Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
It took me a real long time to realise the truck got smacked by the other truck and wasn't just gamephysicsing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Looks like the contact was right between the two rear axles, otherwise it probably would have disintegrated.

That's some A+ truckfuckling.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
Given the recent pages, I was waiting for the Swift logo to make an appearance.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

deoju posted:

I did the Motorcycle Safety Foundation's course at my local technical school. It got me out of taking the road test and got me a little deal on insurance. Plus I learned a lot. Anyway, the second morning on the course this 23ish year old showed up and with scrapes on his helmet way worse than this and a scuffed up jacket. Dumbass bought, rode and crashed his bike before he was licensed and insured. I hope he learned his lesson.

hey I also took that class. great class that goes way farther than normal training. you appreciate that everyone learning on the same bike is better than training on a crotch rocket the first day and then a sputtering hog the next.

so the teachers of the class throughout the entire week were off-duty police officers so they that's why they're able to sign off road test because they do it there.

They said that if you show up on a bike to the blacktop practice it's going to be very very awkward because they know you don't have a driver's license.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

DelphiAegis posted:

Given the recent pages, I was waiting for the Swift logo to make an appearance.

Me too

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Splicer posted:

It took me a real long time to realise the truck got smacked by the other truck and wasn't just gamephysicsing.

Yeah I thought it hit the telephone pole and couldn't make sense of it.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyyM88WmGyI

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
Jesus Christ :stare:

I rode a very similar ride at Cedar Point and the forces involved are crazy. It was so intense I saw two little old ladies puked immediately upon exiting.

Nocheez fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Jul 15, 2019

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Nocheez posted:

I rode a very similar ride at Cedar Point and the forces involved are crazy. It was so intense I saw two little old ladies pulled immediately upon exiting.

They did what to them :stare:

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA
Haven't you ever been pulled upon exit? It's awesome.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Splicer posted:

IIRC he nearly got scissored between the two trucks but the cammer managed to get on his brakes and stop in an unbelievably short time.

EVIL Gibson posted:

They said that if you show up on a bike to the blacktop practice it's going to be very very awkward because they know you don't have a driver's license.

Yall don't get learner's permits first? You can't even take the BRC in Minnesota as an adult until you have a permit in hand. If you're over 18 all you need here is $21 and a passing mark on a simple written test. So simple that without even glancing at the handbook I was able to pass the practice tests. To be fair, I'm a road cyclist and a lot of the questions apply to all 2 wheel vehicles.

Permit limitations:
Must wear a helmet
No passengers
No interstate highways
No riding from one-half hour after sunset to one-half hour before sunrise

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Megillah Gorilla posted:

They did what to them :stare:

Oops, autocorrect hosed me.

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

Glagha posted:

That one was a fun experience for me. "What, he just strapped it to his car I've seen that befo... Is that tape? Is that painter's tape?

Dad told me the other day about how great the blue tape is, it's pretty strong and even reusable, so I think it's safe and when he's done he can leave the tape attached to the windows for next time.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Two dead, 27 injured. I'm guessing the two deaths were from the seats facing the pylon that the ride smashed into as it swung down, and the rest had their legs hosed up on landing.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

MisterOblivious posted:

IIRC he nearly got scissored between the two trucks but the cammer managed to get on his brakes and stop in an unbelievably short time.

Yall don't get learner's permits first? You can't even take the BRC in Minnesota as an adult until you have a permit in hand. If you're over 18 all you need here is $21 and a passing mark on a simple written test. So simple that without even glancing at the handbook I was able to pass the practice tests. To be fair, I'm a road cyclist and a lot of the questions apply to all 2 wheel vehicles.

Permit limitations:
Must wear a helmet
No passengers
No interstate highways
No riding from one-half hour after sunset to one-half hour before sunrise

I took mine a long time ago, but you didn't need the MSF course for the license at that time. I did get a good insurance break for taking it, but I also wanted to go because it was a really good course and having a dedicated area to get skilled in a bike is really drat good.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Here in the land down under, if you're close enough to a place that offers a course, you need to go and pass the course in order to get a motorcycle learner's permit. But if you're in the middle of nowhere, you can just do the theory test and then go practice on your winding backroads or wherever.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

PathAsc posted:

I took mine a long time ago, but you didn't need the MSF course for the license at that time.

The guys up thread were talking about people showing up to the course on a motorcycle they couldn't legally ride yet. That's a bit confusing to me because you can't take the course here until you have a piece of paper from the state saying "you can ride a motorcycle during daylight hours for the next year."

