Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Surprising news really: they'd stagnated recently but considering the guy built them up from basically being close to death to being up there with the DDTs and Dragon Gates of the world in popularity (admittedly its entirely Kento Miyahara but still) I'm surprised that they'd make that decision, if it was there's. Of course you've got to consider the death of Aoki as well: he was the number two guy who was heavily involved in running things with Akiyama so it may well have been an Akiyama decision to step back after that. I guess we'll find out soon...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/noah_marufuji_/status/1148814342944505856?s=19

Takayama is a good booker

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

yes on the former (wrote about it: https://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2019/07/08/ben-k-the-ace-that-was-promised/)

creative differences are 99% a cover for other issues with pac.

This is a really good article and anyone thinking about watching Kobe World on the 21st should give it a read to see why Pac vs Ben-K is such a well booked moment.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Akiyama stepping down after the death of their junior ace seems about right for Akiyama. He does not take the loss of co-workers well.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

Akiyama stepping down after the death of their junior ace seems about right for Akiyama. He does not take the loss of co-workers well.

I have to imagine he's getting pretty tired of losing people. I'd think there's a deep sense of relief that Kobashi lariated the gently caress out of cancer.

About the only part of the write-up about the events leading up to the Benoit murder/suicide that made me feel sympathy for Chris was the part where people were talking about how it was really getting to him mentally that his dearest friends in the business kept dying young.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I have to imagine he's getting pretty tired of losing people.

Same thing I thought when Jericho posted after Paco Alonso died

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I have to imagine he's getting pretty tired of losing people. I'd think there's a deep sense of relief that Kobashi lariated the gently caress out of cancer.

About the only part of the write-up about the events leading up to the Benoit murder/suicide that made me feel sympathy for Chris was the part where people were talking about how it was really getting to him mentally that his dearest friends in the business kept dying young.

I don't blame him one bit. Losing friends and people you have regular near death experiences with is pretty intense.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

crossposting, this excerpt from the observer back issue this week

quote:

Frye defeated Takayama in 6:10. The description was you have to see this fight to believe it, as it looked more like something out of Dragonball Z or a comic book than a real fight. The first 25 seconds saw the two guys just stand and trade something like 25 punches to the face back and forth and a rate never seen before. The crowd was going nuts. They continued to pound on each other in a total frenzy with Takayama's face ending up a total mess, since Frye connected far more often. Frye's head was cut almost immediately. Takayama threw a lot of knees, like he does in pro wrestling, and connected with most of them. Takayama then managed to surprisingly take Frye down and nail him with a knee to the head. For that moment, it appeared Takayama was going to pull off what would be one of the biggest upsets in MMA history. They ended up trading again in the corner before the ref stops it so the doctor could check on Takayama. His face was a total mess with his eye swollen grotesquely. They asked Takayama if he wanted to continue and you know what he said. The two ended up in the corner and Takayama tried for a second takedown, but Frye blocked him and landed on top, in a mount position. Sensing his chance, Frye unloaded with punch after punch from the mount before the referee finally stopped the fight. From all accounts, Takayama's stature as both a pro wrestler and a fighter took an amazing lift even with the loss. The immediately thought was that Takayama would come out of this with superstar status because most feel this is a fight people will be taking about for a long time.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
NJPW is running Power Struggle the same date and time as DDT's Ryogoku show :ohdear:

I think I'm going to go to the Road to Power Struggle (the last Super Jr Tag League block matches) show the Friday before at the same venue in Osaka and stick to my plan of DDT? Hard loving choice though.

NJPW is also running Korakuen 10/28. Any tips on getting tickets for that? Buy Sumo Tickets still work, or did they get shut down?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Go to ddt

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Go to ddt

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

The DDT show is likely to be one of their two biggest shows of the year; will almost certainly have a big main event and since they're doing the All Brands thing it'll also have a top TJP (and BASARA if that's your jam) match as well. Power Struggle is, well, Power Struggle: its that show that people forget the name of since the only important things that happen on it are... the Junior Tag Tournament finals and a filler iC Title defence. Go to DDT.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

DDT > NJPW. Go to DDT.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

abraham linksys posted:

NJPW is running Power Struggle the same date and time as DDT's Ryogoku show :ohdear:

I think I'm going to go to the Road to Power Struggle (the last Super Jr Tag League block matches) show the Friday before at the same venue in Osaka and stick to my plan of DDT? Hard loving choice though.

