Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxxim
Mar 10, 2007

You're overcome by an indescribably odd sensation...!

Macaluso posted:

Here's my jam level. I hope I made it easy enough for a kid to breeze through but still fun enough for them!

Cold Kitty Mountain

Ran through this one, and then also the rest of your levels. Wrote down whatever thoughts I had after finishing each:

Cold kitty mountain
I think I would’ve preferred a more standard-looking level, the way this is presented it feels more like a tutorial area than a level. It did its job as a beginner level though.

Butt stomp sprint
Really cool, I enjoy autoscroll levels where you can just barely keep up.

Snow saw cliffs
Another solid autoscroller, I liked the decoration (which I remember enjoying in your mm1 levels). Was a bit confused where I was “expected” to be at the very end, but figured it out eventually.

Boiling box tower
The ending felt a little confusing to me. It was definitely a difficult speedy section, but I had a hard time telling when I needed to carry a box with me and when I could leave it alone. The fact that you decorated with the boxes a bit didn’t really help since I'm still somewhat used to "absolutely everything is necessary" from hard levels. Pretty sure I ended up cheating at the very end (I didn't bring a box) but eh, it worked.

In the first autoscrolling section I just sat on one box during the final climb and didn’t move the whole way. Is that the intended solution? I didn't touch any of the piranha creepers.

Switch blocks by starlight
This is the first level where I’ve felt the autoscroll actively detracted from the experience. I found myself ahead quite a bit, and there were virtually no hazards while you are standing still. Was still fun though, the setups were pretty smooth and I generally always knew what to do (except the first run where I put on the helmet)

Bowser's burning box storage
The first part of the level felt like the sort of puzzle section you wanted box tower to be. The conveyor pushing the boxes was pretty neat, haven’t seen that elsewhere. The second half was not particularly interesting to play, but I absolutely loved the idea. Having your platform get progressively smaller then adding new ones was great.

Switch star road
Great decoration as always, though it particularly stood out to me here. Had a couple of jumps that stood out to me as kind of blind:

I messed up my jump the first time here, so I wasn’t sure if I was going to be out of sync with the block timing. Had really no indication of where to go aside from “jump and hope”.

Died my first time here by holding right. The upper claw feels more like an obstacle (dodge the spiny), so I figured I had to hit the switch and keep going right. The camera doesn’t pan up on your first bounce, so I had no idea.

The level could’ve been a bit shorter or you could’ve benefited from another checkpoint, it was a long way to the first one.

Coaster under construction
Feels like most of the other car levels. Had a few sections where I wasn’t sure exactly where to jump, but the death display told me lots of other people made similar mistakes.

Swing n smash tower
Solid use of the gimmick. The end “boss” sequence was a whole lot easier than the rest of the level though.

The very first jump with a mushroom is probably the hardest thing in the level. It’s trivial if you spin jump, but I kind of assume not everyone will do that.

Overall: Keep on keepin' on. I noted the relative lack of "traditional" style Mario stages, but that's not really a bad thing. You made pretty good use of the on/off switch as well as all of that 3D world stuff!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
At this point I'm most curious as to what arcane logic is used too dictate what courses are "hot courses".

Like how does a course with 2 likes and 8 plays qualify? Its bizarre.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

I was having a bit of a creator's block trying to think of a level for this week's jam. I didn't just want to make a level for kids, I wanted to make the best possible level that would wow all the kids and assure my place in the maker top 100. Unfortunately, I have no idea what kids these days are into or what they're looking for in a Mario level. I knew I couldn't do it on my own, so I turned to science. I have created an artificial intelligence specifically designed to make the perfect Mario level for kids, and the world of Mario Maker may never be the same.

For days I had the A.I. play through the easy mode of endless Mario challenge so it could learn all the secrets of easy course design. Any levels that had too low play counts were discarded in order to ensure that no difficult stages had accidentally made their way into the rotation. I only wanted the purest of easy stages to be worked into the A.I.'s level building routine. Knowing that it's not enough that kids just be able to beat the stage I also trained the A.I. on all the things kids love by having it consume days and days worth of children's programming on Youtube Kids. After I was confident that the A.I. had learned all it could about what kids enjoy I set it to work building the perfect level.

