Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

kru posted:

That intern should be loving commended

if she passed up her opportunity to swap the child for a malicious changeling she deserves what's happening

Zzulu posted:

Why don't you get unions

we do and the union leaders are paid very well to make sure nobody gets too uppity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
AITA for no longer being willing to tell my best friend what's going on in my wife's pregnancy?

quote:

My wife(26F) and I(26M) found out on Fathers Day that we are expecting our first child! It's been a roller coaster of emotions(was not a planned pregnancy) but overall we are super excited to be starting our family.

My best friend(26M)of 23 years is pretty much my brother. I dont actually have any memories of before we were friends, so it's easy to say I actually do care quite a bit about him.

The other day I got to see my kid's heartbeat for the first time and I got to say...HOLY gently caress. It was the best feeling I have EVER experienced. That was the moment I could set my doubts and fears aside and actually just be super stoked about becoming a father. I wish I could explain that level of happiness but I cant, though I think you get my point.

So of course I wanted to tell MY BEST loving FRIEND about this insane experience I just had. His response was to make sex jokes. He turned me seeing my kids heartbeat for the first time into a loving sex joke.

Now I'm refusing to tell him anything about the pregnancy and he thinks I'm being an rear end in a top hat about it. I personally just dont want one of the biggest experience in my life to be a loving sex joke.

So reddit, AITA? Am I overreacting? What would you do?

I do love the guy. 23 years is a long time to be best friends with someone, I just think there is a time and place for jokes, and a time and place just to be supportive.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Pinecone Sample posted:

AITA for no longer being willing to tell my best friend what's going on in my wife's pregnancy?

loving lmao at this manchild

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Also kill all bosses

Especially those who give you a formal warning for doing such irresponsible things such as changing your baby's dirty diaper because you're too neglectful a parent to notice it yourself.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Zzulu posted:

Why don't you get unions

https://youtu.be/AQeGBHxIyHw
https://youtu.be/Y6bFEs4ZoXw
https://youtu.be/2j3ZNUxqo9M

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
:psyduck:

Slowly I start to realize why so many Americans are depressed and unhappy with their lives

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Oh you're making noise about a union? Well it's illegal to fire you for that but golly your performance has been slipping lately and I just can't keep you around. Happy trails.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

My cat (3M) is humping the blender (4?) and I don't think it will work out.

quote:

Back in April, I noticed my cat was spending a lot more time with the blender. At the time I figured they were just friends and really didn't think much of. But as time went by I noticed that the cat was spending more and more time with the blender. I tried to the cat involved with other activities but he would always go back to the blender. Last night I was awoken to some strange sounds coming from the kitchen. When I got to the kitchen I saw my cat humping the blender like mad. I'm sure that the cat or the blender did not see me. But I know the cat and the blender and I am quite certain that their relationship will not work out. How should I proceed?

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Zzulu posted:

Why don't you get unions

Funny story about unions. A few years ago, Volkswagen opened up a plant in Tenneessee, and like any reasonable German company tried to set up a union for their American workers, because all the German companies work with unions. A majority of the workers voted against having a union, because anti-union propaganda had poisoned the idea against them. This greatly baffled Volkswagen.

In fact, as I was looking up this story, turns out they tried to form a union again a month ago. The vote failed again. https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/15/business/volkswagen-united-auto-workers-union-vote/index.html

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

DemoneeHo posted:

My cat (3M) is humping the blender (4?) and I don't think it will work out.

Sounds like this cat is all mixed up.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
If you're not stealing from your cake boss you're stealing from your cake family and candy wife.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

mllaneza posted:

Good call ! It turns out that a similar comment produced a happy ending for the story. A rare but welcome feel good tale.

Broken clocks, amirite?

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

DemoneeHo posted:

Funny story about unions. A few years ago, Volkswagen opened up a plant in Tenneessee, and like any reasonable German company tried to set up a union for their American workers, because all the German companies work with unions. A majority of the workers voted against having a union, because anti-union propaganda had poisoned the idea against them. This greatly baffled Volkswagen.

In fact, as I was looking up this story, turns out they tried to form a union again a month ago. The vote failed again. https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/15/business/volkswagen-united-auto-workers-union-vote/index.html

I remember another funny story about how Toyota chose to build a plant in Canada instead of the US because they found American workers were basically illiterate.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Zzulu posted:

Why don't you get unions

woah, that's a good idea

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
I remember seeing one of those when I worked for Wal Mart. I had to really struggle with not laughing at the anti union video they showed me (not sure if it's the same one linked it was over 20 years ago).