NJPW is also running Korakuen 10/28. Any tips on getting tickets for that? Buy Sumo Tickets still work, or did they get shut down?

that particular ddt show is going to be very unique and fun. go to that.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
If you go to a NJPW you might see the best match of the year, but if you go to any random NJPW show you have that chance so you're really not missing much.

DDT is a life altering experience

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Go to NJPW and you can see Okada.

Go to DDT and you can see something like Andreza Giant Panda in a boy band.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I haven't watched DDT since the New York show but Peter Pan looks like it'll be tons of fun

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I thought DDT Peter Pan was a day earlier than it actually is... Depending on when it starts I may only be able to see a short bit of it live... stupid work.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

If you go to a NJPW you might see the best match of the year, but if you go to any random NJPW show you have that chance so you're really not missing much.

DDT is a life altering experience

Kenny has been hinting at doing something with DDT and Takeshita has been calling Kenny out, and this is the biggest DDT show of the year, so there's a chance DDT gets you both.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

buysumotickets still works fine according to john carroll and i found them useful for my january trip.. i'm not really a fan of ddt on video but i had an absolute blast at their nyc show at la boom. i'd obv personally go to power struggle but picking their ryogoku show and a new japan korakuen really isn't a bad way to go.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jul 13, 2019

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1150264141606600705?s=19

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

11:30PM Eastern tonight

Preshow:
Kota Umeda vs Keigo Nakamura in an exhibition match presented by Hotel Saint Inn Kurashiki
Rika Tatsumi, Nodoka Tenma and Yuki Aino vs Natsumi Maki, Yuna Manase and Himawari Unagi in a Tokyo Joshi Pro preshow match presented by Partner Kaikei Services

Main card:
Shunma Katsumata, Yuki Iino and Mizuki Watase vs Yuki Ueno, Naomi Yoshimura and Nobuhiro Shimatani
Kazusada Higuchi and Ryota Nakatsu vs Kota Umeda and Kouki Iwasaki in a DNA First Life Alumni match
Saki Akai vs Yoshiko in Super Joshi Pro Wars 2019
Akito defends the Extreme title against ASUKA in an IPPON Fluorescent Lighttube deathmatch
Toru Owashi defends the Iron Man Heavymetalweight title in a battle royal featuring Kurochan, Shiro Koshinaka, Furitsuke Kamen, Joey Ryan, Yukio Sakaguchi, Makoto Oishi, Antonio Honda, Kazuki Hirata, Mad Paulie, Tomomitsu Matsunaga, Gorgeous Matsuno, Hiroshi Yamato, Pokotan and Yuki Kamifuku
Hideki Suzuki vs Yukio Naya in a Human Windmill 2nd Gen vs Taiho 3rd Gen match
Chris Brookes and Masahiro Takanishi vs MAO and Mike Bailey
Sanshiro Takagi vs Super Sasadango Machine in a Weapons Rumble for the O-40 title
Shinya Aoki vs Danshoku Dieno in a Dramatic Dream match
Daisuke Sasaki and Soma Takao defend the KO-D tag titles against HARASHIMA and Yasu Urano in a match presented by Souken Holdings
Tetsuya Endo defends the KO-D Openweight title against Konosuke Takeshita in a match presented by BLACK OUT

For a further-detailed preview: https://dramaticddt.wordpress.com/2019/07/13/ddt-wrestle-peter-pan-2019-preview/

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

There's been a running joke with DDT for its fans to ask if the Steiner Brothers will be appearing at their big events. This year nobody asked...

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Someone should make a DDT/G1 Climax Day 2 GDT since one's going to be pretty much leading into the other and it's post Extreme Rules.

Since DDT is totally free there's not reason not to try it out

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

There's been a running joke with DDT for its fans to ask if the Steiner Brothers will be appearing at their big events. This year nobody asked...

that obviously means this is the year they finally appear. get ready for big poppa pump to put on a seven star classic with yoshihiko

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

John Dudebro posted:

that obviously means this is the year they finally appear. get ready for big poppa pump to put on a seven star classic with yoshihiko

yoshihiko better be inflated to 141 and 2/3 psi to have a hope of winning

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I made a thread for Peter Pan https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3893903

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Chesca, indie japanese wrestler for a promotion I can't remember the name of offhand posted a real wild looking belt

https://twitter.com/queen_chesca39/status/1150805565683093505

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

It’s the billion yen championship, clearly

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

not only do you have to get it through security but you gotta keep it wound seems like a real pain in the rear end

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
since y’all dug the first one I did, here’s an article I did on ultimo’s return https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1150848932077015046?s=21

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

since y’all dug the first one I did, here’s an article I did on ultimo’s return https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1150848932077015046?s=21

Funny, I was just coming to post this, thought it was very good.