Ladies and gentlemen, what you are about to play represents no less than the greatest achievement in Mario science. My A.I. built and uploaded this stage completely on its own, so I have not even had the chance to play it myself. Let me know if you see anything strange as there could still be a few glitches in the program. Without further ado, I proudly present my entry for this week's jam:

Elsa Spiderman Mario Adventure Time Fidget Spinners Buried Alive (for kids)
Course ID: 52R-0PB-3YG
Difficulty: None
Multiplayer Friendly?: You'll never have friends

Wendell
May 11, 2003

My least favourite thing that I keep encountering is those 3DWorld exclamation boxes that grow when hit or butt stomped. People keep making it so when you stomp them they grow onto your head and kill you. Ha ha! Players will surely love this happening deep into my level without a checkpoint!!

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

J-Spot posted:

You just need to take the old one down first if you're willing to lose the likes and plays you've accumulated.

You know what, yeah it'd be worth it.

Boom Boom's Unpaid Power Bill v2

R7W-H5S-9XG

Q_res fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jul 18, 2019

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Maxxim posted:

Ran through this one, and then also the rest of your levels. Wrote down whatever thoughts I had after finishing each:

Cold kitty mountain
I think I would’ve preferred a more standard-looking level, the way this is presented it feels more like a tutorial area than a level. It did its job as a beginner level though.

Butt stomp sprint
Really cool, I enjoy autoscroll levels where you can just barely keep up.

Snow saw cliffs
Another solid autoscroller, I liked the decoration (which I remember enjoying in your mm1 levels). Was a bit confused where I was “expected” to be at the very end, but figured it out eventually.

Boiling box tower
The ending felt a little confusing to me. It was definitely a difficult speedy section, but I had a hard time telling when I needed to carry a box with me and when I could leave it alone. The fact that you decorated with the boxes a bit didn’t really help since I'm still somewhat used to "absolutely everything is necessary" from hard levels. Pretty sure I ended up cheating at the very end (I didn't bring a box) but eh, it worked.

In the first autoscrolling section I just sat on one box during the final climb and didn’t move the whole way. Is that the intended solution? I didn't touch any of the piranha creepers.

Switch blocks by starlight
This is the first level where I’ve felt the autoscroll actively detracted from the experience. I found myself ahead quite a bit, and there were virtually no hazards while you are standing still. Was still fun though, the setups were pretty smooth and I generally always knew what to do (except the first run where I put on the helmet)

Bowser's burning box storage
The first part of the level felt like the sort of puzzle section you wanted box tower to be. The conveyor pushing the boxes was pretty neat, haven’t seen that elsewhere. The second half was not particularly interesting to play, but I absolutely loved the idea. Having your platform get progressively smaller then adding new ones was great.

Switch star road
Great decoration as always, though it particularly stood out to me here. Had a couple of jumps that stood out to me as kind of blind:

I messed up my jump the first time here, so I wasn’t sure if I was going to be out of sync with the block timing. Had really no indication of where to go aside from “jump and hope”.

Died my first time here by holding right. The upper claw feels more like an obstacle (dodge the spiny), so I figured I had to hit the switch and keep going right. The camera doesn’t pan up on your first bounce, so I had no idea.

The level could’ve been a bit shorter or you could’ve benefited from another checkpoint, it was a long way to the first one.

Coaster under construction
Feels like most of the other car levels. Had a few sections where I wasn’t sure exactly where to jump, but the death display told me lots of other people made similar mistakes.

Swing n smash tower
Solid use of the gimmick. The end “boss” sequence was a whole lot easier than the rest of the level though.

The very first jump with a mushroom is probably the hardest thing in the level. It’s trivial if you spin jump, but I kind of assume not everyone will do that.

Overall: Keep on keepin' on. I noted the relative lack of "traditional" style Mario stages, but that's not really a bad thing. You made pretty good use of the on/off switch as well as all of that 3D world stuff!

Hey thanks for playing through my stuff! I'll respond to some of these:

Regarding Switch Star Road, that's actually a submission for Beard Bros, so a few sections are a bit overly hard than they should be (this is also why it's a bit longer than it needs to be), and spots like that somewhat blind jump is a little on purpose. That second part with the claw though, I just assumed it was more clear than I was I guess that you were supposed to free the spiney, hit the block then go back up to that claw. I hadn't considered the screen not scrolling up more.

