Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

That’s some primo distilled petty neighbor drama, I love it. Hucking a giant bag of dogshit into a pool in an act of revenge is like some Coen brothers dark suburban comedy move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I have to wonder what proportion of responses in this thread are;

-:murder:
-:sever:
-Mutual murder
-Fake your death
-Stay together so no one else has to put up with either of you

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Mother's infidelity revealed by bro's monster dong in this classic prudence.

quote:

Dear Prudence,
I am the middle of three boys and we are all in our 20s. Our parents separated shortly after my younger brother was born and eventually they went through a bitter divorce. Recently, my father, brothers, and I went to a camping-style family wedding together. The facilities were spartan and we all ended up in a communal shower. I’m sure this was the first time all four of us were naked together, and it was certainly the first time I’d seen my younger brother naked since he was little. In the shower, there was a definite “one of these things is not like the other” moment. While my older brother, dad, and myself have fairly similar, if modest, endowments, my younger brother’s male parts were noticeably different (and “better”) than ours in almost every way possible: size, shape, even complexion (!). It was like seeing a great white whale breaching alongside dolphins. None of us look strikingly like our parents, but we are clearly brothers, except for this newly discovered alien appendage on my younger brother. At the reception, my older brother brought this up to me immediately, and we worked out the theory that mom had an affair that gave rise to my baby brother, and his decidedly different genitalia, and the divorce. I don’t think full brothers could have such variation, and the fact that my younger brother’s package is a definite upgrade plays into the theory that maybe mom was shopping around for a better deal. We’d really like to get to the bottom of this, but we’re not sure how to broach this already difficult topic with either parent when our only evidence consists of this sensitive observation.

—No Ahab

Dear No,
It’s the Johnson brothers, Willie, Peter, and Rod! You and your brother got quite an eyeful of baby bro’s one-eyed wonder. I wish I knew what you meant by the superior “complexion” of your brother’s endowment. I’m just supposing that his Moby-Dick gives off a rosy glow due to excess blood flow. There are several ways to approach your central question: Did your mother give your father the shaft? First of all, you seem to be of the opinion that sexual characteristics are inherited only from the parent of the same sex. But as this website points out, genital size, like eye color and height, are traits inherited from both parents. It’s perfectly possible that your mother comes from a family of three-legged men and you and your older brother got the short end of that genetic lottery. You have one ambiguous (though substantial) piece of evidence for your theory that your parents’ divorce was due to your mother’s infidelity. But maybe your mother discovered that while she was gestating your father’s third son, he was the one cheating on her. Despite the nastiness of your parents’ parting, they have kept the reason quiet all these years. Since all of you boys appear to have been happily incurious about their split these many years, it’s probably a good idea to remain that way. You want to establish that your baby brother isn’t really a member of the tribe. But pursuing your hunch will only make a cock-up of things because nothing can change the fact that your father has always embraced all of you as his three sons.

—Prudie

Top work on the euphemisms in the reply.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for “mocking” my coworker after her boyfriend of three years cheated on her?

Query: Is it acceptable to be rude to an obnoxious bigot?

Answer: Yes

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

BadSamaritan posted:

That’s some primo distilled petty neighbor drama, I love it. Hucking a giant bag of dogshit into a pool in an act of revenge is like some Coen brothers dark suburban comedy move.

It's a mild response. People who leave dog poo poo behind should be scourged and crucified.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for putting an intern’s future employment in jeopardy for walking off with my baby?

Okay, I have a two-month-old and am currently on paternity leave. I’m fortunate to work at a place that’s family-oriented and where I’m a senior employee. I’m able to get a longer than typical paternity leave by working remotely from home. However, I had to go into the office to get documents that could only be accessed on my work computer. I thought I would give my wife a break and let her sleep in. So I grabbed my kid and headed to the office.

Only my boss knew I was coming in, so the office was surprised. And as people do, they gravitated towards the baby. Lots of cooing, holding, passing around, etc. This was all taking place inside my office. Then my baby started crying. I told my assistant that she can rock baby or walk around the office and they’ll go back to sleep. My assistant took her outside my office by her desk and I worked on gathering what I needed from my computer.

