Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Haystack posted:

Well well well, the Spellbound Kingdoms suppliment finally got an update after a full year of total radio silence. Only vague mentions of new stuff and specific mentions of playtesting, but no word on why it's so behind schedule or when we might expect to get any product. At least it's not dead dead.

Edit: beaten like a dead horse

The guy is a high school physics teacher, so he probably doesn't get much time outside of the summer to work on stuff, sadly. (I'm not doxxing him, by way, its in the profile for his Kickstarter account.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

I'm certainly happy to get anything at all for an update, but yeah, that was super bare bones and really not the kind of update you should be making after a year of radio silence.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

I am not sure "thrilled" is the word I'd use, but I was glad to see the update. The game is clever and I'd like to see it finished out (and I'd like to get the thing I paid for).

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Just got my Legacy 2e End Game, Engine of Life, and Free From the Yoke box set! Excited to read them.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

I had utterly written off the Spellbound thing as dead. I'm just happy to get a transmission at all.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Yeah, any news is good news. And of all the possible delays, playtesting would be the one I'd pick if I had to.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Nuns with Guns posted:

The guy is a high school physics teacher, so he probably doesn't get much time outside of the summer to work on stuff, sadly. (I'm not doxxing him, by way, its in the profile for his Kickstarter account.)

That and constantly getting asked bizarre science questions outside of school by kids and their mom.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Just wanted to boost a kickstarter by a friend of mine and fellow member of the Philadelphia Game Makers Guild, Ben Farahmand. Faza is a fun boardgame I've playtested with him in the past. He's been working on it for a couple of years now. It's humans trying to fight back against an alien invasion, but is more about how people work together and even get some of the aliens to fight along side of them.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1809025272/faza-join-the-fight-save-the-world

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Etherfields just launched. I think I'm gonna back at the first level, and depending on the other minis I might kick it up the the higher level for the Creatures box.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Yeah, I slapped a dollar down on Etherfields and I'll figure out budgeting later but for now I'm totes down with another Michael Oracz game and more dungeon crawling games.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/awakenrealms/etherfields-board-game

Also, any of you heard of Dwellings of Eldervale? It looks like it might be neat but I was wondering if any of you had looked into it more.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/admagic/dwellings-of-eldervale

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Dice Throne Adventures also launched today, along with a "Season 1 Reroll" which upgrades the Season 1 heroes to the superior Season 2 design.

Adventures turns the two+ player Yahtzee brawler into a co-op dungeon crawler, but it's not stand-alone.

I love Dice Throne, and I especially love playing it with my kids, so I'm down!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dicethrone/dice-throne-adventures-and-season-one-rerolled

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Last 24 hours for the Heist book I'm helping with. We've hit every stretch goal and broke through the 1000 backers goal to make all the art and assets for the project open to commercial use. Thanks again to all of y'all for the support, it means the world, and I'm really excited for the patented Sandy Pug Hijinks we'll be doing this go around.

All I'm gonna say is if you're going to GenCon2020, keep an eye on your inbox.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sanjenarocoop/the-roleplayers-guide-to-heists

poo poo, I missed getting in on this. Are you going to be doing a slacker-backing thing so I can still get a copy?

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

bbcisdabomb posted:

poo poo, I missed getting in on this. Are you going to be doing a slacker-backing thing so I can still get a copy?

Unfortunately not, I'm still not super sold on backerkit stuff being worth it, but the turn around time is gonna be pretty quick, hopefully!

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

dwarf74 posted:

Dice Throne Adventures also launched today, along with a "Season 1 Reroll" which upgrades the Season 1 heroes to the superior Season 2 design.

Adventures turns the two+ player Yahtzee brawler into a co-op dungeon crawler, but it's not stand-alone.

I love Dice Throne, and I especially love playing it with my kids, so I'm down!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dicethrone/dice-throne-adventures-and-season-one-rerolled

Oh, my. I know someone who might spend a lot of money on this.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

DalaranJ posted:

Oh, my. I know someone who might spend a lot of money on this.
I'm in at the $130 or whatever level, which makes it the most money I've ever put down on a campaign.