The first part of Bowser's Burning Box Storage is just meant to show the player how the boxes worked in case they didn't know. The doors are meant to reset them if, for some reason, they butt stomped all of the boxes and destroyed them. :v:

It hadn't occurred to me in Boiling Box Tower that all the boxes I used as decoration would be distracting. I'll keep that in mind next time for decoration. The part where you're going up with the Piranha Plants, yes, that section is meant to look more difficult than it is. As long as a box or two is in the middle, you're basically safe. I've also seen several streamers do things I did not intend on the second section that I had no idea they would do. How did you mange to beat the stage without bringing a box at the very end? I designed it so that you wouldn't beat the lava when exiting the pipe so you had to use a box to throw into the right pipe to have it land where you'll pop out of

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Jul 18, 2019

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Wendell posted:

My least favourite thing that I keep encountering is those 3DWorld exclamation boxes that grow when hit or butt stomped. People keep making it so when you stomp them they grow onto your head and kill you. Ha ha! Players will surely love this happening deep into my level without a checkpoint!!

The most tragic thing is playing an otherwise good level that kills you with a kaizo block right at the end.

Why you gotta do that :sigh:

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

J-Spot posted:

This got a chuckle out of me. Seems like something a really young kid would dig.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Also related, while I understand why they would not do this, I really wish I could update the stages without having to delete them and put up new ones, and have Version 1.0, Version 2.0, etc in the description or whatever. So I could update them with suggestions in the thread

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Q_res posted:

R7W-H55-9XG

The actual level code was R7W-H55-9XG but I found it on your profile. I don't remember if I played the original but this was nice.

Maxxim
Mar 10, 2007

Macaluso posted:

How did you mange to beat the stage without bringing a box at the very end? I designed it so that you wouldn't beat the lava when exiting the pipe so you had to use a box to throw into the right pipe to have it land where you'll pop out of
I figured that was the case, since the whole final section seemed to be building towards that. Wall jump off of the pipe as you pop out

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Make it short and kinda easy. Most people will slam skip the second they fail if they have to redo a lot of gameplay like that.

I went with this. It's a pretty chill level I think.

Dreaming of a Grounded Christmas
RCM-V9J-LDG

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Submitted my first Jam level. SMB3 Pipeland Kids Jam

98P-SSK-L1G

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
my dumb childhood was filled watching dumb spy kids, goonies, and other adventures with traps galore but I also didn't want to make it super duper hard so here's my dumb jam level:

In Search of the Desert Flower:

It's got treasure. It's got traps. It's got adventure.

I had to remake this like four times because I had some sections in it that I realized were way too hard :(

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

That's a really cool level, well done

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

J-Spot posted:

I was having a bit of a creator's block trying to think of a level for this week's jam. I didn't just want to make a level for kids, I wanted to make the best possible level that would wow all the kids and assure my place in the maker top 100. Unfortunately, I have no idea what kids these days are into or what they're looking for in a Mario level. I knew I couldn't do it on my own, so I turned to science. I have created an artificial intelligence specifically designed to make the perfect Mario level for kids, and the world of Mario Maker may never be the same.

For days I had the A.I. play through the easy mode of endless Mario challenge so it could learn all the secrets of easy course design. Any levels that had too low play counts were discarded in order to ensure that no difficult stages had accidentally made their way into the rotation. I only wanted the purest of easy stages to be worked into the A.I.'s level building routine. Knowing that it's not enough that kids just be able to beat the stage I also trained the A.I. on all the things kids love by having it consume days and days worth of children's programming on Youtube Kids. After I was confident that the A.I. had learned all it could about what kids enjoy I set it to work building the perfect level.

Ladies and gentlemen, what you are about to play represents no less than the greatest achievement in Mario science. My A.I. built and uploaded this stage completely on its own, so I have not even had the chance to play it myself. Let me know if you see anything strange as there could still be a few glitches in the program. Without further ado, I proudly present my entry for this week's jam:

What could possibly go wrong? (Seriously, I think you win the Jam.)

