Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Achmed Jones posted:

There’s a fight in Smash where there’s dr Mario, a bunch of Snakes that spam explosives, only explosive items spawn, and the stage is full of explosion hazards. It is aggressively unfun. My question is, why? Is there someone that enjoys that sort of thing? Or maybe a spirit that makes it a test of skill rather than an rng fest?

There’s probably a damage reduction/immunity spirit, I know there’s one for things like fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Basically just pay for the tax, price was $15 at checkout.

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

Achmed Jones posted:

There’s a fight in Smash where there’s dr Mario, a bunch of Snakes that spam explosives, only explosive items spawn, and the stage is full of explosion hazards. It is aggressively unfun. My question is, why? Is there someone that enjoys that sort of thing? Or maybe a spirit that makes it a test of skill rather than an rng fest?

I don't remember but I think the franklin badge reflects those? That's definitely one of the ones where you need the right spirit.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

ExcessBLarg! posted:

FYI, if you have a modded PSP (and why not?) there's a patch to fix the slowdown. Works with either a dumped ISO/CSO or the PSN version.

Uh oh. I never bothered to mod my PSP. I've got the 2000 for what it's worth. Maybe I should now.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Cool, thanks folks! I’ll keep my eye out for a good spirit and just let that fight sit for now

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

American McGay posted:

https://twitter.com/reanimatoin/status/1151494413127999489

Can't wait for the patch to drop and all these issues to still exist. :laugh:

The best selling version

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug

Achmed Jones posted:

I don't remember that specific fight, but I'd try holding Ness's Down B. It might be able to able to absorb most of that. Psi Magnet is great for several tough fights.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Not a Children posted:

Don’t preorder games

You say in the thread full of people buying vouchers

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Betting that a game you haven't seen will be good is risky. Betting that there will be at least two good games on the Nintendo's Switch at some point in the next year is not.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

RandomFerret posted:

Betting that a game you haven't seen will be good is risky. Betting that there will be at least two good games on the Nintendo's Switch at some point in the next year is not.

But it's the same as preordering only instead of being locked into one game you're locked into a list of games at a slight discount

(I was going to buy vouchers but not being able to use my Target gift card on eShop credit shot that in the foot)

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

RandomFerret posted:

There are also at least two good games I don't have on the eligibility list that I would be willing to pay $45 for (Costco discount). I'm considering getting a second set of vouchers since I've used one of the vouchers on Dragon Quest Builders 2, and I would still have no problem using three vouchers on other games on that list.

Also Animal Crossing is pretty much guaranteed to be eligible and I know I'm getting that even if they phoned it in completely and just ported the crappy phone game. It's the one game series my wife absolutely wants to get no matter what.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

How does the Costco deal work? Do you have to actually have a membership for there to get it? I keep seeing it posted like it's a thing everyone can get but I've assumed you need to have a store near you to make it happen

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Just need a membership. Can buy a digital Nintendo eshop card through their online store, and it’s 10% off whatever value you get.

I’m assuming this is not worth getting a membership for if you don’t have a nearby store, though.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

HPanda posted:

Just need a membership. Can buy a digital Nintendo eshop card through their online store, and it’s 10% off whatever value you get.

I’m assuming this is not worth getting a membership for if you don’t have a nearby store, though.

Yeah the nearest Costco is over an hour from me so not worth it at all

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Waffle! posted:

I wish there were more options for sharing clips besides Facebook / Twitter.

You could do some magic with IFTTT to have it check a Twitter for a new post with a hashtag, download the video, and then essentially do whatever you want it to from there.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

American McGay posted:

https://twitter.com/reanimatoin/status/1151494413127999489

Can't wait for the patch to drop and all these issues to still exist. :laugh:

Love to have a bunch of toys blocking the view

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

GoodBee posted:

Uh oh. I never bothered to mod my PSP. I've got the 2000 for what it's worth. Maybe I should now.

