Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
MOTYC: Tomohiro Ishii vs Jay White [7/15]
HM: Tetsuya Naito vs Taichi [7/15]

The G1's weird run of the best matches of the night not being the main event continues. Ishii and White are both excellent and gelled better than I assumed they would (and I was assuming they'd gel pretty well!). Naito/Taichi was a fun mess but despite Naito taking most of the offense it wasn't a typical "Naito gets beat down for 20 minutes and wins with a single move sequence" match, they made it feel more dynamic. Also, Iizuka's iron glove has finally made its return, paying off a storyline from February!

I unfortunately missed Goto/Juice so I'll have to go back and watch it in a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

TriffTshngo posted:

I unfortunately missed Goto/Juice so I'll have to go back and watch it in a bit.

i liked the finishing sequence A LOT but I thought it was "just" a good match

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MOTYC: Tomohiro Ishii vs. Jay White, G1 Climax Night 4, 15/07
HM: Tetsuya Naito vs. Taichi, G1 Climax Night 4, 15/07

Weakest show so far but the last two matches delivered and Juice/Goto was also quite watchable

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

TriffTshngo posted:

MOTYC: Tomohiro Ishii vs Jay White [7/15]
HM: Tetsuya Naito vs Taichi [7/15]

The G1's weird run of the best matches of the night not being the main event continues. Ishii and White are both excellent and gelled better than I assumed they would (and I was assuming they'd gel pretty well!). Naito/Taichi was a fun mess but despite Naito taking most of the offense it wasn't a typical "Naito gets beat down for 20 minutes and wins with a single move sequence" match, they made it feel more dynamic. Also, Iizuka's iron glove has finally made its return, paying off a storyline from February!

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

MOTYC: DDT Extreme Title – IPPON Fluorescent Lighttube Death Match: Akito (c) Vs Asuka Peter Pan 2019 15/07/2019 Tokyo Ota Ward Gymnasium

e: gently caress beaten but this match loving owns.

Rarity posted:

HM: Hiroshi Tanahashi, KENTA, Clark Connors and Karl Fredericks vs. Zack Sabre Jr, Lance Archer, Minoru Suzuki and Yoshinobu Kanimaru, G1 Climax Night 4, 15/07

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Tetsuya Endo (c) vs. Konosuke Takeshita for the KO-D Openweight Championship - DDT Wrestle Peter Pan (7/15)

jesus loving christ

Nth

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Tetsuya Endo (c) vs. Konosuke Takeshita for the KO-D Openweight Championship - DDT Wrestle Peter Pan (7/15)

jesus loving christ

Definitely, nth.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

jesus loving christ

So I missed the first minute of this because I'm on holiday in a place with poo poo internet but I agree with this: incredibly good match.

I'd also like to nth the MOTYC for the Asuka/Akito match which was very fun and perhaps the most clever match of the year in terms of how they made it really really work.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Juice Robinson vs. Shingo Takagi, G1 Climax 7/13

I’m way the gently caress behind already.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

MOTYC: Will Ospreay vs. Lance Archer, G1 Climax, 06/07
MOTYC: SANADA vs. Zack Sabre Jr, G1 Climax, 06/07
MOTYC: Kota Ibushi vs. KENTA, G1 Climax, 06/07
HM: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kazuchika Okada, 06/07

HM: The Dark Order vs. Angelico and Jack Evans vs. A Boy And His Dinosaur, AEW Fight For The Fallen, 13/07
HM: SCU vs. The Lucha Bros, AEW Fight For The Fallen, 13/07
MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs. CIMA, AEW Fight For The Fallen, 13/07
HM: The Young Bucks vs. The Brotherhood, AEW Fight For The Fallen, 13/07

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

Rarity posted:

Weakest show so far but the last two matches delivered and Juice/Goto was also quite watchable

nth to this. Still a fun show though especially when you consider:

HM: Hiroshi Tanahashi, KENTA, Clark Connors and Karl Fredericks vs. Zack Sabre Jr, Lance Archer, Minoru Suzuki and Yoshinobu Kanimaru, G1 Climax Night 4, 15/07

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

MassRafTer posted:

Instead of people nominating Dolph Ziggler matches in TYOOL 2019 and thinking they are doing irony, you can spend your night watching some good matches.

HM: Arisa Hoshiki & Tam Nakano vs. Momo Watanabe & Bea Priestley, Stardom (6/2)
MOTYC: Arisa Hoshiki vs. Tam Nakano, Stardom (6/16)

The latter is must see, the last 5 minutes especially if you love kicks.
Catching up on Stardom and I have to say:
a) Arisa? Tam? Kicks? :monocle:
b) If that is how friendships are forged, I'm glad I'm a goon and have no friends.
c) Also seconding both matches.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
MOTYC: Jeff Cobb vs. Tomohiro Ishii, G1 Climax (7/13)
HM: Hirooki Goto vs. Jay White, G1 Climax (7/13)

Cobb and Ishii was about as perfect of a hoss off as possible.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
WMOTYC: Natalya vs Carmella vs Naomi vs Alexa Bliss, WWE RAW 7/15/19

NO ONE LOOKED GOOD IN THIS MATCH. NO ONE WILL CARE ABOUT NATTIE VS BECKY.