I stop hearing crying and look up to see my assistant on her phone, no baby in her arms. I rush out and ask where my kid is. She said asked one of the interns, let’s call her Mary, to take her because she got a call from a client.

Like most places, my office has summer interns who are college students. I’ve only met them once during the interviews months ago but I went on paternity leave before they started and haven’t worked with them like the rest of the office has. I know nothing about them personally since I’ve been out of the office.

I went over to where the intern desks are and ask where Mary was and they said she went to the bathroom. I asked if she had my baby they said she thinks so and I asked one of the female employees if she could go to the bathroom to get her. A minute later, they both come back, baby with Mary and diaper bag on her arm.

I took my kid from her arms and told her I didn’t appreciate her walking off with my kid. Mary said my assistant asked her to hold the baby and when she did, it seemed like baby needed a diaper change so she went and did that. I told her I appreciate the sentiment but didn’t like the idea of a stranger walking off with my baby.

In private, I told my boss that how I felt and that I would feel uncomfortable extending her a job offer at the end of her internship but the status of her employment now was up to my boss to decide.

When I told my wife, she said I went too far. The girl was doing a simple task and that she probably was given an “intern task”. I reiterated that the girl was a stranger and we wouldn’t let a stranger change our kid’s diaper anywhere else why work? Work doesn’t stop people from being psychos. Wife said she understood that but that I didn’t need to jeopardize the intern’s future employment and that I was throwing my weight around since I’m high in command.

AITA?

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

cumshitter posted:

I actually haven't spoken to my straight son in several years but was reminded of him today. The last time I spoke to him was when I went to meet with some clients at their office. After the meeting I told my son to wait while I used the bathroom, then I drove off and went for a late lunch with my husband.

Apparently my son just wandered around the office for a week, living on snacks and left out sandwich platters, until he wandered into a meeting and delivered a PowerPoint presentation entitled: "Have you seen my dad? I can't find his car in the parking lot." I guess this really impressed the idiots who worked there, because pretty soon he was their Senior Director of Corporate Communications. This is a Fortune 500 company, mind you.

Seems like my son is doing pretty well, despite his heterosexual handicap, and is now a motivational business speaker and published author with works such as:

Where is YOUR Dad? Defining Your Company's Core Values for Success
Lost in the Parking Lot: Finding Meaning in a Shifting Business Paradigm

Anyway, I was reminded of my son today because during a meeting someone said, "Well right now I'd say we're lost in the parking lot. But once we've had time to make sense of the analytics we'll know where our dad is."

You're my second favorite poster in this thread. First place obviously and forever goes to the guy who brought us the Timothy the mouse story.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for putting an intern’s future employment in jeopardy for walking off with my baby?

Wow, gently caress this guy. poo poo really does roll downhill and the people at the top barely notice they're the ones with their asses hanging out.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

i was expecting this to be like the intern just wandered off entirely for many minutes but someone handed this intern a random baby at work and her reaction was to change the kids diaper? that is initiative

really an office environment is one of the safest places where you can just say "here hold this" and pass your infant off to other people. if you've ever seen how office workers lose their poo poo when someone brings a dog into the office it's ten times as exciting when someone brings a baby

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

in the comments he doubles down, informing us that he got around to punishing his assistant too, but reassures us that his recommendation against the intern actually wasn't a big deal, even though his word carries a lot of weight

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
probably for the intern's benefit not to work at a place with such petty and fickle management

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

in the comments he doubles down, informing us that he got around to punishing his assistant too, but reassures us that his recommendation against the intern actually wasn't a big deal, even though his word carries a lot of weight

jesus christ

he gave his assistant a formal warning over it too!

quote:

I was disappointed in her and told her that even though Mary isn't a stranger to her, she's a stranger to me. My assistant has been a near perfect employee for me for two years but I did tell her this would be a formal warning.

quote:

I expressed my disappointment to my assistant for her hand in this. This all went down right outside my office but I wasn't looking at them as it happened. I just figured not walking off with a baby was common knowledge.

quote:

Thanks for your response. I did speak to my assistant and give her a formal warning. I'm upset with the intern for taking it upon herself without asking me to change the diaper. My assistant just asked the intern to hold the baby

e:

quote:

I said this in a different reply but I never handed my kid to my assistant and told her to take care of my kid. My assistant wanted to/asked to hold my baby. She came to me and asked how to calm crying and I told her. I never said take my crying kid I can't deal with this. I never expected or treated her as my nanny.