It's just a fun game, with great graphic design, and it's really simple to learn and play. Turning that into a campaign-style co-op dungeon crawler is hitting me square in the sweet spot.

Also I kinda dig that they're not doing stretch goals - like, at all.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

OgreNoah posted:

Etherfields just launched. I think I'm gonna back at the first level, and depending on the other minis I might kick it up the the higher level for the Creatures box.

gently caress me rigid, it's over £1.2m already.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Jedit posted:

gently caress me rigid, it's over £1.2m already.
I wish it wasn't launching alongside DT:A :( My wallet can only take so much.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

What am I missing with Etherfields? Is it just the combination of good art, minis, and "discovery" mechanics? I saw that you were supposed to pick a mask purely by how it looks even though it has mechanical effects and combined with day 1 stuff and an annoying community (as weird as that is to say), I kinda noped out on it.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..
Yeah I'm curious if anyone has had any strongly positive experiences of the mechanics in Awaken Realms games. Everything I've heard/read makes it sound like many of their games are very strong on theme, art, lots of text/narrative content but don't have much to keep them engaging on the mechanics front (or even just don't really work mechanically based on a lot of what I heard about Nemesis). I had been really interested in Tainted Grail but didn't back it after seeing some extended gameplay videos which really highlighted how much of the game was choose-your-own-adventure style blind decision making, and it kinda feels like this could be more of the same?

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

GrandpaPants posted:

What am I missing with Etherfields? Is it just the combination of good art, minis, and "discovery" mechanics? I saw that you were supposed to pick a mask purely by how it looks even though it has mechanical effects and combined with day 1 stuff and an annoying community (as weird as that is to say), I kinda noped out on it.
It does kinda have that Invisible Sun vibe, doesn't it?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

dwarf74 posted:

I'm in at the $130 or whatever level, which makes it the most money I've ever put down on a campaign.

It's just a fun game, with great graphic design, and it's really simple to learn and play. Turning that into a campaign-style co-op dungeon crawler is hitting me square in the sweet spot.

Yeah, the only way my friend isn’t going to bite on this is if he’s still too deep in on Spirit Island.

It’s like when we played Root, and I said this art design is adorable, but I hate directly competitive games, if only there was a ttrpg. And then the monkey’s paw finger curled.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

GrandpaPants posted:

I get the distinct impression that Awaken Realms has built up a dedicated fan base. Myself, yeah...good art and cool sounding coop gameplay with a story focus and I am down. The minis look nice but honestly part of why I'm backing at all is that they're offering them as an optional addon and not forcing them down my throat as a major part of the core, nor does it seem like every single stretch is more shiny models, which is a huge turnoff for me.

(Granted, a bunch of them have been cosmetic but since they've already passed all that poo poo and it's still the first day, I'm optimistic. Tainted Grail ended up being like triple the game for the same price as day one. If it's actually good, that's a model I can get behind.)

Also a big Dice Throne fan and in for all the new stuff there. And August 1, it's volume 3 of Hexplore It. Gonna be an expensive few weeks...

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Kerro posted:

Yeah I'm curious if anyone has had any strongly positive experiences of the mechanics in Awaken Realms games. Everything I've heard/read makes it sound like many of their games are very strong on theme, art, lots of text/narrative content but don't have much to keep them engaging on the mechanics front (or even just don't really work mechanically based on a lot of what I heard about Nemesis). I had been really interested in Tainted Grail but didn't back it after seeing some extended gameplay videos which really highlighted how much of the game was choose-your-own-adventure style blind decision making, and it kinda feels like this could be more of the same?

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed this war of mine, and downfall was solid too.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.
I'm not really loving what I'm seeing. And the FOMO stuff sucks. I put a dollar down in case someone here changes my mind and I want the day 1 bullshit. I'm keeping an open mind on it because of the designer who made other cool poo poo that I liked. I'm loyal to designers like that - if you make something I like, I'll always give your other work a shot.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

malkav11 posted:

Also a big Dice Throne fan and in for all the new stuff there. And August 1, it's volume 3 of Hexplore It. Gonna be an expensive few weeks...
Yeah so far I'm in for a dollar on the dream game, since that'll at least get me into the pledge manager where I can make my decision, a few months from now.

