Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Sarsapariller posted:

It's completely organic gameplay where 6 or 7 people just happened to get together with their brand new 140 dollar missile truck that was released like 30 minutes before the video was posted.

They are completely organically guarding one of the many ground-based targets that definitely exist in the game from a totally random player who just happened to fly up and want to attack it, which happens all the time even though there are 50 players max spread out over about 6 planets worth of surface area. This all just works because Star Citizen is a real game and stuff like this definitely happens all the time. The fact that you can't actually transport the truck so they must be within a few minutes of some spawn pads should not make you suspicious. Also please do not take note of the fact that there's no actual mechanical reason anyone would ever need to fight one of these trucks or shoot down a ship with one of these trucks. Do not question. Just consume product and get excited for next product.

Also if you point out that literally landing any ship with missiles on the ground and then using those same missiles to target and fire at enemy ships would be exactly as effective as this 140 actual dollar dedicated AA vehicle, plus you could fly around if you felt like it- well, you are a FUDster and you need to get the gently caress out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

rePool posted:

This Alex guy gives me a tojal vibe with his aggressive gently caress the world tone.

Alex posts on these forums under the same name. Check any other MMO thread and they will be in it. SA slightly frowns on Helldumping now, and if Alex wanted to be involved in this conversation with us they would post here. They clearly don't want to, so as a thread we should probably take the high ground and leave them out of our posts.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Chocobo posted:

These dumb motherfuckers are trying to mimic Planetside gameplay now? You're going to have people sitting in a loving missile buggy on the ground in your space sim?

You don't get it. As a top industrialist and all-round very important person, you'll buy some of these beauties to defend the mining and capital ship construction operation that you are personally constructed on a valuable land claim. When the NPC security guards detect hostiles, you'll get a notification on your mobiglass and have the opportunity to agent smith into the security guard to defend your... bwahahaha.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

the aa missile vehicle exists to support the aa missile tank and aa missile buggy in their gameplay which doesn't exist yet.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

peter gabriel posted:

The defenders on reddit are now the last left, the pure, undiluted knuckle heads.
I like them because they do all the hard work of making their cult look insane all by themselves with no prompting.
I also like to remind myself that development started in 2011, the game is half a decade late, doesn't work, has no gameplay and cost over a quarter of a billion dollars.
This is my recap on the amazing project CI have given us, like comedy mana from heaven, every aspect of it is so ridiculously idiotic you just have to giggle, from the joyless baboons like Twerk and Boredgamer making hour long videos no one cares about, to the insane ramblings of joe loving blober, always on duty to defend the honour of a corporation that gives not a solitary poo poo about him, it's just brilliant from any angle you care to look at it from.
Massive overscaled tanks that are so comically huge they are useless, trains that float above the tracks no clipping through all in their path, travel times measured in dozens of minutes in a game with less than 2 star systems, Sandi going psycho and strangling people, Chirs stood on a yacht in the biggest 'gently caress you got mine' pose there is, Ben stalking newsreaders, their engine creator suing them, them selling huge chunks of the business right from under backers noses, stock images stolen with abandon, it's just all loving brilliant.
The backdrop of a gaggle of grade A twats defending it all the way just makes it funnier and funnier.
It's a dead project, I loving still love u str ctzn

This.
Also :argh:

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

CIG has begun ripping off games that haven't even released yet.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Don't worry Citizen, your 700 dollar super ship is still 100% safe from those scrubs in their dedicated anti-ship missile platforms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SA7YUtm1wH4

Wouldn't want anything bad to happen to our whales!

Also: I really like how you can see exactly how loving jank the missile firing is here. They don't launch and hit their targets. They teleport into the air, fly in the vicinity of their target, and then blow up. It's just totally desynced.

Sarsapariller fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Jul 20, 2019

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Regrettable posted:

Would just be easier to say what isn't broken.