It also works with a modded Vita!

which is something everyone has

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

RE4 is harder than I remember. Maybe it's because I last played it on the Wi, which had super aiming.

My brain is still programmed to aim with the left stick. Can't do it with the right one.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Len posted:

But it's the same as preordering only instead of being locked into one game you're locked into a list of games at a slight discount

(I was going to buy vouchers but not being able to use my Target gift card on eShop credit shot that in the foot)
That's.... not the same.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Ragequit posted:

Love to have a bunch of toys blocking the view

view of recorded gameplay from a console that can record gameplay

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

American McGay posted:

That's.... not the same.

Preordering is giving someone money now for a game that isn't out yet

Buying vouchers is giving Nintendo money now for a game that isn't out yet*

* two of the three games i'm interested in that are voucher friendly are out right now

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I wanna get the vouchers, but I also try to collect the bigger Nintendo or really big third party games physically. Dunno how to explain it.

In any case, I am struggling to think of what I would get aside from DQB2. If I cared for superhero games like that, I’d get MUA3, but, yknow, I don’t.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Bleck posted:

view of recorded gameplay from a console that can record gameplay
Not every game supports video clips and they're only 30 seconds long.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Pre-ordering isn't really a good idea but there are plenty of games I'm 100% I will get at launch day anyway so might as well do it if you can get it cheaper (like with a voucher).

Like Fire emblem, there is no chance I'm not going to get it immediately.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

only alpha gamers have the confidence and clarity of vision to preorder games. no surprise this thread is full of follow-behinders

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

If anything, preordering Nintendo games on a Nintendo console is the safest thing you can do if you have to preorder.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

LODGE NORTH posted:

If anything, preordering Nintendo games on a Nintendo console is the safest thing you can do if you have to preorder.

They do release plenty of mediocre stuff as well but it's usually really obvious

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I got Sushi Strikers for $5 and I suspect I still might have overpaid for it

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

MechaSeinfeld posted:

RE4 is harder than I remember. Maybe it's because I last played it on the Wi, which had super aiming.

My brain is still programmed to aim with the left stick. Can't do it with the right one.

You can change it to the proper classic controls in the settings. You can even hit A to shoot

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
No other game company’s business plan is as reliant on selling first party games as Nintendo so ya there’s a certain assumed quality when their software has to justify their hardware

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

LODGE NORTH posted:

There aren't many people who own a Switch, own everything they want of the current catalogue, and have no interest in anything Nintendo is releasing in the next year. Telling Nintendo "Yes, I will buy two games from you in the course of a year" really is a pretty sure thing. Might as well get my 25% off bonus.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

hatty posted:

You can change it to the proper classic controls in the settings. You can even hit A to shoot

Oh yeah I totally changed it over. I've accidentally shot into the air a lot finding out that A and Y shoot.

Bloodstained looks really good. I hope the switch version gets fixed soon.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

MechaSeinfeld posted:

If I remember right, one of the control schemes is thr standard one, but with the aiming stick swapped

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Andrast posted:

They do release plenty of mediocre stuff as well but it's usually really obvious

The ones that are outright-trash can probably be counted on one hand, and when they pop up Nintendo tends to bury the game in a deep hole themselves almost immediately.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Idk what my average Nintendo games per year stat is but I'm confident it's well above 2/year for decades at this point. I'll take the easy savings.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I think I am going to get the vouchers and then get DQB2 and Octopath Traveler.

I think. We will see.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

LODGE NORTH posted:

I think I am going to get the vouchers and then get DQB2 and Octopath Traveler.

I think. We will see.

Even if Octopath Traveler was selling for full price still its absolutely not worth it

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Barudak posted:

Even if Octopath Traveler was selling for full price still its absolutely not worth it

Back to the drawing board.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Octopath traveller is one of the most boring games i can recall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I'm gonna get the demo and see if I like it. There's a guy on YouTube that I follow who has similar tastes to me and he adored it.