But DT:A has me hooked.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Literally the only reason I gave etherfields a chance is because Michael Oracz is designing it and I really like Neuroshima Hex though that is a very very very different game from what Etherfields is trying to be

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

I wonder if dice throne or etherfields will be a better game at two? I don’t really need another giant stack of minis to paint but I do want a good dungeon crawler for two..

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Ropes4u posted:

I wonder if dice throne or etherfields will be a better game at two? I don’t really need another giant stack of minis to paint but I do want a good dungeon crawler for two..

Well if you're looking for a good dungeon crawler then you'll want to look at the dice throne expansion because, as they say on their kickstarter page, etherfields is a DREAM crawler, not a dungeon crawler :v:

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Ropes4u posted:

Dice throne seasons 1-2 are great with 2. Dunno about the new adventure game

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Ropes4u posted:

Dice Throne itself - the base game, Season 1 or Season 2 - is great for 2-player. It's what the game was designed for. (3 & 4 player are a blast too, but the designers always say 2-player is their favorite. You can technically do more than 4 but ... it's rocky)

I have no idea on Dice Throne Adventures, yet, but I would think it'd be solid at two, as well.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Thank you for the help I think I will back DT instead ..

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I noticed the Dice Throne KS wasn't under Roxley's normal KS. Is this a sign of KS terms and conditions work around in?

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
It's a bad work around if so. Part of the speculation why Papillon was suspended is because the publisher was putting out games with 3 different accounts.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

nesbit37 posted:

It's a bad work around if so. Part of the speculation why Papillon was suspended is because the publisher was putting out games with 3 different accounts.

Doubtful; they got back to me about Queen Games running 9 campaigns out of 2 different accounts without fulfilling any of them and told me "nope, no violation here"

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

djfooboo posted:

I noticed the Dice Throne KS wasn't under Roxley's normal KS. Is this a sign of KS terms and conditions work around in?

The word I saw on the KS comments was that Roxley and Dice Throne, while happy with their arrangement, are not the same company and Dice Throne is based out of the US so that makes things a bit easier for a primarily US-based audience for this product. Roxley doesn't have that option with some of their other projects.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

jivjov posted:

Doubtful; they got back to me about Queen Games running 9 campaigns out of 2 different accounts without fulfilling any of them and told me "nope, no violation here"

I noticed Steve Jackson is using Indiegogo for their next campaign for Ogre miniatures.

Losem
Jun 17, 2003
Slightly Angry Sheep
I can never remember how to do a custom backing to get access to the pledge manager. Is it just the back without reward level? I might throw down a buck on the dream game and DTA.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Losem posted:

I can never remember how to do a custom backing to get access to the pledge manager. Is it just the back without reward level? I might throw down a buck on the dream game and DTA.

Dice Throne Adventures' FAQ says that you must pledge at least at the $22 Treant vs Ninja level in order to get access to the pledge manager. I am unsure about Etherfields.

quote:

How much do I have to pledge to lock in Kickstarter pricing?

We realize people are sometimes between cheques, or still on the fence about their decision. So if you pledge at least $22 USD for the Treant/Ninja level, you will have the option to upgrade to higher levels and add-ons when the pledge manager is sent out. (Lower pledges can be credited to your order later if you return to order as a Preorder customer.)

Unfortunately, we are not able to give you access to Kickstarter pricing in exchange for a $1 pledge. (Though we will credit that $1 towards a preorder later if you make one.)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

ihatepants posted:

Dice Throne Adventures' FAQ says that you must pledge at least at the $22 Treant vs Ninja level in order to get access to the pledge manager. I am unsure about Etherfields.

Oh that's kinda lame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

ihatepants posted:

Etherfields' FAQ says you get Pledge Manager access for a buck.

Not sure why DTA is doing it differently.