'Look we're not anti union we just feel it's not in the best interest of the employee' *subtext but we'll sure as poo poo fire you if you even talk to someone trying to organise* then showed employees being approached by a union guy in the parking lot like some kind of D.A.R.E. level anti drug movie. Just say no!

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

I hid the body of the post because it was gross :barf:

How do I tell my boyfriend to wipe his rear end?

quote:

My boyfriend doesn't wipe enough after he poops and I can definitely see poop back there when he's naked. I'm genuinely concerned about my own health (I don't want poop coming anywhere near my reproductive/urinary tract OR my mouth if he's getting head) and I don't know how to bring it up without sounding like a jerk. I thought a grown man would a) know how to wipe and b) be considerate enough to shower if he knows he's getting in my pants after a particularly nasty poop.

Is there any kind way to express my concerns?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for putting an intern’s future employment in jeopardy for walking off with my baby?

AITA?

what an rear end in a top hat!

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
update: My (22F) fiance (22M) slept in the same room as his co-worker (28F) on a work trip.

quote:

Sorry for the late update. Didn't really have the time to write something.

I decided to snoop, and I hit the jackpot right away. I unlocked it with his fingerprint (should have been the first sign. He claimed it was convenient). I scrolled through their messages and it was obvious. They were even making fun of me together. They've been sleeping together for months. Don't know what got over me but I wanted to read everything they ever said to each other and I did. Pretty sure they slept together just two days after he proposed. From what I could gather from their talks she wants him to leave me but he's hesitant. But sleeping with her for months is okay right?

Not proud of my reaction but I went a little crazy. Been with this dude since I was 16. I packed and threw some of his stuff and called a friend over, and woke him up and told him he should leave. He confessed and begged for a second chance, I couldn't believe it really. He left and only came back to grab more of his stuff. I blocked him everywhere and haven't spoken to him since, but obviously I'm going to need to be in contact with him to figure out the details about our finances.

I don't know, I'm still hurt and upset but not as much as I thought. Initially I felt like I was going crazy. And I feel sooooo stupid for not noticing or finding out earlier. I wasted so much time with him. Somehow because it's a full blown affair it hurts less. Oh and there was no work trip. I mainly feel like an idiot for not asking more questions and blindly trusting him. My friend has been with me and she is always able to make me laugh. We went out together most nights and I've been feeling better. To top it off I slept with one of his best buddies last night, and he told me not to tell him lol. I was drunk and wanted revenge and well I guess I sorta got it 😅, tho I'll definitely be letting him now.

Not much else to say. I guess I'm going to be single for a while and enjoy that. I seriously can't believe I was going to get married to this rear end in a top hat. Turns out you never really know people.

5 days ago

My (22F) fiance (22M) slept in the same room as his co-worker (28F) on a work trip.

quote:

We've been engaged for 6 months. Together since 16. We knew and both realized that we were going to change as a person while growing up, and so communication has always been our number one priority. We have a great relationship and our wedding is in October. I was seriously excited until now because I feel really uneasy.

He went on a 2 day (1 night) work trip with his co-worker (I'll call her F). I have met F once before at a company event and I didn't exactly like her. I'll be honest and say that she intimidated me and I feel insecure when I think about them spending time together. She's an extremely bubbly and very attractive, also very flirty but she's married. I didn't like that they were going on this work trip together but what can I do? It would've been ridiculous if I told him he can't go because I don't like F. Anyways I decide to pick him up the airport, he was going to take a taxi but I wanted to surprise him.. They came out and F didn't look too pleased to see me. She kept talking about how much fun they had together, and at one point told me how lucky I was that my fiance gives good massages. I was shocked and asked her how so, and turns out he gave her a massage after the first day. I don't think this is okay and I wanted to confront him about it.

Unfortunately it doesn't stop here. Fiance went straight to bed when we got home so I didn't get the chance to really talk to him. I went through his bag and I found the papers for the hotel they were staying at. One room booked for 2 persons. One queen size bed and a couch that can be turned into a bed. I don't even know how to feel. I don't know if this is okay or not. At the very least I wish he would have told me, on the other hand I didn't ask about his hotel room either. I just feel super uncomfortable. I'm trying to resist the urge to snoop on his phone and I feel terrible about it. I don't know what to do and I'm just feeling lost. Please help me out here.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

DemoneeHo posted:

Well if he wiped more he'd turn gay and then she'd have a whole new reddit post to make.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

DemoneeHo posted:

:murder: is acceptable, for society's benefit

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

/r/relationships: Oh and there was no work trip.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Pinecone Sample posted:

update: My (22F) fiance (22M) slept in the same room as his co-worker (28F) on a work trip.