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Asema posted:

my dumb childhood was filled watching dumb spy kids, goonies, and other adventures with traps galore but I also didn't want to make it super duper hard so here's my dumb jam level:

In Search of the Desert Flower:

It's got treasure. It's got traps. It's got adventure.

I had to remake this like four times because I had some sections in it that I realized were way too hard :(

Please add it to the Jam spreadsheet using the form Thanks.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Done!

I'm going to take some of the scrapped ideas and work with them tomorrow I think.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Finally cleared this and I kinda love it?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Streaming viewer levels! Come submit your trash!

https://www.twitch.tv/cartridgeblowers

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

We're finally here. Upload number 32 from me. I wanted to do something special for my final level before culling so I decided to make a hard level based around Grand Master Galaxy / 3D Lands finale level / Champions Road etc. Originally was going for 3D World but decided to put it in my childhoods favorite Mario game instead. It's the level I feel Nintendo would of made if they were doing these finales back then so I hope it scratches that itch.

It would make me super happy to see people clear it, let alone give thoughts on it as I spent a lot of time making it look as good as possible and play as tightly as I hoped. It's tough but it's a honest course. I hope whoever plays it has fun :shobon:

Make it short and kinda easy. Most people will slam skip the second they fail if they have to redo a lot of gameplay like that.

I enjoyed this course! My main problem is that I'm terrible at jumping off of buzzsaws as while riding Yoshi. I also accidentally used a flying beetle to get to the rainbow platforms and waltz over that section. It was a fun course that avoided overstaying its welcome.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Moriatti posted:

Finally cleared this and I kinda love it?

Really happy to hear it!

Ziddar posted:

I enjoyed this course! My main problem is that I'm terrible at jumping off of buzzsaws as while riding Yoshi. I also accidentally used a flying beetle to get to the rainbow platforms and waltz over that section. It was a fun course that avoided overstaying its welcome.

Yeah that's totally fair, was trying to think of things only yoshi could do to fit it's section and bouncing off hazards and grabbing things was what I came up with :v: As for the beetles I figured that was possible and considered roofing it in but went "nah if someone does that then sure have fun."

Maxxim
Mar 10, 2007

Played your new courses a little while ago, I wrote some small notes:

Wario's logging company
As I was posting this I realized I was missing this level so this is just from memory: Coin hunts where you don't have to grab every coin have definitely surprised me as a level type, I've enjoyed most of them that I've played. This one was no exception, and I enjoyed planning out a route to win fast.

Dozy dunes
Felt a little busier than your levels normally due, likely due to the bloopers. The first pipe was a bit weird since it was in an out of the way area, I was expecting it to lead to a bonus area or provide a power up. It was neither. Very nice!

Side note: I mentioned a little while ago that I particularly enjoyed speedrunning your levels because they're more traditional, compared to some of the "TWENTY SECOND SPEEDRUN GO FAST" levels where there is The One Way to do things. This was a particularly good example, so I figured I'd share. Finding a route that lines everything up is just very satisfying:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DxwFieEkWQ

Mario and the hidden treasure
Very cute. Using the clear condition rather than red coins and a key is pretty neat, too bad you can’t have checkpoints.

Winter walk
Night music is so good. This level played really well, and the smb3 style bonus area was great.

Heated hotfoot
The first firebar was a bit weird, since it’s basically the only obstacle between two fire flowers. Was fairly simple (as intended), but got the speedrun idea across pretty well. The one jump over the lava pit with the fire bars doesn’t work if you’re both big and do a full jump, which felt a bit surprising.

Forest of fury
Not particularly my kind of level. I think you did a good job for a mini boss fight level though. In the koopa and Goomba tubes, the one tile gaps between the blocks and the pipe were unnecessarily punishing for people that can’t duck jump while big. I know you generally skew your levels towards easy/normal so I figured it was worth mentioning.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

We're finally here. Upload number 32 from me. I wanted to do something special for my final level before culling so I decided to make a hard level based around Grand Master Galaxy / 3D Lands finale level / Champions Road etc. Originally was going for 3D World but decided to put it in my childhoods favorite Mario game instead. It's the level I feel Nintendo would of made if they were doing these finales back then so I hope it scratches that itch.

