Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

E: wrong thread

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jul 16, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

TheBananaKing posted:

The biggest problem I've had with the card text in Night of the Full Moon is that I cannot loving see any of the cards the enemies play for more than .00025 seconds, and I just cannot read that fast. Is there a history or something that I can look through on my turn to see what happened to me? It's really loving annoying when you die and have no clue why or what happened besides a lot of cards flashed on screen.

Every played card is in a line across the top of the screen, just hold your finger over it.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Teppen Talk

So my new Favourite gimmick deck is Chun Li - Yawn Revenge. The main problem being the MP limit of 5 for multi coloured deck just seems to be absolutely crippling.

Also I need to come up with some more gimmick decks now that I've realised I can level up heroes in Free Play.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Applied to join the afk arena guild as loosf
Pretty fun game!

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

Aramoro posted:

Teppen Talk

So my new Favourite gimmick deck is Chun Li - Yawn Revenge. The main problem being the MP limit of 5 for multi coloured deck just seems to be absolutely crippling.

Also I need to come up with some more gimmick decks now that I've realised I can level up heroes in Free Play.

i'm playing Devil Trigger Dante in FP after tiltstreaking down to 1666 rating, it's funny because it's so all-in

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Phyresis posted:

i'm playing Devil Trigger Dante in FP after tiltstreaking down to 1666 rating, it's funny because it's so all-in

I've hand locked against a couple of Dante's you just kinda sit there till time runs out thinking what could have been.

How do you see your FP ranking? I've just been loving around in there.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
https://twitter.com/HDKirin/status/1151116950539345921

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

from what we saw, the localization was awful. thank god they're patching it up

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Aramoro posted:

Teppen Talk

G/B nerg is considered the best deck at the moment.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I don't want to be "that guy", but unlike some games that get talked about, Teppen is likely going to get deep enough to warrant its own thread.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I'm not sure if Friends is actually useful in Teppen but if it is my code is GELLE47768

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Night of the Full Moon question - Are there bonuses other than the one level of pocket watch? I assumed when I filled that out there would be a new "tree" of skills or something but I got the last one, my Stars just show "Max". I figured it would take me longer to fill out. I don't really *need* anything I guess. Went ahead and bought the Ultimate Edition or whatever for $6 to open all the classes and don't regret my purchase. Absolutely dominated with the Ranger. Reminds me of The Silent from Slay the Spire, just death by a thousand cuts every turn.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I just found out in Teppen that you can stack shields :getin:

Wilsonn12k
May 2, 2013
Send a request to the AFK Arena guild as nn12000.

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
If anyone enjoys Archero (and dying over and over because the game is bastard hard) as much as me, I found a lil glitch.

If you move slightly after firing you can animation cancel a shitload of the recovery between shots and bump your effective attack speed way the gently caress up.

This is most effective with the low attackspeed scythe I guess? Try it out.

Still can't beat Stage 5 lol

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

I'm going to drop my dumb AFK Arena guild soon and apply to Greater Goon. You still keep your current guild tokens when you leave your guild right? I've got enough tokens for another piece of gear, but I don't need either of the pieces that were on sale at reset.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

CoD mobile is out in Canada and Australia now

I played two multiplayer matches and honestly it's not bad. Aiming is obviously hard but you just aim and magdump and it's pretty fun

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
I don't do much phone gaming but I have a long bus commute and I have finally purchased a decent phone (Galaxy S9+) so I was wondering what I should look into. I prefer turn-based strategy or tactical games, maybe tower defense games too. I see that Final Fantasy Tactics is on the google store now, is there anything else like this, or perhaps like the advance wars games on Gameboy?

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Bandire posted:

I'm going to drop my dumb AFK Arena guild soon and apply to Greater Goon. You still keep your current guild tokens when you leave your guild right? I've got enough tokens for another piece of gear, but I don't need either of the pieces that were on sale at reset.

:( I don't know. I just made an excel spreadsheet for AFK Arena... I am a sad goon

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?

A Bakers Cousin posted:

I don't do much phone gaming but I have a long bus commute and I have finally purchased a decent phone (Galaxy S9+) so I was wondering what I should look into. I prefer turn-based strategy or tactical games, maybe tower defense games too. I see that Final Fantasy Tactics is on the google store now, is there anything else like this, or perhaps like the advance wars games on Gameboy?

I've been playing a lot of Influence. It's a super simple strategy territory control game but fun.

Trampus
Sep 28, 2001

It's too damn hot for a penguin to be just walkin' around here.
AFK Arena chat, I applied as Trampus.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
after time switch today i';; drop my afk guild and join the goons too

Anfauglir
Jun 8, 2007

Bandire posted:

I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere that you keep your tokens, but hell if I remember where that was.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Anfauglir posted:

I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere that you keep your tokens, but hell if I remember where that was.

I haven't left a guild before, but it would be really weird if you didn't keep your tokens. They aren't related to the guild at all, guilds just let you challenge guild bosses and you contribute points to the guild leveling/opening the second guild boss by doing daily quests.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NjHJogHWH8

This just came out a few days ago and the concept seems pretty fun, but it's very laggy on my poo poo phone. When it isn't a lagfest though, it's great.