5 days ago

My (22F) fiance (22M) slept in the same room as his co-worker (28F) on a work trip.
Go scorched earth and inform their employer.

Play stupid sexy games win stupid sexy prizes.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

DemoneeHo posted:

I wonder if this is the same guy who refused to wipe between his cheeks because it was gay

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for “mocking” my coworker after her boyfriend of three years cheated on her?

Barudak posted:

Youd think a southerner would be used to getting burned by a northener

:pusheen:

Madison never learned that you shouldn't talk poo poo if you don't want to get hit

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Zzulu posted:

Why don't you get unions

Most unions were slowly destroyed during a decades-long political and social campaign to destroy their power and present them all as corrupt and useless. To be fair, some unions did have problems with being controlled by organized crime, but was mainly used as an excuse to justify destroying all unions.

This has been followed up by suppressing any new unions that do try to spring up with maximum force. Teachers have been denied unions in most states in hearing after hearing, for example.

At several of my jobs, it was part of employee orientation to watch an hour-long anti-union propaganda film custom made by the corporation. One of the major things they harp on is that unions were great for fighting the robber barons of yesteryear, but were now pointless leeches. At those jobs, even saying the word union on the clock could get you immediately dismissed, severely reprimanded, or forced out due to cut hours and lovely assignments. If management heard through the grapevine that you were talking about unions or unionizing on your own time outside of work, you’d get canned. If you do manage to organize a union or just a strike or other kind of collective action, they just fire anyone remotely involved or bring in scabs. Those companies are very upfront about all of this.

Unions in the US outside of a few select industries (the movie industry is one) are entirely toothless if they even exist at all.

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jul 18, 2019

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Zzulu posted:

Why don't you get unions

lol

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

DemoneeHo posted:

Alexa, play Redd Foxx's Wash Your rear end, full volume. Infinite Repeat.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Unions gay, so what?

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

CannonFodder posted:

Go scorched earth and inform their employer.

Play stupid sexy games win stupid sexy prizes.
Their employer and her husband. OP mentions that F is married.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

DemoneeHo posted:

Iirc state legislators promised to completely gently caress over the plant/VW if the union vote passed.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Pvt.Scott posted:

Unions in the US outside of a few select industries (the movie industry is one) are entirely toothless if they even exist at all.

Place I worked had part of the company unionize, and the CEO got really pissed and just straight up everyone, even though they were difficult to replace and absolutely essential for day to day operation.

HR stepped in and rehired everyone because holy poo poo you can't do that. So instead the CEO makes a giant show to go in front of the whole company and says, we love you so much we're going to give everyone in the company a nice heft raise! Except those dirty union people.

Then nobody got the raise. Technically the raise existed, but they got around giving it to people by giving it out in waves, then changing people's classification right before it was their turn to get theirs to a group that already got it.

To this day, the union itself only exists in name and doesn't even try to protect it's employees anymore. Not that it matters, most of the positions that were unionized have been systemically eliminated over the past several years and external contractors hired in their place.

Renegret fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jul 18, 2019

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Renegret posted:

Then nobody got the raise. Technically the raise existed, but they got around giving it to people by giving it out in waves, then changing people's classification right before it was their turn to get theirs to a group that already got it.

Dude, name and shame. That's diabolical!

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

My fiance was getting harassed at work (aerospace industry) and his union rep started getting harassed after he reported it. loving amazing.

E Wal-Mart and Target both made us watch anti-union scare movies. Two of the shittier corporations that exist. Surprise!

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Walmart will straight up close an entire store if it hears any unionization rumours.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

When I worked for Wal-Mart they announced every employee was getting a raise to $10/hr!!! Yay!!!