Alexa Bliss is loving terrible in every single way. So is Nikki Cross. Jesus christ.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Rarity posted:

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Tomohiro Ishii vs. Switchblade Jay White - NJPW G1 Climax Night 4 - 7/15

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Tetsuya Naito vs. Taichi - NJPW G1 Climax Night 4 - 7/15

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

MOTYC: DDT Extreme Title – IPPON Fluorescent Lighttube Death Match: Akito (c) Vs Asuka Peter Pan 2019 15/07/2019 Tokyo Ota Ward Gymnasium

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

nth

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Rarity posted:

Rarity posted:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Just an interesting little fact, with the Peter Pan show that just aired, DDT is now only one MOTYC behind AEW's current total, which I thought was pretty cool considering how much attention AEW has gotten since it started running shows :)

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Just an interesting little fact, with the Peter Pan show that just aired, DDT is now only one MOTYC behind AEW's current total, which I thought was pretty cool considering how much attention AEW has gotten since it started running shows :)

Which means that people should go back and watch the Tiger Rope Panties Hunt match that is two votes from MOTYC status. DDT even put it on their YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLf6rmIeFFE

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I just watched that and though I wouldn't say it is a MOTY I did really have a fun time watching it :)

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
MOTYC: SANADA vs. Will Ospreay, G1 Climax 7/14
MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada vs. Zack Sabre Jr., G1 Climax 7/14

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
MOTYC: Shingo Takagi vs. Will Ospreay, Best of the Super Juniors Finals (6/5)
HM: EVIL vs. Kota Ibushi, G1 Climax (7/14)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: HARASHIMA (c) vs. Antonio Honda in a Tiger Rope Panties Hunt match for the DDT Extreme Championship

MOTYC: Tetsuya Endo (c) vs. Makoto Oishi for the KO-D Openweight Championship

Both DDT Max Bump (4/28)

Nthing both of these

This is the first year I've been able to watch DDT with regularity but I've really been digging Endo's work

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Finally caught up with the G1. Put me down as an Nth for MOTYC: Ishii/White - G1 Climax 7/15

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh also, 10 of WWE's 16 MOTYCs are from NXT. If you chose to count it separately from the main roster, then it's the second most popular "promotion" behind New Japan, with WWE's main roster matching up to AEW, both of which are only a single match above DDT.

New Japan meanwhile has 45 because holy poo poo this promotion has incredible matches.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Bit of a nitpicking thing, but it bothers me that Spring Break and Bloodsport are considered separate promotions when both are just GCW shows with names branded on them since that means GCW has the same amount of MOTYC as AEW. Is the Special category the Giant Baba show?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Hey this is why it's really important that people actually make a point of saying if these shows are for a specific promotion, I thought Bloodsport and Spring Break were their own special one-off thing, I literally thought Spring Break were Joey Janela's own individually produced shows, not part of a larger promotion. I'll go back through when I get a chance and update the stats/listings to match.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Hey this is why it's really important that people actually make a point of saying if these shows are for a specific promotion, I thought Bloodsport and Spring Break were their own special one-off thing, I literally thought Spring Break were Joey Janela's own individually produced shows, not part of a larger promotion. I'll go back through when I get a chance and update the stats/listings to match.

Ha! I totally thought the same thing.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. KENTA, G1 Climax 7/14

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Jay White vs. Tomohiro Ishii, G1 Climax (7/15)
HM: Hirooki Goto vs. Juice Robinson, G1 Climax (7/15)
HM: Taichi vs Tetsuya Naito, G1 Climax (7/15)

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

MOTYC: Ishii/Cobb, G1 7/13
HM: Juice/Shingo, 7/13
HM: Mox/Taichi 7/13

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: EVIL vs. SANADA - NJPW G1 Climax Night 5 - 7/18

So good, great atmosphere and the wrestling was high quality and they have excellent chemistry, none of which comes as a surprise since they're not just in the same stable but are tag team partners too. The fistbump at the end was the icing on the cake.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Jerusalem posted:

Second

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jerusalem posted:

So good, great atmosphere and the wrestling was high quality and they have excellent chemistry, none of which comes as a surprise since they're not just in the same stable but are tag team partners too. The fistbump at the end was the icing on the cake.

3rd'd

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Zack Sabre Jr - NJPW G1 Climax Night 5 - 7/18

Man these two work so well together in a way completely different from Tanahashi's usual matches.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Man these two work so well together in a way completely different from Tanahashi's usual matches.

2nd

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

Jerusalem posted:

real good but i think HM is just right

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jerusalem posted:

nth for this as well

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

MOTYC: Will Ospreay vs Kota Ibushi - NJPW G1 Climax Night 5 - 7/1/8

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

TTBF posted:

MOTYC: Will Ospreay vs Kota Ibushi - NJPW G1 Climax Night 5 - 18/7

yes

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

TTBF posted:

MOTYC: Will Ospreay vs Kota Ibushi - NJPW G1 Climax Night 5 - 7/1/8

Burn Down Canberra posted:

nthing all these