I told my boss about bringing my baby, she said it was fine. Coworkers wanted to meet the kid anyway

*hands assistant crying baby and diaper bag, walks away* "I wasn't expecting her to take care of my kid!!"

brugroffil fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jul 18, 2019

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

Power Khan posted:

AITA for denying my neighbouring dinner and throwing dog crap in his pool?

There are definitely ways to pick up your dog's poo poo without using plastic bags so neighbor is an rear end in a top hat, but I also don't understand the thought process behind throwing a party solely dedicated to shaming the person for any plastic he uses. What ever happened to the classic flaming dog turd on the front porch?

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

AITA for kicking out my daughter for getting pregnant on purpose, twice?

quote:

My daughter came to me at 17 and said she was pregnant. It was a huge shock and I was disappointed (we had safe sex talks, I put her on the pill, etc.) but we made it through. When my granddaughter was born, I helped my daughter and her boyfriend as much as I could. I was always told that her birth control failed and that’s why she got pregnant.

Fast forward a year later and they’re pregnant once again, “birth control failure”. I was suspicious but my daughter swore up and down she was taking her pills and I was picking them up from the pharmacy for her, so it shouldn’t have been a problem.

I guess I wasn’t the only one suspicious. Her boyfriend started doing some snooping and one day, I come home to find he’s gone, and he took the baby. My daughter is a wreck. I ask what happened. She said that he’s accusing her of getting pregnant both times on purpose, is calling her crazy and wants full custody of both kids. I got her to calm down and asked her a few times if he was right about her getting pregnant on purpose. She finally confessed. She admitted to just not taking her birth control the months she wanted to conceive, and flushing them.

I have never been more pissed. These pregnancies have caused our family to go into a state of disarray. We had to rearrange our whole lives. I love my grand baby but life is ten times harder. I was so angry with her, I told her that she had to go stay with her grandmother for a bit (after calling to see if she’d take her) or if she didn’t want to go there, anywhere else. She asked how long a bit was and I said I wasn’t sure.

It’s been a couple of weeks. I know her boyfriend has let her see the baby and they’re working out custody, but that’s just from my mom. My husband says we should let her move back in but I don’t know. I’m so angry with her right now. It was one thing when it was an accident but she did it on purpose. She’ll be 19 soon, so legally we don’t have to, but my husband feels it’s right. He says we can’t kick her out over this but I feel like I can’t be around her.

AITA for kicking her out?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for kicking my brother out of my wedding after he made a speech promoting his new book?

This happened last month. I’m over it but my family is still hounding me for being a “dick” to my brother. My husband thinks I did the right thing but I’m sick and tired of getting harassed with “you need to apologize” messages from relatives. Wondering if I should just to get it over with.

Anyways, some background: I have 4 siblings. My oldest brother is somewhat of a train wreck. When he was 26 he married a 17 year old girl, knocked her up, then subsequently got married and had 2 more kids. 6 years later he started an affair with a coworker and left his wife and 3 kids hanging. He’s skipped out on child support for over 10 years now. Long story short, the other woman ended up scamming him out of thousands, essentially bankrupting him and forcing him to move back in with my parents.

My brother now identifies as an “abuse victim” because of this woman’s scams. He has come to all of us telling us that he’s a victim, a “survivor of abuse” and that we need to empathize with his trauma. His kids, btw, still haven’t seen a cent from him. His ex wife pretends he doesn’t exist and he pretends his kids don’t exist.