It would make me super happy to see people clear it, let alone give thoughts on it as I spent a lot of time making it look as good as possible and play as tightly as I hoped. It's tough but it's a honest course. I hope whoever plays it has fun :shobon:

This is extremely my poo poo! Pacing wasn't perfect, there seemed to be a few forced waits and generally I think there were some easy but disproportionately time consuming segments getting in the way of retrying the hard parts. But still really loving good.

Q_res posted:

But I did decide to give the 3D World style and tried making just a straight forward, but challenging traditional Mario level and came up with 3D World Spelunking F3M-1D8-JSF

Has a few Kaizo blocks (unintentional?), and the blind jump into the pit is a dick move. Pretty solid overall though.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
Made a nice simple level with a vertical theme

Mario's Cat Condo
M72-G51-WVF

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Straight White Shark posted:

This is extremely my poo poo! Pacing wasn't perfect, there seemed to be a few forced waits and generally I think there were some easy but disproportionately time consuming segments getting in the way of retrying the hard parts. But still really loving good.

Kinda curious as to what parts had you waiting, during my upload run I didn't really have to stop for anything other than a certain fire flower part in the middle (for safety)

Other then that glad you enjoyed it. Posts like this make me happy that I went through with my idea!

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

@DalaranJ: Apparently I mistyped the code for Mariokesh Bazaar. Can you change it to 5J2-2Y8-9HG?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Haschel Cedricson posted:

@DalaranJ: Apparently I mistyped the code for Mariokesh Bazaar. Can you change it to 5J2-2Y8-9HG?

Done.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Thanks for all your feedback! I loved seeing your speedrun of Dozy Dunes. Heated Hotfoot is a bit rough since it was my Blitz level and Forest of Fury was my first attempt at 3D World, I appreciate your notes on the one tile gaps, but I've uploaded that level like six times now (for real) so I think I'm going to just leave it as is. You can just go up from there (onto the next level and then down the pipe if you have to) so it's not completely horrible for people that can't duck.

DorianGravy
Sep 12, 2007

The Lobster posted:

A heartwarming tale of two goon buddies, next to each other on the All Time Maker hi-score list! :3:

That's fantastic! High five, level buddy! (For those who are unclear, I'm Petrichor&)

Elpato posted:

I'm reposting this one asking for some advice on how to do it better.

I tried to make the level feel alive by adding little side areas, optional challenges, and plenty of enemies, but I'm worried about it being too cluttered and busy. Any of you goons with smooth, pretty levels have advice?

Again, sorry for throwing it up twice, but I want to know whether it's Maker Insecurity or really a problem.

This was fun! It was definitely a bit nonlinear, but maybe that's what you want. The theme came through well, and the vault room at the end put a big smile on my face. A "traditional" Mario level would usually have a more straightforward route (and probably fewer projectiles), but that might not necessarily be what you want. I say, just keep experimenting! Take inspiration from the levels that you like to play.

J-Spot posted:

I have no idea what's going on, but I laughed, so good job?

Q_res posted:

R7W-H5S-9XG

Nice use of POW blocks for lighting, and it was fun to fight some enemies when I could only see part of the screen. It required a little bit of strategy to know where to stand and when to attack to beat the Boom Booms, especially the flying one. In general, I'd avoid having more than one boss fight in a level, but it worked alright here. I died a few times, mostly because I kicked that shell toward the beginning of the level and it hit me out of the darkness later on, so I learned to just jump of those enemies. The theme of the level was really neat.

I think I played the first version of that level, and this one was definitely an improvement. In the first version, I think there were shelled enemies that came out of the darkness quickly, and I died a few times to those. So it was nice that you got rid of those. Good work!

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Anyone willing to playtest my Jam level?

9J7-M44-37G - Like Father, Like Son

Edit: Dang, never mind. I already got two comments. I don't think I can take it down now! It must stand. Let me make a fancy-shmancy graphic for it.

The Lobster fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jul 18, 2019

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

DorianGravy posted:

In general, I'd avoid having more than one boss fight in a level, but it worked alright here.

Firstly, genuinely want to thank you for the input (you too JSpot). The reason for the multiple boss fights is because the level started out as an entirely different concept that I just couldn't quite pull off.

