Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

I am really looking forwards to Gundam Battle Operations 2 western release

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

RillAkBea posted:

AGE isn't in the game though luckily. Gosh Bandai really wants to forget that series.

It's truly a mark of how AGE is regarded that we still haven't had the entirety of AGE make it into a G Gen or SRW game.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Holy poo poo, there's a playable Zogok in that game.

Wonder how they do the heat boomerangs?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Gripweed posted:

https://gbo2online.com/

Bandai Namco is doing a poll for Gundam Battle Operation 2, and the top ten most requested suits will be available as soon as you start playing without having to be unlocked

I can't stress enough how important it is that you all vote for the Xamel

The only thing on the list from Igloo is the Zudah, and I am morally obligated to vote for the flying time bomb.

fake edit: unless it doesn't have engine overheat mechanics that kill you when the timer runs out.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

When the fuckin' Hygogg is an option? I think not.

You can vote for as many as you want.

Unfortunately without brigading this is loving meaningless because people are just going to vote for garbage like the RX-78 or the Psycho Zaku instead of the RGM-79D Cold Districts GM or the Mass-Production Guncannon.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
The Hy-Gogg is a handsome lad and deserves your vote

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Yes, there's lots of good suits on that poll. But there are two reasons you need to vote for the Xamel

1) There's nothing else like it. It's a super long range artillery Suit. Yes, the GM command type is fantastic, but clearly the basic GM will already be unlocked from the start. Same with the basic Zaku. That's why they aren't in the poll. So voting for a GM or a Zaku variant is a waste. Go with the cool unique thing for gameplay variety!

2) We need to take every opportunity we have to let Bandai know that we like the Xamel, so maybe they'll do a Xamel kit at some point.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

drrockso20 posted:

Well according to various side materials they did make more than one of those things(including a version that gave it Braw Bro style all ranged capabilities), and The Origin had it be Zeon's MP Mobile Armor instead of the Bigro(which took it's place as the in setting joke of a prototype, except it doesn't even get to fight), which is probably the weirdest change The Origin does

the chad Gihren's Greed Zeon did it first

e: i just noticed the rambal ral zakrello has a heat rod lmao

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jul 18, 2019

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Darth Walrus posted:

Holy poo poo, there's a playable Zogok in that game.

Wonder how they do the heat boomerangs?

They're it's primary ranged weapon, they don't do a lot of damage but they can stumble enemies if enough hit, you can't move while firing it though

Zogok also has it's fists, a heat sword, and a panzerfaust

Warmachine posted:

The only thing on the list from Igloo is the Zudah, and I am morally obligated to vote for the flying time bomb.

fake edit: unless it doesn't have engine overheat mechanics that kill you when the timer runs out.

Hildolfer, GM Camouf, and Assault Guntank got added in the Japanese version already, and the Oggo appears on certain maps too

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Not going to lie, while Zeon are reprehensible space fascists, I'm very interested in drifting a stupid overengineered supertank around.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

To our brother/sister who finished Victory kudos to you. The best parts of that series are the insane deaths that get thrust upon just about anyone and everyone.

I would be more into that SD Gundam game if it were not SD Gundam I guess.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Warmachine posted:

Not going to lie, while Zeon are reprehensible space fascists, I'm very interested in drifting a stupid overengineered supertank around.

I feel like whoever was making IGLOO really wanted to make an anime about nazi tank divisions instead of robots

The Notorious ZSB posted:

To our brother/sister who finished Victory kudos to you. The best parts of that series are the insane deaths that get thrust upon just about anyone and everyone.

I would be more into that SD Gundam game if it were not SD Gundam I guess.

i'd be more into it if it had anything interesting whatsoever besides having more of Astray voiced, and that alone does not justify the price tag

also yes at some point the constant tragedy in victory goes from depressing to hilarious

E: i think it's either when uso's mom gets decapitated for no reason or that motorcycle guy's vision quest

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jul 19, 2019

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Warmachine posted:

Then boy howdy Gundam Extreme Vs. is the game for you! Because the Hildolfr was so OP it got extreme nerfs in the next version of the game.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

i got pretty depressed going into a cigarette-stenched basement with maxiboost machines and picking a 3000 cost unit then getting turfed out in 30 seconds by a hidolfr player who knows what they're doing

fastest 100 yen i ever spent

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Merilan posted:

i got pretty depressed going into a cigarette-stenched basement with maxiboost machines and picking a 3000 cost unit then getting turfed out in 30 seconds by a hidolfr player who knows what they're doing

This is my experience with any fighting games anymore.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Yinlock posted:

I feel like whoever was making IGLOO really wanted to make an anime about nazi tank divisions instead of robots

i'd be more into it if it had anything interesting whatsoever besides having more of Astray voiced, and that alone does not justify the price tag

also yes at some point the constant tragedy in victory goes from depressing to hilarious

E: i think it's either when uso's mom gets decapitated for no reason or that motorcycle guy's vision quest

As the one who most recently finished it, Uso's mom's death was too ott hilarious for me to take seriously. When hands over the helmet with her head in it to Marbet with a "oh hey, here's my mom" is what tipped it over for me.

Duqur Ik is the motorcycle dude and I definitely had a good chuckle at him giving his girfriend a necklace and being all "yeah, my mom didn't want me to be a biker so she got me this when I graduated from officer school". If only his mom just let him be a space Hell's Angel.

I did definitely expect Marbet to die, especially after the weird motherhood kick the show gets on in the second half, and I'm glad she didn't die. I would have probably flipped to be honest.

Motorcycle vision quest guy was also the one who was all "lets turn our spaceships in to motorcycles, also tires need to be on everything" guy.