Well, during my wedding reception my brother took the mic and made a big show of making an impromptu speech for me and my husband. It started off well, with him congratulating us, telling us how love like ours is so rare, then quickly segued into him talking about “abusive relationships” and “narcissistic partners” and how he’s overcome so much himself so he knows true love when he sees it. He then twisted the entire story to make himself sound like the biggest victim in the world. Then, when everyone was teary-eyed and ready to clap, he had the gall to pitch his new book that he’s trying to self-publish about his journey from abuse.

Most distant relatives who have no idea what he actually did were overcome with emotion, telling him he’s a hero and all that. I was fed up and pulled him aside afterwards and told him this was the last straw for me, that I didn’t condone him using my wedding as a platform to peddle his BS. I told him he could either apologize to me on the spot or he can leave. He left.

Well, afterwards he’s told our entire family that I treated him like poo poo and made him question his worth. My close family thinks he crossed a line but still want me to apologize to him because he’s “fragile and trying to do better.” My distant relatives now think I’m a monster for tossing a “brave soul” like him out on the street right after a rousing speech. They think I got jealous of him and tossed him out because I was being a bridezilla.

AITA for what I did? Should I just apologize and get people off my back? Or should I just keep ignoring them?

I’m having second thoughts even though I’d been so sure I did the right thing at first. Looking for feedback, thanks!

Edit: For everyone asking why I don’t tell people about his kids. Well prepare to pop another blood vessel but he’s made up his own version of that story as well.

He tells people that his ex girlfriend (the other woman) manipulated him into abandoning his wife and kids. That he never wanted to leave but she was just so manipulative and so abusive that he was literally incapable of NOT cheating with her. And because she left him for broke, he of course can’t pay child support now or ever.

I regret now not letting people know sooner but as a family we had initially decided to keep our dirty laundry under wraps, which meant my brother’s deadbeat tendencies were never broadcast until when he’s had the chance to change the narrative. I could still try to spread the truth, but I’m not sure I’m ready for that kind of poo poo slinging.

I do regret my actions because it’s caused me a heap of problems. But during his speech my rage just bubbled up and I just had to say something to him. I kinda wish I didn’t and waited until after the reception to tear him a new one because at the very least I wouldn’t be the villain targeted by family right now.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

BurgerQuest posted:

Yup, it's gassed. It was a pretty useless thread, 5% profiles, 45% lovely discussion and 50% shaming people.

yeah it was pretty bad. basically just alternated between NO FAT CHICKS and NO SHORT GUYS pro-/against- goons arguing over each other everytime one came up going up in flames like a tinderbox.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Okay, I have a two-month-old and am currently on paternity leave. I’m fortunate to work at a place that’s family-oriented and where I’m a senior employee. I’m able to get a longer than typical paternity leave by working remotely from home. However, I had to go into the office to get documents that could only be accessed on my work computer. I thought I would give my wife a break and let her sleep in. So I grabbed my kid and headed to the office.

Only my boss knew I was coming in, so the office was surprised. And as people do, they gravitated towards the baby. Lots of cooing, holding, passing around, etc. This was all taking place inside my office. Then my baby started crying. I told my assistant that she can rock baby or walk around the office and they’ll go back to sleep. My assistant took her outside my office by her desk and I worked on gathering what I needed from my computer.

I stop hearing crying and look up to see my assistant on her phone, no baby in her arms. I rush out and ask where my kid is. She said asked one of the interns, let’s call her Mary, to take her because she got a call from a client.

Like most places, my office has summer interns who are college students. I’ve only met them once during the interviews months ago but I went on paternity leave before they started and haven’t worked with them like the rest of the office has. I know nothing about them personally since I’ve been out of the office.

I went over to where the intern desks are and ask where Mary was and they said she went to the bathroom. I asked if she had my baby they said she thinks so and I asked one of the female employees if she could go to the bathroom to get her. A minute later, they both come back, baby with Mary and diaper bag on her arm.

I took my kid from her arms and told her I didn’t appreciate her walking off with my kid. Mary said my assistant asked her to hold the baby and when she did, it seemed like baby needed a diaper change so she went and did that. I told her I appreciate the sentiment but didn’t like the idea of a stranger walking off with my baby.