It's basically a pet class only, Diablo style game, but your build/abilities are based upon what cards you have slotted. The graphics are amazing, I love that it's portrait style, the UI is minimal, and the gameplay seems solid.

If anyone else is playing, I'd love to hear what people think of it that have better phones.

Sidenote: anyone have T-Mobile that could recommend a decent phone for gaming they provide that isn't going to run me $700+ dollars? I know most of the Samsung phones will run just about anything, but I was just wondering if anyone knew of some lesser known phones they offer that are decent to game on.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

M. Night Skymall posted:

I haven't left a guild before, but it would be really weird if you didn't keep your tokens. They aren't related to the guild at all, guilds just let you challenge guild bosses and you contribute points to the guild leveling/opening the second guild boss by doing daily quests.

Well, at the very least, you can't spend guild tokens if your not in a guild. You also have to wait an hour after leaving before applying to another guild. Anyway, I just applied to Greater Goon. Player name is Bandire.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Sidenote: anyone have T-Mobile that could recommend a decent phone for gaming they provide that isn't going to run me $700+ dollars? I know most of the Samsung phones will run just about anything, but I was just wondering if anyone knew of some lesser known phones they offer that are decent to game on.

I'm on T-Mobile and using a Pixel 3a and it's been a really great phone for like $400. I'm currently playing Dragalia Lost and AFK Heroes without any problems and I've fired up Dota Underlords a few times and have no problems there either.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Gearman posted:

I'm on T-Mobile and using a Pixel 3a and it's been a really great phone for like $400. I'm currently playing Dragalia Lost and AFK Heroes without any problems and I've fired up Dota Underlords a few times and have no problems there either.

Seconding this, my wife and I just got Pixel 3a XL's and love them.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

This just came out a few days ago and the concept seems pretty fun, but it's very laggy on my poo poo phone. When it isn't a lagfest though, it's great.

It's basically a pet class only, Diablo style game, but your build/abilities are based upon what cards you have slotted. The graphics are amazing, I love that it's portrait style, the UI is minimal, and the gameplay seems solid.

If anyone else is playing, I'd love to hear what people think of it that have better phones.

The graphics are great but the gameplay seems pretty thin. Your character basically just plinks away while your summons do the work.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

I am on a moto g7 plus and its handled everything I have thrown at it (mainly afk arena, adventure communist and buriedbornes)

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

I have a REVVL plus and I feel like it's just crapping out. I've had it for a few years now and I think it's time for an upgrade.

I always had to have the best, fastest phone on the market up until the S7 Edge. Got that guy for my birthday on the day of release, then woke up to a cracked glass screen. :(

Nobody couldn't fix the screen at the time because of the waterproofing, and insurance would cost over $300. Since then I've just been using whatever generic phone I could get on a plan.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
Applied to afk goon guild

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
Recently upgraded to a Samsung A50 and have found it to own. Good battery too.

Cheap as hell also, mine was free on contract.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Do you like superheroes? Marvel Strike Force is a surprisingly competent turn based superhero tactics game. Just don't spend any money (or expect to spend ALL the money) because their pricing scheme is incredibly out of whack

e: if its not obvious MSF is a f2p game

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Jul 19, 2019

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Weirdly enough, The Walking Dead No Mans Land game was a pretty decent tactical game when I played it. There's a constant pressure with zombie reinforcements so you really do have to make decisions like whether to loot or run or fight etc. I uninstalled it because the constant need to babysit the camp wasn't for me. But the actual gameplay was decent.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

I'm in the UK, but the best advice I can offer is to find a previous flagship phone that's been replaced by the newer model, and an even newer one is on the way.

For example, OnePlus phones are pretty great, the 7 & 7T are currently out and they're talking about the 8, so if you can find anywhere still doing the 6 or 6T, they should be pretty cheap.

My 6 has been able to confidently handle most newer games, and the fast charger is really good. My wife talked me into upgrading because she wanted to play Blades, so she got the 6T and I got the 6 because it's only slightly less powerful and still has a headphone jack.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Bandire posted:

I'm going to drop my dumb AFK Arena guild soon and apply to Greater Goon. You still keep your current guild tokens when you leave your guild right?

You probably figured it out already, but I can confirm that you definitely keep your tokens when you switch guilds.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Edit: nevermind I remember why I uninstalled after playing for a bit.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jul 19, 2019

Gin
Aug 29, 2004
and Tonic
I've got nothing to add on the Teppen gimmick deck talk but I'm enjoying the game quite a bit so far. I think the initial ~160 cards I opened within the first few hours seemed generous. I'll have to look at some builds, I don't have much experience building decks in any CCG.

I can't figure out the EX spots, what is that for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
The only game I'm still playing every day from this thread years in a row is: Eternal card game

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3795252&pagenumber=395&perpage=40

Quaint Quail Quilt fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jul 20, 2019