Originally I was going for Horror level inspired by 80s Slasher flicks. That's why there are off screen Thwomps in the ceiling. I wanted a dark level with a lot of jump scares but no real danger until you got to the Boss fights. The trapped Bosses in the walls was the villian stalking/chasing you. In keeping with the Slasher films where the villian always has a couple fake deaths before the final showdown. It was originally going to be 3 versions of Bowser, but the fire from the trapped Bowsers caused problems.

Hopefully with a little more experience designing levels I'll be able to pull it off eventually.

Straight White Shark posted:

Has a few Kaizo blocks (unintentional?), and the blind jump into the pit is a dick move. Pretty solid overall though.

And thank you too, appreciate it. Kaizo blocks? The hidden coin blocks at the start? I was hoping the coins would give away their presence. Definitely unintentional though. As for the pit jump, I had hoped the Paratrooper would help that from being too punishing. Also, it's actually possible to walljump from the left side if you don't get it right. Wasn't sure how to communicate that though.

Q_res fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jul 18, 2019

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Title: Like Father, Like Son
Code: 9J7-M44-37G
Description: Enjoy some time with your Player Two in this family-friendly stage.
Difficulty: Easy/Normal

The Lobster fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Jul 21, 2019

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Reuploaded after fixing a badly placed power-up, and tweaking one of the puzzle rooms and the boss fight. The boss fight is better than in my first uploaded version, in which it was too easy because I overcorrected from my original idea being obnoxiously hard (there were originally no platforms). And since the boss fight was the main reason I made this level to begin with, I'm much happier with it as a whole now.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Made a level for the jam, might be a bit too easy, not sure, also the reference probably won't land for everyone.

The Super Monty Mole Proxy: 3M8-O7T-C2G

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Little Mac posted:

Streaming viewer levels! Come submit your trash!

https://www.twitch.tv/cartridgeblowers

I saw you try to take my world record in the vod. I'm sorry but I had to go faster.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

J-Spot posted:

This was really, really dumb. I loved it.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Unforgiving levels you have to play perfectly just aren't my thing, but I appreciate the effort you put into it. I couldn't clear the saw jump after the hammer bros and don't know how without taking a hit from the saw above.

Moriatti posted:

I made a simple boss fight level:

The first door is awful, and several orders of magnitude harder than the other two. First a room full of skewers where the only correct thing to do is run right and not stop as soon as you enter, and the actual boss fight is just too drat crowded. If you toned it down even a little bit, like by removing the boos, or putting the icicles one block higher, it might be fun. I beat the other two rooms, and they were fine, except it looked like you could make the magikoopa one unwinnable if you run out of starmen, and I almost didn't see the on/off switch until I did since you have to scroll the screen up.

Haschel Cedricson posted:

A pleasant little coin hunt with nice scenery, though the decorative elements of your course were sometimes a little confusing—at least one ? block it didn't seem like you could hit with anything (the one on the ground to the left of the blue lift coin), and the two checkpoint flags at the start in particular.

Flying Zamboni posted:

This is really cool!

I just uploaded a remake of one of my MM1 levels that I've been wanting to re-do:

Cute concept, played fine, though I think it might have worked better as an autoscroller. Bowser as the convoy leader was a fitting end, though I was quietly hoping for Thunderdome. :v:

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Jul 18, 2019

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
DalaranJ, would you kindly remove the level of mine in the sheet named "Non-OSHA Approved Fire Escape"? I have uploaded a newer, better version under a different name (Blatantly Unsafe Fire Escape, PVW-G7P-G5G) and already added it to the sheet, so it's probably easier to just remove the old, crappy version. Thank you.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Here's my entry for the third jam!

Board the desert train and change tracks with the switch (or don't) for a different challenge! Just watch out for sudden explosions in:

Boom Boom's Railway Blast
3YF-SK2-WHF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

I don't want to be harsh, but are you seriously suggesting that level is somehow kid friendly? I see you're also responsible for 'Nipping at Your Heels', can I respectfully suggest that you need to reevaluate your perception of difficulty? Only one of your courses manages to have a Clear Rate of 7% or better.