In private, I told my boss that how I felt and that I would feel uncomfortable extending her a job offer at the end of her internship but the status of her employment now was up to my boss to decide.

When I told my wife, she said I went too far. The girl was doing a simple task and that she probably was given an “intern task”. I reiterated that the girl was a stranger and we wouldn’t let a stranger change our kid’s diaper anywhere else why work? Work doesn’t stop people from being psychos. Wife said she understood that but that I didn’t need to jeopardize the intern’s future employment and that I was throwing my weight around since I’m high in command.

AITA?

Good grief, get a grip.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

tactlessbastard posted:

It's a mild response. People who leave dog poo poo behind should be scourged and crucified.

There are biodegradable dog poop bags, neighbor with a dog is just being an rear end in a top hat.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

That intern should be loving commended

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

Smirking_Serpent posted:

the story of how Hope Hicks got her job

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Scathach posted:

Hold up--

loving pardon me

Have you never played The Sims. Those clumsy fuckers light accidental fires all the time.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

CannonFodder posted:

There are biodegradable dog poop bags, neighbor with a dog is just being an rear end in a top hat.

Yeah how did the guy listen to his neighbor say "I can't pick up poop because I don't believe in plastic" and not immediately identify the bullshit and reply "then use your hands. Stop leaving dogshit on my yard.". Instead we get a story of him digging trenches for a drawn out war of childish passive aggression between these feuding Houses.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

chitoryu12 posted:

My boyfriend (23M) is only affectionate when I (23F) ignore him.

Is this the fabled poo poo test?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

The Bramble posted:

Yeah how did the guy listen to his neighbor say "I can't pick up poop because I don't believe in plastic" and not immediately identify the bullshit and reply "then use your hands. Stop leaving dogshit on my yard.". Instead we get a story of him digging trenches for a drawn out war of childish passive aggression between these feuding Houses.
Quite the plot for GRRM's new opus, Game of Dogshit.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

sandoz posted:

the story of how Hope Hicks got her job

and that baby's name? president donald j trump

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Quite the plot for GRRM's new opus, Game of Dogshit.

I can't wait for the brown wedding.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA?

OP’s first mistake was to hand his own child off to someone else. Isn’t this why slings and whatnot were invented? So your baby can stay close to you while leaving your hands free? Like...it’s scary to lose sight of your kid but don’t hand him to an assistant.

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

i vomit kittens posted:

AITA for kicking out my daughter for getting pregnant on purpose, twice?
NTA. She even arranged accommodation for her daughter before kicking her to the curb. It’s more than I would have done.

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

HIJK posted:

OP’s first mistake was to hand his own child off to someone else. Isn’t this why slings and whatnot were invented? So your baby can stay close to you while leaving your hands free? Like...it’s scary to lose sight of your kid but don’t hand him to an assistant.
He hosed up, and then he covered his rear end by blaming everyone else. Dude’s a dick, and the reason why people show zero initiative at their work. After getting burned by assholes like him once, employees learn to say “that’s not my responsibility” when confronted with basic problems they know how to solve but technically fall outside of their duties. Getting involved only brings grief.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
American work places are so weird. Can bosses just do whatever they want there?

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Dads are actually legally required to carry babies in camo holsters, this dude would lose a corner off his Tot'n Chit if i were his camp counselor.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Zzulu posted:

More or less.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Zzulu posted:

Who's going to stop them

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
the thing about american workplace culture that europeasants don't understand is that if a worker takes $20 from the till the cops get called and he gets murdered on the way to Hepatitus Murderhole Lockup.

If a boss swipes $20 from a worker's paycheque, not only will the cops not do loving dick all, the stupidly complex legal arbitage system set up in place to contest workplace theft is intentionally understaffed, meaning appeals can take over two years and will generally be rejected wholesale, without even a day in court.

Americans lose more money to their bosses than robberies, burglaries, and muggings combined.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Literally Murder Your Boss And Landlord: Phizinald Kalicious 2020

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Why don't you get unions

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

chitoryu12 posted:

AITA for throwing out all of the food in the communal fridge?