Then those of us that made more than thay suddenly only made $10/hr. gently caress that company.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

My boyfriend (42m) can’t decide if he wants to be with me anymore (32f).

quote:

My boyfriend is actually a really lovely person like has a very shady past. We got together a year after his divorce and we’re only Facebook friends before. But he’s told me a lot of things about himself that didn’t bother me at first but have started to be unsettling to me now. He cheated on his wife for 3 year with some woman at his work. Not to mention other women he worked with at that place of employment. Which is kinda more disturbing to me bc I worked there to at the same time. (That’s how we know each other from that job) Also when we first got together he had gotten a girl pregnant from online dating mishaps. But he abandoned this woman and their child. All this never bothered me bc I was a pretty bad alcoholic. Now I’m 7 months sober and seeing things more clearly. I love my boyfriend and we have a good relationship I never cared that he was a lovely person in the past bc he was never that way towards me.

But now he wants to take a break from being with me and I can’t help but think it’s: 1) because of my sobriety. I don’t party anymore and I’m not the drunken train wreck he used to. 2) I’m afraid he wants to sleep with other people (I’m am not boring in bed by far)

I just don’t k ow what to do and how to cope. I can’t stand this being in the dark space we are in. Nothing has really changed though we still talk a lot and spend time together like we are still a couple he just took my title away and reminds me constantly.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!
I had a friend (he wound up ghosting us all after he got a woman he met on Tinder pregnant 3 weeks into their relationship) who I suspected never wiped his rear end properly.

You can't just ask that, but he'd like leave a smell residue that's a telltale sign of swamp rear end if he sat anywhere for too long. Never seemed to matter that he had incredibly stinky rear end, he did fine in the dating world.

It's also actually kind of common in those reddit confession threads for people to admit they never really learned how to wash their rear end, and just sort of thought it took care of itself. Men don't touch they own rear end, you see.

Also it doesn't really 100% fit in this thread but if the "Tinder date with an actual serial killer" thread from twitter hasn't been posted :stare: :stare: :stare:

(Tried to format as best I could without embedding a ton of tweets, can't use timg in a quote)

https://twitter.com/araslanian/status/1149069084023115776

quote:

i have a tinder date story that happened back in april it still gives me the chills to think about it like im pretty sure i would’ve died that day and i have screenshots of our convo so you can see how creepy this guy was and how dumb i was for ignoring the obvious signs-

okay so back in april i made a tinder account after being in treatment for a couple of months i was in a new part of town and i was bored and i wanted to find new people to hang out with and i matched with this guy “mark” well that’s what his profile said he was -

in his early 30’s i believe and he was the only person up around my area and we started talking and he was really easy to communicate with but he kept pushing for us to hang out that night and i agreed bc why not🤪 anyways i gave him my # on the app so we could text -

he calls me straight away not even a text saying “hey it’s mark” lol so i pick up and we talk for about 20 minutes and he’s really persuasive. on the app we agreed to go get food and by the time we hung up i had agreed to go watch a movie @ his house and maybe spend the night -

this is the conversation that followed our 20 minute phone call. right away he called himself “daddy” when i had never called him that lmfao also i mentioned being scared to meet him which i did say lightly not really knowing what was going to happen -

quote:

since it was super last minute that we decided to hang out i was taking forever to get ready and this is where things got weird. why would he say i wasn’t going to go missing when i NEVER mentioned it.

quote:

because i was taking so long he was just circling around the area and i guess someone saw him and thought he looked suspicious so they called the cops and he got pulled over and he stopped replying after this -

quote:

so i see him pulled over at the top of the hill where there’s a dead end and i walk over to see if i can help in any way because i felt like it was my fault and as i’m walking over a police officer approached me and asked if i knew the guy in the car and i said -

“yeah but only on tinder” and he looks at me and walks me over to the gate of my apartments and asks if i knew that he was a REGISTERED SEX OFFENDER and i was like “what the gently caress?! no?!” he then asks for my ID to make sure i’m not a minor and after checking he -

proceeds to tell me he’s going to jail and asks if he was saying anything alarming because when they searched his car they found DUCT TAPE, ROPES, WEAPONS, AND A CHANGE OF CLOTHES FOR HIMSELF. was this man going to loving kill me?!

i have never ever ever been so scared like i know i say i want to die all the time but i really don’t. i mean not in that way. anyways please don’t be stupid like me and always meet somewhere public and during the day and check for social media’s and names and everything PLS!

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

aaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Chairman Mao
Apr 24, 2004

The Chinese Communist Party is the core of leadership of the whole Chinese people. Without this core, the cause of socialism cannot be victorious.
Haha that was a pretty fun read

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Shee-it