot of good stuff in em, but I can't remember where that was.

The are two ships in the Daggerfall docks that have three rooms each and zero NPCs so you don't need to sneak at all. Also they are close to the "in town" entrance to the outlaw sanctuary.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Thanks!

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
That druid lady, is she chilling in Elden Root?

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...

MH Knights posted:

The are two ships in the Daggerfall docks that have three rooms each and zero NPCs so you don't need to sneak at all. Also they are close to the "in town" entrance to the outlaw sanctuary.

Yeah, and the NPCs that are on the dock are spread out enough that it's easy to do the ol' steal, steal, stab.

It's how I started out. Now I've graduated to Vivec City and have a whole rotation of stealing and killing that nets money and motifs to sell.

Aug 2, 2000

doomfunk posted:

That druid lady, is she chilling in Elden Root?
That's the one.

MH Knights posted:

The game, although this does look like an exchange on Erowid.org

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Surprisingly enough, the writers at ZOS actually care more about the lore than they should, it's pretty drat great. Both Lawrence Schick (before he left) and Leamon Tuttle are a gift to TES fans everywhere.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
Elden Root has a second Spinner like her; this other guy is just as well-versed in metaphysics but doesn't take his job super seriously. Those two are special to me. :allears:

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
Is the EU guild alive?

Hit me with an invite @Granbar

Cheers!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

I may have a spare Doom Wolf code. I'll check to see if it's the same mount I got before.

desudrive
Jan 10, 2010

Destroy All Memes
Thanks for the tips! It'll be nice to have some sort of "income" for once.

And I'd totally take the wolf off your hands, if you have it. I have PM, or if not just leave it to the luck of the thread!

I want to get into Elsweyr too, but I'm waiting for a sale because I know the second I get it it's going to go on sale. It always happens lol.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
If you do have a spare doom wolf code up for grabs, I don't have one and wasnt aware of the event for the code.

Naz al-Ghul
Mar 23, 2014

Honorarily Japanese
You know the best part about being a tank? The whole world is your oyster. Imagine pressing the button to queue up for a random dungeon is basically an instantaneous join dungeon button. Imagine walking into the rest of your party and knowing they all automatically respect you and admire you. You stand next to the healer and you both nod at each other. Respect between fellow people who can see the bulge of HP in each other's pants.

Then you look over these subhuman animals with no principles or creativity of their own, people who can only destroy and never create: the DPS. You smack their asses and tell them to click harder. They need a rotation. You need a taunt.

You're a tank. Omniscient. Omnipotent. Immutable. How great it is to be a God.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
And then you wipe 1 time and everybody flips the gently caress out and blames the healer

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

I've definitely been that healer before, the scapegoat for poo poo that is totally out of my control.

Seems like it happens more in other games though, ESO random teams seem to be either be fairly polite, or by far most often no one says anything beyond maybe a "hi" and "tyfg" if anything at all.

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
Pretty much. You got the odd idiot who flips the gently caress out if the group wipes (he's usually the lowest DPS), but that's more the exception than the rule.

I like tanking and healing dungeons, but I'm pretty picky about which ones I'll do with randos on veteran. Low/bad DPS can make plenty of vet dungeons an absolutely hellish grind.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
Is there any crown trading going on in the guild? I am debating going through the app process on Tamriel Crown Exchange... I simply want to unload the ESO+ crowns every couple months. I need to quit buying crates with them

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

egyptian rat race posted:

Is there any crown trading going on in the guild? I am debating going through the app process on Tamriel Crown Exchange... I simply want to unload the ESO+ crowns every couple months. I need to quit buying crates with them

Don't do TCE. While they're "officially sanctioned" by ZOS there tends to be a bit of drama every now and then between buyers and sellers (also big lol @ getting "sponsored" by alcast). Send me a mail (@Heatnix90) if you're on PCNA and we can talk business.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Just came back to this game and drat, it's really fun.

Don't know if there's consensus here, but if I wanted to have a tank character, what would be the easiest class to tank PvE? I'm not familiar with tanking in most MMO's and was curious if it would just be DK or if another class was even easier.

edit: maybe easiest is the wrong term... maybe more like most accessible?

George Kansas fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jul 20, 2019

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008

egyptian rat race posted:

I will also say don't do TCE - I said this before too (and some goons were not happy with me), but they're overpriced, take their gaming way too seriously and the drama is just bs for a game. WCE is miles better in my experience.

Of course doing a quick deal with someone you know (such as Scynoob offering you a deal) is probably the best.

Yoshimo
Oct 5, 2003

Fleet of foot, and all that!

Zam Wesell posted:

Is the EU guild alive?

Hit me with an invite @Granbar

Cheers!

When I logged in earlier this month for the first time since release, I was the only member I'm pretty sure of the EU Goon Guild, I possibly might have even been the Guild Master. There was nobody else in so I disbanded it. I'd join a new one, if anyone can be bothered, if there isn't already a new one that is.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

desudrive posted:

After about 4 months of letting ESO+ funbux pile up, I finally had enough to get a fairly large home (the desert hall next to the ocean) and now I'm wondering about how to feed my furniture addiction. I've always played this game so casually without any real motivation but now I want money to feed said addiction. Given that I play barely an hour a day, what things should I do to make some money so I can afford the ridiculously over-priced but lovely pink trees and other crap I don't need? Currently I just do the daily crafting writs and maybe a dungeon run.
I have tons of mats and I love making furniture, and I enjoy helping people get their houses started. Contact me at @Scarlet-Ibis if you're on NA-PC.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Rugs are easily my favorite when it comes to furniture gifts.

E: because they really tie the room together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Aramek posted:

Rugs are easily my favorite when it comes to furniture gifts.

E: because they really tie the room together.

Just don't pee on it