The boss was eating the lunch.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Zzulu posted:

Why don't you get unions

tried that, didn't work, murdering the ruling class is easier.

Chairman Mao
Apr 24, 2004

The Chinese Communist Party is the core of leadership of the whole Chinese people. Without this core, the cause of socialism cannot be victorious.

Zzulu posted:

Why don't you get unions

Unions exist entirely to rob YOU the hard working American employee with their pesky dues, they'll go on strike and you won't be able to make money even if you're totally happy with your underpaid understaffed nightmare hell job. Buy an xbox instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for kicking my brother out of my wedding after he made a speech promoting his new book?

This happened last month. I’m over it but my family is still hounding me for being a “dick” to my brother. My husband thinks I did the right thing but I’m sick and tired of getting harassed with “you need to apologize” messages from relatives. Wondering if I should just to get it over with.

Anyways, some background: I have 4 siblings. My oldest brother is somewhat of a train wreck. When he was 26 he married a 17 year old girl, knocked her up, then subsequently got married and had 2 more kids. 6 years later he started an affair with a coworker and left his wife and 3 kids hanging. He’s skipped out on child support for over 10 years now. Long story short, the other woman ended up scamming him out of thousands, essentially bankrupting him and forcing him to move back in with my parents.

My brother now identifies as an “abuse victim” because of this woman’s scams. He has come to all of us telling us that he’s a victim, a “survivor of abuse” and that we need to empathize with his trauma. His kids, btw, still haven’t seen a cent from him. His ex wife pretends he doesn’t exist and he pretends his kids don’t exist.

Well, during my wedding reception my brother took the mic and made a big show of making an impromptu speech for me and my husband. It started off well, with him congratulating us, telling us how love like ours is so rare, then quickly segued into him talking about “abusive relationships” and “narcissistic partners” and how he’s overcome so much himself so he knows true love when he sees it. He then twisted the entire story to make himself sound like the biggest victim in the world. Then, when everyone was teary-eyed and ready to clap, he had the gall to pitch his new book that he’s trying to self-publish about his journey from abuse.

Most distant relatives who have no idea what he actually did were overcome with emotion, telling him he’s a hero and all that. I was fed up and pulled him aside afterwards and told him this was the last straw for me, that I didn’t condone him using my wedding as a platform to peddle his BS. I told him he could either apologize to me on the spot or he can leave. He left.

Well, afterwards he’s told our entire family that I treated him like poo poo and made him question his worth. My close family thinks he crossed a line but still want me to apologize to him because he’s “fragile and trying to do better.” My distant relatives now think I’m a monster for tossing a “brave soul” like him out on the street right after a rousing speech. They think I got jealous of him and tossed him out because I was being a bridezilla.

AITA for what I did? Should I just apologize and get people off my back? Or should I just keep ignoring them?

I’m having second thoughts even though I’d been so sure I did the right thing at first. Looking for feedback, thanks!

Edit: For everyone asking why I don’t tell people about his kids. Well prepare to pop another blood vessel but he’s made up his own version of that story as well.

He tells people that his ex girlfriend (the other woman) manipulated him into abandoning his wife and kids. That he never wanted to leave but she was just so manipulative and so abusive that he was literally incapable of NOT cheating with her. And because she left him for broke, he of course can’t pay child support now or ever.

I regret now not letting people know sooner but as a family we had initially decided to keep our dirty laundry under wraps, which meant my brother’s deadbeat tendencies were never broadcast until when he’s had the chance to change the narrative. I could still try to spread the truth, but I’m not sure I’m ready for that kind of poo poo slinging.

I do regret my actions because it’s caused me a heap of problems. But during his speech my rage just bubbled up and I just had to say something to him. I kinda wish I didn’t and waited until after the reception to tear him a new one because at the very least I wouldn’t be the villain targeted by family right now.

haha this dude got taken down in family court for being a cheating shithead and now he spends his life crying about how, as a deadbeat dad, he's an victim of abuse.

OP should've severed with her brother years ago because he's a loving dumbass.