Also just discovered that former Jose Canseco MMA opponent Hong Man Choi is appearing at the Kobe Wrestling Festival to face Stalker Ichikawa & Ryo Saito in a 2 on 1 handicap match so that sure will be a happening.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Hong Man Choi looks like he sleeps under a leaky bridge so that will definitely and totally not be a terrible sad thing.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Yo.

Is there a site that translates DDT promos?

Thanks.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng?lang=en

This guy does translations. YMMV depending on what you feel about wading through old tweets.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/alljapan_pw/status/1151469186532532225?s=19

Oudou Tournament looking good. Hoping for the dream Gianni/Ikemen finals.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dragon Gate's biggest show of the year this Sunday on the Dragon Gate Network https://dragongate.live/ for 1500 yen (roughly $13). Also their first show/test run with English commentary! Full card for Kobe World:

Super Shisa, K-ness., Shachihoko Machine, Problem Dragon and Draztick Boy vs Kenichiro Arai, Jason Lee, Keisuke Okuda, Dragon Dia and Jimmy
BxB Hulk, Kagetora and Yosuke♥Santa Maria vs Genki Horiguchi, "brother" YASSHI and Punch Tominaga vs Hyo Watanabe, Yuki Yoshioka and Kota Minoura in BxB Hulk's comeback match
Ryo Saito and "Hollywood" Stalker Ichikawa vs Choi Hong Man in a Dragon Gate 20th Anniversary Celebration Series 2-on-1 handicap match
Kzy vs Shun Skywalker in a special singles match presented by Barusan
RED (Takashi Yoshida, Yasushi Kanda and Kazma Sakamoto) defend the Open The Triangle Gate titles against Strong Machine J, Strong Machine F and Strong Machine G
Susumu Yokosuka defends the Open The Brave Gate title against Flamita
Ultimo Dragon, Masato Yoshino and Dragon Kid vs Masaaki Mochizuki, Wrestle-1's Shuji Kondo and ZERO1's Takuya Sugawara in a Dragon Gate 20th Anniversary Celebration Series premium match; it is also Ultimo Dragon's first ever match for Dragon Gate
YAMATO and KAI defend the Open The Twin Gate titles in a triple-threat against the teams of Naruki Doi & Kaito Ishida, and Eita & Big R Shimizu
PAC defends the Open The Dream Gate title against Ben-K

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jul 17, 2019

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Chris James 2 posted:

Dragon Gate's biggest show of the year this Sunday on the Dragon Gate Network for 1500 yen (roughly $13). Also their first show/test run with English commentary! Full card for Kobe World:

Super Shisa, K-ness., Shachihoko Machine, Problem Dragon and Draztick Boy vs Kenichiro Arai, Jason Lee, Keisuke Okuda, Dragon Dia and Jimmy
BxB Hulk, Kagetora and Yosuke♥Santa Maria vs Genki Horiguchi, "brother" YASSHI and Punch Tominaga vs Hyo Watanabe, Yuki Yoshioka and Kota Minoura in BxB Hulk's comeback match
Ryo Saito and "Hollywood" Stalker Ichikawa vs Choi Hong Man in a Dragon Gate 20th Anniversary Celebration Series 2-on-1 handicap match
Kzy vs Shun Skywalker in a special singles match presented by Barusan
RED (Takashi Yoshida, Yasushi Kanda and Kazma Sakamoto) defend the Open The Triangle Gate titles against Strong Machine J, Strong Machine F and Strong Machine G
Susumu Yokosuka defends the Open The Brave Gate title against Flamita
Ultimo Dragon, Masato Yoshino and Dragon Kid vs Masaaki Mochizuki, Wrestle-1's Shuji Kondo and ZERO1's Takuya Sugawara in a Dragon Gate 20th Anniversary Celebration Series premium match; it is also Ultimo Dragon's first ever match for Dragon Gate
YAMATO and KAI defend the Open The Twin Gate titles in a triple-threat against the teams of Naruki Doi & Kaito Ishida, and Eita & Big R Shimizu
PAC defends the Open The Dream Gate title against Ben-K

is there VOD for this?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Here's the link to their service btw, forgot that in my OP https://dragongate.live/

coconono posted:

is there VOD for this?

The full airing will be available on their service when the live airing ends and then stay available for 7 days before it gets taken down to be edited for TV airing. If you can't catch it live you'll have a week to catch the archive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
Kzy-shun really adds to the card.