Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Julet Esqu posted:

Tiggum enjoys the occasional stealth edit. Never Forget.

Well color me impressed because it felt exactly like the real thing. :v:

What makes this post so much worse is the 4 likes and 20 replies it's already got.

Yvonmukluk posted:

Bad Machinery

:ohdear: To think this all started because of Jack's random guess.

EasyEW posted:

Oh, gently caress YOU If This Is Going Where I Think It Is.

I'm not sure how Batiuk thinks making the chimpanzee the real murderer is gonna bring Cancerwife-esque pathos to this tacky storyline. Also, Butter was a star from the 40s, so there's some weird time dilation going on for this guy to still be alive today and look like in his 50s.

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze has also used this punchline a bunch of times.

Okay, hold the gently caress up. Assuming the monster's crouching down to peek at the hole, there's no possible way the arm should be angled downwards like that without dislocating its shoulder. Maybe it'd work if the monster has an eye on its torso or something, but that'd be too much creativity for WD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
thanks for posting Footrot Flats again, it's a delight

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon
Moomin and the Martians

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Everyone in Working Daze looks like their skin is too loose on their bodies

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks
King Aroo 3/18/53

Mopsy 2/6/42

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Hey this looks neat, thanks.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Johnny Walker posted:

Apartment 3-G

Wow. gently caress you, dude.
They always say she's got two kids but we only see Mindy. Where's the other kid?

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
The Lockhorns

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Kevin & Kell

Mother Goose & Grimm

Hagar The Horrible

Sherman's Lagoon

Frazz

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The Princess Planet is in grave danger

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Fred Basset

Judge Parker

Reply All

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Tiggum posted:

Fred Basset

Fred Murders His Friend

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Sluggo is falling into a bad crowd. But, onto Corto Maltese: Pandora and Tarao begin their voyage into the deep waters, or Folk history of the Polynesian peoples are quite interesting, in that usually there aren't any creation myths, but immigration myths i.e. coming from the legendary island of Hawaiki, or Look out, she's a man-eater!

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (Dec. 24, 2007)

Arlo and Janis Classic (Dec. 24, 1997)

Garfield Classic (Dec. 24, 1987)

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

https://i.imgur.com/CbVpsPt.gifv

Kennel fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Jul 18, 2019

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Bongo Bill posted:

Hey this looks neat, thanks.
Yeah, I saw Marvel had reprinted them (currently two Epic Collections) and figured I'd post them (with X-O's permission). I'm not sure if the full series is readily available, but it only ran in 1977, then 1979-1984, so we'll see how it goes. I haven't looked through it, and I'm getting conflicting reviews that some of it may be direct reprints of Dark Horse's reprints that reformatted the stories for comic books, but we'll see, I guess.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
BCN

Phoebe

Baldo

Seeing these comics from 2007 makes me wonder exactly when the Baldo team started phoning it in.

Big Nate

Wallace

Curtis

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Tiggum posted:

Fred Basset

Fred Basset Gets Trolled

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Old School Peanuts (Nov 14, 1950)

Calvin and Hobbes (Jan 20-21, 1986)

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Transmodiar posted:

I didn't buy this loving atrocity. Someone do me a solid and donate something MB-related?

That's as maybe with where it came from, but someone has saved you and you've been rehabilitated in my eyes.

ssb fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Jul 18, 2019

SnotGrumble
Jun 4, 2003

All men live in fear of him and his Moxie.

I don't normally comment on Dustin, but wow is this one mean-spirited.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Hey yeah I haven't been paying attention to Safe Havens but did Mars just somehow get terraformed or something?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

OneMoreTime posted:

Hey yeah I haven't been paying attention to Safe Havens but did Mars just somehow get terraformed or something?

Yes. Also it's alive and can talk. And there are robots there that were left behind by some previous visitors, who were probably mermaids. And now the dodos live there. And also Earth governments can't exploit it because it was legally adopted by two of the human characters. Yes, the planet Mars, which is alive, intelligent, and presumably an adult by whatever standards would apply to a living planet, was legally adopted (under American law I guess?) by two humans and this somehow stops any other humans from sending colonists or miners or whatever there, but doesn't stop the dodos from just wandering out of the ship and declaring that they live there now.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Tiggum posted:

Yes. Also it's alive and can talk. And there are robots there that were left behind by some previous visitors, who were probably mermaids. And now the dodos live there. And also Earth governments can't exploit it because it was legally adopted by two of the human characters. Yes, the planet Mars, which is alive, intelligent, and presumably an adult by whatever standards would apply to a living planet, was legally adopted (under American law I guess?) by two humans and this somehow stops any other humans from sending colonists or miners or whatever there, but doesn't stop the dodos from just wandering out of the ship and declaring that they live there now.