Yeah, let me spell that out for you:

MedicineHut fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Jul 20, 2019

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Sarsapariller posted:

Don't worry Citizen, your 700 dollar super ship is still 100% safe from those scrubs in their dedicated anti-ship missile platforms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SA7YUtm1wH4

Wouldn't want anything bad to happen to our whales!

Also: I really like how you can see exactly how loving jank the missile firing is here. They don't launch and hit their targets. They teleport into the air, fly in the vicinity of their target, and then blow up. It's just totally desynced.

I'm the missiles instantly teleporting 10 meters away from their launchers and then no-clipping around with janky 90 degree movements.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

The amount of shilling ready to loving rock on this stupid 140 dollar truck is unreal. Zilla's already got a 6 minute hype vid about the thing. Did this not just come out this evening? The rumors didn't even hit the sub until after I got home, when did all these chucklefucks find time to make these videos if they didn't have advanced access?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmOC2gVfh7U

Also I really like that throughout the video it is super obvious that the only targets it can hit are both extremely close and extremely slow. Top notch missile defense! This thing costs as much as the Freelancer MIS which is a dedicated missile-spamming ship that can actually fly and has regular guns too.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Also CIG forgot to include a mechanic to allow you to reload the thing once you've fired the 8 missiles.

:lol:

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
It's pre-alpha, -1 tier.
Manage your expectations please.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Wait, is there even a way to transport the SAM to other planets?

With hoverbikes you could load them in your ship, but this thing?

Who would want a slow rear end tank SAM in a space game? Don't these people understand the scale of planets and how long it would take to drive anywhere?

Nope. They do not.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Zaphod42 posted:

No there is not.

An inquiring citizen wants some answers

Citizen posted:

So I'm looking at all the hype posts and excitement about this thing and I just want to make sure I have this correct.

It costs 140 dollars
It can't fly
It can't even be transported on any of the ships currently in the game
The missiles only lock on under 2km
It uses the awful Star Citizen missile mechanics for lock on and tracking which means it basically isn't going to hit anything that's actively flying- all the videos show it taking a pack of 3 of these to blow away pretty much stationary targets
It has all the other problems that missiles have had for literal years and that still aren't fixed like inability to select which missile size you're firing and the severe animation desyncs
You can't even reload the goddamn thing once you've fired all your missiles off
On top of all that, it's absolutely zero threat to any ship with Size 3 shields.
It's a ground vehicle which means, if the price structure of the other ground vehicles holds up, that you can probably earn one in-game for like 1/10th the credit cost of a similarly-priced ship.
So, given all of that- why would you ever pay real money for one of these?

I'm sorry if this question nettles some people. Star Citizen is absolutely a great game, except for all the parts that are greedy cash-grabbing nonsense like broken vehicles that cost 3 times the price of a brand new AAA game. Please let me know how wrong I am so I can get back to consuming product and getting excited for next product.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Zaphod42 posted:

There will be.

There's zero cost in promising that, and no way will CI miss an opportunity to push another jpeg to the idiot mass.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
:lol: removed. It didn't make it for 20 minutes.

Not a cult?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Quavers posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/cfg3ud/star_citizen_alpha_360_live2247930_patch_notes/

3.6 is live :woop:

Known Issues
Players may get stuck on the initial loading screen. W/A: Alt+F4 and restart or attempt to suicide your character (on load screen) to force a respawn.
Missiles on the Anvil Ballista may occasionally be unable to lock and/or fire. W/A: Reclaim or respawn and try again.
Mission givers can sometimes be in the incorrect position and may not interact normally.
The HUD vanishes when the quantum drive is enabled.
Dropping the hacking chip on planetary surfaces can cause it to fall through.
Significant first person framerate reduction can occur.
Textures will display across the visor on some helmets.
AI ships have an unintended wing wobble behavior.
The terrain on Lyria might disappear in some areas (high terrain in high density areas),
:laffo:

...besides that, Mrs Lincoln, how did you like the play?

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

AbstractNapper posted:

:lol: removed. It didn't make it for 20 minutes.

Not a cult?

