Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
kale maker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

fawning deference posted:

If he was around with my next pick I would not be able to resist taking him.

I wanted a defenseman and talked myself into taking him over someone more established. I knew he (and my other choices) would be long gone before my next pick, so why not!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Let me pick tonight you cowards!!!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I’m looking forward to seeing some drunken picking over the weekend.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

EL BROMANCE posted:

I’m looking forward to seeing some drunken picking over the weekend.

Queue someone passionately defending picking Nathan Bastian or Michael McLeod in the 5th round

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
slow day

WeaponX (11:02 am EST)
stab
Jonathan Fisk
Drunk Canuck
Kilza
JawKnee

Skipped:
VOTE1 (x1)

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Sent my shitpicks to corn on the cop in case im busy

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I’m doing the same

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

With the 104th overall pick the San Jose Sharks select Nazem Kadri

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
stab selects Cam Atkinson, who will no longer lay siege to the Habs.

Jonathan Fisk selects wunderkind Clayton Keller, who got less ice time than Luke Glendening at the World Championships.

going to bed, smooches

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Atkinson is a great pick this late.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Jets rush up to the stage after sleeping in and hurriedly select David Krejci

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Will I get to pick tonight? Stay tuned!

Next up:
Drunk Canuck (until 12 PM EST)
Kilza
JawKnee
Kuule hain nussivan
FBS

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

LA KINGS select C William Karlsson

Next up:
Kilza
JawKnee
Kuule hain nussivan
FBS

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Picking for Kilza, who wants Vincent Trocheck.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Trocheck is an interesting figure because 3 years ago he was an elite shutdown first line caliber center, then the next year his shutdown numbers significantly dropped but he put up nearly a ppg, and then this last season he (while injured) was basically just a really decent 3rd line center.
If he regains form to either of the first two he is absolutely a steal at this point. I considered him over Zbad for a good long while because peak Trocheck is for sure the better player but he's been trending down and Zbad trending up

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
I will select Andreas Athanasiou

It's too early and I'm too hung over for reasons

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Kuule hain nussivan is up. I do have a short list from them, so I'll keep an eye on the time and pick for them if necessary

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

JawKnee posted:

Kuule hain nussivan is up. I do have a short list from them, so I'll keep an eye on the time and pick for them if necessary
Thanks JawKnee, but I not only managed to wake up in time, but also get alcohol before my pick came up!

This might be a bit of a reach, but with the however-manyeth-round pick, the Colorado Avalanche pick "El" Nino Niederreiter!

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Trocheck is an interesting figure because 3 years ago he was an elite shutdown first line caliber center, then the next year his shutdown numbers significantly dropped but he put up nearly a ppg, and then this last season he (while injured) was basically just a really decent 3rd line center.
If he regains form to either of the first two he is absolutely a steal at this point. I considered him over Zbad for a good long while because peak Trocheck is for sure the better player but he's been trending down and Zbad trending up

Trocheck was definitely one of the guys I was considering if he made it back to me. There's not many 70 point potential centers left and he's one of them. I think there's some nice upside with that pick if he rebounds.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Troch came back very quickly from an injury that looked very, very bad on the ice - probably due to the team not doing well and his mentality being of one that needs to get involved. I’m expecting a good season from him again with the renewed vitality within the team and the time to heal properly.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

FBS is up until 12:27 pm EST (I think, someone correct me if I'm wrong)
lazerwolf
Mamma Lucia
fawning deference
Jordan7hm

JawKnee fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jul 20, 2019

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

1:27, I think

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
isn't it 2 hours? last pick was 10:27 so FBS should be skipped now.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

My screen says they made it at 11:47 :iiam:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
JawKnee has it correct

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Y'all are some ravenous motherfuckers. The Ducks select Dylan Strome.

I admit I'm a little worried about this pick, after such a great year after the trade to Chicago he seems like a prime candidate for a slump. I'm hoping that at age 22 he'll continue to develop as a player but this is the first pick of mine that feels like a risk.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

FBS posted:

Y'all are some ravenous motherfuckers. The Ducks select Dylan Strome.

I admit I'm a little worried about this pick, after such a great year after the trade to Chicago he seems like a prime candidate for a slump. I'm hoping that at age 22 he'll continue to develop as a player but this is the first pick of mine that feels like a risk.

SAS draft is cutthroat.

Anyway since i'm up, Vegas selects Dougie Hamilton. He takes a ton of shots and drives possession. He's young and on a decent contract for a couple more seasons.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I actually thought you would take him! Hamilton is super good.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
I rated Strome fairly highly after his finish last season. Lot to like there.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
After missing out on Klingberg, Hamilton can fill a similar role

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

The islanders know you're only as good as your goalie, which is why they select Braden Holtby.

fawning deference is up until 2:55

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

corn on the cop posted:

I rated Strome fairly highly after his finish last season. Lot to like there.

Even if he keeps up his production from last year, that's a solid 2nd centre

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Such a tough pick. There are 3 players that I cannot decide on, but I'll just make a choice and hope one of the other two are still around in 20 picks.

The Devils select Anthony Mantha. Mantha played almost 18 mins a game last year and has done nothing but score at every level in the league. His fancies are off the charts, he's only 24, and if healthy I think he is a lock for 30-35 goals.

O'Reilly-Mantha
Hughes

Klingberg

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

lazerwolf posted:

After missing out on Klingberg, Hamilton can fill a similar role

Hamilton is very good. Klingberg is obviously on the higher end in terms of offensive production but Hamilton does everything very well and is still only 25.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Phone posting in a rush. I’ll take Gallagher.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

dang, that's a good pick this late. Was hoping he'd fall to me

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Jordan7hm posted:

Phone posting in a rush. I’ll take Gallagher.

Love Gallagher! He wasn't in my top 3-4 but would be the next pick if those guys were all taken.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

EL BROMANCE is up until 3:06pm EST
Teemu Pokemon
eXXon
Jamwad Hilder
corn on the cop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

In the fourth round, the Florida Swampmen boost their power play with a guy that snipes like Chris Kyle with Mike Hoffman.