Tulalip Tulips fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Jul 19, 2019

Caros
May 14, 2008

Kanos posted:

It's truly a mark of how AGE is regarded that we still haven't had the entirety of AGE make it into a G Gen or SRW game.

Eh. Build fighters was immensely popular and it hasn't seen even a mention in any game to my knowledge.

Yeah, the setting makes it a bitch, but like two paragraphs of dialogue fixes most of it.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Caros posted:

Eh. Build fighters was immensely popular and it hasn't seen even a mention in any game to my knowledge.

Yeah, the setting makes it a bitch, but like two paragraphs of dialogue fixes most of it.

Build Fighters is a couple years newer so there have been less games made since it has existed - the last time they made a G Gen that had AUs in it Build Fighters wasn't even made yet.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Merilan posted:

Unfortunately those cigarette-stenched basements are dying out. I went back to my second hometown a couple of years back and found they had turned my favorite stinky basement arcade into a trendy bookstore that didn't smell of anything :smith:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Tulalip Tulips posted:

As the one who most recently finished it, Uso's mom's death was too ott hilarious for me to take seriously. When hands over the helmet with her head in it to Marbet with a "oh hey, here's my mom" is what tipped it over for me.

Duqur Ik is the motorcycle dude and I definitely had a good chuckle at him giving his girfriend a necklace and being all "yeah, my mom didn't want me to be a biker so she got me this when I graduated from officer school". If only his mom just let him be a space Hell's Angel.

I did definitely expect Marbet to die, especially after the weird motherhood kick the show gets on in the second half, and I'm glad she didn't die. I would have probably flipped to be honest.

Motorcycle vision quest guy was also the one who was all "lets turn our spaceships in to motorcycles, also tires need to be on everything" guy.

Duker Iq is the best character in Victory.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Igloo does get uncomfortable to watch when you realize it's a bunch of shorts about space Nazis having heroic last stands in doomed wonderwaffen against the technologically inferior but more numerous faceless space Allies

Caros
May 14, 2008

Kanos posted:

Build Fighters is a couple years newer so there have been less games made since it has existed - the last time they made a G Gen that had AUs in it Build Fighters wasn't even made yet.

That is a good point actually. I was thinking more SRW, but you're totes right on G Gen. My bad.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Caros posted:

Not that popular, if polling data's anything to go by. It's ranked somewhere between Gundam X and Victory on the big NHK poll they did last year. Better than AGE, and more characters on the top 100, but not close to IBO or 00's level.

It is still odd it didn't show in SRW when both AGE and G-Reco have showed, but it's not exactly shocking.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Build Fighters showed up in SRW X-Omega, one of the iPhone games.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Raxivace posted:

Build Fighters showed up in SRW X-Omega, one of the iPhone games.

X-Omega's basically had everything, though.

They put in Space Battleship Tiramisu and Little Witch Academia, for reference.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

chiasaur11 posted:

Did they give Akko the Shiny Gundam?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

It does have basically everything, but it's still a proper SRW game in the eyes of Bandai and co.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Jul 19, 2019

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

chiasaur11 posted:

Side-note, but is Space Battleship Tiramisu any good?

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Hmm, I just tried watching it and it's dumb in a good way, but I don't think it's quite as funny as it needs to be as a straight up 5-min gag anime.

Edit: I would have preferred it if they stuck to space/giant robot tropes but most of it is just plain gag stuff like the main character being worried about the distance between his nipples.

RillAkBea fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Jul 19, 2019

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
The thing I like about Duker is that all of his ridiculous motorcycle designs are extremely powerful and effective. The weird bike dude is genuinely one of Zanscare's biggest military assets.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Neddy Seagoon posted:

it's alright. Every now and then it would have a really good joke, but mostly it's just fine

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Tulalip Tulips posted:

i have no idea how he got the funding for that, but follow your dreams kids

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Yinlock posted:

i have no idea how he got the funding for that, but follow your dreams kids

The available evidence suggests that he got the funding by being an incredibly good engineer who can turn just about any concept into a lethal, nigh-unstoppable weapon.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Darth Walrus posted:

The available evidence suggests that he got the funding by being an incredibly good engineer who can turn just about any concept into a lethal, nigh-unstoppable weapon.

"anything can become a lethal weapon if toy execs demand it" - engineer of the century duqur ik

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I wanna Dukker Iq team up with Khamen Khamen in a SRW.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I want to say he was in a SRW with Megazone 23 and got a transformable motor cycle.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Ethiser posted:

I want to say he was in a SRW with Megazone 23 and got a transformable motor cycle.

Yep, he shows up with a bunch of Military Garlands in Super Robot Wars D, which is a mercy because Military Garlands are way easier to deal with than regular Zanscare mechs.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Yinlock posted:

The constant misery is a feature not a bug, and yeah for me it was when Uso's mom gets her head popped by the motorcycle gang at which point i could not contain my laughter because it's just too much. She's back after being a mystery for most of the series, oh wait nope, that's not a thing anymore.

The zanscare boy love rapist who tries to voilate Uso. The bikini suicide squad. Victory continues a slow ramp to insanity so that when you reach the end all you can do is kinda throw your hands up and shrug.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
The bikini suicide squad recruited and forced into it by Katejina no less. Katejina in general was OTT. It was like Tomino decided that Reccoa's turn to being a Titan needed to be recreated but made it make no sense. Plus Katejina being absolutely insane.

Tulalip Tulips fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jul 20, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Tulalip Tulips posted:

The bikini suicide squad recruited and forced into it by Katejina no less. Katejina in general was OTT. It was like Tomino decided that Reccoa's turn to being a Titan needed to be recreated but made it make no sense. Plus Katejina being absolutely insane.

depressed tomino has Issues with women

(happy tomino also has issues, but they're more goofy than depressingly misogynistic)

at least katejina takes it all the way to loving crazytown