You saw it- it was loaded with untruths. Just outright false claims like "This new thing costs 3 times more than a full price video game and also it doesn't work."

It had to be removed for the good of the sub. Got to make room for six million new player testimonials and videos of the new truck totally owning stationary targets as they hover in front of it

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

quote:

So, given all of that- why would you ever pay real money for one of these?

To support the game motherfucker. This is obviously not pay to win. Now shut up and pledge.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sarsapariller posted:

It's completely organic gameplay where 6 or 7 people just happened to get together with their brand new 140 dollar missile truck that were released like 30 minutes before the video was posted.

They are completely organically guarding one of the many ground-based targets that definitely exist in the game from a totally random player who just happened to fly up and want to attack it, which happens all the time even though there are 50 players max spread out over about 6 planets worth of surface area. This all just works because Star Citizen is a real game and stuff like this definitely happens all the time. The fact that you can't actually transport the truck so they must be within a few minutes of some spawn pads should not make you suspicious. Also please do not take note of the fact that there's no actual mechanical reason anyone would ever need to fight one of these trucks or shoot down a ship with one of these trucks. Do not question. Just consume product and get excited for next product.

Thanks for assuaging my concerns. I must admit, i was a bit worried this was all bit set up.

Also, hey everyone, back from my month ban. Apologies for making the forum look bad.. erm.. worse by suggesting what i would like to do to people who put out videos with those fake surprise reaction faces. In future I shall moderate my comments, instead suggesting that i would like to shave off their beards and burn their baseball caps. Hope that's not too outrageous ;)

Also, LOL at the 140 dollar truck that can't actually go anywhere or do anything. Money well spent CIG and backers!

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Poor BMM and Idris owners.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Hi guys, i'm an angry gamer and I want to share my story.

Poot

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lladre posted:

Poot

Still a better story than SQ42.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Agony Aunt posted:

Poor star citizen owners.

Valcione
Sep 12, 2007
For All Brave Silpheed Pilots

Zaphod42 posted:

Jesus christ Katsuma, gently caress off forever.

Hurrr hurrr "GabeN will never notice you" hurr hurr :smuggo: .

Notice most of the thread agrees with me? You wanna disagree go ahead but this is just shitposting.

You fight this battle everywhere I see you, like you've got an axe to grind or something. I don't know what sort of stake you've got in this, but whatever it is, it seems like you're pretty personally invested. If this is the hill you want to die on, ain't my place to tell you no.

That being said, I am really, truly, ever-so-sorry for shitposting here.

In the Star Citizen thread.

On Something Awful dot com.

You moron.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

epic bad, star citizen bad, video games bad

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

GoG and humble are ... good?
same with discord maybe, because they let me disable the store part easily, and revenue split seems pretty fair for developer.

im interested to hear if there is some downsides to those stores.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Dark Off posted:

same with discord maybe, because they let me disable the store part easily, and revenue split seems pretty fair for developer.

they're not steam, thus also bad

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I own Rainbow Six Siege on Steam and I haven't played it in like half a millennium, but at one point launching it from steam used to launch the Ubisoft launcher, which then launched Rainbow Six. That's my "videogame launchers make me mad" story, thanks for listening.

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

his nibs posted:

so many angry goons :(

I blame alfalfa sprouts.

PederP
Nov 20, 2009

Lladre posted:

Poot

Pootiepie?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

:lol: at all of this.

Sarsapariller posted:

Also CIG forgot to include a mechanic to allow you to reload the thing once you've fired the 8 missiles.

:lol:

:argh: yet also :lol:

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

I cant remember if i ever posted in here but i just wanted to say the missile truck videos are extremely funny

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Guys it's OK, the work has been done but no higher ups were available to sign off on it, jeez, everything is absolutely fine!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Welp, Squadron 42 is all done, just waiting now for a higher up to sign off on it.
Any day now, someone will come.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Dark Off posted:

GoG is CD Projekt Red... which has a history of saying some problematic poo poo (namely transphobic poo poo)

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010