The dodos have also just had a child, which is (currently) also a dodo, and was born on Mars, which I guess makes it the first native Martian? They also can't come back to Earth because they've been exposed to the Martian ecosystem and could contaminate the Earth's. The Martian ecosystem isn't native to Mars though, it's some magical genetic combination of the living Mars with Earth plants. And the humans who adopted Mars in order to protect it from other humans did this to it without the planet's consent or any real plan for how it would play out. Also the dodos were originally chickens, but they were magically genetically altered to become dodos because the humans wanted some dodos to study. They have since been turned into numerous other things on a temporary basis, because that just happens to everyone in this comic.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Geech

Zip

Rip

Dick May 9-10, 1932

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Tiggum posted:

The dodos have also just had a child, which is (currently) also a dodo, and was born on Mars, which I guess makes it the first native Martian? They also can't come back to Earth because they've been exposed to the Martian ecosystem and could contaminate the Earth's. The Martian ecosystem isn't native to Mars though, it's some magical genetic combination of the living Mars with Earth plants. And the humans who adopted Mars in order to protect it from other humans did this to it without the planet's consent or any real plan for how it would play out. Also the dodos were originally chickens, but they were magically genetically altered to become dodos because the humans wanted some dodos to study. They have since been turned into numerous other things on a temporary basis, because that just happens to everyone in this comic.

The humans who did all this to Mars were sent there by that data security company that Dethany from On The Fast Rack works at. I think as a promotional stunt? And Dethany from On The Fast Rack is part of their support team on Earth - but it's some time (ten years maybe?) in the future because time moves forward in Safe Havens but remains basically static in Fast Rack. But I think that, like Funky Winkerbean and Crankshaft, they're both set in the present (ie. 2019), despite explicitly taking place decades apart. And the only way you can tell that it's the future is because Dethany dresses a little bit differently.

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!

Tiggum posted:

The Martian ecosystem isn't native to Mars though, it's some magical genetic combination of the living Mars with Earth plants. And the humans who adopted Mars in order to protect it from other humans did this to it without the planet's consent or any real plan for how it would play out.

The plants actually come from the DNA of a child who has plants growing all over them? They combined the child's DNA with the planets DNA (which was extra big because planets are big!). Then they changed some of the giant flytraps to other flowers using magic pollen.

This all makes sense because.

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010
All this time I thought that the comic was called On the Fast Track.
Fast rack?

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
BCN is trying my patience. I am getting sick fast of even more characters showing up so everybody can make :D faces all the time in a sugar festival.

the bus 2

SuperKlaus fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jul 18, 2019

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

AndreTheGiantBoned posted:

Fast rack?

Never trust a Tiggum post

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Ebola Dog posted:

The plants actually come from the DNA of a child who has plants growing all over them?
I believe that is correct, but I think the child only has plants growing on him because of some previous magical genetic alteration to combine his DNA with a plant's? Or possibly with the DNA of "plants" in general, because things are only ever as specific as Holbrook needs them to be at the time.

AndreTheGiantBoned posted:

Fast rack?
It's written as one word, but it's only got the one T so it's either "fast rack" or "fas track": https://www.comicskingdom.com/on-the-fastrack

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Tiggum posted:

That...what?

Wasn't this strip about a loving daycare?

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

OneMoreTime posted:

That...what?

Wasn't this strip about a loving daycare?

Batman’s Shameful Secret: Comic Strip Thread: Remember When ‘Safe Havens’ Was About A Daycare?

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

My favorite day of the week is Sunday because No Safe Havens On Sunday

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
"No Safe Havens on Sunday" is a great phrase.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Rahonavis posted:

Batman’s Shameful Secret: Comic Strip Thread: Remember When ‘Safe Havens’ Was About A Daycare?

"Want to feel old? Safe Havens hasn't been about a daycare for the last 20 years."

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Do I even want to ask what Safe Havens actually IS about? Because I honestly have no earthly idea. Doubly so with On the Fastrack (Death runs a funeral home?).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

SuperKlaus posted:

BCN is trying my patience. I am getting sick fast of even more characters showing up so everybody can make :D faces all the time in a sugar festival.
Yeah. I suppose the premise is such that there's not many places to go besides introducing a new cute character again and again. It's not exactly a gag-a-day strip, but there's also no real storyline. Just cute pets being cute.

shortspecialbus posted:

My favorite day of the week is Sunday because No Safe Havens On Sunday
Every week when I see that a little part of me cheers.

F Minus

Mark Trail

Yeah. OK.

Mary Worth

Interesting timing for this strip to show up!

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

"Now if you'll excuse me, Hannity is on!"

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

Right on, woman!

PetraCore posted:

They always say she's got two kids but we only see Mindy. Where's the other kid?
His name is Russ and he's away at summer camp. This was probably only explained once or twice briefly and I had to go back and find it, so it's not a surprise that you don't remember. She probably sent him off for the summer at the insistence of Walter.