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

GotLag posted:

Two dead, 27 injured. I'm guessing the two deaths were from the seats facing the pylon that the ride smashed into as it swung down, and the rest had their legs hosed up on landing.

There's a follow up video, not posting it, but yea.

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

MisterOblivious posted:

The guys up thread were talking about people showing up to the course on a motorcycle they couldn't legally ride yet. That's a bit confusing to me because you can't take the course here until you have a piece of paper from the state saying "you can ride a motorcycle during daylight hours for the next year."

I just took the MSF course having done nothing else and got a waver after passing the test at the end to take to the MVD to get my full endorsement. There is no graduated license here. (Arizona)

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

https://i.imgur.com/uIRLwNQ.mp4

dumb bunny
Jan 30, 2014

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJd71CzyN1c&t=82s

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

You'd think they'd shoot a flaming arrow at the top or use a drone with a lighter attached to it or something other than "set the very tall tower you're clinging to on fire."

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Did someone outfit a drone with Roman candles? That's hilarious.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Craptacular posted:

You'd think they'd shoot a flaming arrow at the top or use a drone with a lighter attached to it or something other than "set the very tall tower you're clinging to on fire."

It's probably a macho thing

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

MisterOblivious posted:

You can get a learner's permit in some states where you don't have to pass a test but you're restricted to single riding and only during daylight hours

Also the permit is less than a year so you have to keep re upping

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Zipperelli. posted:

Did someone outfit a drone with Roman candles? That's hilarious.

Yeah, might be a Brazilian way to blaze down a baille funk party that your loud neighbor is blasting away.

http://jornalamericanense.com.br/2019/07/14/irritado-com-som-alto-morador-usa-drone-com-bombas-para-atingir-vizinho/

https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=361838521182312&_rdr

Old Balls McGee
Nov 2, 2008
In Alberta, a valid class 5 for regular cars (it's a little different with a GDL) or higher is also your Class 6 Learners for bikes. IIRC, the only restriction was to ride close to a person with a full 6. Go write a 10 min written knowledge test, then go take your road test.

In my road test, the examiner guy rode behind me on a big scoot, a Burgman or a Silverwing. We both had radios, and he'd tell me what turns to take. As I was listening to his directions, I almost pasted a pedestrian in a crosswalk. I didn't notice that the rest of the lanes had stopped.

All he said was "Ok, that was my fault. I could see your head tilted over listening. No deductions"

TL;DR-Almost ran over a pedestrian on a road test, now allowed to legally operate any vehicle legally allowed to operate on the roads.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

https://i.imgur.com/VpgyR33.gifv

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Stay the hell away from that spary!

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Log lift with release, didn't see that on the menu

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
What, you've never had your log pulled on exit?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Ugh supposed to go to the local amusement park tomorrow, too.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

drat, wtf? That log should be easily handleable for that loader. Never seen a hydraulic line pop like that after years of using mini and medium sized loaders.

I'm mainly lolling at the huge pain in the rear end using a flatbed to haul big unprocessed tree chunks like that. There is a better way.

E: now that I watch it again I guarantee they didn't have the pins set right on the back plate of that grapple. sometimes they'll deceptively "click" in but miss the final set of holes that secure the attachment.

20 Blunts fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jul 16, 2019

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Autistic Edgy Guy posted:

I'm mainly lolling at the huge pain in the rear end using a flatbed to haul big unprocessed tree chunks like that. There is a better way.

There's probably someone that wants that giant chunk of wood untouched, for carving or whatever.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

There's probably someone that wants that giant chunk of wood untouched, for carving or whatever.

My dad buys stuff like that all the time to cut slabs for furniture making

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

real threat here is the hydraulic fluid

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Potato Salad posted:

real threat here is the hydraulic fluid

You mean the machine cum?

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan

Autistic Edgy Guy posted:

E: now that I watch it again I guarantee they didn't have the pins set right on the back plate of that grapple. sometimes they'll deceptively "click" in but miss the final set of holes that secure the attachment.

this. I’ve seen buckets and even augers come off this way...

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

snugglz posted:

this. I’ve seen buckets and even augers come off this way...

Yeah, no way the steel should fail before the hydraulics stall out. Thankfully the helper wasn't "I'll stand right next to the machine to [help push]", AKA get crushed/injected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
https://twitter.com/FLICTERIA/status/1151252025314807808